Guilt trip

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By ThePuzzler

Venezuela: Catholic Church of Unified Mutants, 8:00PM...

Father Cassidy was an old blind man, a blind mutant to be exact. Even with the power to heal the ailments of others, he was still a humble man, holding Christ above himself and upheld the word of god. This well respected holy man was praying at his bedside, praying to his lord to unite the humans and mutants in a peace they could all enjoy.

There was of course forces and beings that didn't fall under human or mutant. Ones that didn't care about religion, good or evil and a balance. The shadow's Imps were such creatures. With the sun long set, and the moon up high these creatures crawled out of the shadow's outside of the church. "They have religion here? Who the hell cares about that god stuff when they can do all sorts of cute tricks!?" One of the Imps laughed while they all bickered and chuckled.

Hobbs however, was standing at the front as usual with his clever eyes surveying the scene. Of course, the brilliant leader creased his mouth to reveal a fanged grin, scratching his scaly chin. "You know what I love about churches boys? They are really crazy about candles..Weak light. Don't think we'll be needing to worry about meltin' anytime soon! COME ON!" Hobbs pointed forwards while scurrying onward himself, the dark blue horde climbing, crawling and slipping into the church like maggots on a wound....

Meanwhile, father Cassidy begun his nightly prayer, his old humble voice was as light as a pin drop. "Lord, I ask you tonight what I hope for every night. That you can show the people we are not so different from your original image..."

An Imp leaped onto one of the priests, his claws digging deep through the back of his throat.

"...That the bloodshed can cease, and we can start to rebuild what we have already lost..."

Hobbs grabbed at a stranger's ankles who sat at one of the many benches, dragging him under with a brief scream and a splash of blood across the stone floor right after. "Sorry, church's closed!"

"...For Xenon to keep his wisdom and strength, but use it for peace and prosperity..."

A priest in the concessionary booth heard the other door open, a few laughs here and there but were hushed by another scratchy voice, he was unable to see who it was on the other side from the dark. "Yes my child?" The priest asked, his brow creased at the unsettling noises. Finally though, one of the Imps spoke from the other side. "Forgive me father, for I have sinned. See I killed this priest because I really REALLY wanted his collar...No wait, that hasn't happened yet. Let's change that guys!" Three sets of Imp arms came breaking through the weak wooden mesh, pulling the horrified holy man through violently.

All the candles had been blown out through this church, all but the table candle in Father Cassidy's secluded bedroom. Cassidy finishing his prayer "...May your light shine on this city in it's darkest times Lord. Amen." Little did the humble Father know, that around twenty five Imps were in his room behind him, having blown out the candle minutes before the finished prayer, their hands pushed together in a mocking prayer. Hobbs was wearing the collar of one of the fallen priests while the others, of course not fitting his scrawny small neck. "AMEN! HAHAHAHAAAAHAHAA!" Every single Imp said almost in sync before erupting in horrid laughter, the Father turning around in a fright just as Hobbs leaped onto him first, plunging his clawed fingers right through the poor soul's eyes.

While the other Imps ravaged Cassidy like lions to a zebra, Hobbs held the blind eyes up to his own and looked around. "I dunno guys..I think I got ripped off on these eyes, I mean I can't see a thing! BAHAHAHAAAA! HEY! Save me some of his heart you bastards..."

What the authorities would find the very next morning would not be a single Imp in sight. Instead they would find the massacre that was left in their wake, and what was left of the late Father Cassidy strong up on the cross at the main alter. The words "GUILT TRIP" scratched onto his head...

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Ooooooh I love it

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0