Future Shock

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By EganTheVile1

In the darkness of the cold vacuum of space a twinkle of light moves closer to the Milky Way Galaxy at an impressive rate, the light signals a dark era for mankind, an invading force approaches, an alien race whose world was destroyed by their own hand, an alien race who thinks mankind is doing the same thing to their own world and thus no longer deserves to keep it. The year is 2060, and due to an innoculation given to all infants starting in the year 2020, there are no longer any super-humans, no young ones anyway. Those who are left with powers in this brave new world of technoligy are closely monitored, forced into super-citizens homes or in the case of criminals given indefinate prison sentences, though in truth, both the elderly heroes and villains of the world are prisoners, kept under close watch due to their amazing abilities, age has not taken away the fear most have for these gods among men, if anything it has increased the publics fear, as some of the super-humans have had lapses in the control of their power. Incidents of those with powers inadvertantly creating mass chaos due to a temporary lapse in control of their powers has even led to talk of euthanasia. In a high-tech prison dedicated to the containment of the elderly super-villains Vile-1 was no exception to the rule of Super-Human containment, the cyborg who was light-years ahead of his time once, was now an antique, his weapons and tech outdated, his brain aged and senile, alcoholism had taken it's toll on his mind, even the machinery that made his body strong could not protect his mind from the self abuse he has inflicted upon it over the years. Suddenly the eyes of Vile-1 glowed a bright red, something had set off the old machines proximity radar, a satelite in space linked to the machines mind had detected something, a probe launched from an unknown source. "They are here, the ones I called to all those years ago." The imprisoned machine muttered to himself, leading the guard outside his door to yell "Shut the %^&$ up you crazy old son of a bi$%#!" Egan suddenly grew puzzled by the guards remarks, "What was I just saying?" the guard shot the old tin-maniac an annoyed look, but somewhere in the back of the cyborg's mind was the only warning Earth had of an impending invasion.

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By talon_x23

Talon sat there in town square watch people walk by. There was no much going on in her life. Mostly every one she knew was old and week. Because of her healing ability it made her looked like she was still a teenager even though she was long past that age. She had given up the hero business a long time ago partly because she wanted a normal life but also because she had enough worries. 

She could hear the conversations going on around her. It was so strange only twenty years had passed but it seemed as if every one had forgotten about the real heroes the X Men, Avenger they were all gone.  But she was still thee and she had not changed. Her black hair blew in the soft gentle breeze. Her green eyes pierced every corner looking searching for some one.

And then she saw it, a small shadow ducking behind an alley. She arose to her feet slowly and bag around her back. Walking calmly she walked toward the ally. There he stood, he was tall and handsome. His blue eyes seemed to glow like those of a cat. “long time no see huh sis”. She smiled it was her brother XL he was the same like her so he did not appear to age. “Not much bro, not much”.

Lots of thing had happened to these two siblings. They had loved they had lost and through time they had grown even closer. Now a days they were on the run, but not fro SHIELD or HYDRA. They were just running. They both new they could not have lives of their own their past would always be there to haunt them. So the only people they could be with was each other. She let out a sigh of joy “Are you ok?” “Yah sis yah know me, I’m quick”. He then sat against the wall of a large building Talon sat beside him and held his arm as if she was till a kid “Where did it all go wrong XL, I mean how did the word get this way” she said in despair.

XL looked at his broken and torn sister. He loved her something awful and new that if they were not related he would still love her. After every thing she had done to him he still loved her. :I don’t know sis but we’ll get through this like we always do don’t worry”. Talon leaned against her brother and closed her eyes.  “Thanks XL” “Welcome sis”.

The two sat there in the alley unaware of what was to come. Of the evil that was about to emerge. And that would join the forces of god and bad together..........................

Luixlor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Luixlor

Luixlor walked down the street minding his own business watching other people mind theirs. Half way down University Street, Luixlor saw that a new bar had open up. mesón picante ( Spicy Inn ) Luixlor walked in and heard the sound of trumpets and violins playing from the speakers coming from above. Luixlor took a seat in the corner of the bar and waited for a waitress to come take his order. He saw many different people leave and enter the bar. One man entered with his head down and dressed in all black. The man started walking in the direction of Luixlor. As the man got closer he lifed his head and stared at Luixlor. Luixlor looked into his eyes and saw that they were blood shot red. Quickly the man looked down and took a seat in the opposite corner of the bar. Luixlor kept looking at the man with amazing confusion. It was in the middle of July in 80 degree weather.

"Damn that guy has some cojones for wearing all that black." Luixlor muttered to himself

"umm.. Excuse me sir what would you like to drink?" the waitress said

"I'll just have a cold beer."

The waitress walked away as if she was in a hurry. Luixlor never took his eyes off the man in the opposite corner. The man still sat there with his head down looking at the floor. The man got up and headed toward the bathroom. Luixlor could hear the door open and close. When the door closed Luixor had a icy chill run up his spine. He could feel his veins getting cold.

"Dang I havent had this feeling for almost twenty years..."He thought to himself.

The waitress brought over Luixlor's beer and left. Luixlor sat there and drank his beer waiting...ready...ready for anything that might happen...

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Akwa

In the high-tech prison known as 'The New York Prison for Dangerous Supers' all was silent.Silence was nothing new here. Most of the supers inside had stopped talking long ago, they had consigned themselves to their fate. Of course, not all of them had stopped talking...

"Anyway, so I said to him, 'Oh yeah?' and he said 'Yeah'. And I said 'Oh, yeah?' and he said-"

"OH GOD! Don't you ever shut up!" cried the guard, who had the misfortune to be guarding Prisoner #366 that day. This as his first time guarding this prisoner and now he knew why all the other guards hated this particular prisoner with a passion. This one had been in prison for decades and apparently, during all that time, had never stopped talking. Not even once. While most other supers spirit's would've been crushed by now, #366 was as cheery and annoying as ever.

"Yes. Thats what he said. He told me to shut up. How did you know?"

The guard sighed. Why did I ever become a prison guard? he thought. He wasn't really sure on that one himself. He'd grown up hearing about the exploits of supers and he'd always secretly liked them. He had thought that it had been unneccesary of the government to round up supers and put them in jail. But after several hours with #366,  he was beginning to sympathise with the politicians.

He stepped back, trying to block out the incessant chatter and took a look at his prisoner. For a man in his late eighties, he still looked young. If he hadn't been a super, the guard would've thought it was just a young man in his early twenties. The cell was different as well. Instead of the conventional cell, this one had no walls.  The guard had been told that if the cell had walls, the prisoner would've been able to punch his way out. Even a cell made out of admantium would've worn down through fifty years worth of punching. Windows were also not allowed since #366 was known for being somewhat...slippery and would be able to get out even if the window was the size of a penny.

Instead, #366 was imprisoned in a cubical forcefield, roughly 2m by 2m. The walls of the room that the force field was kept in were lined with psychic disruptors to stop the prisoner from using any of his telepathic abilities. The field and the disruptors was kept up and running by a power generator and had several generators serving as backup in case the first generator failed. #366 had escaped once before and this time, they weren't taking any chances. At this point, the guard's train of thought was derailed yet again by the prisoner's constant babbling.

"You know, this isn't the first time I've been in a prison designed for supers. I was in once a while back but all the supers in it escaped, including me. While I was escaping I met a very interesting fellow. He ended up decapitating me. Well, I think he did. It was a while back my memory's a bit fuzzy. If only I could remember his name! I think it started with a D..."

The guard tuned him out and looked at his watch. He sighed again. Only a few more hours left before this shift was over and someone else could take over. Thank God.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Akwa watched the guard sigh. Ever since being imprisoned here, the only pleasure he got was annoying the guards. To be honest, he didn't think he belonged here. He wasn't some dangerous supervillian. All he had done was object to the new laws stating all supers had  to be monitored. Objected somewhat violently, yes, but still...

He wondered how long he would be in here for. He wasnt going to die of old age. Could he possibly stay here in imprisonment for all eternity? Nonsense. Nothing lasted for ever, not even prisons. One day, he was going to be free.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#5  Edited By EganTheVile1

Prisoner 939, Egan began to throw himself against the walls of the cell he called home within the NYPDS, Egan was known to the guards to throw fits of rage like this, and his guard was aware of this fact. "Calm down you senile old freak, I dont get paid enough to deal with your kind, they should scrap you for spare parts and put the rest of you supers in the gas chamber." the guard spoke coldly to the one man army who simply responded "And I should.....unggggh" THUD Egan collapsed to the floor with a loud noise that echoed throughout the prison "Omigod, Omigod, I cant have a freak die on my first day, not after all the things I've said about them!" The guard lowered the force field and ran into the cell, leaning over Egan, his ear to the machines chest, listening for any trace of life, and he got that sign of life, when the cyborg sat up and grabbed the guard by his soft throat. "Guess they forgot to tell you, I like to play possum." Egan tried to charge his thermal canon, but found his weapon disarmed "Forgot my weapons are disarmed, at my age you can understand that happening right?" the guard flailed as the cyborg maintained it's vice like grip on his throat unggghhhh cough uck....* The guard was dead in the grip of the old machine, "Guess they dont make em like they used to, do they?" Guards from surrounding cells charged at the machine, firing blasters meant to stun most supers, the guards who were panicing forgot their training in a heartbeat, Egan was a machine not a man, the bio-disruption devices had no effect, and as the blood splattered across the walls of the NYPDS, Egan didnt respond with his typical manical laughter, in fact those who heard what he whispered would claim the one man army said "I'm sorry" to each man he slayed, as the last human body slid from Egan's fingertips 10 minutes later, the cyborg proceeded to rip off the doors to several prisoners cells, Prisoner 328, Prisoner 987, Prisoner 856, Prisoner 366, and prinoer 666, and prisoner X-ALPHA, Egan began to yell to the freed supers "THEY ARE COMING! THE ALIENS! WE MUST STOP THEM OR WE ALL DIE!" The old villains just stared at Egan as he charged forward ripping through the walls as a senile old mad man, they had heard the Tin-Maniacs rantings over the years and were more impressed a crazy old man could manage to break out then willing to put faith in his rantings of space invaders.

Egan himself continued forward scanning the area for his missing toys, 3 floors below he picked up on his sensors what he was looking for prisoners yelled for freedom, and guards called for Hulkbuster units but the one man army was possessed by his sheer will and ignored them all, instead the machine pounded at the floor until it gave way beneath his feet, falling down to the next level Egan simply stomped on the ground until the steel and cement buckled beneath him, the final floor proved the most difficult, Egan positioned himself on his hands and knees pounding and ripping at the top of the room used to contain the possessions of the supers until their releases, Egan pounded and tore, with great determination, until he finally made a hole in the lockers ceiling, bullets began to bounce off the machine, but he managed to reach his 5 foot long arm into the storage room, where he retrieved a small tray of several of his belongings, an Energy blade, which was out of power and in dire need of recharging, a rusty sword which Egan knew not of how he used to wield such a useless weapon in combat, and a device used to power his energy weapons and shields. With his old gear somewhat intact, Egan placed the device known as the Ionic Modulator into his wrist, and after 20 more seconds of taking an onslaught of bullets, Egan's power cells recharged, allowing him to flee the prison via teleportation, with a crackle and flash of light, Egan emerged in a New York City alley, and used his holographic projection system to disguise himself as an old man, as he walked into the streets, all the while Egan shouted "Repent! The end is nigh! We have sinned! the invaders have come to end our world!" All who witnessed his rant believed it to be the ramblings of a homeless madman....