Neuromind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Neuromind

Larson’s Logs Day 47

It still happening, despite the exile of the high prince I still see them. Those visions, those memories. From the first mental link I saw it, the Darkspawn’s vessel and their target. At least I thought it was their target, I thought we were their target. They devoured our planet and what I took as them coming to finish us off is far from the truth. I missed it so many times before but, I get it now. They weren’t hunting us, they were running. What could be strong enough to make a primordial evil capable of killing planet's in no longer than a single hour I don’t know. Whatever it is though I do know one thing, we need Octavian back.

He was made for this, the offspring of a Cross genetically modified to possess the strongest ocular ability and his body fused with a negative crystal. He was built to be a weapon, a weapon designed to fight an enemy that no longer comes.

How do I know this, because Hastings told us and while he was insane he may not actually be so mad. His insanity was driven by something and if I’m correct it’s the same thing I’m seeing. An enemy strong enough to kill everyone running away from something even more terrifying. It all makes sense when you think about it like that, his constant mission to try and accelerate humanity's evolution into a stronger being. His creation of Octavian, it was all fueled by fear for what was to come. It was a fear that drove him mad and broke him, I only fear it will do the same to me.

This is the last video journal entry of 67 year old Thaddeus McKinney. He was traveling to Mars before his ship disappeared. Status: Unknown

“It’s been three days since we left and when they tell you there ain't nothin up here, they’re right. Honestly space is just this big black void yet, I’m still taken in by it’s beauty.”

The camera shifted from the elderly man, his short white hair still sitting barely in view. It moved across the white and blue room. A single fluorescent light illuminated the 5 x 5 room. Currently all that was installed was a bed, a chair, a desk, and a window. The lense focused on the circular porthole that allowed viewing of the dark void.

“I really wish you could have come with me, it would have been nice to spend our anniversary together this year. But, you told me you wanted to have your ashes scattered somewhere you had never been and I thought that this would be the best place.”

The camera shook gently before being shifted back into place. The man's face was clear now, wrinkles lines his forehead and cheeks but, he looked surprisingly young for his age. His body was clearly in view at this point and it became obvious that despite being 67 he looked like he was in his early fifties.

“You get to have your remains scattered across a new planet, it still amazes me how far we've come as people. When I was young if somebody told me that I could get a ticket to another planet for $200 more than a plane ticket to Hawaii I would have laughed in their face. I guess you always were the imaginative one.”

His finger reached up, removing a tear from his eye.

“According to the captain we’re going to arrive in two more days. Honestly I’m a bit relived, I’m starting to have a hard time telling up from…”

A shrill sound echoed through the cube shaped room. The door burst open and in walked a young man in a black and red uniform. He glanced around before quickly closing the door, a quiet click signified that the lock had been turned. The older gentleman got up from the chair and hurried over the the metal slab that kept him from leaving. He violently jiggled the handle but, it didn't give. A voice cut through the alarm, coming over a PA system.

“This is your captain speaking. It appears we have encountered an emergency. This shouldn't be anything major just please stay in your rooms and..What the hell is that. GOOD GOD..AAAAHHHHHHHHH”

The sound cut out and the entire ship lurched, his legs lost footing and his butt kissed the ground. He scrambled to his feet his eyes looking in horror as he gazed out the window. The metal began to creak and groan. Panels warped and began getting collapsing in on themselves. Rather than the loss of atmosphere however, a dark cloud began to roll through the cracks. It’s mist moving towards him, he stumbled backwards, the mist moved closer and closer. As it passed by the camera a voice was heard. A very deep voice that spoke a language not known to the ears of most.

“Iz uw syic...Iz uw zmy aly[It is weak...It is the one]”

The dark cloud engulfed him, he made no sound, and then the feed cut out.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided