Dark Legacy

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1851  Edited By Mercy_

Not more than twelve hours ago, Cassidy Lockhart had delivered a beautiful baby girl into a dark and terrible world. Ensconced safely with The Harbingers, she had torn herself away from the miraculous baby, Lily Erin Asami LeBeau, and geared up. Severing herself from her child had been one of the hardest things to do, especially with the swarming hormones of new motherhood attempting to cloud her thinking. But Kaz was alone and he was hurting and her daughter needed her father.

Clad in a black tactical kevlar alloy suit of her own devising, Cassidy entered Japan and began scouting out for his last known location. Her SEER system had led her here. With nothing but her beloved kukris and a backpack full of the essentials for survival, her quest for Kaz began.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1852  Edited By Charlemagne

@Mercy_: A pair of freshly killed hares were slung over his shoulder as he made his way back to his small wooden encampment. Having fully recovered from his brief encounter with former Legacy member Marcus, a formidable opponent who had systematically taken Kaz apart. Luckily an unforeseen strategical error had allowed the Arashikage to escape and subsequently analyze his arrogant mistakes in an effort never to repeat them. A sudden shift in the wind alerting him to her arrival, his fully grown beard masking the small arch in his lip as he smiled. "Cass....."

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1853  Edited By Mercy_

@The Last Arashikage: She used the terrain cover to her advantage, having no idea what state of mind that he was in. She was still slightly weakened from the experience of childbirth, despite the fact that it had gone without flaw. But nothing would keep her from reclaiming Kazarian and according to all reports that Lea had eventually sent her way, it was going to be a task.

Whistling in the air, mimicking the call of a sparrow, she followed his expertly hidden trail through the woods.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1854  Edited By Charlemagne

@Mercy_: He had been drawn in by the craftily mimicked whistle that for all intensive purposes, was perfect. Variations in key locations its only give away initiating Kazarian's exploration. Crouched atop the overlapping branch of a majestic cherry blossom peering down on the elegant enchantress his emotions were conflicting. An animalistic urge to pounce held at bay by his love in a constant struggle between man and beast.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1855  Edited By Mercy_

@The Last Arashikage: She knew he was there. The very air felt charged with it, her instincts only affirming it. His eyes on her felt like rays of heat, the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end as she felt him watching her. At one point in time that would have put a smile on her face, now it just set her on edge. Gently gripping the hilt of her kukri, Cass tentatively looked around the area, finally looking up. It took her several moments to pick him out in the trees due to his masterful camouflage techniques and utter stillness, but there he was nonetheless. Standing still like a deer caught in the headlights she didn't move an inch.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1856  Edited By duchess

CASSIDY ALREADY HAD HER BABY?

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1857  Edited By Charlemagne

@Duchess: Stabs

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1858  Edited By Mercy_

@Duchess: Was gonna wait until Halloween real time (and Halloween will be her birthday), but somebody was impatient.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1859  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Mercy_ said:

@Duchess: Was gonna wait until Halloween real time (and Halloween will be her birthday), but somebody was impatient.

You mean you? :P

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1860  Edited By Mercy_

@The_Assassin_ said:

@Mercy_ said:

No, for once it wasn't me lol

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1861  Edited By duchess

@Mercy_: Hehe not too difficult to imagine.

@The Last Arashikage: Ignites

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1862  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Mercy_ said:

@The_Assassin_ said:

@Mercy_ said:

No, for once it wasn't me lol

Well color me surprised ;)

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1863  Edited By Charlemagne

@Mercy_ said:

She knew he was there. The very air felt charged with it, her instincts only affirming it. His eyes on her felt like rays of heat, the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end as she felt him watching her. At one point in time that would have put a smile on her face, now it just set her on edge. Gently gripping the hilt of her kukri, Cass tentatively looked around the area, finally looking up. It took her several moments to pick him out in the trees due to his masterful camouflage techniques and utter stillness, but there he was nonetheless. Standing still like a deer caught in the headlights she didn't move an inch.

A quick rustle through the leaves the only sound made as Kaz leaped down landing with a graceful fluidity few could duplicate. "You shouldnt have come here." his attention quickly diverted to the slender abdomen of the Ronin assassin. Washed over with concern his demeanor surrendering his true feelings as he reach out placing his hand against her stomach, "Did.....did something happen? What went wrong? Where is it!" he frantically questioned fearing the worst.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1864  Edited By Charlemagne

@Duchess: Well now that was just uncalled for. I just wanted a lil bit of your blood, nothing much, just a pinch lol

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1865  Edited By duchess

@The Last Arashikage: Well you're going to have to give a whole lot of yours to get it lol

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1866  Edited By Mercy_

@The_Assassin_: Har har >_<

@The Last Arashikage: The graceful lines of his body were unsurpassed as he moved with a sense of grace and agility that many couldn't duplicate given decades to attempt it. Placing one hand over his she smiles at him and slowly reaches into a pocket on her waist. Pulling out a snapshot of the newborn Lily, a tuft of purple-black hair atop her pink head, she squeezes his hand. "Born this morning, calm down."

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1867  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Mercy_: <3

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1868  Edited By Charlemagne

@Duchess: Challenge!

@Mercy_: A quick smile is just as suddenly pulled back as he collects himself. Turning away head hung is shame, he continued, "I cant go back.....I'm not the same man you fell in love with."

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1869  Edited By duchess

@The Last Arashikage: Come at me

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1870  Edited By Charlemagne

@Duchess: Cant, I'm scared lmao

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1871  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Duchess: DUCHESS! D:

YOU FORGOT THE 'BRO'

V.v

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1872  Edited By Mercy_

@The Last Arashikage: She refused to let go of his hand. Ethan had been somebody different after he came back and she'd eschewed him, she'd abandoned him, she hadn't fought for him. Never again would she do that. She'd fight with everything she had. For her family, for her love, for his sanity and peace of mind. "Yes, you can. I love you." Walking up behind him, she hugs him from behind, resting her head on his back.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1873  Edited By duchess

@The Last Arashikage: lol go to church

@The_Assassin_: I didn't forget it I omitted it lmao

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1874  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Duchess: Very well ;)

How ya been gurl :D

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1875  Edited By duchess

@The_Assassin_: I've been good :) I'll respond to the Loner's post I was just half asleep when you replied last haha

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1876  Edited By _Zombie_

I should post in here again as Marcus.. :U

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1877  Edited By Charlemagne

@Mercy_: His head effortlessly found its way against hers with a relaxing effect. His sculpted shoulders sank as the tension filtered out his well defined body. Hands slowly began to caress Cassidy's loving arms as he sighed, "I'd...." choking up as he spoke, "I'd like...to go see my daughter now....." a tear racing down his cheek.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1878  Edited By Mercy_

@The Last Arashikage: Going on tiptoe, she places a kiss on his cheek directly in the path of the trail of the tear. "I think she'd like that. I know that I would." Ensconcing her hand in his, she tentatively led the way to the craft that she'd piloted here, all instincts sharpened as they traversed the terrain.

The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1879  Edited By The_Assassin_

@Duchess: No rush ^.^

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1880  Edited By Charlemagne

@Mercy_: He took one last look back at the self imposed wooden prison that had hardened his nerve and amplified his abilities before ducking inside the craft headed back to the Harbingers and his Lily.

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1881  Edited By Kratesis

AGGGG! Mercy and Kaz are so sweet I want to break my oath and kill at least one of them!!!!!

*Evil rage*

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1882  Edited By Mercy_

Moving to The Harbingers thread.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1883  Edited By Charlemagne

@Kratesis said:

AGGGG! Mercy and Kaz are so sweet I want to break my oath and kill at least one of them!!!!!

*Evil rage*

HA! treacherous

@Mercy_: :)

Ordnance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1884  Edited By Ordnance

Marcus was bent over a railing outside, resting his elbows on it. As he did, he smelled the familiar scent of roses. He smelled Theresa. "Figured I'd gotten stable enough that you stop showing up." He stated plainly, swallowing a small lump in his throat. It didn't matter how many times this happened, this particular illusion was one of the hardest to bear. Marcus looked over at the woman beside him. She didn't speak. She never did, she just stared at him. "Sht.." He exhaled, lacing his fingers in front of his face. "You know, no matter how many times we do this.. I still end up apologizing." If there was one benefit to these painful hallucinations, it was that they'd been frequent enough that he had stopped crying at the sight of his dead fiancee. "I'm sorry, Theresa. I'm so sorry." And like always, she vanished right after he apologized.

She always did.

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1885  Edited By duchess

Appearing in her now vacant room, she slides her fingers gently against the walls as she moves out onto the balcony. Not planning to stay for long she rests against the balcony's railing, gazing out at the jungle, eyes filled with visions of iced-over memories.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#nostalgia

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mercy_ said:

#nostalgia

damn this thing was fun

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

related to the OP.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_zombie_ said:

@mercy_ said:

#nostalgia

damn this thing was fun

Yeah, it seriously was.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mercy_: His head effortlessly found its way against hers with a relaxing effect. His sculpted shoulders sank as the tension filtered out his well defined body. Hands slowly began to caress Cassidy's loving arms as he sighed, "I'd...." choking up as he spoke, "I'd like...to go see my daughter now....." a tear racing down his cheek.

Damn. we either love each other or hate each other, there never is any in between, is there?

This whole arc with Kaz and the baby gave me so. many. feels.

Bring Gambler out of retirement and bring him over with Lily >_<

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1891  Edited By Charlemagne

@mercy_: Good stuff

Primes dead to me though :P no more gambler

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was good times.

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just re-reading this thread yesterday.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Every few months I think about it and how I was at some of my sharpest during it. Short, concise posts packed with action and importance and economical dialogue.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Ethan

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: It's my favorite period of your work. Those posts were dense with imagery, detail and emotion and packed a punch without taking forever to write or read.

@valerie_huntington: Yeah, same. Maybe he'll come back.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawkshade: Thank you very much! I'm doing some reading through of it right now and I'm struck by how much character development was packed in so quickly, so off the cuff, and so organically. It was something special.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mercy_: Blah, blah, blah. Your a thief. You stole my name and my company and you just use it to help your master.

TBT

Hawkshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: It also features a rare Ester appearance. Love her writing. She could create a feeling, an atmosphere that infused an entire scene in ten words.

Ivy_Cunningham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eight years ago?!?!

Am I an old 😭