Which mutant should Rogue 'permanently' steal the powers of now??

• 74 results
Mystrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mystrogue

The current Rogue is quite boring. Who should she take the powers off of now?? Like she did to Ms Marvel

No Caption Provided

I like Rogue's Black and Green costume the best btw ^^

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

@Mystrogue:

No Caption Provided

She should steal Xavier's powers from The Red Skull, that seems fair.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

@dangallant984 said:

@Mystrogue:

No Caption Provided

She should steal Xavier's powers from The Red Skull, that seems fair.

And have a Nazi Rogue walking around?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dangallant984

@John Valentine: hahaha!

well, the question was "which mutant should Rogue permanently steal the powers of now?" If Rogue now has control over her powers, shouldn't she be able to absorb Xavier's powers from the Skull without absorbing his personality?

I guess that would make the current arc of Uncanny Avengers wrap up maybe a little too tidily, but whatever..

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IfDCRuledTheWorld

I always liked her as a wildcard in fights so my suggestions are:

• Mimic
  • Magneto
  • Wolverine
judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By judasnixon

No one....

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

Ms.Marvel again... And lay her to rest for good this time. Thank you. Keep those powers for real this time.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dangallant984

@judasnixon said:

No one....

yeah, if she's always with the X-men/Avengers, she doesn't need anything else. And she has to be craftier when they're not around, which is probably better for her character. I like that she's one that takes a little extra thought to do well.

@poisonfleur said:

Ms.Marvel again... And lay her to rest for good this time. Thank you. Keep those powers for real this time.

Hey, I liked her with those powers too, but what do you have against Captain Marvel? I think it would be cooler to see them on the same team..

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

Well since they never do anything with Monica Rambeau ever maybe Rogue should absorb her powers. It could be funny because she absorbed Ms. Marvel before and Monica used to be Captain Marvel.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jhazzroucher

Gladiator

Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard #5
Realm of Kings: Imperial Guard #5
Lordhuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lordhuck
@PrinceIMC said:

Well since they never do anything with Monica Rambeau ever maybe Rogue should absorb her powers. It could be funny because she absorbed Ms. Marvel before and Monica used to be Captain Marvel.

Yeah, I like that one.
Avatar image for markus_langbourn
Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

No one. Just a one power at a time absorption.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dangallant984

@Markus_Langbourn said:

No one. Just a one power at a time absorption.

That is still crazy powerful.

And, to @IfDCRuledTheWorld: @poisonfleur: @PrinceIMC: @jhazzroucher:

Why, if Rogue is in control of her powers now, would she ever permanently absorb the powers of another superhero? just because you don't like them? because that doesn't seem very in-character for her. Maybe I could see her permanently absorbing the powers of someone who had abused them (like she tried to do to Mystique), but another superhero? seems ill-conceived.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Markus_Langbourn
@dangallant984: Yes, it is. But as it stands now, she (and Hope, who basically has the same power) are just ludicrously overpowered and boring. 
At least that would cap her.
dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dangallant984

@Markus_Langbourn: I wouldn't mind that; limitations are good for characters. Though, sometimes seeing the combinations of powers can be pretty cool, I doubt I'd miss it if it meant her character evolved.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@poisonfleur said:

Completely agreed, I love her best that way ^_^

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pyrogram

Ms.Marvel obviously

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#18  Edited By SC  Moderator

Rogue stealing the powers of any other character won't suddenly return her to the personality type she was, or suddenly make her less "boring". In fact it might even be worse, I mean fictional character, fictional character!! Really depends on how the writer is going to use her with such powers. Right now Rogue taking Ms Marvels powers depending on the context, could potentially ruin her. "Yo sugah, remember last time I stole y'all powers and left you in a traumatic and painful emotional void that also created 30 years of history between us because every writer wanted to revisit our very first encounter and ignore all the history we built up since then yea? Well I wanna steal them again even" I mean I suppose she could ask to hold her hand for 2 hours or steal the evil bald Carols powers or randomly decide to attack some other super power randomly. Still.

Rogue use to work as an effective powerhouse back when X-Men had a really small team. Think about how many characters have joined the X-Men since then. Rogue having additional powers on top of her already dangerous and powerful and potentially team wrecking absorption power set will probably end up with her unused, deus ex machining it like Soap, I mean Hope, killed off, or plaguing her with CIS. So dual question would probably have to be, which characters power should she take and which writer will actually write her and how (then you probably have to consider the why and motivation with her decision and also what team she will be one as to not break team balance)

Being a Rogue fan and all if I was to be indulgent, I'd love Rogue to take her sassy, fierce independent, husky southern voiced self out into space, maybe with a few other mutants and Earth based characters who'd like to be proactive as far as space goes. Rogues superior control could work out a way to safely perma absorb powers and she could take about ten of the Imperial Guards characters powers and be way too overpowered for any sensible team but also be Marvels first true female powerhouse. Oh see I remember Bendis wanted her to take Genis Vells powers which would have been craaaazzzzzzy.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dangallant984

@SC said:

Rogue use to work as an effective powerhouse back when X-Men had a really small team. Think about how many characters have joined the X-Men since then. Rogue having additional powers on top of her already dangerous and powerful and potentially team wrecking absorption power set will probably end up with her unused, deus ex machining it like Soap, I mean Hope, killed off, or plaguing her with CIS. So dual question would probably have to be, which characters power should she take and which writer will actually write her and how (then you probably have to consider the why and motivation with her decision and also what team she will be one as to not break team balance)

I think the real duel question is, which character's power should she take and why?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doop. That would give her a lot of Ms. Marvel's powerset back, plus a bunch of new ones. And she would get her own language, which would be interesting for her teammates to deal with. Plus I want to see her inflate herself. It would be very entertaining.

P.S. She didn't permanently steal Ms. Marvel's powers; it lasted a long time, but it was still temporary.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator

@dangallant984 said:

@SC said:

I think the real duel question is, which character's power should she take and why?

Heh heh I agree, thats why I listed that question in the parenthesis below that sentence. ^_^ (I also agree with your earlier sentiment)

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dangallant984

@SC: right, sorry. I mostly thought I agreed with you, but I found your writing style a bit distracting, so I wasn't sure if I did or not. Another reading has made me think that I do.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PrinceIMC

@dangallant984:Though Rogue's powers have had so many ups and downs a writer could easily come up with a reason for her to lose control and absorb someone else's permanently. Or there could be a situation where the only way for either of them to survive is to absorb the other. It's all up to the writers.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceIMC

@PhoenixoftheTides: Actually it would have been permanent if only Rogues powers didn't start getting messed up by other sources over the past 10 years and Carol got new powers (that happened to be similar to her original ones)

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dangallant984

@PrinceIMC said:

@dangallant984:Though Rogue's powers have had so many ups and downs a writer could easily come up with a reason for her to lose control and absorb someone else's permanently. Or there could be a situation where the only way for either of them to survive is to absorb the other. It's all up to the writers.

That's true, but I think that would be a major step backwards for her character to be put back in such a similar situation again.

Trapaceira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Trapaceira

Thor com toda certeza

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dangallant984

@Trapaceira: por que Thor?

o que ele sempre feito sua?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By poisonfleur

@dangallant984 said:

@judasnixon said:

No one....

yeah, if she's always with the X-men/Avengers, she doesn't need anything else. And she has to be craftier when they're not around, which is probably better for her character. I like that she's one that takes a little extra thought to do well.

@poisonfleur said:

Hey, I liked her with those powers too, but what do you have against Captain Marvel? I think it would be cooler to see them on the same team..

I am biased. I've read Ms.Marvel/Captain Marvel and I find her boring as rocks (And I love reading the women of Marvel)-- It pains me to know she keeps getting a solos, when I feel more women of Marvel are more deserving or worth a read. Like: Storm, Elektra, Misty Knight, Black Cat, Mystique.. heck even.. Jean.

IMO, it just feels like Marvel wants their own version of Wonder Woman and they picked Ms.Marvel because she is blonde and has 'Marvel' in her name.

But I agree with you-- Seeing Rogue and Ms.Marvel on the same team-- I would be interested in reading that. Those two's interactions are always worth a read. Let's be honest-- We all want Rogue back with flight and super strength. ;D

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By judasnixon
@poisonfleur: I like her at her power level now. Generic super powers like flight and super strength wasn't what made Rogue cool. I like the idea she has to run around and steal other peoples powers like Mega Man. Her name is Rogue, she needs to be stealing something more than crappy country music off the internet. I find it a more compelling story when she has to deal with what every weird power she had at hand. Before that she just flew around and punched stuff really hard. Comics needs another super strong flying hero like A&E needs another Storages Wars TV show. Jesus Christ remember when Rogue only used her ability to steal other peoples powers as birthcontrol from Gambit?
Mystrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mystrogue

WOW, thought this thread would get ignored!

And I never said my thoughts. I think she should take Wanda's powers so there can be another M-day. And maybe give some powers back and de-power some unlucky mutants.

Mystrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mystrogue
For people that don't have or know about it, have my favorite X-Men picture :)
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sissel

She should steal Hope powers so that she can be the most powerful stealing/copying mutant.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lykopis

hmm.

First, the Rogue I met was the Rogue who was grappling with what she had done to Ms. Marvel. While I loved seeing her catching baseballs in the sky and winking saucily at pilots, she always came across as tragic to me so having her permanently steal the powers of anyone would be terrible.

She is perfect as is. Her powers have an approximate twelve hour limit and also, there is no limit to how many powers she can "borrow." Having control over her absorbing powers is something that was long in coming (as in, keeping that ability, not it being a temporary thing) and the application of her powers are now very methodical and productive.

Rogue is perfect as is. When she needs to fly -- she will fly and when she needs to crack an asteroid in half, she can do that too because she has friends who are now more than willing to allow her to access their powers and the first in line would be Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel as proven recently when she approached Rogue trusting her to see what the Phoenix 5 was doing.

@Mystrogue said:

Agreed. I love this picture!

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chasereis

I do miss the schizophrenia though. That was really cool to see all that power and all though personalities. Cyclops should have gained perma-control before Rogue. Digressing I suppose.

Mystrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mystrogue

@lykopis: I know what you mean, but wouldn't it be a better read if she was stuck with someone else's powers??

Maybe she could be put into another coma and the only way to save her is by touching a certain mutant, like Sabretooth. Then she turns evil and runs away to her own comic series.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By kiss_lamia

hmmm i did like the Ms Marvel Power set Rogue alot more mainly to do with the personality she exuded, but redoing that would be unfair to Carol i mean she went through quite alot with that, so i don't know, if they could find away of giving her that powerset back without screwing Carol over again it would be cool. Perhaps through technological and gene related manipultation like finding an old sample of carols dna or something and doing it that way. *shrugs*

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pyrogram

@kiss_lamia said:

hmmm i did like the Ms Marvel Power set Rogue alot more mainly to do with the personality she exuded, but redoing that would be unfair to Carol i mean she went through quite alot with that, so i don't know, if they could find away of giving her that powerset back without screwing Carol over again it would be cool. Perhaps through technological and gene related manipultation like finding an old sample of carols dna or something and doing it that way. *shrugs*

I agree with this ^^ Miss M is such a cool character they have to treat her with respect this time :P

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By queenfrost_

I liked an earlier poster's suggestion of taking Xavier's powers from Red Skull. It would not only defeat Red Skull, but also give the X-Men a nice solid 'head telepath' again (since Emma is currently TP-less and psylocke is...well..psylocke). Also that would be neat for Rogue to have stable abilities for a while, and I would love if she was perhaps practising with Xavier's powers and find some of his 'psychic imprints' cos I loved the mentorship between Charles and Rogue

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By KDarkholme

I would love for her to have total-recall again. She can use alot of those powers with ease.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody, forcing her to steal and combine powersets on the fly instead of being a flying brick that only stole powers for a plot device makes her more interesting than she has been in a long time

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By shackle

Carol should pummel Rogue into paste if Rogue comes within 5 feet of her ever again.

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Paracelsus

How about someone with empathic abilities like Empath of the Hellions or Seraph or Topaz(whether the last two are mutants has never been expressly made clear but seems at least possible) or even a supernaturally based character such as werewolf or vampire such as Dracula?

Terry

TreeOfLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TreeOfLife

Maybe someone unconventional like Namor.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By evilvegeta74

Mystique, that would suit them both!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrinceIMC

I hope that she steals Wanda's powers for a while and has a really hard time controlling them and can only do so thanks to Wanda's instruction. That might help Rogue get over her Wanda hate.

Vampire_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't stand Ms. Marvel either, boring and bland as dried oatmeal. Rogue would be better with her powers since it would give her a bit of resistance to attacks with which to close the gap to touch others. She used to be the team powerhouse.

Who should she steal next? Northstar and Nightcrawler's both. Ultra fast attacks and blinking teleportation. That or Blink + Shadowcat, the best defensive powers available.

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Planewalker

I agree Rogue is boring right now, her role in Uncanny Avengers was only good at the end, but I wish she returns to Storm team on X-Men

Planewalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Planewalker
No Caption Provided

What about if she steals the powers of Moonstone, since her powers are quite similar to Carol, just a villain instead of a fellow Avenger, being part of the Unity Squad. Better yet Anna could just be like Reaper, her alternate version from Age of X, and steal powers of dying characters, so they won't be forgotten...

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or she could just...

Fuse with Wonder Man. :)

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers