Star Wars Battlefront News

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

How long have we been waiting for this game? Electronic Arts and Swedish developer DICE are ready to unleash this game upon us. We were invited to an early look at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim to get a look at what we can expect.

No Caption Provided

The presentation started with some actual gameplay off a PlayStation 4. It was pretty dang impressive. On Endor, you're part of a troop of Rebels, in first person mode, walking through the calm and serene forest moon. The lighting looks great shining through the trees. It all looks peaceful until the attack begins. Speeder bikes go wizzing by and there's a gunfight between you and Stormtroopers.

The action is intense. You really have to look around as some Stormtroopers are hiding up in the trees, in some Ewok structures. Being able to zoom in and shoot at different enemies looked great. Then an AT-ST comes tromping through. There's tons of explosives and then an AT-AT shows up.

As things really heat up, you have no choice but to run into a bunker. Going down deeper, you can't help but feel like someone's going to pop out at you. A trooper goes around you and is suddenly lifted into the air. Darth Vader appears. He ignites his lightsaber and deflects your blasts. The end.

Ada Duan, VP of Lucasfilm Digital Business spoke to us about this being the first game in a ten year deal with EA. They've given them complete access to the Lucasfilm archives. They wanted a game with new experiences and not just "movie games."

Next Niklas Fergraeus, Design Director for Star Wars: Battlefront, said they wanted to immerse players into the universe and you'll be able to create your own battles. They're using something called Photogrammetry where they've taken pictures from every angle and use a program to calculate what the look should be in the game. They wanted to make sure the characters, vehicles, and weapons are all authentic. They also went around the world to the different filming environments from the movies to take even more pictures.

The sound of the game is also important. This will be the first game using Dolby Atmos 3D sound. It was very loud and very impressive in the presentation.

There will be a lot of variety in the game. You can set up whatever scenario like having Boba Fett fighting on Hoth. Forty players can play in the multiplayer mode. You can even have dogfights in X-Wing or TIE Fighter squadrons. You can be a hero or a villain. You can even be Darth Vader.

The game is on online multiplayer game but there are missions you can play solo or with a friend, online or in split screen. There is also a Partner feature where you can create a tag team and share your stuff with a friend.

The game will be released on November 17, 2015. Since this is a month before Star Wars: The Force Awakens, there will be a free DLC that allows you to explore scenes from the movie, and what was seen in the trailer The Battle of Jakku is supposed to lead up to what was in the opening of the trailer, with the destroyed Star Destroyer. The free DLC will be available on December 8. If you can't wait that long, you can get it on December 1 if you pre-order the game.

The three things they said this game will do is deliver the most stunning and authentic visuals and experience, be the most authentic Star Wars game yet, and be ridiculously fun and allow players to immerse themselves into the universe.

Be sure to check out the trailer.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Never played the old one so I'm very excited to try this out.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

was a fan of the first over the second. hopefully there is a mode similar to galactic conquest .

No Caption Provided

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just crapped myself. But I need gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more hyped for this game than the movie; however, I'm worried about some of their design choices(no space battles, no campaign).

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: There was no campaign in the first two games either. And there will be space battles.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Awesome! Can't wait to learn more about the Battle of Jakku

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyborg6971: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/17/star-wars-celebration-battlefront-does-not-have-space-battles-prequel-era

Battlefront 2 has a storymode.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

It... Looks... Beautiful...

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO DROIDEKAS!!!! Everything is ruined ;(

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CrystalMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm going to go have a few heart attacks now. My body can not take this level of excitement.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will buy a PS4 or good gaming PC just to play this.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Endor? Hoth? Tatooine? Vader? Boba?

What magic is this?

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for this game! I'm getting an Xbox One just to play this game. Love it already!

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This got me more excited than the trailers for the actual Star Wars movie.

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

F that am watching Star Wars tonight

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

This is exactly what I was thinking, although I would play Arkham Knight as well

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking, although I would play Arkham Knight as well

Same! This and Arkham Knight are like the man reasons!

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456 said:

NO DROIDEKAS!!!! Everything is ruined ;(

Hehehe... Oh you were serious? I think having NOTHING from the prequels is the best call.

Bobsjonjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bobsjonjon

Where was all of this when I was 7? Can't Wait!

grinderkiller1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greatest Thing this Is.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

I just crapped myself. But I need gameplay.

I agree while that CG video was great and all. I need gameplay before I can even say im going to play it. And I honestly don't trust a company that does not release any gameplay footage at all. mind you I have little trust for EA in general.

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Disappointing that It's a online mutli-player game.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No space battles? Sad if none; that was the most fun part in the previous games.