LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LeonardoTMNT
No Caption Provided

Here we have some of the capabilities of New 52 Raven.

Has the ability of using her soul self.

No Caption Provided

Can use attacks used to attack the mind.

No Caption Provided

Can keep others in contact with her while going through time travel.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Has the ability to cloak others with her own power.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Has the ability to scan for anybody near her location.

No Caption Provided

Can use her Soul-Self to teleport not only herself but others as well, all while scanning for the presence of another.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Outside_85
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Easily handling Superboy (Jon), avoiding his physical and tk blows while rummaging through his head. (PS... why can't we have Wolfman back to write her?)

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

raven is easily my favorite titan but her redesign was a turnoff. im glad her powers are still cool. keep them coming! also, do you have any recommendations on a jumping point? I kinda wanna follow her story

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: Will Phiefers run, began 3 months ago. If you want the early beginnings you just need to find the 2nd issue of Phantom Stranger.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LeonardoTMNT

Electrical charge not able to bypass her defenses.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Has the ability to reach out and communicate with others without physically being there, and can convey information to anyone without even speaking.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Has the ability to heal others.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kazuma_Bushi

Nice

ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why was superboy trying to kill raven.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he was Jon-El, who is/was so upset with the state of meta-humanity he decided it would be best if he killed it off.

ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ubungqingili said:

Because he was Jon-El, who is/was so upset with the state of meta-humanity he decided it would be best if he killed it off.

so basically the new superboy prime.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, time for a bit of an update on her power-set in the New 52:

• Astral-Projection/Soul-self; MPV
  • Arcane Knowledge, like knowing about the Phantom Stranger
  • Heightened sense of spatial-awareness; able to 'see' what most others cant, able to navigate different dimensions and the time-stream
  • Teleportation, with passengers to different places on one plane, to different dimension and through time with some difficulty
  • Immunity to temporal manipulation
  • Magic, creation of illusions, intangibility, empowering of others, blasts of magic, nullification of powers and more
  • Empathy, sensing, manipulation, healing, possibly some level of pre-cog sense based on what she sees the others feel
  • Telepathy, speaking to people miles away, tampering with memories
  • Flight
  • Bravery, having spent what appeared to be years alongside of Trigon, she doesn't appear to scare easily, even when passing through 'nightmare dimensions'.

Hinted at, but not clearly demonstrated as of yet:

• Swordplay, wielded a sword during her time with Trigon, hasn't been seen since arriving on Earth
  • Leadership, expected by Tim to take over the Titans if he was lost one day, raised by Trigon to rule the Underkingdom in his stead
  • Underworld connections, as in literally having demons at the ready to serve her.
tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish we saw her soul self more. Her spell casting worries me.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I'm curious why?

Personally I'd like to see more of the that side.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsalmavet said:

I'm curious why?

While I am also more interested in the flexing of magic than in the soul-self, I'd still want to see her reach out with other magicians.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:
@tsalmavet said:

I'm curious why?

While I am also more interested in the flexing of magic than in the soul-self, I'd still want to see her reach out with other magicians.

Oh I'd love to see her at least interact with JLD if not join officially.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Outside_85

Well the JLD seems to be dead atm, but I wouldn't mind her having a run-in with Zatanna or the new Dr. Fate. While I know the JLD/JL and the like are busy as they are, I does make me wonder that they don't seem to care all that much about superpowered teenagers. Which I find rather odd in this case since Raven's half-demonic status should be setting off all kinds of alarm bells.

But I am not overly hopeful this will happen since DC has this odd approach to teenage heroes where older ones only seem to care if they either get out of line (as seen in the annual) or if they carry an older hero's badge.

I was hoping that book Tynion was developing was going to provide something like it, but now it appears to be mothballed. :(

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath said:

Well the JLD seems to be dead atm, but I wouldn't mind her having a run-in with Zatanna or the new Dr. Fate. While I know the JLD/JL and the like are busy as they are, I does make me wonder that they don't seem to care all that much about superpowered teenagers. Which I find rather odd in this case since Raven's half-demonic status should be setting off all kinds of alarm bells.

But I am not overly hopeful this will happen since DC has this odd approach to teenage heroes where older ones only seem to care if they either get out of line (as seen in the annual) or if they carry an older hero's badge.

I was hoping that book Tynion was developing was going to provide something like it, but now it appears to be mothballed. :(

Zatanna and Raven should definitely have some kind of dynamic, I also believe Constantine and Raven would make a memorable team-up.

Hopefully the tv series will lead to more Titan involvement and exposure.

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: I am a little interested in hey magic but I've always liked her separation between characters like Zatanna. I also thought her soul self was really unique. Although they mention it we have only seen it a few time (like in Phantom Stranger). I would however, love it if she joined the justice league dark because I think her powers would better understood and Constantine and her would make a good team.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Outside_85
@tsalmavet said:

@black_wreath: ... and Constantine and her would make a good team.

Think they would make a terrible 'team' to be honest. If it was the Trigon-influenced Raven of Lobdell, it would end up being which of the two could deceive the other the hardest while both being onto the other while the rest of the team might only pick up on the tension between them.

The current Raven, and pretty much everyone else for that matter, always ends up looking like fools when John manages to wrap them around his schemes that not even the people who know how he rolls can avoid getting sucked into.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: I am a little interested in hey magic but I've always liked her separation between characters like Zatanna. I also thought her soul self was really unique. Although they mention it we have only seen it a few time (like in Phantom Stranger). I would however, love it if she joined the justice league dark because I think her powers would better understood and Constantine and her would make a good team.

Although I believe Teen Titans would lose out if she left, I'd say she's more needed there right now.

@tsalmavet said:

@black_wreath: ... and Constantine and her would make a good team.

Think they would make a terrible 'team' to be honest. If it was the Trigon-influenced Raven of Lobdell, it would end up being which of the two could deceive the other the hardest while both being onto the other while the rest of the team might only pick up on the tension between them.

The current Raven, and pretty much everyone else for that matter, always ends up looking like fools when John manages to wrap them around his schemes that not even the people who know how he rolls can avoid getting sucked into.

Current Raven natch, I think an unexpected one-off team-up would be memorable for the interplay. I'm a sucker for mismatch partnerships.

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tsalmavet

@outside_85 said:@tsalmavet said: @black_wreath: ... and Constantine and her would make a good team.

I think Raven would be less prone to Constantine's trickery. Even though she would not be a perfect match for him, her empathic abilities might allow her to see through him more than most.

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: I agree, I love her in the titans but I think she would be better off in JLD or another team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@outside_85: It seems she is being alike Magik in terms of powerset.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By black_wreath

@tsalmavet said:

@black_wreath: I agree, I love her in the titans but I think she would be better off in JLD or another team.

Based on Outside's earlier comment, I now fear she'd be treated like a kid sidekick and whipped in no time in JLD.

And TT would be out of mystical experts.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@outside_85: It seems she is being alike Magik in terms of powerset.

Now that you mention it... yeah, she does. But I am not overly surprised about that since Lobdell's claim to fame was the X-Men and he brought over a boatload of other X-Men items and gave it a TT skin.

I think Raven would be more prone with Constantine's trickery. Even though she would not be a perfect match for him, her empathic abilities might allow her to see through him more than most.

Think you mean 'weary' rather than 'prone' :) But you might be right that her perception might allow her to see Constantine for what he is more easily than others, the problem will lie in Constantine knowing that and just use it like he does everything else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: They always similiar but now they are being more similiar by both parts which isnt bad thing at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: They are young members on their team like Black Orchild, Amethyst and Timmothy Hunter. But I dont think now JLD is best place for her, the only thing that brings to the table is that she has more dark and demonic magic. Maybe Outsiders,Justice League United or Birds of Prey.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@outside_85: They always similiar but now they are being more similiar by both parts which isnt bad thing at all.

Well, I considered Raven to be more similar to Jean than to Illyana, just exchange Phoenix-Force with Trigon and you pretty much have the same character to match the very similar character arch.

I'd rather she didn't become too similar to Illyana tbh, because Illyana comes off to me as a bit of a douche-bag who's behaviour is just tolerated by the other X-Men as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Raven has struggled to be free of demonic influences, Illyana embraced and owns it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: I agree, i think Raven is more alike to Jean Grey. To be fair Magik also tries control her dark side as well helps others control their own dark sides.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@black_wreath: They are young members on their team like Black Orchild, Amethyst and Timmothy Hunter. But I dont think now JLD is best place for her, the only thing that brings to the table is that she has more dark and demonic magic. Maybe Outsiders,Justice League United or Birds of Prey.

O_O

How the crap did I forget about Hunter?

I think i'd be shocked if the day came that Raven was ever invited onto a Justice League (that wasn't daaark)...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: Cyborg,Starfire,Nightwing,Arsenal, Donna Troy were invited. If she and BB dish sometimes Teen Titans, they probably would be invited as well but she was on Justice League on Tomorrow Titans

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: At first I was happy she was not in the JLD but if the writes actually defined her powers and their extent I think he could be useful to them (especially when it comes to Trigon or other interdimensional demons)

tsalmavet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By tsalmavet

I wish Raven had to work with Phantom stranger again since the never mention her relationship with him after he gave her to Trigon.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@black_wreath: Cyborg,Starfire,Nightwing,Arsenal, Donna Troy were invited. If she and BB dish sometimes Teen Titans, they probably would be invited as well but she was on Justice League on Tomorrow Titans

The Titans of Tomorrow were just called The Titans. I always got the feeling the JL never approved of Raven, they didn't exactly get off on the right foot when Zatanna told her to beat it because she was demonic (thereby confirming she's a total racist).

BB on the other hand, I felt just wasn't taken seriously by them.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i miss the OG Titans Starfire, raven, robin, Beast boy, Cyborg

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@outside_85: I agree, i think Raven is more alike to Jean Grey. To be fair Magik also tries control her dark side as well helps others control their own dark sides.

She doesn't seem to be very good at it, plus it just seems she uses her upbrining as an excuse quite often when doing something that was considered out of line. (Don't know if it's accurate or not, but the recent issue where she took Kitty to Monster Island springs to mind.)

@black_wreath: At first I was happy she was not in the JLD but if the writes actually defined her powers and their extent I think he could be useful to them (especially when it comes to Trigon or other interdimensional demons)

Honestly, I wished Peter Milligan had used Raven instead of Zatanna when he launched JLD. Since his Zatanna was just coming out of somekind of trauma and everyone else had something going on as well. Plus there isn't that much of a difference when it comes to power between Zee and Madam Xanadu, plus we would have gotten the bonus of seeing Raven somewhere other than on the Teen Titans, same way we saw Cyborg on the JL and Martian Manhunter on Stormwatch. (And if we were lucky, we might get her another enemy or two instead of only having her own dad)

I wish Raven had to work with Phantom stranger again since the never mention her relationship with him after he gave her to Trigon.

Still hoping for a resolution there, especially now since the Stranger has had a notable shift in his priorities.

The Titans of Tomorrow were just called The Titans. I always got the feeling the JL never approved of Raven, they didn't exactly get off on the right foot when Zatanna told her to beat it because she was demonic (thereby confirming she's a total racist).

BB on the other hand, I felt just wasn't taken seriously by them.

Actually I am pretty sure Raven's issues with the League were resolved off-panel during the W/P days, Zatanna is seen atleast once asking her how it's going in one of those huge group shots. And in the much later Superman/Batman story, Superman appeared to know the in and out's of Raven's condition when he was trapped by Demon Raven in a dream.

The only one who's still 'against' her is Batman, which I consider to be a bit of a plus because it just means he doesn't have her 100% nailed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14:They arent the original Teen Titans and they probably wont be the original Teen Titans.

@outside_85: I kind dont want to turn this into Magik´s topic. But that issue, we learned that Magik tries to help new mutants and she does that when the others members are busing fightining each other or other heroes. But she often display antisocial behavior thoughts some members exept Kitty Pryde and Collosus.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I am pretty sure Raven's issues with the League were resolved off-panel during the W/P days, Zatanna is seen atleast once asking her how it's going in one of those huge group shots. And in the much later Superman/Batman story, Superman appeared to know the in and out's of Raven's condition when he was trapped by Demon Raven in a dream.

The only one who's still 'against' her is Batman, which I consider to be a bit of a plus because it just means he doesn't have her 100% nailed.

Could you tell me where that Superman story appears? I had not known of that.

Yeah I can see Batman disapproving of her, paranoid control-freak as he is - she is something of a risk.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: Issue 60 and 61 titled: Mash-Up:

http://www.comicvine.com/supermanbatman-60-mash-up-part-1/4000-157903/

http://www.comicvine.com/supermanbatman-61-mash-up-part-2/4000-160695/

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven showing she can attack through energy projection.

No Caption Provided

Next we have her showcasing her empathy abilities in the New-52,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Raven demonstrating she can use energy projection to grab hold of and trap someone,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Next up we have Raven's ability to read minds,

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Another example,

No Caption Provided

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By black_wreath
@tim_drake4444 said:

Raven showing she can attack through energy projection.

No Caption Provided

Very nice, awesome stuff.

I've still not received the issue, can anyone tell me the deal with what she said here? A spell? Something else?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Outside_85

So Raven got to fight Dr. Psycho in the latest issue, it was more onesided than expected actually:

No Caption Provided

PS: this is in their heads.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@outside_85: This is a very nice feat. I've always wanted to see her contend more with other psychics and Psycho is one skilled telepath in his own right so this was a great showing of her mental strength.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy2010: It is... sad thing ofc is that Dr. Psycho isn't exactly towing the line when it comes to feats in the New 52. Had it been his old self from before, then this would have been brilliant, but now? Not so much I'm afraid.

Avatar image for harmanswoodscpj
harmanswoodscpj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Raven gone head to head against any heroes in new 52 and scored a decisive victory? I'm researching her and have yet to find any definitive victories against other prominent DC heroes.

Avatar image for silver_sorceress_
Silver_Sorceress_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's still my favourite DC character and I'm glad she got to show more of her powers, but I'm not a fan of her new costume. It's really creepy, with the nails, and the tendril-hood (which is weird considering how much of it covers her face and eyes). And the colour scheme doesn't suit her at all - the light-blue/gray makes her look more like someone with cryokinesis instead of someone with her demonic/dark magic. The old ones that were dark purple and red suited her so much better. I really do hope they define her power more, considering how powerful she actually is in terms of reality manipulation and magic. But they'll probably still go with something along the lines of her never reaching full potential because of her father again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63abc1f72d85e
deactivated-63abc1f72d85e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is this teen raven? i see she has long hair and i like it, personally i prefer long haired raven over the short haired ones