THE BIG QUIZ

miki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By miki

I DON'T KNOW OTHER DECENT QUESTIONS. SOME HELP?

miki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By miki

I HAVE FINISHED 17!

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By umbrafeline

what are you trying to do? finish the 'weakest link' part of the quest?
hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By hdorman1

67!

MaRCeeL0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MaRCeeL0

69!!!

Latuki Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Latuki Joe

Get going you other 1,929!

MaRCeeL0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MaRCeeL0
@Latuki Joe: LOL!!
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By SevanGrim
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/elephant-moon-quiz-question.shtml

NEW YORK – Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire."

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing "the absolute worst use of lifelines ever."

After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was:

"Which of the following is the largest?"
A) A Peanut
B) An Elephant
C) The Moon
D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.

"Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie," said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust. "I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be."

Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.

"Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!" exclaimed Evans. "Darn. I think I better phone a friend."

Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.

"Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!" said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. "Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun."

Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.

"Come on Betsy, are you sure?" said Evans. "How sure are you? Puh, that can't be it."

To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'

"I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience," said Evans.

Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.

"Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking," said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. "But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer." Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Joey Ravn

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but I'm pretty sure we won't get this community quest... again. The previous one was bugged and any video could unlock it, and yet barely no one managed to do it... I don't think 2000 users will make 26 questions for the Trivia and answer I-don't-know-how-many others. But, hey...

Anyway, I got #55. I completed it before it was featured in the homepage :P

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By umbrafeline

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Magian

#14.
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By DH69

#99!!!! whooo!!!

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Namor1987

I just barely made the top 100! I got the lucky #100 spot

TechParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TechParadox

Just slipped in at #102.  There's no way in Hades they're going to get 2000 people to chunk out 20 questions and answer another ten in a row correct.  Kiss these bonus points goodbye.

Avatar image for captain_bintang
Captain Bintang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Captain Bintang
@Grim: 
lol,   nice one.
Latuki Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Latuki Joe

ONLY LIKE A FEW MORE DAYS!

GET TO WORK PEOPLE!

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bingbangboom

How do you make a trivia question?

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By sexy_merc

There's no way we're going to finish this...

hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hdorman1

did anyone get extra points for the previous ones? 
cos they are taking them down early and not giving us points 
its kinda retarded

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By sexy_merc
@hdorman1: I don't think enough people finished the previous one.
Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Neverpraying

I think they should have a who ever completes this quest set by this date gets the points kinda challenge.....

bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bingbangboom

Yeah, there is no way there will be a community bonus for this one. I don't think they got any of them, even easy ones which is ashame. Maybe if they made a video to promote the new quest? This one did take longer to do but made me use the site to get 10 in a row right.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By NightFang3

145 to finish! 

Latuki Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Latuki Joe

3 more days.  I wonder if we'll make it...

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By lostlantern13
@bingbangboom said:
"Yeah, there is no way there will be a community bonus for this one. I don't think they got any of them, even easy ones which is ashame. Maybe if they made a video to promote the new quest? This one did take longer to do but made me use the site to get 10 in a row right. "

The only community quest gotten was the first one for 500. However, many people used their alt accounts to get the quest completed. The hardcore superactive questers seems to be in the 300-400 range.
Latuki Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Latuki Joe

Actually, I think we misread and they meant August 3rd, 2011.  ...Think we'll make it?

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By leokearon

Just finished, it's hard to think of questions no-one else of thaught of
TechParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TechParadox

It's not so hard if you pick a comic book series that no one else has shown any interest in.  I knocked out my questions on a series that is one of my favorites but has gotten no love here other than someone posting the covers to all the issues.  I'm going to have to get my butt in gear and get some storylines filled in for those issues and get the characters created.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shadowdoggy

#164 to finish 
WOO HOO!!!   
tekworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By tekworm

2,0000 users by August 3rd?!?  This must be a joke!  We'd be lucky to reach 200, as this isn't just a gimme achievement.  Creating 20 quiz questions is pretty time consuming...and getting as many questions in a row correct is also time consuming, and as I found out, can be completely unfair.  I was given a completely nonsensical question!

edit:  Yay, I just finished it...number 167!  There would literally have to be people finishing this every few minutes for this to be complete....ridiculous!

TechParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TechParadox
@tekworm said:
"and getting as many questions in a row correct is also time consuming, and as I found out, can be completely unfair.  I was given a completely nonsensical question!"
I'm right there with you on that one.  I'd get seven or eight in a row and then get thrown something like "Which one of these doesn't belong?", with five answers and absolutely no context.  When I finally got the ten in a row I had a look back over the questions I had been answering and absolutely NONE of them were linked to any book, character, or story arc.  That ticked me off in a big way!
Latuki Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Latuki Joe
@TechParadox: It's a problem in my opinion.  There are a lot of poorly worded questions.  When you're dealing with something as vast off all of comics creation, it is really easy to make a question that contradicts itself.  I've run across a lot that ask things like "Who hasn't..." but there are always exceptions.  For example:
"What color is kryptonite that Superman is weak against?" 
I know what answer they want, but the question is flawed.
tekworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tekworm

I do like the system, I believe it just needs a little more policing...even if it dumped the downvoted questions into some sort of reviewable section for the public to vote on...maybe even reward those who vote on the questions points...similar to the points rewarded when editing the wiki entries, or even better, maybe those very same points could be rewarded.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By IrishX
@TechParadox:
@Latuki Joe:
@tekworm:  

You can always skip a question you feel is stupid by clicking on the take quiz link on the left hand side. It will just bring up another question and not count the previous one as wrong. Should make it easier to get the ten in a row. 
Switchdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Switchdoctor

Yeah.  I forgot that you could skip a question if you thought it was stupid, and I got stuck on:
"Who is Kwai Chang Caine?"  

That was seriously a question that someone made up.  Two of the answers were "Kung-Fu", and "Bruce Lee"

Aside from the fact that Caine has nothing to do with comics, I made the mistake of trying to answer the question.  I thought to myself, "Uh.  Kwai Chang Caine is a character in Kung-Fu, yeah, but Kwai Chang Caine IS Kung-Fu?  That makes absolutely no sense!"  So I ended up picking Bruce Lee, because he was the only answer that was a person, and I thought maybe the author was one of those bitter Bruce Lee fans that thought he should have gotten the part.  My mistake for trying to be a mind-reader, because the right answer was supposed to be "Kung-Fu".  Terrible.  

Anyways, I agree, I don't think 2000 people are going to do this in time.  Mostly, because you have to dig around the site to find the trivia area.  Not enough people have patience for that.  I mean, you would expect to find a button next to the trivia menu item that you see every time you log in when you click on your profile, but it's not there.  I mean, it's hidden under "PLAY" on the top menu bar?  No good.  Not very intuitive at the moment.

Fireheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Fireheart10

#179.

TechParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TechParadox
@IrishX: 
Or you could just keep an extra browser tab open and use it to search Comicvine or wikipedia as needed.  The thing I'm railing against here are questions with no context to them.  The "one of these things is not like the other" questions, especially.  If you have no freakin' clue what any of the items on the list are then you've got no chance in Hades of even making an educated guess without leaving the question sit there, flipping to a new tab, and doing a search on each one of the answers until you find the odd man out.  Examples of questions of this type that I hit in my playing:  four random planets from the Doctor Who universe and one from Star Wars.  Two random third-string super-heroes with super-speed powers, the same two heroes' secret identities, and a fifth character with no relation to them whatsoever.  The only person who is going to be able to answer those off the top of their head without "cheating" is the one who wrote them or someone with the memory of an elephant and way too much time on their hands.
Latuki Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Latuki Joe
@IrishX: Actually, after you've skipped a handful of questions, you're limited to just those questions.  There's a ton of stupid  or unclear ones, so they're not exactly avoidable.