PG is now officially 5 11 and 180 pounds! Do you like this change??

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GWHH

According to the DC Comics Encyclopedia All new edition!!

PG is now officially 5 11 and 180 pounds!! She was 5 7 and 160 pounds-offcially!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dc-c...ing/1124569145

I am NOT happy about this change at all! She does not need to be so tall!! Not all the woman in the comics universe need to 5 11 in height!

What do you all think of this change? Pro, negative, or neutral??!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By achilles100

@gwhh: Meh, it just reflects storylines over the past decade or so, especially in her own series, which had her at least as tall as Dick Grayson. As for the weight, I'm not sure what they're going for there, she's not fat, and her breast aren't as heavily...pardon that...emphasized in recent times, nor would they account for that extra weight, one-off joke in the Connor series notwithstanding...

If anything, it was the old one that had it wrong, since she's been shown to be pretty tall for much of her time in the comics, notably the JLE/JLI era, but also JSA and her own title, which has Terra commenting on it. And she's about on a par with Wonder Woman in terms of height, the times they've appeared together.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind it but I've always figured she was at least 6'2.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muscle weighs more than fat.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@heroup2112: Well, this is Power Girl we're talking about. Her, uh... "fat lumps" comprise about 20% of her body.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123:

Ah, I thought the newer representations of Power Girl had more modest...fat lumps. lol

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123:

Ah, I thought the newer representations of Power Girl had more modest...fat lumps. lol

Heh, yeah, pretty much...

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GWHH

I always thought her weight. Was because she had a more dense molecular structure than the average human. Than again it does not explain was Supergirl "official size" is 5 5 and 135 pounds!

She has been and should be portrayed as a very muscular woman with a very voluptuous figure. Not tall and gangly that for the amazon crowd!

Yes, muscle does weigh more than fat. That why we know she got a lot of muscle!

@heroup2112 said: Muscle weighs more than fat.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind it but I've always figured she was at least 6'2.

Bumpaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer her as 6"2' 250lbs. You gotta figure Clark is 6"5' and probably 300lbs just because he is Kryotonian, same with her. She's a goddess among mortals.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn... Now I'm self conscious about being short

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Only one size I care about regarding Power Girl...

The size of her loving heart as she carries out good deeds :D

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

@bumpaddle said:

I prefer her as 6"2' 250lbs. You gotta figure Clark is 6"5' and probably 300lbs just because he is Kryotonian, same with her. She's a goddess among mortals.

he's actually 6'3 225lbs

and there's no issue with her being so tall, Supergirl is 5'5, Barbara Gordon is 5'6. Not every Comic woman is super tall. It would make sense for her to be the same height as SuperGirl of Earth 1 since she's an alt. universe version of her, but they obviously never had any intentions of them having the same proportions as you can tell from her....upperbody.

Bumpaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: I get what you are saying, but she is already very physically different than SG so being a foot taller and 4 cup sizes bigger isn't a stretch to me.

On Sups dimensions I based it on Kryptonian mass being more than Earth mass and them being generally bigger than us, but I'm not a Kryptonian scientist haha. Oh well. I still prefer my Peeg to stand out in the crowd.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd actually prefer if she was 1 inch taller to get to six feet (I'm terrible at gauging weight so I can't speak for that). My preferred PeeGee is the one Dale Eaglesham drew in JSA or Alex Ross's KC version; big and muscular. She is best when is she bigger than the average (even tall) human woman. She should only be a few inches shorter than Supes and more muscular than Wondy.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: I get what you are saying, but she is already very physically different than SG so being a foot taller and 4 cup sizes bigger isn't a stretch to me.

On Sups dimensions I based it on Kryptonian mass being more than Earth mass and them being generally bigger than us, but I'm not a Kryptonian scientist haha. Oh well. I still prefer my Peeg to stand out in the crowd.

no, I never disagreed with you; my second paragraph was directed to the OP cuz she/he said they didn't like the idea of PG being so tall. And your assumptions about Superman being taller because of Krypton's mass and stuff makes sense, but it wouldn't be conventional for Superman to be like 7 foot tall (because Krypton is much much larger than earth so he wouldn't even be 6'5 lol) hahaha

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Don't care, artist usually represent a constant height or weight.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its fine with me.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She wasn't originally muscular. That started with Sears IIRC in the JL books. Which also started her as being tall, along the lines of Wonder Woman. But it was Ross who made her into a bodybuilder, (I guess he likes that type). Someone else, I forget who, made her into an ugly nearly male body builder in an issue of BOP wherein her feud with Oracle was detailed. That was seriously the ugliest portrayal of the character ever. The out of continuity Sovereign Seven had her as slender and tall, more like a model. The nu52 had her as slender, though I can't recall how tall she was, since she was mainly shown against Huntress or characters like Darkseid, a giant.

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with it, her depiction by Connor is my favorite and she was taller than average woman in that. I don't get too caught up on exact height and weight as always variation from artist to artist.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

I'm fine with it, her depiction by Connor is my favorite and she was taller than average woman in that. I don't get too caught up on exact height and weight as always variation from artist to artist.

Sears also depicted her as tall, long before Connors, so it's not too unusual.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PG is now officially 5 11 and 180 pounds!!

No Caption Provided

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mraugen said:

Sears also depicted her as tall, long before Connors, so it's not too unusual.

True. Can see precedence of differing builds used by artists for her. I tend to favor taller and stronger builds.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers