should misty come back?.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i haven't watched the anime durind the last years,but i think it used to be better with brock and misty,what do you think?.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Misty was nothing but an acerbic jerk, I for one am glad she's not around.

Brock rocks, though.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't really want her back permanently

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I don't really watch the anime but from time to time when I'm bored.

That being said, while Misty is one of the better sidekicks - I really don't mind any of the female ones. Misty, May, Dawn, Iris...its all whatever.

The male companion on the other hand...they're all stupid except Brock. Especially the latest guy. Cilan I think? DIAFF

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zijuun

I wouldn't mind seeing her back on Pokemon (even though I don't watch the show these days). She was a classic sidekick of the show after all. Though I don't mind the current sidekicks either just like the guy above me.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Brock rocks, though.

i think she was good,strong trainer,strong personality,she cared for ash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@squares said:

Brock rocks, though.

i think she was good,strong trainer,strong personality,she cared for ash.

She was abrasive and rude like 60% of the time.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By HumanRocket

I stopped watching once Dawn left the group so I don't know who's taken the spot after her but bringing back misty wouldn't be a bad thing but wouldn't be a big thing. The show has been going on for so long and it's the same old same old so not sure if bringing someone from the past will really be a big deal.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Who cares? We need Brok! D:

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

yes. i miss her alot.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Brock rocks, though.

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Looking back in the series it is funny that her name in Japan is Kasumi because, she sure ninja loots Ash a few times. I think Misty knew about the imprinting so took Togepi, the King’s crown her poliwhirl took. It can be argued that is to counter the time ash stole and destroyed bike and in the Pokemon universe bikes are ridiculously expensive.

There were plenty opportunities she could come back or a cameo of her neglectful sisters. They are much need of character development. This can also be use dang artist sure wants to do it. The shallow sex frustrated sons of… I will move on but people make sure double check their age. Remember this is Japan so their age of consent is different. They have plenty of chances whenever water Pokémon are involve or dealing with water so there is no excuse.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kidchipotle

I prefer the original team to the newer ones. They had a better dynamic.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Misty was one of the only female supporting characters, that weren't reduced to idiotic contest.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hazlenaut

@shanana:

Those contests that you belittled have made Ash stronger which he learned dodge spin and counter shield. The problem is that the beauty contest feel like a diversion for the female trainers avoid gym battles. There have been beauty coordinators are angry at trainers who are doing both. I think they consider trainers just brutes. Funny thing Ash first Kento League tournament was likely also coordinator.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@hazlenaut: The contest are completely idiotic, Dawn and May were the names of the In-game characters, they were Pokemon trainers first, coordinators second. In the Anime, It's like saying oh they're good, but they're not good enough to be Ash.

I wrote an article on AV, about the expendable female companions of Ash. Misty was the only one, toughing it out against top tier trainers. I think it's because of her popularity, that they choose not to bring her back.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

It would be interesting to see what trainers think of coordinators. I have yet to see that. You are right with May as she was not into being a trainer in the first place, and she was daughter of a gym leader. Wow I think I found a reason Misty would not like her and story idea.

Dawn on the other hand wanted to follow in her mother footsteps. I haven’t seen her mother battle thou. Dawn was willing to gym battle to help gym leader. There is hope for Dawn and I feel gym battles would be beneficial for her. She still remembers counter shield which is Ash’s most powerful move.

The female characters would be expendable with or without having the occupation of coordinator. Iris was a gym leader follow by the champion over the elite four which is something should explain what that position does other then overwhelming publicity. How much is a miss is that? The series need to be advertise with the games but apparently Brock position and the Pokemon is not enough.

Cybersai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Misty was removed because she became a stale, boring and useless character over the course of the Johto arc. She was used as nothing more than a throwaway placeholder character up until she left. Since she had no storyline or major development in the series, she was easily axed early into the series.

She's been gone for 10 years now so the writers would never revive her at this point. The majority of the fandom didn't particularly care when she left at the end of Johto, as May quickly became just as popular over the course of Hoenn, and then the same happened with Dawn after. That's also why Misty isn't given any guest appearances in the show anymore.

Misty is a very unimportant as well as short-lived, character in the series. There's absolutely nothing relevant about her other than, "nostalgia" and that's not a good excuse. On and to whoever said Misty was a battler, do you actually watch the show? Misty rarely battled in the anime at all, and whenever she did it was just to watch her fail with her Psyduck or have a mediocre battle. She's a Gym leader now, but since she's off-screen we don't see any of her battles.

In fact Misty might very well be the worst battler among all the main girls in the series, at least when you compare any of her battles to May/Dawn/Iris' best battles. Doesn't help matters that Misty's team consisted of pathetically weak and lackluster pokemon, with the only saving grace being a Gyarados that she got from the Gym

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I don't care if she comebcaks, just remove Ash and make Brock the main character.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@precita:

Are you saying that you cannot find a use with her in the series? Me along with others did gave examples of the contrary. Yes the nostalgia blinds us of making her overrated, but to say that she is completely useless is a lie. Failures, flaws and shortcomings are easy openers for character development. I know you are trying to defend the other female protagonists but take the high road shoe good examples then bashing a character with lies.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anime is already dead to me so.....

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points