User Lists: 12

#2 inferiorego  Staff
d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Ok, I'm calling it. Casper Crump (Vandal Savage) is doing a full on Christoph Waltz impression! It's not a bad thing but he's gotta be channeling Inglorious Bastards.

One thing that's actually bugging me about Legends is that Captain Cold's freeze gun doesn't freeze anyone anymore (at least not on camera).

Speaking of blasters, how exactly does Rip Hunter take a shot right in the chest from "Boba Fett" and get's up a minute later. At least set your phaser to stun!

Looking forward to AoS behind the scenes articles and thanks for answer my question. Wasn't sure if that would work at all.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Clark Gregg said in a Digital Spy interview that the Inhumans stuff in Agents of SHIELD will be separate from the movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Agents of SHIELD was announced I thought it was going to be like Homeland but with superpowers instead of bombs and it turned out not to be that at all.

When Gotham was announced I thought it was going to be The Wire but set in Gotham city (aka GCPD) and it turned out not to be that at all.

These are the types of shows I want but nobody seems to be interested in making them.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

AoS did terrible in its return. That break is way too long.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Agents of SHIELD was announced I thought it was going to be like Homeland but with superpowers instead of bombs and it turned out not to be that at all.

When Gotham was announced I thought it was going to be The Wire but set in Gotham city (aka GCPD) and it turned out not to be that at all.

These are the types of shows I want but nobody seems to be interested in making them.

You may be better served by going into a new TV show with fewer (or perhaps less specific) expectations if you find that you're often disappointed. The only realistic expectation you can go in with is that you will be entertained.

AoS did terrible in its return. That break is way too long.

I liked the return episode. Thought the Yo-Yo story was interesting and lots of set up for Ward and Colson. It's making me excited for the rest of the season which should be it's main goal. But that's just me I guess.

I'm not sure if I'd prefer to have one long season followed by a long break or two shorter season and two shorter breaks. But it doesn't affect my feelings towards the episode.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: it's not that I want them to be like that specifically, but rather generally. Like that type of tone and feel.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@d9000: I meant more in total viewers than quality. Good episode.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: I meant more in total viewers than quality. Good episode.

Gotcha. Is there somewhere online that you can find reliable tv viewership numbers? I often wonder what my favorite shows get for ratings.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@d9000: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/agents-of-shield-returns-to-series-low-rating

A lot of sites cover it, like TVLine, or report on it. I just knew based upon several factors. Looking at initial viewers, DVR viewers, and downloads is huge. Supergirl will have realistically 2x-3x more internet downloads if you just look at download sites... and that directly translates to interest.

The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow probably all do 50%-150% more traffic in relevant categories. The long break really hurt AoS.

With this much interest in and success using secondary and tertiary characters, DC needs to commit to a live-action Batman and they could be hitting primetime numbers with it.

This premier is AoS's least viewed episode ever IIRC. But of course no mention of this during the podcast, Tony has to say it is amazing because they give him early episodes and set visits for good reviews ;)

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

@gmanfromheck@inferiorego Have you considered doing reacting videos similar to how they were on Anime Vice. It was just their voices (with mini drawn versions of themselves). That way you both could "appear" on them.

blacharrt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what? Age of ultron was centered around the MCU, you got that way wrong. They literally used the Agents of Shield information for Inhuman to get intel on Wanda and Piertro. The show and Movies have been connected the entire time. the Whole last season before Ultron was about Shield creating the Herricarrier they used in the Movie to rescue the people at the end of the Movie. At the End of Winter soldier which was also connected to Agent of Shield, Nick Fury sets Maria Hill in Stark Tower just to relay information to her...

So really wrong on the connection to Agents of Shield and the cinematic universe.