Damn, how did I not notice this??

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mutant God

Is it weird that Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger remind me a bit of Hate Monger and American Panther from the Black Panther: Man Without Fear comic.

Also I did not care for The Rock thing all it did was bring Rusev down.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Is it weird that Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger remind me a bit of Hate Monger and American Panther from the Black Panther: Man Without Fear comic.

Also I did not care for The Rock thing all it did was bring Rusev down.

LOL

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Mezmero

Finally The Mock HAS COME BACK to Comic Vine. The Mock has a question for that jabroni @undeadpool: Do you like pancakes? It doesn't matter if you like pancakes! You're saying that you have problems with your monitor well let me tell you what I'm gonna do. The Mock is gonna take that monitor, shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it straight up your candy ass!

Sorry for posting that Bro Men promo Mat. That segment was so horrible when I first saw it that it made me watch Impact. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately?) no promos have been as awful or goofy as that one but they're still pretty bad. Mostly it's a bunch of matter-of-fact, super bland macho stuff of: "You have the title, but I will win that title tonight. And neither you or anyone else will stop me." I don't want to blame the wrestlers because most of them are pretty talented in the ring but their promos are sooo boring. Maybe they're given nothing to work with other than the actual booking but I never care about who wins any of these matches.

As much mess as I talk about TNA, Raw this week was horrible. Outside of Dean Ambrose, Damien Mizdow, and sort of The Rock, this was one of the worst shows in a while. It's almost like they were punishing New York for being such a rowdy audience. I thought the Edge and Christian show afterwards was kind of funny and it made me realize that I missed a lot of really dumb Ruthless Aggression era stuff. I wonder if those two guys would be any good at color commentary.

Thanks for the podcast this week Mat.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#5  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

ROCK saved RAW from being another abomination. Wrestling needs more surprises like this. The Brooklyn crowd also made RAW tolerable. They were miles better than The Chicago crowd from last week. Mizdow is easily my favorite right now.

And Dean Ambrose continues to be awesome with what he is given. Too bad he will most likely be buried by Cena pretty soon. R.I.P. Ambrose's push 2015-2015.

TNA ended their Tag title tournament with another awesome match POSSIBLY Match of the year, this time TLC. You guys honestly missed one of the best match of the year if you didn't watch the full match. Your loss.

Loading Video...

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Mat, your USA television show synopsis was fantastic. Especially The Cleaner pitch. Make it happen!

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God Mat just reminded me how bad USA shows are. Only USA network show I actually really liked was MONK. that was my show!

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@madeinbangladesh: I have not enjoyed the Hardys/3D/Wolves matches very much. I think the big moments in these matches (ex: one of the Wolves getting powerbombed onto guardrail) made me feel bad for the people wrestling as opposed to being excited by the moment. The three teams are all strong in different ways, but they did not gel well together.

That being said, I have been enjoying the evolution of Rockstar Spud as he slowly breaks away from ECIII. The promos between these two have been pitch perfect. ECIII has a justified gripe he is taking too far and Spud is an everyman discovering that his "friend" isn't who he thinks he is.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

I like a lot of the characters in TNA. The Bro-mans, The Great Sanada, Austin Ares, and Bobby Lashley have been fun to watch. The Knockouts division has been solid with Havok and Gail Kim leading the way. My biggest issues, as have been noted before, are how poor the story-telling and storylines are.

WWE tends to have more characters I enjoy and their story-telling is more in line with my tastes. NXT is still the best of the bunch though.

Speaking of WWE, their website just posted a couple of pictures of wrestlers as heroes and villains. Medusa Mix-a-Fox and Dark Dango were my personal favorites.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By d9000

Wow, you guys are fast!

Props to Matt for doing the podcast solo. Seems like it'd be tough to monologue for an hour. That'd be great the Match of the Year contest ends up happening. I was thinking it might be hard for some people to find video of their favourite match but hopefully it works out somehow. I'm already thinking of mine and it will almost definitely come from the G1.

Hopefully NYCC is awesome!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROCK saved RAW from being another abomination. Wrestling needs more surprises like this. The Brooklyn crowd also made RAW tolerable. They were miles better than The Chicago crowd from last week. Mizdow is easily my favorite right now.

And Dean Ambrose continues to be awesome with what he is given. Too bad he will most likely be buried by Cena pretty soon. R.I.P. Ambrose's push 2015-2015.

TNA ended their Tag title tournament with another awesome match POSSIBLY Match of the year, this time TLC. You guys honestly missed one of the best match of the year if you didn't watch the full match. Your loss.

Not sure this is better than that last 3 way ladder match. But the Hardys and Dudleys sure as hell know how to use table and ladders (edge and christian where always the chair guys). I like their ring sense with all these pieces of equipment in it, but it seems like these Wolves guys need to work a bit on their timing. Like climbing up the ladder to quickly. Maybe at the end of the year you can give us your actual "Match of the Year".

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Annoying at best" definitely describes the Bellas.

New display's up and running, folks, I'll be BACK next week!

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Annoying at best" definitely describes the Bellas.

New display's up and running, folks, I'll be BACK next week!

I was starting to wonder if the monitor malfunction was Kayfabe. But I'm glad the tag-team's back together.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15 inferiorego  Staff

@mezmero: Doing a top 5, off the top of your head, in no time flat, is really hard, especially when you can't have dead air.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@inferiorego: I figured as much which is why I deleted the comment. It's actually a good idea to push Kofi Kingston as much as you can since WWE aren't going to. If we need any more evidence for why The Nation of Education needs to be a thing, well then here ya go.

Loading Video...

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@inferiorego: What site do you pull the results from do they update live?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#18 inferiorego  Staff
timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@inferiorego: Cheers been in charge of the post show write up on /r/Sqaurdcircle the last few weeks. Now you know why its gone to shit my bad :)