00:00:00
Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Is this a wrestling podcast? how does that relate to comics?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2 inferiorego  Staff

you're listening to the podcast wrong

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if that's a pun or if I actually am listening to this wrong.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if that's a pun or if I actually am listening to this wrong.

Yes, it is a wrestling podcast and it has nothing to do with comics. Corey and I do it for fun

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#5  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Summerslam was meh. Nothing amazing. All the matches under performed and could have been so much better. only reason people thought SS was great was because all the right guys won all the matches. Hell, Rollins/Ambrose match at RAW blew their Summerslam match and anything on the damn PPV!!!

BTW who is gonna review this issue? @inferiorego or @undeadpool?

No Caption Provided

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 inferiorego  Staff

Summerslam was meh. Nothing amazing. All the matches under performed and could have been so much better. only reason people thought SS was great was because all the right guys won all the matches. Hell, Rollins/Ambrose match at RAW blew their Summerslam match and anything on the damn PPV!!!

BTW who is gonna review this issue? @inferiorego or @undeadpool?

No Caption Provided

5/5 would read again

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:

@inferiorego said:

Yes, it is a wrestling podcast and it has nothing to do with comics. Corey and I do it for fun

Ok, I'm still a little bit confused, but if you're having fun then that's good :)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@inferiorego said:

Ok, I'm still a little bit confused, but if you're having fun then that's good :)

Why be confused?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:

@inferiorego said:

Why be confused?

It seems so out of place (not that I'm trying to question your decision)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

@inferiorego said:

@inferiorego said:

Why be confused?

It seems so out of place (not that I'm trying to question your decision)

does it? does it? does it?

Don't read those. They're awful.

Joking aside, comics and wrestling are incredibly similar. Heroes vs villains all with their own supernatural powers (a wrestlers finisher is equivalent to an optic blast to the face) in over-the-top and dramatic storylines. The only difference is the choice of medium.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: I don't know anything about wrestling so I'll take your word for it.

I was just curious because when I first came to this site I was confused when I saw news and info on things like Ghost Busters, Star Trek, and Doctor Who, only to find out later that they all relate to comics (yet nothing on manga). I just thought it was weird because wrestling is a sport and I didn't think you could tie that into a comic (but then again if Justin Bieber can get a comic anything is possible). In any case I've taken up too much space as it is with my comments, so I'll let you enjoy the new podcast.

Thank you for your time.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: I don't know anything about wrestling so I'll take your word for it.

I was just curious because when I first came to this site I was confused when I saw news and info on things like Ghost Busters, Star Trek, and Doctor Who, only to find out later that they all relate to comics (yet nothing on manga). I just thought it was weird because wrestling is a sport and I didn't think you could tie that into a comic (but then again if Justin Bieber can get a comic anything is possible). In any case I've taken up too much space as it is with my comments, so I'll let you enjoy the new podcast.

Thank you for your time.

This is just for you

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Gee.... I.... um... don't know what to say.... thank you sir

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@inferiorego:

The Ultimate Warrior series was awful. Lol. I actually liked the Undertaker series that was out around the same time though. It was one of those comics that was really bad, but somehow very entertaining in spite of being all kinds of corny. Kind of like watching "Road House" or "Big Trouble in Little China".

Can't wait to hear this episode though, I really liked the first one, and since I didn't get to watch Summer Slam, I'm looking forward to the recaps.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inferiorego  Staff

@tparks said:

@inferiorego:

The Ultimate Warrior series was awful. Lol. I actually liked the Undertaker series that was out around the same time though. It was one of those comics that was really bad, but somehow very entertaining in spite of being all kinds of corny. Kind of like watching "Road House" or "Big Trouble in Little China".

Can't wait to hear this episode though, I really liked the first one, and since I didn't get to watch Summer Slam, I'm looking forward to the recaps.

Warning: we spoil everything

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tparks
Beavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

The 4 germans were there because it was the first time a ppv was broadcasted live from the arena in german pay tv. =)

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SlickyMike88

Brock lesner needs someone like kurt angle to battle with , Cena doesen't work for me :P . But I did enjoy that summerslam battle :)

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

"I'm going to come out and say it, they're making a new John Cena."

Really Undeadpool (Corey)... really? You barely noticed? XP

II. I can never see Swagger being big in the WWE. First off, he reminds me of a Angle Clone. All I see from him is being a parody of Kurt Angle. Second, his name is lame. People don't think names are important but I think they are. I've seen many documentaries speaking about the importance of a name.

Third, he will be viewed as a racist whiteboy for a long time.

III.Why did you have to reenact the terrible promo? I have totally been against this Steph and Brie feud. I feel like they are just using this feud to remind the audience that Daniel Bryan still exists since today's generation has a short attention span.

IV. I think Lashley and Lesnar are equally talented and they can have better mic skills if they had more time. The problem with big wrestling companies is that they will not let the wrestlers who suck at promos do promos. How are they suppose to learn? The greenroom does not help wrestlers do promos with a live crowd. Plus, people are over dramatic about how "bad" someone is at promos. Either way, I would love to watch Lesnar Vs Lashley.

V. Ryback is underused. There are a lot of wrestlers that are underused. They are too focused on the profit that they care less about the actual product.

VI. I will continue listening to this podcast later. (+)

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 inferiorego  Staff

III.Why did you have to reenact the terrible promo? I have totally been against this Steph and Brie feud. I feel like they are just using this feud to remind the audience that Daniel Bryan still exists since today's generation has a short attention span.

I will continue, each week, to reenact terrible promos. It's all I have to live for.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: @undeadpool My birthday is in couple of days and I wish Mat and Corey to give TNA a try. haha. Really I think you guys will like it. It's less ridiculous and more awesome wrestling.

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been a Mizfit since the buildup for WrestleMania 27.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#23  Edited By SynCig

I think you guys pretty much nailed it on your Summerslam review. This podcast inspired me to get back into wrestling and this was the first pay-per-view I've seen in years. I came in with low expectations and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Ziggler vs Miz and Rollins vs Ambrose were both very entertaining. I have been a Ziggler supporter for a long time. I think the WWE has completely mishandled him for a long time now. He is an incredible in-ring talent and decent on the mic. He deserves better. I hope his IC title win will go along way in rectifying that as well as legitimizing the IC title once again. I enjoyed both of the divas matches. As you guys said though, Swagger vs Rusev and Orton vs Reigns were both really boring matches. I like all three guys from The Shield but I think Reigns is the least talented one so OF COURSE he is going to get the push to main event status immediately... I wish the WWE appreciated actual in-ring talent more than just a guy's look.

EDIT: I also just want to add that I wasn't actually upset about you bashing the Ruthless Aggression Era. I was a little bit confused by it though. : P

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

PS - Kudos for re-enacting the Bella/McMahon promo. Hilarious.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Mezmero

You guys are too positive about the WWE product so now I'm going to fight you. But seriously I'm digging the podcast so far. It's a long time before the next Powerbombcast so it's great to have you guys provide a nice stop gap within the CBSi family of sites. The actual sound quality could be better but you guys make me laugh which is the most important thing in the podcasts I listen to. Corey's a super cogent dude whose guffaws are legendary and Mat is at his funniest when he's being critical of terrible gimmicks and story angles. Great editorializing all around.

I'm a bit taken aback that Corey was so ready to throw the Smackdown before Summerslam under the bus.

The opening match of Cesaro vs Ambrose alone is worth watching. Cesaro's ability to make non finishing moves look devastating is incredible. Those two have put on some the best singles matches in the WWE but they've all been these throwaway angles where they fight...because the Authority said to. The show also had a fun thing with Miz face pushing Roman Reigns. That was a good match as well but mainly because of how good Miz is at selling moves. Other than that, yeah the rest was not so good.

I was a lot colder on Summerslam than you guys but overall I thought it was decent.

Ziggler/Miz was good and Ambrose/Rollins was fantastic. The rest I think were sort of whatever. I was not a fan of most of the stories going into the show this year and almost all of them had poor payoffs in my opinion. I think I can totally see eye to eye on a lot of the stuff you guys say. Not everything but you know, we're different people and that's fine.

Don't get me wrong, I love Chris Jericho. I could listen to him talk all day but since he's been back it's been painful to watch him wrestle. What exactly is doing off the top rope? A single arm axe-handle? Who would think that's a good idea? And as you both know he's just doing a Boston Crab. You can call it rust if you want but there's just nothing very exciting about watching Jericho in the ring anymore. If you take issue with my opinion then step into the light and then you'll know, you were stopped and dropped by the Walls of Mezmero.

Thanks again for the episode.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inferiorego  Staff

@mezmero said:

You guys are too positive about the WWE product so now I'm going to fight you. But seriously I'm digging the podcast so far. It's a long time before the next Powerbombcast so it's great to have you guys provide a nice stop gap within the CBSi family of sites. The actual sound quality could be better but you guys make me laugh which is the most important thing in the podcasts I listen to.

Thanks for listening. Yeah, sound is rough and this is my first time recording and running a show, so I'm still figuring things out. You can actually hear a HUGE difference in the 5 second opening, recorded on my comp, through my mic and the show, which is recorded on a third computer through Skype. I'm sure I'll figure out how to get it sounding better in the future.

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: I'll NEVER downplay Cesaro's ability to make matches look great, he's phenomenal. But considering it's a 2 hour show with MAYBE 20 minutes of relevant material kinda says all that it needs to.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mezmero: I'll NEVER downplay Cesaro's ability to make matches look great, he's phenomenal. But considering it's a 2 hour show with MAYBE 20 minutes of relevant material kinda says all that it needs to.

Have you seen his matches or some of the wrestling moves he used to do in the indies? The guy is one talented wrestler.

Loading Video...

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@undeadpool: Honestly there are some weeks when I wish Raw could give me 20 minutes of relevant or entertaining material. A lot of times it's me shaking my head and skipping through matches and promos. But yeah this week's Smackdown was pretty bad.

You trying to get smart with me? That's it Schroeder. You and me in a mask vs hair match. If you win I shave my head. If I win you reveal your face to all of comic vine. Maybe then you'll learn why they call me the Legend Disagreer.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By AlwaysBeClothing

Well, you asked for it. I have no idea what is happening but it looks pretty cool! Also, more promos. ALWAYS BE PROMOS

No Caption Provided

akbeffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so happy this is happening! I'm always hearing Corey and Mat reference wrestling and have been itching to hear their banters. Keep it up you guys.

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ziggler does have awful music.

Love the Mark Henry music, heel or face, sometimes faces break necks.... you see Man of Steel?

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ziggler does have awful music.

Love the Mark Henry music, heel or face, sometimes faces break necks.... you see Man of Steel?

But do they also split wigs?

david_maurer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By david_maurer

As far as the Walls of Jericho are concerned, Jericho revealed on his recent DVD that he had to change the move to a Boston Crab because he wouldn't be able to execute the original version on all the taller WWE talent like Undertaker.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 inferiorego  Staff

As far as the Walls of Jericho are concerned, Jericho revealed on his recent DVD that he had to change the move to a Boston Crab because he wouldn't be able to execute the original version on all the taller WWE talent like Undertaker.

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks for letting us know