Mongoose23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501  Edited By Mongoose23

Hello everyone at Comic Vine!

My question has to do with Fialkov leaving the two lantern books he was working on. Especially since the rumor is that D.C. wanted him to (Spoiler Warning) kill John Stewart, which wasn't part of the story he was going to tell.

How do you all feel about D.C. possibly killing off such a beloved character and in turn, driving one of their most promising writers away from two books that he seemed very excited about writing?

Thanks for taking the time to answer and keep up your amazing work!

(This is my first question so I hope it's a good one.)

hyenascar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#502  Edited By hyenascar

First of all the video you were looking for by Rupaul is supermodel. Which I remember seeing in the 90's when i was much younger. I couldn't figure out why this lady was different from most ladies, but she was definitely much taller. Secondly have you heard about the Gender Through Comics: A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) being done through comixology, by Christina Blanch of Ball State University. My old college, (go Cards.) Comixology has a syllabus of each weeks' comics to read. It's an excellent opportunity to read comics and broaden your own perspective of gender and sexual roles.

As always, thanks for the chance for debate on your site. I enjoy the back and forth that can be provided through discussion and debate on comics. We learn through discourse, not with people of similar views, but with people whose views challenge the validity of our own ideals. After all, comics when done well is just a mirror for our own societal woes, worries, and regrets. As well as our triumphs, hopes, and goals we would love to attain.

Scanner51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#503  Edited By Scanner51

Hey Everyone, this is for Corey

Just wanted to say BIG UPS to Corey, he really knows how to throw a great party. The Judd Winick Q&A/Signing was awesome! He signed a comic to my baby!! It was the first time I had ever been to a Q&A that so intimate. It was fantastic. You run a great store with a great atmosphere. I don't know if you'll remember me but I'm the guy who told you that he submitted your event info and got it plugged on a radio show I listen to on SiriusXM. The show I listen to is big on that sorta thing. I haven't set foot in a shop in a really long time. Your shop is really inviting with really great people working there. Everyone was helpful!! I'm in hayward so i got 4 shops around me, San Leandro, Castro Valley, Union City and Fremont. Glad to say 3 outta the 4 have been on equal ground as yours. Keep up the great work. Ain't that much to cross the San Mateo bridge so I'll be back to your store soon.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of DC and Marvel canceling books that are underselling, what would you think about them turning into Digital Only? Would that be a significant cost savings for a book with perhaps a devoted following, but maybe isn't raking in the cash? One book you guys always mention is X-23 by Marjorie Liu. It seems like going digital only would be a good idea for a few reasons. Maybe fans of the physical format would be willing to give digital a try for a first time if it's a book they really like, and it wouldn't impact Local Comic Shops because it's essentially a book that would've gotten canceled anyway. It's life after death. Perhaps I'm incorrectly weighing the cost of paying a book's creative team vs the actual cost of printing. What do you all think?

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 1

Howdy Crew!

So since Mark Millar has taken the chief role of all Fox/Marvel movies, he probably has some tightening up to do. Without any doubt the biggest property he's overseeing is the X-Men franchise. But before he took his role, things were a train wreck. Stories did not align between movies and charters were thrown left and right. The Wolverine is said to take place after Last Stand while forgetting everything from Wolverine Origins. This will be Mark's first Fox film and the trailer seems promising. But as we're on the verge of the X-MenFirst Class: Days of Futures Past, time jumping and alternate realities will most likely be the focus of the second movie. As these events will happen, this is the perfect time to pull a Flashpoint move to reboot their movies. My question is, could DOFP movie serve as reboot in the Fox cinematic universe?
The other property Fox owns is the Fantastic Four while losing Daredevil. If DOFP will serve as reboot to connecting cinematic universe, then the FF reboot promised may appear in future X-Men movies. Do you think that's the goal for First Class 2? Would this be the smarter thing to do if they want to keep the properties?

alex1321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506  Edited By alex1321

Hi guys. Been listening to the podcast since your last one with Scott Snyder and I look forward to it every week. This is my first time asking questions and I have a couple so bear with me please.

1. If you could have any creative team work on a comic biography of each of you, who would that team be?

2. This is one is for James. I heard you talk about basketball on one of the podcasts and seemed to know quite a bit. Do you watch a lot of basketball and if so, do you have a favorite team?

3. I'm a bit confused with all the Avengers and X-Men titles, are they all connected to the fall out of AvX? And which ones are worth reading? I'm currently reading All New X-Men and Avengers and would like to know which other titles are good.

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#507  Edited By Fenderxx

Hello to everyone ! My Question for you is .. How many times do you read a Comic before you review it ? Do you feel that your first Impression is normally spot on or do you withhold judgement at first? Do you have any Tips on reviewing, I have seen a lot of users reviews and want to give it a shot.

I really enjoy the sites reviews, and feel like they are well thought out, Thanks again !

CrimsonSquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#508  Edited By CrimsonSquire

Hello, Podcast people!

I have a few questions here, so I'll start right now!

1. Not really a question, but I heard your chat on why Nova is a T+ series, and I thought I'd say that most times, comics get these ratings for language, like the two B words.

2. When you're in a comic store, do you ever overhear other people's comic book conversations? I was in my LCS and heard someone describe Earth 2 to their friend as ( do this in an agressive voice, Tony ) "URGH! BLOOD! DEATH!".

3. Do you ever buy too many comics? If I got to a store and they don't have any books I buy on the shelves, I still buy a few even if I'm not very interested in them.

4. What did you think about the twist at the end of Age of Ultron #3? Usually Marvel cliffhangers bore me, but this was really unexpected to me.

Thanks if you've answered the questions!

CrimsonSquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#509  Edited By CrimsonSquire

Sorry, Guys, Back again!

Question 1: Have you ever tried to get your friends into comics? My Best friend joked about me reading comics for years, I got him to read one in January and he's read through almost all of my collection and I find him in the store once a week!

Question 2: Should there be more Vegetraian superheroes? And actual ones, not Hippies. I'm a vegetarian and almost squealed when I saw the Damina vegetarian panel in Batman inc.

Thanks again!

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Gang,

This is a question for Tony mainly, although I want to hear what everyone thinks.

Tony: I remember the podcast where you were disagreeing with Sara about whether or not Batman should kill, something you were vehemently against. I pretty much agree with you that it is a defining trait of the character, although I also think it would have been interesting to explore. My question is though, so far all 89 and later movie versions of Batman have killed. It doesn't even make sense to try and dispute it. Don't you then think these versions of Batman are being grossly untrue to the character?

Burton had Batman gunning down Jokers goons and pushing the Joker of a Skyscraper.

Nolan had Batman sabotage a train with Ra's al Ghul on it and refusing to save him. He caused the situation that resulted in the death, and failed to act when he could have. That's murder in most civilized countries, akin to cutting the brakelines and then bailing out knowing the other person can't. In the third movie Talia even says he murdered her father...it isn't something he denies. Not to mention poor Harvey.

It isn't about whether the killing is justified or not, it's just that it is widely out of character for batman. Do you have any issues with Batman killing on film?

HiploBo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello from Ohio. Hopefully I will see you all at C2E2.

My Question... Many times during Batman's long history, Batman has often left criminals/hoodlums/villains tied up for the cops to "take care of". How do the cops even know what charges to book these criminals with? Does the Batman leave evidence with the criminals to show the police what crime they committed? Would the court even consider that evidence, since Batman is a masked vigilante? It's not like Batman would make a court appearance and testify what these people did. Also do villains like the joker have the same "american rights" as you and me?

Scanner51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello comic vine

By the time this is read the news of Bruce Timm stepping down from WB Animation will be two to three weeks old. My question is what is your guys favorite Bruce Timm project??? Mine, Batman The Animated Series & Mask Of The Phantasm. Dark Knight Returns 1 & 2 are a close second. And even though it just got cancelled Green Lantern The Animated Series was done very well and I'm sad to see it go.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Is this where The James RObinson Questions go?

The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Amigos!,

It seems like comic sites and readers are silently scared of one thing, In House Ads. I was around those days when Got Milk, Hubba Bubba, or Mountain Dew ads filled my books with loud and colorful those ads. I never mind them but I understood that the publishers made money from running selling that space. Heck, 2-3 years ago, Mass Effect flooded the books. As of today, ads remain on the back as the insides try to sell us on a new title, but is that really bad?

The big two have their own television/ film departments which act as cash cows carrying the companies. If some of that money rolls over to cover the books advertisement need, wouldn't it make sense to promote a new title instead of selling that space. If that's the case, we should have nothing to worry about, wouldn't we? Maybe one day Tony can ask Geoff & Jim, "what happened to Got Milk?"

Ironhawk22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

User Lists: 9

#515  Edited By Ironhawk22

Hey!

Due to the suggestion of the podcast I finally decided to give Assassins Creed a try! I got Assassins Creed: The Ezio Trilogy! It's fantastic. I'm currently AC 2. I tried looking for Mass Effect but couldn't find any copies of the first game. There was 1-3 altogether, but luckily my friend has the game and will let me borrow it. If I like it I'll buy Mass Effect 2-3. Sara I recall you mentioned once that you watch Reven8e on ABC. What do you think of this season? I'm a few episodes behind(due to TWD), but am a little disappointed in the lack of actual revenge.

James, so happy you brought back Judomaster! Would you ever consider doing a Congorilla and Starman(Mikaal) mini/maxi/ongoing series? The duo was great in JLA, and I'd really like to see them get their own series. I'm really happy the two still exist post reboot.

What do you all think of the Teen Titans Go(!) cartoon that's coming up? I think a lot of people are just trash talking it because Young Justice got cancelled. There has only been like a minute of miscellaneous footage, and I don't think anyone could make a valid judgment on the show. I'm excited as the original Teen Titans show is one of the main reasons I read comics, and hope it turns out well.

A while back I asked if any of you watch Dexter. Corey said that he heard the show went down hill after S-4, and I agree(somewhat). However you all have to watch Season 7. In my opinion it's the best season of them all. It has wonderful writing, and great acting from Yvonne Strahovski and Ray Stevenson. Easily my favorite of the seasons, with my favorite villain(Isaak), and one of my favorite Dexter characters(Hannah). Also a certain fan favorite character makes a surprise appearance via flashbacks in the finale.

Corey, Kingdom Hearts 3D had a Hunchback of Notre Dame world. What did you think of Chew issue thirty two??

Hope you all had a happy Easter(if you celebrate it) and thanks for answering the questions!

LeeHiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple of questions for James Robinson.

1. It's nice to finally see Alan Scott with a cool costume after all these years, but would it be possible to add a cape? It would be a way to evoke both Superman and the previous versions of Alan Scott, and would further distinguish him from the Green Lantern Corps.

2. Is the recent Shade series officially within New 52 continuity? I'd love to see him as part of the Earth 2 setting.

Thanks!

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

Hello everyone ! All-new X-men and Uncanny X-men have been playing up these 2 different philosophies that where always part of the X-men story, however now with Cyclops they appear to be giving the more extreme side equal time and make the reader strongly consider their point of view. In All-New X-men #10 we get a very interesting debate from multiple sides,

so my Question is ... who do you think has the moral high ground ?

ticticchilitic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Big fan of everyone's work on the podcast!

I had a question for James Robinson.

Earth 2 is a great read, but I loved the introspective writing we got at the front of the Starman omnibuses. Will we get a chance to get this "behind the scenes" writing again? Are the current books James is writing personal in the same way that Starman was?

Also I can't wait to see the Filipino Captain Steel!

- Jon Arcangel Crumpler

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Question for James Robinson and Comicvine Crew:

How do you write a character without resorting to stereotypes or stereotypical dialogue?

I can always improve my writing, How do I become a better writer?

When DC cancels a title, like Justice League International, or Hawkman, or Captain Atom, does that mean that those stories are now canon despite the cancellations? Or does DC then say "Now another writer/artist can take this character any place they want, in a different direction than what New 52 established." Like Can Hawkman now be changed into a Batman Beyond styled teen driven story? Can Captain Atom become a female character? Can they reestablish that the JLI might have existed in the 80s?

modifiedblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long time listener, first time Question..er.

This one is for Tony specifically being a HUGE Spider-Man fan. After reading Age of Ultron, I'm confused about who actually knows Peter is Spider-Man. Tony and She-Hulk had no idea who Peter was... I know it was Dr Octopus as Peter but does Peter, Peter remember the time with Iron Man/Tony? Or is all that just gone? In Amazing Spider-Man 698 Captain America obviously knew Peter because Otto was asking for Peter Parker... I figured She-Hulk knew since they had been close, I thought Ms. Marvel knew... Thoughts? ANswers?

Avatar image for theleagueofmutualagreement
TheLeagueofMutualAgreement

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello Comic Vine crew this is my first time asking questions and my first question is a battle of epic proportions. It is the battle of the non Bruce Wayne batmen. Our fighters are Dick Grayson, Damian Wayne in the 666 universe i have him in it because he is probably coming back eventually, and last but not least is Terry McGinnis. Dick is probably the most skilled fighter and has the body language reading thingy, I don't know what is really involved in that but hey it's something. 666 Damian Wayne may not be the best batman in a skills sense but he is the only one who will do whatever it takes to win. Then we have Terry McGinnis he is probably the least skilled of the three but his bat suit is a huge advantage with his bat suit it increases his strength by a factor of 10 and heightens his senses along with other features including crazy awesome jet boots. So who is the best of the bats.

Also i was wondering what star wars comics or books would you guys would recommend. The only ones i have read is the new star wars series and both star wars legacy volumes. Also Corey i think you made a mistake about the legacy books the republic is not like the empire and the empire is not like the republic. In the legacy books there is the galactic alliance which is the spiritual successor to the republic and all that remains of the galactic alliance is a just one fleet lead by Admiral Gar Stazi .The Empire is strict but more benevolent because if the continue to be super space jerks they would be much smaller and insignificant. Then Sith came back and divided the empire on one side the 'true' Emperor Ron Fe land on the other side is Darth Kryat who rules the One Sith which don't fight each other but work together to do evil and he also rules the bigger chunk of the empire. All this is different in legacy volume 2 but i didn't want to spoil volume 1. I didn't really want to fire shots on my first question but just finished Legacy volume 1 and realize about that mistake so sorry about that Corey. I hope you all had a good Easter or weekend and keep on rocking.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522  Edited By UltimateSMfan

Hey guys! Been listening to the podcast for a while now n never miss one! Loving it,so this is my first question ever and it's for James but u guys can try to answer it as well,so here it is-Is the steppenwolf on earth two the same one we saw in justice league #6? Are the characters from the fourth world able to travel to different earths in the multiverse? So are the Scott free and barda revealed in earth two THE mr. Miracle n big Barda of the new 52? Was wondering cuz I read this line in the latest issue and i quote,"word has come to me of the lost son who escaped from us...a year ago?i know where on earth-on THIS earth-he's been hiding since he got away." Was wondering whether these connections to Apokolips lead to next years event... And also James if ur there ,I really loved Earth2 #11 it was fantastic!

davidhoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523  Edited By davidhoc

The man who would become known as Vic Sage was born as Charles Victor Szasz, an orphan who was raised in a Hub City orphanage, where he gained a reputation as a troublemaker.

Painrted portraits from photos

girzaznot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#524  Edited By girzaznot

Hellooo Everyone!

I am curious as to how you guys manage your comic collections so you know which issues you need when you are at a convention or comic store. I have been keeping track of the comics I am missing in the NotePad app on my iPhone. This is no longer easy to use because I am interested in more series. I recently made an excel sheet for the series I am collecting/currently looking for, and have it in an email on my phone. I also checked out some database apps, but they are either expensive or the free ones have limited capabilities. Do you guys recommend a different way to keep track of your comics while searching for those missing issues?

edmanastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525  Edited By edmanastro

Hey how do you go about getting comic art in C2E2.I want to get a drawing from Chris Samnee

edmanastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also how expensive would it be to get art at a con ?

jkma68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#527  Edited By jkma68

Hey ComicVine crew, I just want to start by saying I think that you are doing a great job and I really like the new format. I know you guys catch a lot of crap for your ratings, but I think you do a great job justifying them in your reviews...and like you always say, it's just one person's opinion...so lighten up people! Anyhoo...on to my first question ever! In the most recent issue of All New X-Men we see Sabertooth tearing it up with Mystique. My question is: didn't Sabertooth die? The last I had heard was that Wolverine cut off his head with the only sword that would make it permanent. I'm a huge X-fan, but I seemed to have missed the story of his resurrection. Thanks for shedding some light on this situation and keep up the good work!

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528  Edited By SavageDragon

Sup guys and lady,'

First how bout some l;ove for The Black Beetle. Dark horse is publishing one of the coolest minis out right now. @Francesco Francavilla is killing it right now with his noir tale about colt city's mysterious protector. Amazingly drawn and written by my man Francavilla. My favorite Mini out right now. (MAra and Harbinger wars a close second.)

First who would win in a fight, Miles Morales or 616 Green Goblin, no prep time. Classic GG vs current Miles with no knowledge of each others powers

Second lets say somehow Galactus wonders into the DC universe. Hes super hungry and goes to the closest planet near him. That planet is the GL Mogo. Does Galactus eat Mogo even if the big planet eater is ready for a fight and Glactus is really hungary? Can Glactus eat Mogo when both their lives depend on their winning this encounter? Does Galactus pass by Mogo because he thinks he is a giant orbiting Brussel Sprout? Does Mogo smell like steamed vegetables?

Lastly You guys seriously need to read the first 3 morning Glories trades. That series is great and the 4th trade comes out soon. Please check it out! It great readin trade and is a real page turner with great art. Namaste yall.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Looking at the solicits for July I noticed we are getting a second Guardians of the Galaxy series written by Bendis. I think it is incredibly surprising they are getting a second series but I am not going to complain as I am a longtime Guardians fans. Do you think retail pushes like this in comics helps out something like a potential movie or do they mostly fall flat? I'd be interested to see if Corey noticed any rise in a comic sales around the time of a movie's release (like Dark Knight Rises, Avengers, etc).

2. Are any of you going to HeroesCon in North Carolina this year? Just curious.

3. With the re-introduction of characters from Marvel's "new universe" (Starbrand, Nightmask, etc) do you think this is going to be a new retail push from Marvel to create a new universe/comic line? I think this might be a good way for them to incorporate characters like Angela and Miracle Man. They could also experiment with going all digital first with this universe or even try going directly to trade. Then again...this might just be an interesting story arc and nothing more. Just curious what you guy's (and girl's) thoughts were.

Thanks for everything guys, you consistently rock.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#530  Edited By Mezmero

Hello Comicvine

Which Batmam movie song do you think is better: R Kelly's City Of Justice or Seal's Kiss From A Rose? Both were RnB songs that didn't feel quite right for a Batman movie. Personally I like Kiss From a Rose better even though I thought both of the movies were terrible.

cimbyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

I have been listening for a few months now, and have noticed a lot of convo about Marvel, DC or Image comics. I currently have a rather large pull list (A Lot of Marvel, DC and Image comics), but I want to mix it up a bit. Are there any Top Cow, or Aspen or other comics worth taking a look at? I also have been looking to get into Spawn. Can you recommend a good jumping on point?

cimbyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532  Edited By cimbyote

regarding the Peter Parker/Doc Ock Brain switch, and how Tony has issues with this being plausible (in comic book physics).

What about Psylocke? Betsy Braddock came into Revanche (Kwannon)'s body completely. that is to say without it just being a memory type thing like Tony's theory about the Superior Spider-man. People have switched bodies before in the Marvel Universe. So why would it not be possible for Spider-man?

ShadowMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based off of your "Off Their Minds: Could Professor X or Telepaths be Arrested for Invasion of Privacy" video, I have to ask why most telepaths lift a finger or fingers to their temple? I don't think that there is a button in there, unless it's like a walky-talky where they have to hold the button down to be able to talk to the other person. Might be to stabilize their head, or does telepathy cause migraines? Or, like holding onto a radio antenna for better reception, does the finger to the temple cause the full arm to act like an antenna? Though the telepaths over in Harbinger don't need to put their fingers to their temples, but maybe that's because everything in the Valiant universe is just that much better (ooo, ouch! Sorry Marvel fans).

Also, I would love it if you guys talked just a bit more on the Valiant books, I know you guys don't review them, but I am still hopeful a little conversation about them.

Thank you!

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#534  Edited By iceslick

Hey, this is a question for everyone (Tony, Sara and Corey).

Is anyone currently reading All Star Western? I have read the entire series so far and I think it's great. I also noticed there only one person reviewing these books. I feel kind of sad, there's not much reviews for this series, especially from you guys. It's very underrated and I noticed no one talks about what's been going on with the series. I think it honestly should get the attention it deserves and hope it won't get cancelled anytime soon.

I have another question, do you think DC should get rid of Channel 52 news back-ups?

I honestly think it's repetitive,horrible writing, and most of all not funny. I understand they are trying to alert everyone what's going on in the other books. But to me, It feels like i'm reading a more horrible version of monthly solicits. So, if reads like a monthly solicits then it's unnecessary!(Sorry if I like an angry internet fan, it's just that i'm expressing my emotion about it. :-( )

Atomiic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Comic Vine, In about a month I will going to Chicago for a wedding and was wondering if there are any really good comic bookstores in the down town area.

Also are you guys familiar with the Red X character from the teen titans cartoon? do you think he would be a good villian for Tim Drake, Red Hood, or even Nightwing.

Thanks You Guys Rock!

majidjaved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hey guys couple of ?s

can a green lantern make a kryptonite construct i mean if they can make other stuff why cant they?

also i saw the new solicitations and what do you think about the directors cut editions for batman year one and superman unchained, is it worth the extra money, or the fact that only synder's books are doings this, if dc is going to do them for the duration of both series or when they will stop

i am thinking about getting them but it is alot more money and because of that if i do i am going to (pause for dramatic effect) stop getting the titles normally and just suck it up and wait a month

thanks for any input

Car23los

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537  Edited By Car23los

Does taking the sticker off your comic for the digital code de-value your comic ?

If it does what do you think would be a better way to give out the digital code when you purchase a hard copy?

bigaza2151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538  Edited By bigaza2151

hey comic vine

ill keep it short this week, basically i was wondering what you guys think of angela [of image comics] heading to marvel and how do you think she will fit in to age of ultron?! i was actually a fan of hers way back in the day and still have her mini series but im baffled on marvel introducing her into guardians of the galaxy and then into this grim ultron story.

also i managed to get my hands on a marvel heroes beta key and it is awesome!

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I was wondering why Comic Vine and Giant Bomb don't team up when comic based video games come out? The Bomb Crew isn't too overly knowledgable when it comes to comics, and it'd be really cool to have Tony on one of their Quick Looks so he can be the voice of the comic fans. I'm not saying GB straight up bashes comics, but they rarely have anything nice to say about them and just say they're all corny as hell. It would have been nice to have Tony join Jeff for the Injustice Quick Look and talk about DC, rather than Ryan talk what he barely knows. The Deadpool game is coming out soon and that would be another perfect oppourtunity!

Avatar image for koko_the_vampire_slayer
koko_the_vampire_slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Sara, Tony, and Corey!!! You guys are awesome!!!

I was listening to your podcast the other day and I was wondering about the origin of the screaming blonde which is kinda the logo for the comicvine podcast?

Thanks for making every Friday fantastic!

Bigwalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greetings everyone I hope this finds everyone doing well. With the third Man of Steel recently released do you guys think the film will address how Superman shaves? In the trailer he has super sweet beard when he is out fishing and then when he puts on the suit he is completely clean shaving. Thanks everyone enjoy your weekend.

dangermart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the most recent podcast (April 12) Corey and Sara backed the idea that the Marvel Universe is more 'realistic' than the DCU. Tony cites Galactus. Corey says he's more realistic than the Anti-Monitor ... Er, how? Planet-devouring force of nature with pet surfer dude is more believable than reality-eating multiversal being? It's all just big daft fun, surely? DC has aliens and gods and new gods; so does Marvel. Marvel has street-level characters; so does DC. The psychological realism depends on the writer at any given time, and an awful lot of the best writers have done stints at both companies. So I'd love to hear Corey and Sara go into more detail - usually it's people who came to read Marvel first that stick to Marvel's party line that it's the realistic company. As for me, realism is OK, but my life's pretty realistic - in my comics, first and foremost, I want fun.

Avatar image for sweetesttoaster
sweetesttoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543  Edited By sweetesttoaster

Hey comicvine crew,

After watching that awesome new Man of Steel trailer about a hundred times, I found myself wanting to read more Superman. In some of the previous podcasts, you guys mention how great All-Star Superman is, so I was thinking of giving that a try. The thing is, I never really liked Superman all that much. I mean I like the idea of him, but I've never read anything that interesting with him as the central character. The other thing is that I don't really like Grant Morrison's way of story telling either. However, you guys rave about it a lot and its said to be a "must read" in the man of steel's mythology by others, so I was wondering if it would still be a good read for someone who hasn't read any great Superman stories. Thanks for the help. Keep up the good work.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who's your favorite character from Watchmen? Mine is Ozymandias. I identify with his tendency to genetically engineer aliens for armageddon. MWAHAHAHAHA

bioshocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: @G-Man: Hi Tony, I was listening to the podcast last week and heard you weren't sure if you could get an early copy of Iron Man 3 for review. I am in South Korea and we will be getting it this Thursday. If there is a possibility I'd love to write up a review and be a part of what you guys are doing. Keep up the great work.

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#546  Edited By dreamfall31
No Caption Provided

Have you guys ever had pages for DC titles becoming wrinked and wavy with no apparent cause? I just noticed it last month with issue #18 of Batman and Robin, and yet again with issues from this month (B&RR, Batman, Wonder Woman). A few times I've seen some of the DC issues you hold up in "The Best Stuff in Comics This Week" videos also have extremely wrinkled covers (specifically the April 14 episode). I've attached a picture from Batman and Robin #18, which shows the page with the worst damage. Hopefully you guys can shed some light on why this happens, maybe even Corey if he's noticed it a lot in his shop. It's not the end of the world since I really don't collect them for later sale or anything, but it is kind of frustrating when reading them. Thanks!

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547  Edited By fullmetalquach

Hey everyone! (Hopefully Corey and James are there) I have a couple questions. I just recently picked up the hardcover for X-Men Fall of the Mutants, i haven't read it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I always liked the X-Men growing up and I've only really been reading comics for almost a year now. I have a general sense of some past events, but what are some good, classic X-Men stories that still hold up today.

My next question is what are some cool Shazam (Captain Marvel) stories. I don't know much about him, but I think his character is really interesting and would like to read more on Billy Batson. Thanks guys and gal.

Also, I know its late, but welcome to the east Sara.

The Cyan Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How's everyone doing!',

No Caption Provided

In a recent article by CHUD, an insider to Marvel Studios is saying that Justin Theroux is being considered to write and star in the Phase 3 Dr. Strange. If you're not familiar to Justin, he wrote IM2 and stared in tons of movies most recent being Wanderlust. His personality in real life is a cool rock dude that loves to ride motorcycles. My question is, if Justin were to play Dr. Strange, should he bring a cool edge to the character?

I would like to argue why this would be better. We know Dr. Strange to be the 40-50 year old man with the big cape and wise, but we're in an age were that age range is still young. The average movie go-er could only be drawn into a Dr. Strange movie if he an edge rather than classic Doc we all know. You don't have to strip the character and make him a buffoon who happens to know magic, yet a guy who knows everything is not too appealing either. I think a perfect blend Marvel Studios can do is have Matt Fraction's The Defenders Dr. Strange mixed with the RDJ's Sherlock Holmes series grit. And let's face it, if the classic interpretation Doc were to be in the cinematic Avengers team, he would be too similar to Cap making him dull in a large cast.

If Justin were to write and star, I would trust him. Let's have a Dr. Strange who is a swinger but can anticipate every action with counter magic. We can either have him on the side line making spells or front-and-center for an hour and fourty-five minutes.

batfan916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549  Edited By batfan916

Hey guys so its been about 4 months since I think I told you guys that I got hired at my LCS. And I have to say its the best job I've had in a long time. I have to say when Corey says running a comic shop is both stressful and fun all at the same time I can agree with him 100%. My actual question is for Corey, what headaches have you come across with diamond? I've been warned that they are so "awesome" from the store owners before I started working there but I guess I didn't take their sarcasm to seriously. Any nightmare stories you can share? And any tips as you can give me in general?. One last thing If I can pull a Corey and plug my store ,(in Corey's self promoting voice) Metropolis Comix Brucevile Road,Sacramento Ca 95823, we have teamed up with a organization called Comics for Heroes to donate comics for troops and kids in need. If you guys could mention the site , comicsforheroes.org , they can use any kid friendly comics. Donations can be made directly to the site also. Thanks guys and keep up the good work and if anyone is in the Sacramento area please come by and check out the number 1 award winning store in town.

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#550  Edited By nightwingnerd

Hi guys I was wondering what you guys favorite issues of Batman, Nightwing, Teen Titans, and Batman and Robin. (New 52 or pre New 52). And also what your favorite Marvel book is. Also what you think of Batman Inc. ending at issue 13.

Thanks,

Nightwingnerd