ComicVine Podcast 3/26/10 With Writer James Robinson

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

If it is Friday, then you know it is time for the Comic Vine podcast! Justice League writer James Robinson will be joining us this morning live at the Comic Vine office! Tune in at 10:30 for the start of the show! 

Crymsun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Crymsun

That was a great podcast!  James Robinson seems to be a great guy!
MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By MichaeltheFly

Finally I seen a entire video podcast, great podcast guys.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I caught this. Really was a favorite for me among the podcasts.

That being said. The only podcasts I listen to are Comic Vine and Anime Vice.

@Babs:
Don't let anyone hold back your fandom for a character, Babs. I think that is often times when you are at your most charming. I can relate feeling passionate about a character.

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Harlekin

Barbra's true love was Ted Kord.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By johnny_spam

Okay the thing about Dick and Barbara Gordon is that they were not in a relationship in the original comics they flirted but nothing was solid, Marv Wolfman had more control over Dick Grayson in the eighties and that's why he never had any say on Barbara as he was not involved in the Batman books any of that stuff like Robin Year One Batgirl Year One or Barbara meeting Starfire was a retcon and not there originally a generation of writers who loved Dick and Barbara kept retconing in that they were a couple before Dick and Starfire.Green Arrow cheating on Black Canary all the time is also a retcon it was Judd Winick's one act of him writing Green Arrow cheating on her that I think tainted the character.

@Harlekin said:

" Barbra's true love was Ted Kord. "

@Harlekin:   I am not to sure of that, Chuck Dixon was really trying to build up Blue Beetle and was using the Batman books he was on to do so. 

As for Cassandra not being Batgirl her handling by Adam Beechen left such a bad taste in fans mouths and they got so upset with her possible villain turns some people probably would not read another series about her so they ended up replacing her with Stephanie to solve that problem. 

It was cool to hear from James Robinson one of the best.
Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Benzo

this was an awesome podcast!!!!! :D

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By NightFang3

Ah, man I missed it!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

A few characters I am not sure if they can ever transfer into a movie are Daredevil and Ghost Rider.
Also, I am currently reading Starman Omnibus.  Its AWESOME.
This was fun and cool.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#9  Edited By gmanfromheck

You can now listen, comment and download the podcast on the

Podcast Page.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Decept-O

Nice.  Great to have a big name creator for your Podcast!  Hhmmm...did I catch a hint regarding something pertaining to CV?     

Loved Babs' explanation for hating Grayson and Starfire and her love for Namor and kind of admiration for Ra's Al Ghul, all understandable. 

Mr. Robinson seemed to be very interested in what you guys had to say opposed to promoting anything and that was really great.   Love his recap of The Avengers story arc with Ant-Man and when Jack of Hearts blew up and all.  That was pretty kick-ass stuff.  I enjoyed listening to him, and his knowledge of comics is great, along with his passion.

G-Man, I am virtually bald with stippling nappy remnants of hair when I don't shave, yet I wash my head (with body wash not shampoo)  every day.  Come on, DUDER... Ha!!

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Harlekin
@johnny spam said:

" Okay the thing about Dick and Barbara Gordon is that they were not in a relationship in the original comics they flirted but nothing was solid, Marv Wolfman had more control over Dick Grayson in the eighties and that's why he never had any say on Barbara as he was not involved in the Batman books any of that stuff like Robin Year One Batgirl Year One or Barbara meeting Starfire was a retcon and not there originally a generation of writers who loved Dick and Barbara kept retconing in that they were a couple before Dick and Starfire.Green Arrow cheating on Black Canary all the time is also a retcon it was Judd Winick's one act of him writing Green Arrow cheating on her that I think tainted the character.

@Harlekin said:

" Barbra's true love was Ted Kord. "

@Harlekin:   I am not to sure of that, Chuck Dixon was really trying to build up Blue Beetle and was using the Batman books he was on to do so.   As for Cassandra not being Batgirl her handling by Adam Beechen left such a bad taste in fans mouths and they got so upset with her possible villain turns some people probably would not read another series about her so they ended up replacing her with Stephanie to solve that problem.  It was cool to hear from James Robinson one of the best. "
I know this. Robinson said the the top in the podcast. I always liked the ideal of Ted and her. To me they shouldn't get back together unless it ends in heart break. A big selection of the fanbase probably disagrees but this is all opinion anyway so it not like the Babs and Dick relationship is anymore valid than Babs and Ted.
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By No_Name_
@aztek the lost: "Almost." HA!
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By No_Name_

I updated the top post to include the ustream of the first portion of the podcast. You can watch them consecutively now, sorry about that guys!

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@Babs: 
Oh for the love of Pete. The "soy milk" comment is still in that first part. *covers eyes in embarrassment* lol
Did you call me a "good egg"? =)

This was the first time I was actually early for the podcast. Normally, I got to the Ustream to more chat in real time with some of the users, but Robinson was such an interesting guest. I couldn't help paying attention.

I'll try and be on time for this coming week's podcast as well.
waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By waruikumo

those Jimmy Olsen Books were FREAKING AWESOME.  REALLY awesome.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmoothJammin

this was a nice little flashback..

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Webjaker

These two podcasts with james were wonderful and So funny - I wish he was a regular every week. Also its great hearing DC writers/creators talking about Marvel and other publishers, good to hear that they are all Comic geeks too and dont just stick with their own labels/titles.