• 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Don't know if I want to listen to this one. It's been a terribly slow week for comic news and no good books to discuss. :)

theMightyMODOK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By theMightyMODOK

@captainhoopla: What about Darksied War, Secret Wars, Post-Convergence and the ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT MARVEL teaser?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

No Caption Provided

~MiB

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@inferiorego John Carpenter didn't even know they were doing a Big Trouble reboot, he's not involved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's definitely Karnak.

face tattoos, facial hair, green/white/black color scheme, taped hands(martial arts), lean build

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Were many people actually saying the F4 and X-Men would be wiped from existence? I was just saying, and still am, that they are being pushed to the background in favor of spotlighting other properties that Disney/Marvel owns the film rights to. I don't think they are doing that in order to sabotage the movies because it's pretty obvious the comics don't impact the movies and more or less vice versa. I don't think you can logically deny that this is happening though. Look at that big Marvel characters poster. No X-Men or Fantastic Four to be seen. Some of the characters are obviously still present (The Thing and Wolverine being on that new promo for All New, All Different for instance) but those two properties look to be taking a back seat in some ways. I'm not throwing a big fit about this but I am a bit disappointed because I prefer the X-Men to the properties they are focusing on now.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To tell the truth, I can't stand The Dwayne, don't like anything hes in.

FastestBlender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syncig said:

Were many people actually saying the F4 and X-Men would be wiped from existence? I was just saying, and still am, that they are being pushed to the background in favor of spotlighting other properties that Disney/Marvel owns the film rights to. I don't think they are doing that in order to sabotage the movies because it's pretty obvious the comics don't impact the movies and more or less vice versa. I don't think you can logically deny that this is happening though. Look at that big Marvel characters poster. No X-Men or Fantastic Four to be seen. Some of the characters are obviously still present (The Thing and Wolverine being on that new promo for All New, All Different for instance) but those two properties look to be taking a back seat in some ways. I'm not throwing a big fit about this but I am a bit disappointed because I prefer the X-Men to the properties they are focusing on now.

No one I know is saying that except for @g_man who says it sarcastically every week like it's some crackpot theory or vicious bleeding cool rumor. There is an avalanche of proof to support that these properties are being pushed to the background and The Thing in Guardians and Johnny in Inhumans does not refute it. If anything, their keeping the license for these character by having them appear in a comic based on a blockbuster movie and an upcoming movie (not to mention the Inhuman's presence in Agents of Shield). To refute it at this point is naive.

And I'll bring it up this week because you all bring it up every week: You three complaining about complaints only spreads negativity. If you can't take it, disable comments on the site. Most people don't read the comments and are unaware of of the disagreements. So by you all airing them out in a podcast only spreads them further.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fastestblender: definitely agree about talking about complainers. I like hearing them talk about comics but always want to fast forward through them talking about Twitter and comment section complainers.

JoeyH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant believe you guys didnt like Groot! It was one of my favorites this week. =)

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jasoninthewoods

Man Marvel has an obsession with turning there main characters female all of a sudden lol

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yes! X-23 definitely wins the award for best new look (although I suppose it's not an entirely "new" look).

@orpheus_knightfall: are you using the forum or the email? Email's usually much faster.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By d9000

Oh yeah, and regarding spoilers. I've always found that comic vine does a really good job of evaluating the level of spoiler and issuing the appropriate alert. But as the reader you need to be vigilant when listening to reviews of something you don't want spoiled. Keep your finger on the fast forward button when your book comes up, just in case.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liking these podcasts.