Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

Silk was actually my favorite book of the week. I like that even tho she is a new spider woman she isn't named Spider-Woman and instead feels really independent and new which is something a lot of extended family sorta characters struggle with a lot. It was fun and adorable as well.

@g_man said:

@madeinbangladesh: WHERE is Corey?

No Caption Provided

ANSWER KEY

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@teerack said:

Silk was actually my favorite book of the week. I like that even tho she is a new spider woman she isn't named Spider-Woman and instead feels really independent and new which is something a lot of extended family sorta characters struggle with a lot. It was fun and adorable as well.

@g_man said:

No Caption Provided

ANSWER KEY

No Caption Provided

wow

~MiB

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Ok time for some podcast action.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How do you tattoo someone's nipple underwater? Wouldn't the ink just wash away? And do you use squid ink?

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guy will be Aquaman in name only. He looks nothing like him. Such a boring look.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justthatkid: I have a Tattooed Justice League Member fetish........

No Caption Provided
SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

YES! My GotG joke was mentioned. Although that was more of a dig on the movie.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

American cinemas must be horrible places. Everybody is always saying how they are noisy and I've seen videos of people cheering and clapping. Stuff like that would never happen in a British cinema, you'd end up being shamed in to leaving.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By righteous300

@jonny_anonymous: yeah it can be pretty bad, especially Friday nights because you have all these people trying to be funny in front of their friends yelling and making stupid comments at the movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrtummytumms: Don't they have the guy that comes around with the torch and sush's everyone?

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

American cinemas must be horrible places. Everybody is always saying how they are noisy and I've seen videos of people cheering and clapping. Stuff like that would never happen in a British cinema, you'd end up being shamed in to leaving.

SOunds boring.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I listen to four different Star Wars podcasts so there is definitely plenty of stuff to talk about. I think part of the issue with the lack of Star Wars love on this site is that most people come here for comics. I know that I go elsewhere when I want to talk Star Wars with people. Plus, this is going to sound insulting but it's definitely not meant to be, you guys aren't as into the Star Wars world as the people actually doing those podcasts or even a lot of the fans online. That is through no fault of yours as you are all busy running this site, reading comics, writing articles/reviews, and in Cory's case running a comic book shop.

Unrelated to the above paragraph, this is the only podcast I listen to that focuses so much on what the internet had to say about something. Every other podcast talks about a news item and the gives their opinion about it and then moves on. On this podcast, you mention a news item and then talk about the negative reaction the internet had and then maybe add your own thoughts at the end. I know others have said this before (myself included) but just focus on your own thoughts guys. No need to regurgitate the internet bile that we all get enough of anyway.

Anyway, love you guys and love (most aspects of) the podcast!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Loading Video...

BB

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vasu12360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like hits Trident

StarBrand1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By StarBrand1

Less Matt, more everything else. That guy brings everything down everytime. At least he acknowledges being a snob. Even when he says he likes something. He still talks shit about it. There's only so much one person can respectfully bitch about everything.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@judasnixon said:

How do you tattoo someone's nipple underwater? Wouldn't the ink just wash away? And do you use squid ink?

Do you really not know how tattoos work? >.< When you tattoo someone you inject the ink into their skin pigments with an electric needle. It never actually touches the air so it wouldn't touch the water, and since Atlantian needles/blades can pierce Atlantian skin it makes sense.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@g_man said:

No Caption Provided

ANSWER KEY

No Caption Provided

wow

~MiB

I gotta figure out how to make use of my arts degree somehow man. :P haha... I regret many of my life choices.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOOOO GOOODDDD NOOOOOOO PLEASE

NO STAR WARS PODCAST!!!!!First you take away Endless Promo and now try to replace it with star Wars? Hell nah!

~MiB

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Teerack
@theacidskull said:

@teerack:

Is she still a Mary sue?

Since all she did was mess things up and make things harder for everyone else with how reckless she was in spider-verse. I'll just assume you don't know what a mary sue is. :V

Cobraskulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of new around here. Just wanted to say I love this site, this podcast, and all the people who make up comic vine. That is all.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Teerack
@theacidskull said:

@teerack said:
@theacidskull said:

@teerack:

Is she still a Mary sue?

Since all she did was mess things up and make things harder for everyone else with how reckless she was in spider-verse. I'll just assume you don't know what a mary sue is. :V

Oh I know what it is. Not everything has to be pitch perfect for one to call a character a mary sue. Also, just because you happened to like her doesn't excuse her of being one, but hey, I haven't read her first issue, maybe she's portrayed to be more down to earth instead of being better than spider-man from the 5 seconds we meet her.

She isn't idealized or fulling the authors fantasies(Slott isn't putting himself into the story as Silk). She was just a supporting/love interest character that made things more complicated for the protagonist. Lots of people like to throw around the term Mary Sue when ever a character is powerful(particularly when they're female) because they don't actually know the right way to use it, and just assume the common wrong way it's used is the right way. Kind of like how no one actually knows the meaning of ironic.

But no regardless of what I think of her, factually she isn't a Mary Sue based on what the term actual means.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Teerack

@theacidskull: Raw, awkward, blunt, and naive. Are all words that sum her up pretty well. She isn't used to being a super hero and is far from being a pro at it. On top of that she was locked up alone for a decade so she isn't used to being social or even being an adult. The book is really character driven and gives use some glimpses of her past, and lot lot lot of inner monologuing. She is also pretty funny, but only unintentionally funny and falls short of Peter's wit.

They also added some backlash to her amped up Spider-sense with it's pre-cog like ability. It some times give her crippling migraines and overwhelms her.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I added something to my post before you saw it.

@teerack said:

They also added some backlash to her amped up Spider-sense with it's pre-cog like ability. It some times give her crippling migraines and overwhelms her.

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of new around here. Just wanted to say I love this site, this podcast, and all the people who make up comic vine. That is all.

Welcome to Comicvine!!!! I hope you inter ct and comment more!!!

~MiB

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@judasnixon said:

Do you really not know how tattoos work? >.< When you tattoo someone you inject the ink into their skin pigments with an electric needle. It never actually touches the air so it wouldn't touch the water, and since Atlantian needles/blades can pierce Atlantian skin it makes sense.

How would you dip the tattoo gun into the ink underwater?