FLAGGED AND REPORTED.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Flicker

Thanks guys for all your hard work and putting out the podcast weekly. Since stumbling across the podcast during the summer it has really expanded my interest in comics. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Being romani I am highly offended @inferiorego not because you used the word gyp but because you called us Romanians!

(jk I'm not really offended)

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nickxh

Awesome to get a shout out to Paradox comics. My local comic shop in Poole, Dorset. :)

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By KASPERCOLE

Really G-Man:"There's really not much to say about Batman and Robin. . ." How about you let your podcast listeners know if you liked it or not. I understand you don't want to go into spoilers, but just throw us a bone (even a little one)! I personally thought it was awesome. I guess anybody who was curious could read the review you guys posted. Also, why don't you guys review more Valiant books? Harbinger 0: Faith came out this week and it was a pretty cool Faith/Zephyr intro for Unity readers who have not been reading Harbinger.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@nickxh: Tell them we totally appreciate the nomination and the chance to win.

nickxh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nickxh
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12 inferiorego  Staff

Being romani I am highly offended @inferiorego not because you used the word gyp but because you called us Romanians!

(jk I'm not really offended)

Well, what can I say... I'm an idiot.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I totally always listen right to the end.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardishy said:

I totally always listen right to the end.

It's a must.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Before the New 52 (and during the New 52) I never heard people call him "Shazam" (they have begun to now obviously now). It's clear DC/WB did that for better marketing and I think that's both dumb, and a disservice to the character. Quite frankly I think taking away the name he had for over 70 years, simply to make him slightly more marketable is out of line. I don't see Nintendo changing Link's name to Zelda simply because that's the name on the box. DC didn't need to change it, the only restraint they had was not being able to put it on the cover of any comics, or put his name in the title of any media features. Plus, one of the biggest appeals to Captain Marvel was the fact that all that stood between a boy, and a being with godly powers was a mere word. The fact that it now only works when he thinks "Good Thoughts" makes it feel much less special when he actually says the word, and takes away some of the fun a writer could have with that.

At any rate while I did like Thunderworld as a one shot, I would love for it to be an ongoing, but even more then that I would like New 52 Billy to look and act more like this.... and to change his name to Captain Marvel as it should be.

No matter what the future holds that issue was enough to make me feel good and helped keep me from leaving comic books. Although what really helped me stay was all the different people I have mat, most of which have been here on Comic Vine, that's what really got me to stay. If you wanna read more about how I felt about this then read this, fair warning though it's very emotional.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Well, I remember the TV show from the 70s (yes, I've been around). I've heard people call him Shazam my whole life. Sadly, probably more than people have called him Captain Marvel. Probably because that show was even SHAZAM!(which sadly only has one episode entered in our wiki even though it is out on DVD).

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Well maybe one day when I figure out how all this crazy wiki stuff works I'll put in the rest of the episodes.

At any rate I still think if DC just stuck to their guns people would slowly figure it out, especially given the mass exposure of heroes these days. Even if people never did learn, I still feel like it's disrespectful to the character and the fans. Like I said though, I think this was a decision made by WB, and not DC.

Hopefully one day this whole mess will be sorted out and the character can get back to his roots, after the positive reception of Thunderworld, I now believe more then ever that's a possibility.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: I haven't looked into it, I thought it was more of a legal thing. They couldn't call the show or comics Captain Marvel.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: I know, I've already learned everything about Cap's legal history. As it stands they can call him Captain marvel, but not in the title of anything.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

the end is the best

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ParaChomp
SWagner017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@g_man I would definitely be interested in a new t-shirt design....especially if it is Robin themed. No way I could say no to that. Also, the current t-shirts are pretty comfortable so I would stick with the same company/group that made those for the new design if you decide to do it.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By d9000

Cripes! I meant to comment before Christmas and it's almost here! Thanks for answering my question. Now we know a little bit more about the number one comic book website in the world! (it's official)

I officially approve of the changes to the ISMPOS. When it's only interviews I don't listen every time but I always listen to the TV reviews. I like the idea of mixing it up with special guests every now and then though.

Now as for nutella, it's actually from Italy starting in the 60s. They've actually been sued by people who thought it was nutritious. It's also not fair to call it a hazelnut spread. It's hazelnut chocolate spread. So basically chocolate frosting. There's also nutella themed restaurants which I don't think peanut butter has. Those are my reasons for thinking nutella is superior.

That's all for now, merry Christmas comic vine forum posters!