Loading Video...

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By timelord

I really want to the Supergirl show to be good I just hear about the love triangle stuff and cringe.

Kara is a strong independent Alien women who don't need no man!

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Yale Stewart comic is JL8. He said on facebook that he thinks Little League in Multiversity was just a coincidence.

Could be pulling legs and yanking chains and whatnot, though.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By DrellAssassin

You know I love you guys and the podcast, but... I think it's time to table the diversity discussions. All three of you guys have voiced your opinions on the subject numerous times, and it seems like it takes up 10 minutes from the news segment of nearly every podcast. Diversity issues should definitely be brought up (especially when casting announcements are made), but staying away from the rant about people getting upset by these things would, in my opinion, be beneficial to the podcast going forwards.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

You know I love you guys and the podcast, but... I think it's time to table the diversity discussions. All three of you guys have voiced your opinions on the subject numerous times, and it seems like it takes up 10 minutes from the news segment of nearly every podcast. Diversity issues should definitely be brought up (especially when casting announcements are made), but staying away from the rant about people getting upset by these things would, in my opinion, be beneficial to the podcast going forwards.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15 inferiorego  Staff

@drellassassin: I wish your reply was more...

::sunglasses on::

Diverse.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I couldn't help myself

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tenant was cast as Purpleman in A.K.A. Jessica Jones.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Diverse.

I couldn't help myself

I refuse to listen to the podcast unless you guys add more diversity to the podcast!!!

~MiB

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#18 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego said:

Diverse.

I couldn't help myself

I refuse to listen to the podcast unless you guys add more diversity to the podcast!!!

~MiB

Next week, a turtle is a new guest host

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By d9000
cerial442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

I can understand getting annoyed with complaining, etc. However people think that Secret Wars is a reboot based on Marvel's marketing. Saying things like "Everything ends, and only this new world will exist" make it seem like a reboot.

At my comic store I overheard some customers asking when the Marvel reboot begins, because they heard it on a different news site. They are casual fans, don't keep up with news sites, and only read a few core titles.

So don't get upset with people getting confused with Secret Wars being a reboot when the real problem is Marvel's marketing of it makes it seem that way.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a new question,

What sounds worse on paper? The Fantastic 4 movie or the Supergirl show?

I just do not have confidence that CBS cares enough about the character to make this good.

As for XO Manowar, I know I might be falling into nitpicking territory but if The Vine have mastered time travel wouldn't they use that more to there advantage? I mean they built a ship where time passes EXTREMELY slowly. Someone could travel to the future anytime they want! Plus the crew of the ship don't seem to care about being 1600 years old. Like the soldier who captured Aric or the Priest guy.

I guess I'll stop waiting for an explanation but I think that's kind of a weak plot element.

Oh and I would have taken the Sentient Ship too!

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d9000: It isn't actually time travel in a sense that they control it. The reason he came back to earth so much further in the timeline is because of the theory of relativity. Which was a big part of Interstellar if you saw that. Essentially it means that time moves differently based on the velocity of the observer.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can understand getting annoyed with complaining, etc. However people think that Secret Wars is a reboot based on Marvel's marketing. Saying things like "Everything ends, and only this new world will exist" make it seem like a reboot.

At my comic store I overheard some customers asking when the Marvel reboot begins, because they heard it on a different news site. They are casual fans, don't keep up with news sites, and only read a few core titles.

So don't get upset with people getting confused with Secret Wars being a reboot when the real problem is Marvel's marketing of it makes it seem that way.

I was going to say something very similar to this. Marvel has not made it all that clear what exactly Secret Wars is. Everyone is going off the same assumptions and getting mad at the people who assume it's a reboot is a little silly when you guys are also just making assumptions. I think the term "soft reboot" is exactly what it is. That doesn't mean that it will be a New 52 style reboot with character pasts being erased but certain things are changing. It means that the world will be changed going forward which is exactly what Marvel said. Getting frustrated with the people throwing a hissy fit on the internet is understandable because they are often loud and abundant but at the end of the day (unless you guys know something we don't) we are all just speculating on what this might be. Until it happens, that's all we can do.

Supersmoothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Supersmoothers

No I totally agree. How dare they cast a black Jimmy Olsen. Everybody knows that black people don´t watch T.V (sarcasm)

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By d9000

@syncig:

Oooooooooohhhhhh, I get it I get it..... I don't get it.

But whatever. I still think this rather large plot element was glossed over more than a high school girls lips! (haha, nice one me)

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got to the end of the episode. Awesome job @drellassassin. I lol-ed for real!

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@drellassassin: @d9000: I can't stop laughing atMat's Whining and Crying soundbites!! Haha we need more!!!

~MiB

pwswanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new soundbites make me cringe