• 0:00:00 / 0:00:00
    00:00:00
rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A podcast...my three hour drive back to Albany will be fun. Thanks guys.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@rob1157: you'll have to listen to it twice then. Unless you haven't listened to this week's Super Massive episode yet.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#3  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

No Korey No listen!!!!

WE WANT KOREY!!!

No Caption Provided

rob1157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man:

That is the plan...lol.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@madeinbangladesh: I don't know who Korey is. We've never had a Korey on the show.

Damn i'm getting the two Korey/Corey confused with the one from Spill/Double Toasted.

HashbrownsCV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HashbrownsCV

@g_man: Corran Horn had a dual-phase (extendable length) lightsaber, not Kyle Katarn. None of the games had dual-phase sabers, though it would have been cool.

In Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, Kyle Katarn wielded Qu Rahn's old green lightsaber, and eventually Yun's yellow saber, and in sequels he made his own blue one.

I gotta say, though, I've never heard anyone pronounce Jaina as "Jai-Ayna." I figure since her brother Jacen's name is clearly pronounced the same as "Jason" then hers would be pretty straightforward too, sounding like "Jane-ah" so that both twins have two-syllable names.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I love reading all the impudent internet rage at the new lightsaber shown in the STAR WARS trailer. I think it looks rad. I love the way the energy just erupts out of it. Great for a Sith. This looks like a Crusader-style broad sword. Energy guards makes sense to me. Considering the only thing a lightsaber can't cut through is itself. What good is a guard that can be cut?

I also remember people complaining about Maul's double lightsaber, back in the day.

Another funny complaint I read. One person said they wont see it if the film starts with the Disney logo instead of the 20th Century Fox logo. Disney buying the rights is the only reason we have an opportunity for a great new movie.

I finished re-re-re-reading THE HOBBIT just last month. The reason the book version is so short is because it just summarizes many of the biggest events. Smaug's defeat is told through flashback, and the War of Five Armies is summed up in a paragraph or two. It just explains that Bilbo kills Bolg, gets knocked out, and wakes up after it's all over to discover Thorin is dying for some reason. The book also never explains what Gandalf is up to when he keeps showing up and leaving. I think the book explains it as, "- that's a story for another time."

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Lightsabers, by their very existence, don't make sense to begin with. Beams of energy that only extend to a certain length, can cut through anything but themselves, but don't radiate any ambient heat until the blade touches another object. It defies the laws of physics. None of that matters, because they're just cool.

It's just a bloody hand guard. It makes sense that the guard would be made of the same energy blade, since that's the only thing a lightsaber can't cut through. It's not as if they're saying that all lightsabers are going to be designed like that. So far, it's just this one person with this design. No one has seen this used in combat, so no one can actually say, one way or another, how much sense it makes. People are just flipping out because it's something different.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@foxxfireart: The point is the part of the guard that actually matters isn't actually made of uh "light." When two blades clash, the handguard stops the other blade from sliding down and damaging your hand but the part on that lightsaber is metal so the blade would just cut right through it. It's like Abraham's or whoever designed it went "People like lightsabers so we'll but lightsabers on our lightsabers to give them more lightsabers" and the result doesn't look cool, it just looks goofy and stupid.

No Caption Provided

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

Fine, just continue to live in your angry little world of doubt before you've ever even seen this style of sword used in a single frame of combat.

People also bitched and complained about Maul's double lightsaber when they first saw it in the original trailer. They said it "didn't make sense". Now, people love it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxxfireart: I'm not angry also nice generalization there btw.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By WarDishy_

In Star Wars Rebels, Kanan teaches Ezra how to adjust the length of the lightsaber's blade by using a dial on the hilt. So there's that.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Inferiorego You podcast from home yes? what mike do you use as I have started my own.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@madeinbangladesh said:

@g_man said:

@madeinbangladesh: I don't know who Korey is. We've never had a Korey on the show.

Damn i'm getting the two Korey/Corey confused with the one from Spill/Double Toasted.

How is that even possible?

MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh said:

@g_man said:

How is that even possible?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Extended outro! Yeaaaaaah

LeRizador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loved that trailer..i dont even like star wars movies (comics pro)

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canadian Thanksgiving = October 13th. It's always the second Monday in October. Same turkey time, same turkey channel.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#34 inferiorego  Staff

@timelord said:

@Inferiorego You podcast from home yes? what mike do you use as I have started my own.

Here's the exact mic I use. I paid a lot more for it though. I also have a Nady pop-screen over it, but those are only like $20.

The mic goes through the USB, so if you're planning on running things through a board or mixer, it won't work.

If you do need a mic with XLR capabilities, I use this one, but only because I have it lying around. You pretty much have to be kissing the mic to use it because it cuts out background noise really well, which is great if you live somewhere noisy.

If you're doing interviews on the go, I'd highly recommend investing in something like this. The sound quality is rad.

@d9000 said:

Canadian Thanksgiving = October 13th. It's always the second Monday in October. Same turkey time, same turkey channel.

I'm a terrible half-Canadian

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: Thanks USB is fine for me I just want plug and play at this stage.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By d9000

@d9000 said:

I'm a terrible half-Canadian

Relax buddy, you're all good! (Canadian for "don't worry, it's ok")

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The storm troopers were not all the same clones after the clone rebellion which took place between ROS and NH. The only group that stayed pure was the 501st the rest were taken from various human sample groups.

Novafett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Novafett

Weird, when i click play it does nothing. And under the picture it says the duration and time played is 00:00:00/00:00:00 :(

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novafett: Are you seeing it now? I had the same thing but not sure if it was just fixed or refreshing the page did it.

Novafett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man No go on it working for me but it could just be my wonky internet filter giving me trouble. Thanks for the help attempt though :)

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony and Mat, thank you for saying you were lost with New Avengers. I'm not a genius and i'm not an idiot but I have no idea what's going on in this book yet i'm compelled to continue reading it.