User Lists: 4

Holy $#!%..........

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sorry but dude has some good points. Looking at welfare, incarceration and graduation percentages, black people have NOT come that far as a whole. The government is taking care of a high percentage of blacks. Which makes them lazy. Why work for $8 hr when the government will give you $400 a week for doing nothing. Then when the child sees the parents "getting over" that makes them want to get over and not work for their due. It's a cycle. If it were not for sports and entertainment.... I can only think of a handful of black people that are famous for things other then sports and entertainment. Spike Lee, Bill Cosby have been saying it for years. White people are being taken care of by the government also, no doubt. but at a much lower percentage then black people

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pooty said:

Sorry but dude has some good points. Looking at welfare, incarceration and graduation percentages, black people have NOT come that far as a whole. The government is taking care of a high percentage of blacks. Which makes them lazy. Why work for $8 hr when the government will give you $400 a week for doing nothing. Then when the child sees the parents "getting over" that makes them want to get over and not work for their due. It's a cycle. If it were not for sports and entertainment.... I can only think of a handful of black people that are famous for things other then sports and entertainment. Spike Lee, Bill Cosby have been saying it for years. White people are being taken care of by the government also, no doubt. but at a much lower percentage then black people

So...blacks were better off as slaves? Gotcha. *marks pooty down on racist a**hole list* There's a difference between being a Republican and opposing government handouts, and thinking black people need to go back to picking cotton. You really think the only thing that makes a black family healthy and happy is if they're slaves!?

OP: I was floored when they played this clip on the daily show. It was beyond just "hehehe...that's terrible" and was more like jaw dropping, brain numbing stupidity.

PiofNEPTUNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

"What is Freedom, but for the Free-Dumb, Mr. Bundy seems too have forgotten how these People came into being in the Country in the first-place, he seems too be unawares that they were insidiously promised the ability too help build a Free-Nation, but were subsequently used as the Corner-Stone for Western Capitalism with their almost 400-Hundred Year sojourn building a Great Country for Free, while not even recognized as being even a full-human being. Mr. Bundy needs too seriously be acquainted with a truer version of History, you are entitled too your own Opinions Mr. Bundy, but your are not entitled too just make-up your own Facts, he obviously still sees this World through Rose-colored Glasses and from his own delusional benign-reality, whether past or present" (:)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@pooty said:

So...blacks were better off as slaves? Gotcha. *marks pooty down on racist a**hole list* There's a difference between being a Republican and opposing government handouts, and thinking black people need to go back to picking cotton. You really think the only thing that makes a black family healthy and happy is if they're slaves!?

OP: I was floored when they played this clip on the daily show. It was beyond just "hehehe...that's terrible" and was more like jaw dropping, brain numbing stupidity.

Call me a racist asshole but at least I'm not illiterate like you. NO WHERE DID I SAY OR IMPLY BLACKS WERE BETTER OFF AS SLAVES!!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JakeN7

@pooty: You agreed with what the guy said, and didn't take any offense to his comments about black people needing to go back to picking cotton because black families were happiest as slaves. You said he had "good points," and that was his whole point.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@pooty: You agreed with what the guy said, and didn't take any offense to his comments about black people needing to go back to picking cotton because black families were happiest as slaves. You said he had "good points," and that was his whole point.

Before name calling and making assumptions, it would be best to re-read what I said carefully. I said: he had SOME good points. From Merriams Dictionary

Some: of an unspecified amount or number. a portion but not all.

Though I agreed with "some" of his points, does not mean I agree with his main point.

PiofNEPTUNE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

? is Corporate Welfare and or International Welfare, the equivilent of just basic Welfare, well not hardly, see Corporate and International Welfare is afforded Millions and or Billions, while all the while sustained by the same detractors, whom are the source of all forms of it anyways, yet they see fault where they want too see it, without identifying the true roots and or historical foundations behind the mentality of those, whom also perhaps are somewhat ignorant of the source of their own imposed mental-slavery. Capitalism and Colonialism indeed had twin-effects on certain marginalized factions of this Great Society" (:)

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kgb725

Someone is angry ^^

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Bet someone would assasinate that old man eventually.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Whirlwind_33

HAHAHHA

PS. I'm Black. I guess should now get a offended by this "superior" white man and live my life by his generalizations, misconceived standards, and ideas. Gotcha! On to find to find me some cotton instead of finishing College. LOL

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Try being clearer in the future. It was a minute and a half long video, there weren't many points beyond his main one anyways.

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@jaken7 said:

Before name calling and making assumptions, it would be best to re-read what I said carefully. I said: he had SOME good points. From Merriams Dictionary

Some: of an unspecified amount or number. a portion but not all.

Though I agreed with "some" of his points, does not mean I agree with his main point.

Yeah don't try Pooty up on that racist sh*t. He's not like that. I swear people are literally just waiting to pounce on a comment that, if even slightly misread, can seem racist/homophobic/sexist. As soon as I read "Sorry but" I knew people were gonna call you a racist. Tragic.

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honky

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By superstay
kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: Before Kanye let Taylor swift finish he started off with those same words. Im sorry but.... whatever comes next should be taken in context because the person knows what they are doing

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I cant make out what he is saying. :\

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JakeN7

@bruxae: He's saying that black people just sit around, do nothing, get put in jail, while recieving government handouts and subsidies, all because this generation of black people never learned to pick cotton. He's saying black people were leading happy lives and spending time with their families when they were slaves, so they should go back to being slaves. And @pooty: agreed with "some good points" the guy made. And @marvel_boy2241: thinks I'm over-reacting and being a jerk for accusing pooty of being a tad racist.

Lol.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

@bruxae said:

I cant make out what he is saying. :\

“That’s exactly what I said. I said I’m wondering if they’re better off under government subsidy, and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail, and their older women and their children are standing, sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do, you know, I’m wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were slaves, and they was able to have their family structure together, and the chickens and garden, and the people had something to do? And so, in my mind I’m wondering, are they better off being slaves, in that sense, or better off being slaves to the United States government, in the sense of the subsidies. I’m wondering. That’s what. And the statement was right. I am wondering.”

http://news.yahoo.com/cliven-bundy-stands-by-racially-charged-comments---that-s-exactly-what-i-said-192309857.html

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JakeN7

@ssjdarthplagueis: That is him reiterating his statement. The original one (in the video) had all that, but also said stuff like "they never learned to pick cotton," and stuff. F***ing ridiculous.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: I know. I thought just to put that out too with him saying that he meant what he said in the vid.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjdarthplagueis: Yeah, can't believe he stood by his comment. Obviously not a smart guy. Republican PR reps are wading through a sh*tstorm. I don't envy them.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ehh, go to this. Read SC's post.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dshipp17

@pooty said:

Seriously, though, how would you account for the fact that African Americans have these issues? Are you saying it can be narrowed down to the African American people (e.g. genetics), an issue within the African American culture, institutionalized racism by the majority who's in charge, stereotyping, or something else? It does seem as if you took away sports, entertainment, and the negative issues that you listed that there's a wide perception that few African Americans are doing anything else. However, I know of a number of historically black colleges that have large populations of African Americans looking for a path through education; specifically, I actually attended Tuskegee University for a short stint and this institution is basically a college full of African Americans who aspire to do things in science and engineering, but, what do you think come of all of these African Americans from Tuskegee who earn science degrees, but don't seem to be reflected in the corporate world, Federal, State, and local governments? From the inside, I know, from my personal experience, what became of me, but what about all of these other African Americans who are similar situated to me (e.g. I'm actually mixed race, but spent most of my time within the African American culture)? Were you even aware of these other examples that I'm mentioning? Can the government help by pushing for legislation designed for increasing the options for job applicants to raise claims against prospective employers? Can government also design legislation to help make job training as a vehicle for African Americans into the corporate and government world? Like, redistributing funding from things like food stamps and devote it to this new job training and protections for job applicant reforms?

Although I don't agree with Cliven's implied solutions, I think he can be used as a vehicle to address all of these issues he raised; it's actually a good thing to let these observations and opinions to be aired so that action can be taken; just keeping these things below the radar is making things steadily worse, if you really think about it for a moment. I think he's very brave for standing by his position so that these issues can start to be taken seriously so that initiatives can be taken for solutions

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I think he's implying that it's hereditary. The parents do it, so their kids follow, then their kids follow, and so on. No one's saying there aren't any educated African Americans, but Pooty's comment is referring to the video, and the video is referring to the negative aspects.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dshipp17

@awesam said:

@dshipp17: I think he's implying that it's hereditary. The parents do it, so their kids follow, then their kids follow, and so on. No one's saying there aren't any educated African Americans, but Pooty's comment is referring to the video, and the video is referring to the negative aspects.

By the way, the welfare program no longer exists; I believe that it was abolished back by the mid-90s. Ok, now, lets discuss some solutions to end this hereditary cycle.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jezer

He actually has the cause and effect backwards. "They put their young men in jail because they never learned how to pick cotton"

Its actually, because they were forced to pick cotton for so long + prevented from reading and education + other factors including segregation and poor facilities later on + racism and feelings of inferiority both conscious and subconscious = set back economically + disillusioned with American Society + mostly living in poor neighborhoods + low economic mobility(its hard for people to rise above the class they were born into) = now rely on government assistance

Lol. My parents, who are African Immigrants straight from the motherland, never learned how to pick cotton since they and my other family members weren't enslaved. Yet, engineer + previously chemist who now have a a child in med school and one about to be in law school and another one aspiring to be a doctor.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really, I could care less about what some bigoted old man says, I have better things to do.

However, what he said could apply to any race. There are lazy, government welfare abusers in any ethnicity. White, Latino, Asian, Native American. Back when I worked as a tax preparer in one of my city's lower income areas I saw this all the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cracker.

You know like the ones you eat for a snack.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They're not that bad

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I am white, anything I say on this issue is "racist", so I'll just leave it alone.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17:
Seriously, though, how would you account for the fact that African Americans have these issues?

Finally!! Someone who wants to talk about the issues instead of pretending they don't exist. IMO the problem is African American Culture. I think many Negroes believe that the system is against them. so there is no point in trying. So they believe sports, entertainment or crime (easy money) is the ONLY way to go.

However, I know of a number of historically black colleges that have large populations of African Americans looking for a path through education;

Of course your statement is true......to an extent. There are some blacks who are trying to make a better way for themselves and there family. But is that percentage in the minority or majority? That is the problem. Not enough are trying to change the system. a "few" is not enough.

Were you even aware of these other examples that I'm mentioning?

Of course i'm aware of those examples. but as i said above. statistically speaking they are just a few. Chris Rock said it best years ago: "A black man coming out of jail gets more credit from other BLACK PEOPLE, then a black man graduating from college" Street credit is more valuable then college credits. that is a horrible mentality.

Can the government help by pushing for legislation designed for increasing the options for job applicants to raise claims against prospective employers? Can government also design legislation to help make job training as a vehicle for African Americans into the corporate and government world?

No, the government should not do that. The people who want to excel will. No matter the color.

Like, redistributing funding from things like food stamps and devote it to this new job training and protections for job applicant reforms

All those programs exist. Job Corp exist. Free college tuition exist(for low income families). Computer classes at libraries exist. The opportunities to get ahead exist. People just have to take it.

Since you are around black people do your own little survey. ask any teenager to name 5 black people who are famous NOT due to sports or entertainment and see how many they can name. Have you ever watched B.E.T television? That is supposed to be for the betterment of black people. What programs do they show? Tavis Smiley was the only show that dealt with issues affecting Negroes. His ratings were so low they canceled him or moved him to 2am. Bill Cosby, Spike Lee, Harry Belafonte, Aaron Macgruder are always bringing up these subjects. but no one notices until a racist white guy says something. Black people used to march and protest when they wanted change. They were willing to be attacked by dogs and police to get ahead. If Dr. MLK Jr or Malcolm X was alive today, i think he would be SICKENED by all the squandered opportunities.

@jaken7:

And @pooty: agreed with "some good points" the guy made. And @marvel_boy2241: thinks I'm over-reacting and being a jerk for accusing pooty of being a tad racist.

Marvelboy is completely correct. and even if i am a "tad racist" that does not make anything I said untrue

@marvel_boy2241: Exactly. If you say anything negative about any group, people will attack you without considering the merit of your statements

@jaken7 said:

@pooty: Try being clearer in the future. It was a minute and a half long video, there weren't many points beyond his main one anyways.

No. Try reading in the future. I posted my own points about welfare, incarceration, graduation percentages etc. You were eager to jump on someone, so you jumped without looking

@kgb725 said:

@marvel_boy2241: Before Kanye let Taylor swift finish he started off with those same words. Im sorry but.... whatever comes next should be taken in context because the person knows what they are doing

Just like Kanye I KNEW i was saying something that may not be a popular opinion but needed to be said. and my words were taken out of context. I specifically listed my own points and very little of my post repeated what the man said

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Such ignorance.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: I read what you said, you made some good points. A tad bit harsh though.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Explicit Content. Not Suitable for work.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By buttersdaman000

Is he saying 'n*gger' in the beginning???!

@pooty

Did you just refer to black people as negroes?? Lmao....

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By YodaPrime

@pooty said:

I can agree that as a whole black people could be doing better no doubt. But to blame circumstances on laziness is some absurd ignorance. Environment, peer pressure, and straight up racism can, and has held them back. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy runs a few arby's which clearly he wouldn't hire any blacks.. thus forcing them on welfare. etc. But such attitude is prevalent all over the states.. it's not typically this blatant, but lets be honest, your average person will tense up and lock your car door if you see a black person walking towards it. Kinda makes it hard to achieve anything if everyone is already suspicious of you just for being black. Getting a job is hard enough already, particularly if you're in a shitty neighborhood.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I am white, anything I say on this issue is "racist", so I'll just leave it alone.

This just sounds like what you want to say is going to be racist frankly.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is actually the only thing that needs to be posted in response to this thread

Loading Video...

For those who need to visualize why the person in the video is wrong, instead of reading huge blocks of text.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Ok got bored reading comments. Anyone think he MIGHT be generalizing "picking cotton" with just plain old getting a job not going back to slavery? I know more whites/natives (very little black's here) in the same boat he's talking about and a lot, not all, are there because they get more $ not working. I was there once. I also know it's hard sometimes to get off of that merry-go-round.

@yodaprime: Re him hiring: assuming he is in a position to, almost sounds like he might to help them be happy families again. Maybe I just like looking in the other side here......

Read your comment after I posted but my thoughts remain the same.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Point proven!!! you hear I am white and think I am going to say something racist huh!!! lol

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Blade_R

He is clearly an ignorant uneducated moron, and so is anybody that agrees with him. For starters there are plenty of niggas who are doing better than him financially that it would probably make him sick to his stomach lol. Nigga we made it.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@yodaprime: In regards to the car locking thing, it is really dependent on how you dress, if someone tries to dress like a gangster, then they will be treated as such. No one is going to lock thier door from a black person in a suit, or collared shirt, only ones wearing questionable clothing, I would do the same to a white guy wearing saggy pants and a wife beater.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime: In regards to the car locking thing, it is really dependent on how you dress, if someone tries to dress like a gangster, then they will be treated as such.No one is going to lock thier door from a black person in a suit, or collared shirt, only ones wearing questionable clothing, I would do the same to a white guy wearing saggy pants and a wife beater.

So, I have to wear clothing that doesn't fit your stereotype of a "gangster" so I won't be generalized?

Pft.