Why the hate for MK vs. DC?

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I mean, it wasn't the best game ever but it certainly wasn't the worst.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LaserLambert

Superman had an infinite, Flash had an infinite

Other than that it was fine I liked the story, I played the hell out of it online and all. but it was made at an era where Midway was going under, and it was clear they were likely asked to move the game ahead and forgo lengthy playtesting and no patches were administered afterward.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I havn't seen people hating on it... Who's hating on it?! Who! Face my wrath you gutless swine!

It was actually pretty good imo.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TifaLockhart

"There's no blood! This game sucks!" Paraphrased

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooh. Not a big deal imo.

We have normal Mortal Kombat fans - People who have knowledge on the canon story and are happy to enjoy any game produced by Neatherrealm Studios.

Then we have hardcore Mortal Kombat fans - Who get into the grit of every aspect of the series. "If there is no blood, its not Mortal Kombat!". Have pin up pictures in their bedroom, comics, books, and any other media related to the MKU. Enough stuff to freak a girl out.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never get tired of Jokers gun fatality.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that bad.

InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was a below average fighting game.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn

It was kind of fun...

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

It was alright in my opinion. But yeah, the only hate I hear for this game pretty much amounts to.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was a below average fighting game.

Pretty much this

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a HUGE MK fan and big DC fan I liked it, Midway was actually going to patch the Flash and Superman infinites but due to going bankrupt didn't have the chance. Also, fun fact. Harley Quinn and Quan-Chi were planned as DLC but never happened...

It wasn't the best fighting game, nor the worst. I'd say about the same as MVC3 honestly...fun but perhaps not the best from NRS and Capcom.

One thing I will say that was far better in MKDC compared to MVC games, graphics and storyline. I like how at least NRS thinks of a story with their games and not just puts a bunch of fighters from different universes with no explanation..

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

At the time, I greatly enjoyed it! Going back though, it doesn't live up very well in terms of combat and online capabilities It's rather sluggish and limited in it's roster as well.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XLR87T3

@vaeternus: Yeah, I always like it when it is explained how and why they are even fighting. I think it's retarded if people fight for no reason or explanation whatsoever, which is why I never really liked the Marvel vs Capcom games. You can look at every battle thread I have ever created; I always make a story or explanation for the fights. Not just "Pre-Crisis, 200 ft apart, Morals-On". LAME!!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

@vaeternus: Yeah, I always like it when it is explained how and why they are even fighting. I think it's retarded if people fight for no reason or explanation whatsoever, which is why I never really liked the Marvel vs Capcom games. You can look at every battle thread I have ever created; I always make a story or explanation for the fights. Not just "Pre-Crisis, 200 ft apart, Morals-On". LAME!!

Exactly, some people don't care they figure I guess but a lot of people do care about the story :)

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I didnt really like the control scheme, that said I played the crap out of it.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlr87t3 said:

Exactly, some people don't care they figure I guess but a lot of people do care about the story :)

Actually, I did make one battle thread without a story/explanation. It turn out horrible, so I learned my lesson!