Why can't girls show their skin?

• 60 results
magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was just reading an article about a school in Utah that Photoshoped girls pictures to have their shirts less revealing. But they were just wearing dresses that showed their shoulders. How is that inappropriate? It seems like everyone is out to put as much clothes on girls as possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Society be whack, yo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@hylian: It's Utah, why are you surprised?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: I'm just saying this as society as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Girls show their skin more than anyone.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine008
No Caption Provided

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I personally believe that underage females should cover up just for the simple fact of men being able to know what category they are in at a glance (you know like in the good ole days). Seriously the whole yoga "pant" (cause they are really more like stockings) is out of control at this point. Women don't even wear a long tee, just semi sheer "pants" with a thong. To make sure you can see their azzcrack. The worst part is young girls are dressing like this.

I guess my point is: liberalism - and I am a liberal - like any concept can only be taken so far before it starts to become toxic. "Do-what-ya-like" taken to the extreme is not a good thing.

The yearbook pics were in no way "too much". It was kinda silly. There does have to be some boundary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

I personally believe that underage females should cover up just for the simple fact of men being able to know what category they are in at a glance (you know like in the good ole days). Seriously the whole yoga "pant" (cause they are really more like stockings) is out of control at this point. Women don't even wear a long tee, just semi sheer "pants" with a thong. To make sure you can see their azzcrack. The worst part is young girls are dressing like this.

I guess my point is: liberalism - and I am a liberal - like any concept can only be taken so far before it starts to become toxic. "Do-what-ya-like" taken to the extreme is not a good thing.

The yearbook pics were in no way "too much". It was kinda silly. There does have to be some boundary.

I agree.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JakeN7

@hylian: Yes but...

...Utah =/= society as a whole.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By magnablue

@edblank: Why does it matter what age they are?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Ya I know Utah is society as a whole but I always see article or hear people talking about how girls are being inappropriate by wearing certain clothes that are not inappropriate.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No comment, I'd like to keep my skin to myself. -_-

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Utah, lol what did you expect?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: I am perfectly fine with it if a girl wants to cover herself up but not if other people are trying to make them put every piece of clothing they own on them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: I guess. It's just that using an example of silly Mormons doing the silly things they're known for doesn't help your case.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#16  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

Do you happen to live somewhere hot?

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You couldn't pay me to step foot inside Utah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:

I find it hilarious that the way you describe liberalism (letting people do what they like) is the way my dad describes conservatism.

Most liberals and conservatives believe in the same basic things, they just disagree over what to call them.

Sorry for the tangent, I just thought that was funny.

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: It's just our society. They don't want our females these days wearing skins showing clothing, and looking like so called "Sluts"

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Didn't Walt talk about this in the first episode of Breaking Bad?

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@edblank said:

Ohio. So no. But even if it was hot: why semi sheer instead of opaque? Why not wear a long shirt that at least covers the pelvis? Even a pair of shorts would be cooler and not show ya bizness in the skreets. And even so to all that: why allow underage girls to dress this way?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:
@squares said:

@edblank said:

Ohio. So no. But even if it was hot: why semi sheer instead of opaque? Why not wear a long shirt that at least covers the pelvis? Even a pair of shorts would be cooler and not show ya bizness in the skreets. And even so to all that: why allow underage girls to dress this way?

Don't ask me, man, I don't even wear shorts, I think they're too revealing.

I think the yoga pants thing is because yoga pants are comfy and a decent number of women seem to like showing off their, ahem, assets. Long shirts aren't very in style right now and can be relatively hard to find, which is interesting considering the most popular style of pants is ultra-low rise skinny jeans. Hell, the low-rise skinny jean trend is rather odd itself considering the fact that obesity is a fairly serious problem right now.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do women have to wear bathing suit tops but us men don't? Certainly not because boobs are gross or offensive, most men like boobs. So how did that whole thing start? I was trying to figure this out the other day.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Why do women have to wear bathing suit tops but us men don't? Certainly not because boobs are gross or offensive, most men like boobs. So how did that whole thing start? I was trying to figure this out the other day.

They don't HAVE to, at least not here in Ontario.

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SilverGalford

and why do they have to do it? ( not that i want to support them)

this is more like , why do you hate final fantasy and why can't you love it?.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@blade_r said:

They don't HAVE to, at least not here in Ontario.

Lol im pretty sure in the U.S where I live, they aren't allowed to walk around with their breasts uncovered, like I don't think a women is allowed to go walk around in a mall and shop with her breasts completely exposed. Maybe im wrong who knows lol

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ostyo
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Ya know, I have kinda wondered how that whole thing started too.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because vampires burn in the sun. It's for their own good

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By EdBlank

@racob7 said:
@edblank said:

I find it hilarious that the way you describe liberalism (letting people do what they like) is the way my dad describes conservatism.

Most liberals and conservatives believe in the same basic things, they just disagree over what to call them.

Sorry for the tangent, I just thought that was funny.

But the word Liberal means "Free". A gay rights parade is on the way left (way Liberal). Conservatism is to conserve that which was before. Some conservatives want to conserve America as it was during slavery (this would be way right: way conservative).

SOHH sorry Sport: Even though your dad likes to think conservatism is about freedom, it's not. At least for non whites and or non straight and or non males. Does he think gay people should be free to marry? Does he think groups of people should be free to marry? The extreme liberal position on this matter would be something like marrying a horse. See. If there were no limits to freedom you could do anything including marrying Mr Ed.

While we are on our tangent: if there's any hope for this world we will realize that the people in the center are the sane ones and the far left and far right people are the wingnuts. Whether Demo or Repub, most people are inside the bell on the bell curve. We should really stop letting the vocal wackjobs of either far end set the tone.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Nevada, an overweight man can wear barely anything in public with no issue. A woman without her top can be jailed for being lude. Blame an overly sexualized society.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Ya know, I have kinda wondered how that whole thing started too.

Lol maybe its for their own well being or something. A lot of us men are lustful primitive monsters lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: So I assume you know what I'm inferring : P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank said:
If there's any hope for this world we will realize that the people in the center are the sane ones and the far left and far right people are the wingnuts. Whether Demo or Repub, most people are inside the bell on the bell curve. We should really stop letting the vocal wackjobs of either far end set the tone.

QFT.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@hylian said:

I was just reading an article about a school in Utah that Photoshoped girls pictures to have their shirts less revealing. But they were just wearing dresses that showed their shoulders. How is that inappropriate? It seems like everyone is out to put as much clothes on girls as possible.

Have you never been to Utah?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Showing skin is very, very, very, very, very good.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7 said:
@edblank said:
If there's any hope for this world we will realize that the people in the center are the sane ones and the far left and far right people are the wingnuts. Whether Demo or Repub, most people are inside the bell on the bell curve. We should really stop letting the vocal wackjobs of either far end set the tone.

QFT.

I'll second.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: No I have not been to Utah

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Nah, I just Said That To Guilt Trip ya. I'm from Oregon lol, but I do love visiting beautiful Utah.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Like in the middle east?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian said:

So you don't understand that they as a state, are especially conservative and heavily influenced by the state's religion and do not represent what everyone else is doing.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@hylian said:

So you don't understand that they as a state, are especially conservative and heavily influenced by the state's religion and do not represent what everyone else is doing.

This is one of the reasons I don't like religion

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hylian: I lived there for 12 years. I will never go back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who says girls can't show skin. Just because some state or high school does it, doesn't mean you should go ahead and generalize everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because. People need to cover up their body.

MrStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because of ugly feminists.