Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By andr4132

The title has explained all

I've seen many news, videos and pictures about how stupid teenagers this day

What do comicviners think about this topic?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2 frozen  Moderator

Ignorance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Inexperience. I did some really stupid stuff as a teenager and thankfully learned from many of my mistakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As a teenager I feel biased, but I don't think we're stupid. Or at least not more than any previous generations of teenagers. So it's nothing new. Now we just see more of their stupidity because of social media and the internet. Teenagers 30 years ago did the same stupid stuff we do, but it wouldn't travel the internet where everybody could see it. So that explains why you see so many videos and pictures about how teenagers are stupid nowadays.

And, on top of that the bad examples of teenagers kinda make a generalization for all of us. The idiots make the rest of us seem bad as a whole.

But hey, I'm a stupid teenager. What do I know? :P

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheBlondeGod

Onision! Well, he did explain it all.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not all are. But the bad overshadow the good.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lack of experience in certain areas.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I am 24 and I can't say all teenagers are stupid. Its just the majority of them seem to follow suit nowadays. When I was a teenager I saw all people around my age doing stupid things I just never joined in and there are teenagers that do the same.

People say that teenagers are supposed to do stupid things but I don't think they do. Just because people expect it, doesn't mean it should happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their brains are literally not even fully developed yet.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry Christmas to you too.

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cause our frontal cortex still looks like soup so our decision making skills tend to not factor in the bad stuff!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MonsterStomp
No Caption Provided

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mandarinestro

As a teenager I disagree. This website alone has many teenagers who deserve my respect more than other older people who troll on the internet.

I can confidently say that I don’t follow the wave. I don’t tumblr, I'm not a terrorist, I don’t get high, I don't spam Comic Vine, I don’t drink, I haven't had sex with others than my right hand, I haven't gotten any girl pregnant (and don't plan to anytime soon), and I don’t joyride despite having a motorcycle.

I understand why many people hate this era. 90's and 80's were so much better than this decade, and this is coming from a 16 year old. The movies, especially are so much trash. I don’t know what happened to the music either cause we have so many pervert songs.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Nothing wrong with that. I was a teenager and was categorised, and I agreed. I thought we were stupid in general, we all have had a stupid moment and its normal. You can't play on the safety line and learn from the lack of mistakes made. Gotta make mistakes.

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inexperience. I did some really stupid stuff as a teenager and thankfully learned from many of my mistakes.

This is what i experience right now b>v<d

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Inexperience and impulsiveness

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hormones?

Beata

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not stupid, but a great deal of my peers are complete idiots. It amazes me how unintelligent the majority of people are.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I do agree with the video that parents raise their kids as a self reflection of themselves (bad habits & so forth) but some teenagers are just mentally screwed up no matter what.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, all of you super-genius adults, I have an idea! Stop blaming the younger generation for your inability to teach them worldly lessons.

Maybe if you adults would spend more time teaching and less time complaining about how teenagers are doing all the stupid stuff that you did when you were younger, maybe teenagers wouldn't be so stupid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what they say: you can't be old and wise if you were never young and stupid.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

Hey, all of you super-genius adults, I have an idea! Stop blaming the younger generation for your inability to teach them worldly lessons.

Maybe if adults would spend more time teaching and less time complaining about how teenagers are doing all the stupid stuff that you did when you were younger, maybe they wouldn't be so stupid.

So teenagers, despite nearing adulthood, can't formulate decisions on their own? Apparently, you still need our guidance, like children?

Way to point the blame.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

You know what they say: you can't be old and wise if you were never young and stupid.

And now you change your opinion?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid parents and Kanye West

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twilight

Justin biber

Tiler swift

I blame all this on you freaking 13 yearolds

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Because we've had to grow up in this screwed up world you adults made for us!

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modern day T.V, and Music

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By rev_sulphur

I think people who ask these type of questions are stupid.

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldn't say we are stupid, but we think we know everything , Hormones. Inexperience , etc.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 the_stegman  Moderator

Peer pressure. They see their friends doing dumb things, so they do it too.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@mandarinestro: There's nothing wrong with this generation. It's just different.

Anyways, to OP, teenagers aren't stupid, we're just growing and still learning.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You can't fix stupid"-Ron White

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dshipp17

@monsterstomp said:

@leo-343: Nothing wrong with that. I was a teenager and was categorised, and I agreed. I thought we were stupid in general, we all have had a stupid moment and its normal. You can't play on the safety line and learn from the lack of mistakes made. Gotta make mistakes.

I like this post; depending on the context of your circumstances, as a person, you have to take risks, make mistakes, and gain experience from your mistakes. Although I took fewer risks as a teenager and young adult, I learned from the few mistakes I made, while I was in those age groups. One mistake was getting a credit card around about when I was 19 or 20. Please young folks, do not get a credit card before you have graduated from college and have landed your first job; it ruins a lot of opportunities, including getting into your first home with a mortgage.

Although I was not irresponsible with my credit cards, I used them when I was about to graduate from college with a 4 year degree; I had an internship lined up and a work study program lined up; things went a little different than I expected; when I was out of school, I had a $49 credit card bill; I found out that finding my first employment was not as easy as I thought; thinking about your first job and planning for it was not popular and cool when I was in school; so, I half did seeking employment; I chose internships instead of co-ops, for example; it was cool to get the 4 year degree on time; so, when I was out of school, I did not have a company waiting for me (although I could have, were it not for another regret in my life) and I did not have sufficient experience to land my first job (e.g. this is that catch-22 that most young people will face, when graduating from college). So, I struggled to land my first job for a whole year, where housing arrangements did not go as planned; through a lot of prayers and being humbled, as a young man, I finally landed my first job, after about a year of searching, perhaps extended by my unstable housing situation, also, meaning a phone where I could be reached.

After I'd landed my first job, that $49 credit card bill had ballooned up to about $2700; this happened with about 2 other credit cards; I also had student loans. But, I learned a hard lesson that could only be gained through experience.

I find that there are many lessons in life that are just as unavoidable, no matter what precautions you take and despite what advise you receive. Under other circumstances, I know other people who might have done something like committing suicide, had they faced the humbling experience I faced, soon after leaving college. Over the past several years, I've had to let many opportunities pass to bring myself out of my current financial struggles, because of my credit score; I missed out on getting legal help, which might have greatly shortened my current struggles, because of my credit score; my current struggles are much more enhanced compared to the humbling experience that I faced right after leaving school; most other men would be broken now and might have committed suicide (e.g. I'm factoring in the huge fall from prestige that I experienced). But, I'm able to deal with it a lot better, because of mistakes I made as a teenager and young adult which molded me into better being able to deal with the mistakes. Because of those mistakes, I'm able to better avoid other potential mistakes and falling into a pitfall that most adults could not escape, leading to their suicides.

Through a lot of perseverance and being better able to face and avoid mistakes, I'm in a slightly better place, financially, right now, but I still have a mountain to climb to regain the prestige that I once enjoyed. The older you get, the more mistakes you face and those mistakes are much harder on your judgement call, than when you're a teenager and young adult, although the mistakes you face as a teenager and young adult can ultimately have a much more profound impact on your life (e.g. you're only young once, so you can only choose an educational and career path only so many times, unless, of course, you make a mistake as a teenager or young adult that eliminates even these options; when you get older, these crossroads are much more frequent, while the clock winds down on you). Without those mistakes, you'll become a very fragile individual, unless your parents are well off or wealthy; the trick is to minimize placing yourself in the predicaments to make those mistakes as much as possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

As a teenager I feel biased, but I don't think we're stupid. Or at least not more than any previous generations of teenagers. So it's nothing new. Now we just see more of their stupidity because of social media and the internet. Teenagers 30 years ago did the same stupid stuff we do, but it wouldn't travel the internet where everybody could see it. So that explains why you see so many videos and pictures about how teenagers are stupid nowadays.

And, on top of that the bad examples of teenagers kinda make a generalization for all of us. The idiots make the rest of us seem bad as a whole.

But hey, I'm a stupid teenager. What do I know? :P

Most teenagers don't think they're stupid, but when they get older, they look back at themselves and cringe. That's what I sometimes do, and that's what I'll probably do when I'm older and look back at how I was in my twenties. My point is, we're always learning and growing, and no matter what, when we look back at ourselves, we'll think we were stupid.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Teenagers will be teenagers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

Maybe if adults would spend more time teaching and less time complaining about how teenagers are doing all the stupid stuff that you did when you were younger, maybe they wouldn't be so stupid.

So teenagers, despite nearing adulthood, can't formulate decisions on their own? Apparently, you still need our guidance, like children?

Way to point the blame.

You missed my point. Teenagers are just old kids. They can make their own opinions, and their opinions reflect what they've been taught.

Yes, I point the blame at adults who fail to teach their children properly.

Note: I do agree that many teenagers are stupid. Unfortunately, the stupid outnumber the smart. However, it is largely unfair to generalize all teenagers as being stupid, especially when a large majority of the stupid ideas in history were fabricated by adults.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Their brains are not fully developed so their judgment is not to the level of an adult's. However there are some exceptions.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41  Edited By deadcool_XD

I wonder what Rush Limbaugh would have to say about this.

No Caption Provided

Funny cas I'm pretty sure he was one of those teens that didn't mature.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dont know about others but i ve always been smart since 1998(3y).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teenagers for the most part aren't anymore stupid or immature when compared to the majority of adults. For some reason society feels the need to categorized people and create molds for they are supposed to stereotypically ac based on things like sex, gender, race, etc. and for teenaged people, the archetype built for where our behavior is supposed to fall into is that we try to know more than we actually do, have no understanding of the world, are unable to consider through options and make rational decisions, etc. As with all stereotypes that create a conventional mold for an entire group of people, it fails to take into account different upbringings, people individually maturing faster/developing themselves as people slower, how culture can impact how a person matures, etc. When you also consider things like that neuroscience studys have shown that there are parts of the brain that don't mature until the 30 and 40's, I suppose people in their 20's and such are too stupid to do things like vote, enter the military, etc.? Yes, teenagers are still developing themselves as people and are not completely well balanced yet(Something that can honestly be said about a large amount of "adults") but to try use simply age to make a complete character/intelligence judgement of a person is the epitome of backwards and supercilious thinking that holds back people relations, and someone who goes along with that line of thinking is truly still a child themselves.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Wolverine008

Their brains are not fully developed so their judgment is not to the level of an adult's. However there are some exceptions.

Well, if we go down that route, there are parts of the human brain that don't completely mature until the late 20's and even 30's and 40's, so should we hypothesize that all 20 somethings as idiots?

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There brains arent fully developed yet.

chipj15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what was the point of this thread? To discuss the stupidity of teenagers? I have a feeling your just a lonely 40 year old man who sits at his computer all day complaining about people.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

@wolverine08: We shouldn't, as there are some teens who do develop fast there are adults who are slow with their development. Also, I don't agree with the op calling them idiots (I didn't even watch the video provided), I came in to suggest that there is a slight truth in what the op said though. Mainly because of the Prefrontal Cortex handles decision making and regulates emotions, two things teens are notorious for staggering at (though not all teens) and this portion of the brain develops later in life.

So scientifically speaking and not by the method the op intended, teens are more prone to acting out than adults. I wouldn't call them idiots though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being an 18 year old

I don't think we're stupid, I think we just do stupid things. I think teenagers make the stupid decisions when they're teenagers so that when you're an adult, you have a better understanding of how life works. At least that's what I get out of it, my friends who make stupid decisions do it and when I ask why it's all about now being the time to do it as opposed to later in life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stupid people are stupid.