Who were the red-haired giants of early North America? WTF???

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Edited By turoksonofstone

On the earth there once were giants.”
- Greek poet Homer, 400 B.C.E.

Few Americans alive today are aware that once real giants roamed this land – giant red-haired humans. Most Americans believe that the Native Americans were the first to inhabit the North American continent. Yet there were others – a much more ancient race that walked the hills and valleys, the plains and deserts of the pre-Colombian Americas.

Evidence of giant humans – people seven to twelve feet tall – exists in the fossil records, tools and other artifacts recovered from archaeological digs. Giant skeletal remains have awed and sometimes frightened researchers and explorers as far back as the Sixteenth Century.

Some present day Native American tribes still recite the legends of the giants and how their ancestors fought wars against them when they arrived in North America 15,000 years ago only to find the giants already here. Others, like the Aztecs and Mayans recorded their encounters with a race of giants to the north when they ventured out on expeditions.

European explorers meet living giants

The earliest Western explorers who wrote about the giants of North America included Magellan, Sir Francis Drake, Spanish explorer Desoto, and Commodore Byron the grandfather of the famous poet, Lord Byron.

Not all encounters with giants were post-mortems. A well-documented sighting by Magellan occurred in 1520 near the harbor of San Julian, Mexico. There, Magellan and his crew came upon a red-haired giant that stood nearly ten feet tall and whom Magellan described as having a “voice like a bull.” Later, Magellan learned from normal-sized natives that the giant belonged to a neighboring tribe. Remarkably, Magellan’s logs show that he and his crew captured two of these living giants and brought them aboard his ship intending to bring them back to Europe. Unfortunately the giants grew ill and they both died during the return voyage. Magellan had their remains buried at sea.

Fifty-eight years later giants still roamed San Julian. None other than Sir Francis Drake recorded encountering several red-haired men who stood over nine feet tall. In the years that followed many more explorers and seafarers also reported seeing giants roaming that area.

Two lesser known explorers, Jacob le Maire and Wilhelm Schouten, discovered an intact skeleton of a pair of nine-foot humans. They each entered meticulous descriptions of the skeletons in their journals.

If a race of mostly red-haired giants dwelled in the Americas for many centuries, wouldn’t their remains and artifacts – not to mention the sites where they lived – still remain? They do! And many are found in the “mounds.”

The mysterious mounds and mound builders

The mounds (some are flattened pyramidal structures) are ceremonial and religious sites that have been covered over with earth as the centuries marched forward. Most mounds resemble small, flattened hills.

The mounds are scattered throughout the Midwest from as far south as Tennessee stretching northwards into Wisconsin, westwards to Oklahoma, and eastwards into West Virginia. Excavation of most mounds has unearthed many artifacts and the remains of average-sized humans. But older mounds have been discovered containing the skeletal remains of giants . . . giants with red hair. Yet, in relation to the number of the mounds that exist barely any have been investigated. The few gigantic skeletons found in some have been derisively dismissed or suppressed as aberrations. Ten and twelve foot humans do not fit dogmatic theories. Usually when giant skeletons are found they’re laughed off as hoaxes. Unfortunately orthodox science has too much to lose by investigating the mounds thoroughly.

Archaeologists cannot deny that the mound builders are real. What they deny are the things sometimes discovered inside the mounds. Over the past century and a half it’s been revealed again and again that some of the mounds – and the small pyramids – are the burial grounds of huge men often eight feet or taller that had a very sophisticated culture. Some of the giants have been found wearing intricate leather armor and have been buried with swords. One such giant was found near Spiro Mound in Oklahoma during the 1930s.

A Smithsonian conspiracy?

Sadly, there is evidence to suggest that the preeminent Smithsonian Institute has itself acquired artifacts and the remains of giants and then quietly suppressed knowledge of their acquisition. An odd story from the late Ivan T. Sanderson, a popular author of many books and respected zoologist, supports the allegation some make that the Smithsonian has had a penchant for burying inconvenient artifacts since the 1800s.

Sanderson received a letter from a former Navy Seabee who’d been posted at a base on one of the Aleutian Islands southeast of mainland Alaska during the Second World War. The Seabee was an engineer and had overseen a crew building a new airstrip. During the construction a small group of hills (possibly mounds) had been razed by a bulldozer. To their astonishment the crew discovered human remains. The unsuspecting Seabees uncovered the rest of the “hills” and revealed an ancient graveyard containing the bones of giants. Most of the surviving bones were skulls and the remains of thigh bones.

The Seabee’s letter described the site in some detail and then went on to mention that the skulls measured an incredible two feet from their bases to their crowns, much larger than normal human skulls. By extrapolation the engineer concluded that the actual men had stood as high as twelve to fourteen feet.

Always the intrepid investigator at heart, Sanderson sought confirmation and corroboration. He contacted other members of that military unit and received another reply. The second letter from one of the crew members basically reiterated the engineer’s story.

Both letters Sanderson had received asserted that the Smithsonian Institute had been sent the giants’ remains. Each man also mentioned that they had never heard anything further about the matter. Nothing had ever been publicized about it. When Sanderson contacted the Smithsonian they replied that they had no record of ever receiving any such skeletal remains.

Convinced that the Smithsonian had obtained the shipment from the Navy men in the Aleutians, Sanderson puzzled over the reason why the Institute lied, “Is it that these people [the Smithsonian Institute] cannot face rewriting all the text books?”

Giants in Marion County, West Virginia

Researcher and crypto-archaeologist Dave Cain has studied the records concerning discoveries of ancient giants that have been excavated in and around Marion County, West Virginia: “Of the many archaeological mysteries, one of the most enigmatic has been discoveries of giant prehistoric human skeletons.

“Marion County was home to part of the ancient civilization which historical accounts and artifacts indicate existed in this region. What mysterious people constructed earthen forts, burial mounds, macadamized roadways? Who left pictographs, inscribed stones and giant skeletons to be discovered?

“In the 1850s while excavating a root cellar in Palatine (East Fairmont), workers uncovered two very large human skeletons. Measuring the bones, people were amazed to find the entombed humans had been more than eight feet tall.

“It was reported that hundreds of ancient pieces of pottery, flint weapons, stone carvings and skeletons were peddled at the Valley Falls railroad station. Some of the finest specimens were purchased by visiting German royalty and taken to Europe as curios.

“In 1875 workmen were constructing a bridge near the mouth of Paw Paw Creek at Rivesville. While digging through heavy clay soil they were astonished to uncover three giant skeletons [with] strands of reddish hair clinging to the skulls. A local doctor was called to examine the remains. The doctor was able to ascertain after careful measurement that the skeletons were approximately eight feet in length. “There have been many historical references to a mystic race of giant red-haired humans inhabiting this continent in the distant past.”

Report by the San Diego Union

According to the San Diego Union, August 5, 1947, the mummified remains of giants were discovered buried near the Arizona-Nevada-California wasteland. The giants’ remains were still clothed in strange garments. The team of explorers tentatively dated the remains as nearly 18,000 years old.

The year was 1931 and a retired Cincinnati doctor, F. Bruce Russell, accidentally found several tunnels located near Death Valley. Unable to return to the area until 1947, he solicited the assistance of Dr. Daniel S. Bovee – the man who had revealed New Mexico’s cliff dwellings to the world via several lengthy articles appearing in National Geographic Magazine. With Dr. Bovee’s help, Dr. Russell recovered the remains of several giants with heights ranging from eight to nine feet.

“These giants,” said Hill, “are clothed in garments consisting of a medium length jacket and trouser extending slightly below the knees. The texture of the material is said to resemble gray dyed sheepskin, but obviously it was taken from an animal unknown [to us] today.”

Who were these mysterious people that roamed America long before the Woolly Mammoths became extinct? Were they our ancestors or another race of humans like the Neanderthals? Some researchers notice strong similarities with large brained Cro-magnon man.

Not much more is known about these giants of North America beyond what I’ve shared here except for one more interesting fact. About twenty years ago in northern China a university’s archaeological dig stumbled upon the burial grounds of twenty-two strange, gigantic men. Each giant had once stood over ten feet high and each was garbed in strange leather armor; around their skulls hung long strands of hair. . . Red hair.(taken from ArticleSafari.com)

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By turoksonofstone

??????????????
 ??????????????

This is a Pre-Photoshop Image.
 This is a Pre-Photoshop Image.

No Caption Provided
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By whacknasty
@turoksonofstone:
Wow...interesting read.  Well, I think there are/was still a lot of  things out in the world we don't know about.  At least three times this year I recall reading about completely new discoveries of species somewhere in the world. 

Those usually happened in the deep part of the ocean or heavily jungled areas where exploration is near impossible, but I'm sure there could be things/areas on the main continents that we just haven't been able to get to... 

It seems like you are kind of bothered by them having red hair...? Lol
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By turoksonofstone
@whacknasty said:
" @turoksonofstone: Wow...interesting read.  Well, I think there are/was still a lot of  things out in the world we don't know about.  At least three times this year I recall reading about completely new discoveries of species somewhere in the world.  Those usually happened in the deep part of the ocean or heavily jungled areas where exploration is near impossible, but I'm sure there could be things/areas on the main continents that we just haven't been able to get to...  It seems like you are kind of bothered by them having red hair...? Lol "
I am bothered that our museums would suppress things they knew to be fact.
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By whacknasty
@turoksonofstone: I understand, just poking fun a bit about the red hair stuff. 

Yeah, it is sad that what the "truth" is can be decided for people by the government and its institutions.  Same thing with various history books used in schools, a lot of it can be argued against or even proven to be flat out wrong, but the text isn't changed and whole generations are fed lies and fabrications.  For what reasons, I don't know, but when you control what a person takes as "truth" then you control that person on a whole... 

I guess the only way to do something about it is what you have done here. Present facts from sources that are not considered looney or conspiracy theorists (which can be hard if the government sets out to label them as such), and give people an option. either they will choose to be blind sheep, or something inside of them will spark and they will want to know more.
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turoksonofstone
@whacknasty:
Thanks. I hear you. They Found some of these Giant Ginger bones in a cave where a pre-Columbian Indian tribe in the Northwest  had killed them by setting a huge fire at the mouth of the cave to cause the sleeping giants to asphyxiate. The Giants had been EATING(?) members of their tribe. These same giants were also found in China. WTF? It's so damn fascinating! Makes you wonder what the not too distant past  was   REALLY like?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
wow... this is some crazy stuff here dude
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By turoksonofstone

No Caption Provided

There were giants in the earth in those days

This is a fascinating area of research. The Biblical record speaks of human "giants" of unusually tall stature. And there are stories of giants in the myths, legends, and history of many other early human cultures all over the world. Granted, there may be some hoaxery embedded in the research and archaeology by those trying to suppress this information in order to attempt to discredit the issue, but there are certainly many genuine archaeological finds. Below is a well-written and interesting article, which may act as an introduction to the subject.

Genesis 6:4: "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." (KJV)

Numbers 13:33: "And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." (KJV)

King Og of Bashan, spoken of in Deuteronomy 3:11, had an iron bedstead approximately 14-feet by 6-feet wide. King Og was believed to be at least 12-feet tall.

Deuteronomy 3:11: "For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man."

A cubit is believed to be equal to around 18-21" (1.5 - 1.75 ft).
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Human Giants

By Garry Nelson

Walking in the footsteps of giants

For most people their first giant encounter was most likely with David and Goliath, Jack and the Beanstalk, or some other bed time story. For me it was different.

When I was very small, not yet five, I lay on my grandmother's lap late on a Saturday night watching Creature Features, hosted by Bob Wilkins. I grew up in Nevada. We received much of the California broadcasting. There was no cable in those days. The movie we were watching had a giant in it. My grandmother commented that my great grandfather was a giant. I asked if she meant my grandpa with the one hand. I thought she meant him because he was six and a half feet tall. She said, “No, that is your grandfather. I'm talking about your great grandfather, he was much bigger.”

I am told that my great grandfather was seven feet tall or more and could grab people by their head with one hand his finger tips resting on their eyebrows his palm on the base of their skull, he would guide them as he pleased. My mother reports that his ears were between six and seven inches from top to bottom. I was told how he had a horse that was six feet high at the back and he could be seen over the saddle from the shoulders up. That's a big man.

The interesting thing is, through my life from grade school to adulthood, I have met with different people who could not believe the story of my great grandfather's size. From polite people who I could feel thought I was telling tall tales, (Pun intended.) to people who flat out called me a liar or an idiot. This compelled me to do a lot of giant research in my teens.

Red-Haired Giants of Nevada

Growing up in Nevada I had heard stories of the Sitecah from the Paiute Indians that lived in the area. They told of red-haired men and women of light colored skin as tall as 12 feet who originally lived in the area when the Paiutes had first arrived. Evidently these human giants liked to eat the Indians so they had problems making friends. The Indian tribes of the area finally joined and ambushed the giants killing most of them on the spot. The remaining giants took refuge in a cave. The Indians demanded they come out and fight but the giants refused. So, the Indians piled brush into the cave and set it on fire. Any giants that did run out were shot with arrows, the remaining giants were asphyxiated.

In the 1800s this cave was known as Horse Shoe Cave but is now called Lovelock Cave. Lovelock cave is located around 20 miles South of Lovelock Nevada.

Lovelock Cave Giant Jaw Comparison

In 1911 bat guano harvesters started working in this same cave. After digging out four feet of guano they found many broken arrows that the Indians had fired into the cave as well as other interesting artifacts, and yes, they found red-haired giants. Even in the shrunken mummified condition the skeletons ranged in height from 8 feet to just under 12 feet. I did an internet search on this subject and found that the reported heights are very different from what I am stating here. (Internet says 6.5 feet to 8 feet.) My account is from what I was told growing up in Nevada. I will leave it up to you to decide on the heights based on the photo of one of the cave giant's jaw bone and dental cast of a regular man's teeth. Most of the artifacts have been lost over time due to lack of interest from science. Go figure. However some of the artifacts are in the Humboldt Museum at Winnemucca Nevada and in the Nevada State Historical Society's museum at Reno.

The Review-Miner June 19, 1931 Reported the find of two giant skeletons in the Humboldt lake bed. Both skeletons were wrapped in a gum treated fabric. The first skeleton was 8 and one half feet tall, the second was just under 10 feet tall.

In 1877 prospectors outside of Eureka Nevada found a human leg broken off four inches above the knee cap including the foot. This leg was found sticking out of solid red quartzite rock dating from the time of the dinosaurs. After using their picks to extract their find from the rock they took it to Eureka. Medical doctors examined the bones and stated that it did indeed belong to a human of very modern appearance. The interesting part was the size of the bones. They measured from heel to knee 39 inches. The owner would have stood over 12 feet tall. The area was searched for more remains but nothing else was found. This story was heavily published in the newspapers of the time.

Olowalu Maui Hawaii Petroglyphs

Red-Haired Giants of Hawaii

For over 20 years now I have been living in the islands of Hawaii. Only a few years after I had first moved here I again heard about red-haired giants. Two giant 10 and 12 foot red-haired skeletons were found in a lava cave in a canyon behind Olowalu Hawaii. I drove out to Olowalu to see what I could find out. After making my way off the main road onto the old road. I turned up the canyon in which I had been told the research was happening. After a little exploring I found some excellent though strange petroglyphs on the side of a rock out cropping. I was just able to take a few pictures before a white SUV drove up with a man and a woman in it. The woman was driving. The woman told me that I would have to leave the area. After talking with her for a few minutes she admitted that Red-haired skeletons had been found and that they were much larger than they should be. She would not tell me any exact measurements. She did say that they did not want to upset the Hawaiians with their discoveries. The man never spoke even when I greeted him.

It should be noted that although there is the spirit of Pele that is the Goddess of fire believed to live in the volcano. Pele started out as a physical Pele that traveled the islands. She is described as extremely tall with fiery red hair, fair skin, great strength, incredible beauty, veracious sexual appetite and a deadly temper. It is mentioned that Pele's father is the man-eater Ku-waha-ilo who dwells in the far off heavens. Pele traveled the islands of Hawaii digging underground tunnels in an effort to find a spot that she could dig deep caves that did not flood with water so she could make a safe home for her family.

Several days after meeting the man and woman in the SUV, I went back at night. More than anything I wanted to see exactly where the discovery was. This time I took a sugar cane road in from another direction. I four wheeled it in so that I would be on the ridge above the canyon on top of the rock outcropping with the petroglyphs. I was not there very long before headlights came on below me and started working their way to me. I knew I could be gone before they could get to me but I figured I just as well go meet them. It turned out to be a local guy who was hired as security to guard the site. He told me that Yes, two giants were found. A man and a woman, the big one was easily 12 feet. He did not like staying all night in the canyon it gave him the willies. I kept him company for a while and he told me where the cave was. Not that it mattered they covered it completely when they were done. Even now the area where I had driven my truck on the ridge to look into the canyon is a housing development.

Close but no cigar. Now, as interesting as the Hawaiian part of my story is the giant's size is not first-hand and there is no evidence. So, it does not really count as proof of a race of giants.

Giants in Peru

Recently I took a trip to Peru and guess what jumped out at me in some of the museums I visited there? Yes, it was giants. In Peru they are not whisked away like they are in the USA. (It should be noted that there have been hundreds of giant discoveries in the USA that have been either ignored or taken into custody by the Smithsonian never to be seen again.) The Incas actually had kings that were giants and had red and blond hair. In the Gold Museum in Lima you can still see the clothing and head of an Incan king who stood an easy 10 feet tall. His golden robe is 8 feet long and did not touch the ground when he wore it. His gold gloves are twice as long as my hands. His dried and mummified head is easily twice the size of mine and I'm not a little person. There are two giants and their belongings in the Gold Museum in Lima Peru. Everywhere you go in Peru there are giant skulls and skeletons. Many of the skulls are not normal looking either, and they are not all thousands of years old. In most cases we are talking hundreds of years.

Peru Egypt Comparison

I think it is interesting to compare the Peruvian skulls to the Egyptian busts especially when you think they both built massive structures of stone that we can't explain. Does it prove anything? No, just interesting.

Ica Museum Skulls Peru

Now, before you start yelling about head binding and Indian cradle boards. You should know that head binding and cradle boarding can change the shape of a skull but it cannot change the capacity of a skull. The skulls shown above and to the right have from two to two and a half times the brain capacity of a normal skull. Sort of like an ounce of clay. You can mash it around all you want but it will never be two ounces of clay.

National Geographic Photo From the 1920s

I have tried to keep this within the realm of my own experiences. There is so much more to this. Like the 64 pound sledge hammer found in a 3500 year old copper mine near the town of Llandudno in North Wales. Giant axes unearthed in Iran, Giant swords, etc.You could read for weeks on the subject of giants and if your mind is anything like mine enjoy every minute of it. I would suggest googeling Solomon Island giants, red haired giants, Arizona giants, California giants, Ohio giants, Peruvian giants.

I could go on forever about giants but the fact is Science says that races of giant humans do not exist and never have.

I sure wish they would stop leaving their stuff lying around.

Yes, I know my grandmother should not have let a 5 year old watch creature features.

Mt Blanco Fossil Museum Giant Femur

National Geographic Photo from the 1920s

Standing Tall in the Land of Genghis Khan

Roy Chapman Andrews took this photograph of 7 foot five inch man in 1922 in Ulaanbaatar. The photograph was never published in the magazine.
Avatar image for metatron_da_don
Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

No Caption Provided

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turoksonofstone
@Metatron_Da_Don: 

funny.
 funny.
Avatar image for metatron_da_don
Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don
@turoksonofstone said:

" @Metatron_Da_Don: 

funny.
 funny.
"
I dont know why that's funny, after all

It's all true...
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By turoksonofstone
 heh.
 heh.
  Giant Skeletons

• In his book, The Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee, author John Haywood describes "very large" bones in stone graves found in Williamson County, Tennessee, in 1821. In White County, Tennessee, an "ancient fortification" contained skeletons of gigantic stature averaging at least 7 feet in length. Giant skeletons were found in the mid-1800s near Rutland and Rodman, New York. J.N. DeHart, M.D. found vertebrae "larger than those of the present type" in Wisconsin mounds in 1876. W.H.R. Lykins uncovered skull bones "of great size and thickness" in mounds of Kansas City area in 1877. George W. Hill, M.D., dug out a skeleton "of unusual size" in a mound of Ashland County, Ohio. In 1879, a nine-foot, eight-inch skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana(Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975) A six foot, six inch skeleton was found in a Utah mound. This was at least a foot taller than the average Indian height in the area, and these natives- what few there were of them -were not mound builders. "A skeleton which is reported to have been of enormous dimensions" was found in a clay coffin, with a sandstone slab containing hieroglyphics, during mound explorations by a Dr everhart near Zanesville, Ohio.(American Antiquarian, v3, 1880, pg61) Ten skeletons "of both sexes and of gigantic size" were taken from a mound at Warren, Minnesota, 1883. (St. Paul Pioneer Press, May 23, 1883) A skeleton 7 feet 6 inches long was found in a massive stone structure that was likened to a temple chamber within a mound in Kanawha County, West Virginia, in 1884. (American Antiquarian, v6, 1884 133f. Cyrus Thomas, Report on Mound Explorations of the Bureau of Ethnology, 12th Annual Report, Smithsonian Bureau of Ethnology, 1890-91) A large mound near Gasterville, Pennsylvania, contained a vault in which was found a skeleton measuring 7 feet 2 inches. Inscriptions were carved on the vault. (American Antiquarian, v7, 1885, 52f) click here for full article In 1885, miners discovered the mummified remains of woman measuring 6 feet 8 inches tall holding an infant. The mummies were found in a cave behind a wall of rock in the Yosemite Valley. click here for full article In Minnesota, 1888, were discovered remains of seven skeletons 7 to 8 feet tall. (St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 29, 1888) A mound near Toledo, Ohio, held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people," and besides each was a large bowl with "curiously wrought hieroglyphic figures." (Chicago Record, Oct. 24, 1895; cited by Ron G. Dobbins, NEARA Journal, v13, fall 1978) The skeleton of a huge man was uncovered at the Beckley farm, Lake Koronis, Minnesota; while at Moose Island and Pine City, bones of other giants came to light. (St. Paul Globe, Aug. 12, 1896) In 1911, several red-haired mummies ranging from 6 and a half feet to 8 feet tall were discovered in a cave in Lovelock, Nevada. click here for the full article In February and June of 1931, large skeletons were found in the Humboldt lake bed near Lovelock, Nevada. The first of these two skeletons found measured 8 1/2 feet tall and appeared to have been wrapped in a gum-covered fabric similiar to the Egyptian manner. The second skeleton was almost 10 feet long.(Review - Miner, June 19, 1931) A 7 foot 7 inch skeleton was reported to have been found on the Friedman ranch, near Lovelock, Nevada, in 1939.(Review - Miner, Sept. 29, 1939) In 1965, a skeleton measuring 8 feet 9 inches was found buried under a rock ledge along the Holly Creek in east-central Kentucky. click here for the full article
back to Skeletons
Sources: Lost Cities of North and Central America, David Hatcher Childress
The Unexplained, Dr Karl P N Shuker

Giant Skeletons

In his book, The Natural and Aboriginal History of Tennessee, author John Haywood describes "very large" bones in stone graves found in Williamson County, Tennessee, in 1821. In White County, Tennessee, an "ancient fortification" contained skeletons of gigantic stature averaging at least 7 feet in length.

Giant skeletons were found in the mid-1800s near Rutland and Rodman, New York. J.N. DeHart, M.D. found vertebrae "larger than those of the present type" in Wisconsin mounds in 1876. W.H.R. Lykins uncovered skull bones "of great size and thickness" in mounds of Kansas City area in 1877.

George W. Hill, M.D., dug out a skeleton "of unusual size" in a mound of Ashland County, Ohio. In 1879, a nine-foot, eight-inch skeleton was excavated from a mound near Brewersville, Indiana (Indianapolis News, Nov 10, 1975).

A six foot, six inch skeleton was found in a Utah mound. This was at least a foot taller than the average Indian height in the area, and these natives — what few there were of them — were not mound builders.

"A skeleton which is reported to have been of enormous dimensions" was found in a clay coffin, with a sandstone slab containing hieroglyphics, during mound explorations by a Dr Everhart near Zanesville, Ohio. (American Antiquarian, v3, 1880, pg61).

Ten skeletons "of both sexes and of gigantic size" were taken from a mound at Warren, Minnesota, 1883. (St. Paul Pioneer Press, May 23, 1883) A skeleton 7 feet 6 inches long was found in a massive stone structure that was likened to a temple chamber within a mound in Kanawha County, West Virginia, in 1884. (American Antiquarian, v6, 1884 133f. Cyrus Thomas, Report on Mound Explorations of the Bureau of Ethnology, 12th Annual Report, Smithsonian Bureau of Ethnology, 1890-91).

A large mound near Gasterville, Pennsylvania, contained a vault in which was found a skeleton measuring 7 feet 2 inches. Inscriptions were carved on the vault. (American Antiquarian, v7, 1885, 52f).

In 1885, miners discovered the mummified remains of woman measuring 6 feet 8 inches tall holding an infant. The mummies were found in a cave behind a wall of rock in the Yosemite Valley.

In Minnesota, 1888, were discovered remains of seven skeletons 7 to 8 feet tall. (St. Paul Pioneer Press, June 29, 1888).

A mound near Toledo, Ohio, held 20 skeletons, seated and facing east with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people," and besides each was a large bowl with "curiously wrought hieroglyphic figures." (Chicago Record, Oct. 24, 1895; cited by Ron G. Dobbins, NEARA Journal, v13, fall 1978).

The skeleton of a huge man was uncovered at the Beckley farm, Lake Koronis, Minnesota; while at Moose Island and Pine City, bones of other giants came to light. (St. Paul Globe, Aug. 12, 1896).

In 1911, several red-haired mummies ranging from 6 and a half feet to 8 feet tall were discovered in a cave in Lovelock, Nevada.

In February and June of 1931, large skeletons were found in the Humboldt lake bed near Lovelock, Nevada. The first of these two skeletons found measured 8 1/2 feet tall and appeared to have been wrapped in a gum-covered fabric similar to the Egyptian manner. The second skeleton was almost 10 feet long. (Review — Miner, June 19, 1931).

A 7 foot 7 inch skeleton was reported to have been found on the Friedman ranch, near Lovelock, Nevada, in 1939.(Review — Miner, Sept. 29, 1939) In 1965, a skeleton measuring 8 feet 9 inches was found buried under a rock ledge along the Holly Creek in east-central Kentucky.

Australian Giants

There was a race or group of people found in Australia called "meganthropus" by anthropologists. These people were of very large size — estimated between 7 to 12 feet tall, depending on what source you read. These people were found with mega tool artifacts, so their humanness is difficult to question. Four jaw fragments and thousands of teeth have been found in China of "gigantopithecus blacki" — named after the discover. Based on the size of the teeth and deep jaws, its size has been estimated at around 10 feet and as tall as 12 feet, 1200 pounds.

Proof Of Australian Giants

In old river gravels near Bathurst, NSW, huge stone artifacts — clubs, pounders, adzes, chisels, knives and hand axes -- all of tremendous weight, lie scattered over a wide area. These weigh anything from 8, 10, 15, to 21 and 25 pounds, implements which only men of tremendous proportions could possibly have made and used. Estimates for the actual size of these men range from 10 to 12 feet tall and over, weighing from 500 to 600 lbs. A fossicker searching the Winburndale River north of Bathurst discovered a large quartzitised fossil human molar tooth, far too big for any normal modern man. A similar find was made near Dubbo, N.S.W.

Prospectors working in the Bathurst district in the 1930's frequently reported coming across numerous large human footprints fossilized in shoals of red jasper.

Even more impressive were fossil deposits found by naturalist Rex Gilroy around Bathurst. He excavated from a depth of 6 feet (2 m) below the surface a fossil lower back molar tooth measuring 67 mm. in length by 50mm. x 42 mm. across the crown. If his measurements are correct, the owner would have been at least 25 ft. tall, weighing well over 1,000 lbs!

At Gympie, Queensland, a farmer, Keith Walker, was ploughing his field when he turned up the large fragment of the back portion of a jaw which still possessed the hollow for a missing lower back molar tooth. This is now in Rex GiIroy's possession. The owner of the tooth would have stood at 10 feet tall.

In the Megalong Valley in the Blue Mountains NSW, a Mr P. Holman found in ironstone protruding from a creek bank the deeply impressed print of a large human-like foot. The print was that of the instep, with all 5 toes clearly shown. This footprint measures 7 inches across the toes. Had the footprint been complete it would have been at least 2 feet (60 cm in length, appropriate to a 12 foot human. However, the largest footprint found on the Blue Mountains must have belonged to a man 20 feet tall!

A set of 3 huge footprints was discovered near Mulgoa, south of Penrith, N.S.W. These prints, each measuring 2 ft long and 7 inches across the toes, are 6 ft. apart, indicating the stride of the 12 ft. giant who left them. These prints were preserved by volcanic lava and ash flows which "occurred millions of years" before man is supposed to have appeared on the Australian continent (if one is to believe the evolutionary theory): Noel Reeves found monstrous footprints near Kempsey, N.S.W. in sandstone beds on the Upper Macleay River. One print shows toe 4 inches (10cm) long and the total toe-span is 10 inches (25cm) — suggesting that the owner of the print may have been 17 feet tall.

It is certain the Aborigines were not the first to reach Australia. Anthropologists maintain mainland Aborigines are in fact quite recent arrivals that ate their predecessors who were akin to the New Guinea natives. Aborigine themselves admit in their ancient folklore that this land was inhabited by several groups of men, as well as giants, before they settled here.

More Giant Records

In an old book entitled "History And Antiquities Of Allerdale," there is an account of a giant found in Cumberland, England, at an unknown date in the middle ages. Called "A True Report of Hugh Hodson, of Thorneway," it states: "The said giant was buried four yards deep in the ground, which is now a corn field. He was four yards and a half long, and was in complete armour; his sword and battle-axe lying by him....his teeth were six inches long, and two inches broad...." The bones of a twelve foot tall man were dug up in 1833 by a group of soldiers at Lompock Rancho, California. The skeleton was surrounded by giant weapons, and the skull featured a double row of teeth. Yet another giant was unearthed in 1891, when workmen in Crittenden, Arizona excavated a huge stone coffin that had evidently once held the body of a man 12 feet tall. A carving on the granite case indicated that he had six toes.

A living giant was sighted in the little village of Buffalo Mills, Pennsylvania, on August 19, 1973. A man at least nine feet tall strode down the main street of the village, dressed in strange clothing, which appeared to be made of some sort of shimmering material. He gazed at the startled townspeople in a dark, penetrating way and then loped off casually into oblivion.

Other Giant Evidences

In July, 1877, four prospectors were looking for gold and silver outcroppings in a desolate, hilly area near the head of Spring Valley, not far from Eureka, Nevada.

Scanning the rocks, one of the men spotted something peculiar projecting from a high ledge. Climbing up to get a better look, the prospector was surprised to find a human leg bone and knee cap sticking out of solid rock. He called to his companions, and together they dislodged the oddity with picks. Realizing they had a most unusual find, the men brought it into Eureka, where it was placed on display.

The stone in which the bones were embedded was a hard, dark red quartzite, and the bones themselves were almost black with carbonization — indicative of great age. When the surrounding stone was carefully chipped away, the specimen was found to be composed of a leg bone broken off four inches above the knee, the knee cap and joint, the lower leg bones, and the complete bones of the foot. Several medical doctors examined the remains, and were convinced that anatomically they had indeed once belonged to a human being, and a very modern-looking one.

But an intriguing aspect of the bones was their size: from knee to heel they measured 39 inches. Their owner in life had thus stood over 12 feet tall. Compounding the mystery further was the fact that the rock in which the bones were found was dated geologically to the era of the dinosaurs, the Jurassic — over 185 million years old. The local papers ran several stories on the marvelous find, and two museums sent investigators to see if any more of the skeleton could be located. Unfortunately, nothing else but the leg and foot existed in the rock." Strange Relics from the Depths of the Earth--Jochmans [ link to www.ior.com]

Even More Records Of Giants

In 1936 Larson Kohl, the German paleontologist and anthropologist, found the bones of gigantic men on the shore of Lake Elyasi in Central Africa. Other giant skeletons were later found in Hava, the Transvaal and China. The evidence for the existence of giants is incontrovertible. "A scientifically assured fact," says Dr. Louis Burkhalter.

1. Large bones in stone graves in Williamson County and White County, Tennessee. Discovered in the early 1800s, the average stature of these giants was 7 feet tall.
2. Giant skeletons found in the mid-1800s in New York state near Rutland and Rodman.
3. In 1833, soldiers digging at Lompock Rancho, California, discovered a male skeleton 12 feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by caved shells, stone axes, other artifacts. The skeleton had double rows of upper and lower teeth. Unfortunately, this body was secretly buried because the local Indians became upset about the remains.
4. A giant skull and vertebrae found in Wisconsin and Kansas City.
5. A giant found off the California Coast on Santa Rosa Island in the 1800s was distinguished by its double rows of teeth.
6. A 9-foot, 8-inch skeleton was excavated from a mount near Brewersville, Indiana, in 1879.
7. Skeletons of "enormous dimensions" were found in mounds near Zanesville, Ohio, and Warren, Minnesota, in the 1880s.
8. In Clearwater Minnesota, the skeletons of seven giants were found in mounds. These had receding foreheads and complete double dentition.
9. At Le Crescent, Wisconsin, mounds were found to contain giant bones. Five miles north near Dresbach, the bones of people over 8 feet tall were found.
10. In 1888 seven skeletons ranging from seven to 8 feet tall were discovered.
11. Near Toledo, Ohio, 20 skeletons were discovered with jaws and teeth "twice as large as those of present day people." The account also noted that odd hieroglyphics were found with the bodies.
12. Miners in Lovelock Cave, California, discovered a very tall, red-haired mummy In 1911
13. This mummy eventually went to a fraternal lodge where it was used for "initiation purposes."
14. In 1931, skeletons from 8 ½ to 10 feet long were found in the Humbolt lake bed in California.
15. In 1932, Ellis Wright found human tracks in the gypsum rock at White Sands, New Mexico His discovery was later backed up by Fred Arthur, Supervisor of the Lincoln National Park and others who reported that each footprint was 22 inches long and from 8 to 10 inches wide. They were certain the prints were human in origin due to the outline of the perfect prints coupled with a readily apparent instep.
16. During World War II, author Ivan T. Sanderson tells of how his crew was bulldozing through sedimentary rock when it stumbled upon what appeared to be a graveyard. In it were crania that measured from 22 to 24 inches from base to crown nearly three times as large as an adult human skull. Had the creatures to whom these skulls belonged been properly proportioned, they undoubtedly would have been at least 12 feet tall or taller.
17. In 1947 a local newspaper reported the discovery of nine-foot-tall skeletons by amateur archaeologists working in Death Valley.
18. The archaeologists involved also claimed to have found what appeared to be the bones of tigers and dinosaurs with the human remains.
19. The Catalina Islands, off California, are the home of dwarf mammoth bones that were once roasted in ancient fire pits. These were roasted and eaten by human-like creatures who were giants with double rows of teeth.

Giant Skulls Found

Ivan T. Sanderson, a well-known zoologist and frequent guest on Johnny Carson's TONIGHT SHOW in the 1960s (usually with an exotic animal with a pangolin or a lemur), once related a curious story about a letter he received regarding an engineer who was stationed on the Aleutian island of Shemya during World War II. While building an airstrip, his crew bulldozed a group of hills and discovered under several sedimentary layers what appeared to be human remains. The Alaskan mound was in fact a graveyard of gigantic human remains, consisting of crania and long leg bones. The crania measured from 22 to 24 inches from base to crown. Since an adult skull normally measures about eight inches from back to front, such a large crania would imply an immense size for a normally proportioned human. Furthermore, every skull was said to have been neatly trepanned (a process of cutting a hole in the upper portion of the skull).

In fact, the habit of flattening the skull of an infant and forcing it to grow in an elongated shape was a practice used by ancient Peruvians, the Mayas, and the Flathead Indians of Montana. Sanderson tried to gather further proof, eventually receiving a letter from another member of the unit who confirmed the report. The letters both indicated that the Smithsonian Institution had collected the remains, yet nothing else was heard. Sanderson seemed convinced that the Smithsonian Institution had received the bizarre relics, but wondered why they would not release the data. He asks, "...is it that these people cannot face rewriting all the textbooks?"

Giant Footprints

In South Africa, a giant footprint of a woman measuring over 4 feet long has been carbon dated at approximately 9 million years old. Pointing to the probability of this being a female human-like species' foot, proportionally the two-legged being would need to be some 30 feet tall! The local African people commonly refer to this as a highly revered and sacred site. Giants, twice the size of gorillas, were found in Java.

The petrified remains of a giant were found in South Africa. A well-known anthropologist declared that these remains showed that these man's ancestors must have been giants.

Giant Devils

Within an ancient burial mound near the town of Sayre in Bradford County, Pennsylvania, skeletons measuring approximately 7 feet in length were discovered in the 1800s. But the most remarkable feature of these tall skeletons was not their height, but the strange horn-like protrusions above the brow region on their skulls. It was estimated that they were buried around 1200 AD. According to some sources, the skeletons were sent to the "American Investigating Museum" in Philadelphia, and vanished.

Revised Articles

In Lampec-Rancho California, in 1833, soldiers discovered a skeleton 11' 9" long which was covered with boulders with an unidentified writing. A similar writing was unearthed on the isle of Santa Maria off the cost of Los Angeles. In July of 1887 in Eureka Nevada, a human leg was found measuring 38.9 inches form the knee to the heel. The man was over 11 foot tall. In Crittenton Arizona in 1891 a sarcophagus was uncovered containing a human 3 meters high and had 12 toes. More recently skeletons ranging from 2.8 meters to 3.12 meters were found by soviets in the Caucasus Mountains. In China skeletons 10 feet tall have been found. In the Philippines a giant human skeleton was found at gargation, Measuring 17 feet long. In the Eagle three Cole mine at Bear Creek Montana in 1920 two human molars were found three times larger than normal. In Braton Tennessee human footprints were found in solid rock 33 inches log and one foot wide. These also have six toes each. Tools found in Morocco are so large their users must have been at least 12 foot tall. Other Giants found around the world are: the Java giant, the south China giant, and the South Africa giant. (See The Timeless Earth p. 26)

In 1833,soldiers digging a pit for a powder magazine at Lompock Rancho, California, hacked their way through a layer of cemented gravel and came up with the skeleton of a giant man about twelve feet tall. The skeleton was surrounded by carved shells, huge stone axes, and blocks of porphyry covered with unintelligible symbols. The giant was also noteworthy in still another respect :He had a double row of teeth, both upper and lower. When the natives began to attach some religious significance to the find, authorities ordered the skeleton and all the artifacts secretly reburied — and , of course ,lost to the scientific study they deserved.

This particular giant, incidentally, bore marked similarity to another, that of a giant man with double rows of teeth whose skeletal remains were dug up on Santa Rosa Island, off the California coast. Subsequent research has shown that he, or his descendants, feasted on the small elephants which once lived on that island and which have vanished like the giants who ate them, countless ages ago.

Near Crittenden, Arizona, in 1891, workmen excavating for a commercial building came upon a huge stone sarcophagus eight feet below the surface. The contractor called in expert help, and the sarcophagus was opened to reveal a granite mummy case which had once held the body of a human being more than twelve feet tall -a human with six toes, according to the carving of the case. But the body had been buried so many thousands of years that it had long since turned to dust. Just another silent witness to the truth of Genesis, which tells us that there were giants in the earth in those days, the excavation of over a dozen skeletons 8 to 12 feet tall, around the world, shocked archaeologists.

These skeletons were positively human. Some of these skeletal remains are on Maui in lava caves near Ulupalakua and Olowalu. An example of this is the "mysterious" disappearance of more than 50 perfectly kept gigantic antediluvian skeletons (between 10-14 feet tall) found in a cave in Arizona.

Earth Giants : over the years a number of gigantic human skeletons have been unearthed. The most distinctive of these were the remains of some American giants found in the 1880s at Tioga Point, near Sayre in Bradford County, Pennsylvania, as recounted by Robert Lyman in Forbidden Land. Some other examples include the following:

A decayed human skeleton claimed by eyewitnesses to measure around 3.28 meters (10 feet 9 inches tall), was unearthed by laborers while ploughing a vineyard in November 1856 in East Wheeling, now in West Virginia.

A human skeleton measuring 3.6 meters (12 foot) tall was unearthed at Lompock Rancho, California, in 1833 by soldiers digging in a pit for a powder magazine. The specimen had a double row of teeth and was surrounded by numerous stone axes, carved shells and porphyry blocks with abstruse symbols associated with it.

Several mummified remains of red haired humans ranging from 2-2.5 meters (6.5 feet to over 8 feet) tall were dug up at Lovelock Cave, (70 miles) north-east of Reno, Nevada, by a guano mining operation. These bones substantiated legends by the local Piute Indians regarding giants which they called Si-Te-Cahs. For some reason scientists did not seem to want to investigate these finds further so many of the bones were lost. Fortunately one of the giant Lovelock skulls is still preserved today. It measures almost 30cm (1 foot) tall and resides along with other various Lovelock artefacts in the Humboldt Museum in Winnemucca, Nevada. Some of these artefacts can also be found in the Nevada State Historical Society's museum at Reno.

The Hubbard Discovery

In this magazine for September, 1923, we mentioned a reported discovery by Mr. Samuel Hubbard, of remains of giants in the Grand Canyon of Arizona. Owing to press unreliability, we did not notice this to a great extent. We have now, however, obtained more knowledge on the subject, and there remains no doubt that Mr. Hubbard has actually made a discovery composed of the following parts:

1. Petrified bodies of two human beings about 18 and 15 feet in height respectively. One of these is buried under a recent rock fall which would require several days' work to remove; the other, of which Mr. Hubbard took photographs, is in a crevice of difficult accessibility. The bodies are formed of a limestone petrification embedded in sandstone.
2. An ancient beach, now sandstone, containing a great number of footprints of a giant race, men, women and children; the prints of adults about 17 to 20 inches in length, and corresponding in size and shape to the Carson City and Blue Ridge prints.

Even More Giant Records

According to a press clipping, dated Nayarit, Mexico, May 14, 1926, Capts. D. W. Page and F. W. Devalda discovered the bones of a race of giants who averaged over ten feet in height. Local legends state that they came from Ecuador. Nothing more has been heard of this, but that is not surprising; the word "giant" will flutter the feathers of any scientist into rapid flight, metaphorically speaking, in the opposite direction. So also with a report from the Washington Post, June 22, 1925, and the New York Herald-Tribune, June 21, 1925. A mining party, it is reported, found skeletons measuring 10 to 12 feet, with feet 18 to 20 inches long, near Sisoguiche, Mexico. The Los Angeles Times, October 2, 1927, says that explorers in Mexico located large human bones near Tapextla, indicating a race of "gigantic size." All this, if unfounded, would be straining coincidence or imagination pretty far.

Press accounts say that the skeleton of a gigantic man, with head missing, has been unearthed at El Boquin, on the Mico River, in the Chontales district. The ribs are a yard long and four inches wide and the shin bone is too heavy for one man to carry. "Chontales" is an Indian word, meaning "wild men."

In the late 1950's during road construction in Homs southeast Turkey, Many tombs of Giants were indeed unearthed. These tombs were 4 meters long, and when entered in 2 cases the human thigh bones were measured to be 47.24 inches in length. They calculated that the person who owned this Femur probably stood at fourteen to sixteen feet tall. A cast of this bone is seen at the Creationist museum in Texas.

Flavius Josephus, the noted Jewish historian of the first century A.D., described the giants as having "bodies so large and countenances so entirely different from other men that they were surprising to the sight and terrible to the hearing." And he adds that in his day, the bones of the giants were still on display!
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turoksonofstone

No Caption Provided

Image credit: (PD - Copyright expired )

Uploader comment: Fossilized giant discovered in 1895 by Mr. Dyer during minerary activities in County Antrim, Ireland. In the photo (published by the British magazine "Strand") it is compared to a goods wagon. The main measures were: total height 12ft and 2 in (3.70 m), thoracic circumference 6ft and 6in (1.97 m), length of arms 4ft and 6in (1.37 m), weight 2 tons and 112 lbs (2050 Kg). The right foot had six fingers. After various legal debates to determine the ownership, nobody knows what happened to the giant.
BrownWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BrownWolf

Scientists need to train themselves to have an open mind when doing research of any kind. Sometimes what they will find will not fit the paradigns that we have set. The results of this is to either deny its existance and hide it from public view, or destroy the findings. They should allow the public to be the judge of these findings, and not treat ourselves as children that can not handle the truth. Not doing so will result in the continuation of societal ignorance, a dark age type of existance and having a primitive mentality. Yes, it may change our ways in an unknown ways but, these are part of the lessons humans need to experience as part of our humanity. Humans should accept the nature of things in order to advance in the development of our being in the Universe as an intelligent living creature and for the advancement of our society. In order to go forward, we need to know, understand and accept where did we come from!

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@turoksonofstone: Woah. Would not like to meet one of those guys on the field of combat

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Always knew of this yet it's still interesting.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By kuonphobos

hmmmm? *scratches chin contemplatively*

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Holy sh*t. This means that the bible must have something going on with all those talks of Niphilim and junk.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Inverno

Really interesting. No sarcasm :)

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaioTrubat said:

Really interesting. No sarcasm :)

Took the words right out me before I scrolled down to post it.

_Franco_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _Franco_

The red hair is from copperization.

The pharaoh, Ramessess II had red hair when they excavated his ass but he was mummified at 90 years old. 90 year old people have grey hair ...

This red haired/blonde haired corpses they talk about finding all over the world, even in China, are misinfo/disinfo and are meant to support the Aryan stuff, lol ...

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By turoksonofstone
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ssejllenrad

You what he's gonna say...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By PowerHerc

Fascinating.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ARMIV2

This is the real cool stuff they don't talk about in school...

And when you hear tale of how Hercules was a giant, the talk of Nephilim in the Bible, and various historical texts about it...it gets real interesting.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Magethor

Posting this to push the "football spam" threads to the second forum page since they don't need to be on the 1st page.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Zdaybreak

The giants are descendants of Nephilim.