Who is the worst father: Goku or Vegeta?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-604f8f087c7dd
deactivated-604f8f087c7dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Who is the worst father: Goku or Vegeta? (151 votes)

Goku 66%
Vegeta 33%

Goku calls five year old Gohan a coward during his fight with Vegeta.
Goku offers up Gohan to Cell, having absolutely no understanding of his son's personality aside from the fact that Gohan gets angry when he's mad.
Goku elects to stay dead, leaving Goten with Chi-Chi.
Goku throws his fight with Majin Buu so "the kids can have fun."
Goku tells Chi-Chi that camping is more important than an education.
Gohan hugs Goku (in his Mystic form, before he goes to fight Super Buu) and Goku leaves him hanging.
Goku rarely acts likes a father, aside from him rescuing his kids from death.

Positives: Goku is generally proud of, and supportive of his sons.
His good-bye during the Cell Games.

Vegeta shows no intrest in Future Trunks, infant Trunks, or Bulma, until Futre Trunks is killed by Cell.
Vegeta is envious of his eight-year son's ability to transform, and then "accidentally" punches him in the face.
Vegeta kills thousands of innocent people while a father.

Positives: Vegeta's rage at Trunks' death.
Vegeta is there for Trunks to see him into adulthood.
Vegeta takes Trunks to the part after punching him in the face.
His farewell before his attempted sacrifice, where he cries and hugs his son.

• 
Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#151  Edited By Alex887

Just watched cell saga again , before the cell games gohan himself told goku that dad , you are the world's best dad

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Goku is a deadbeat father who never raised his kids. Vegeta isn't. The answer is self-explanatory.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nefarious: Vegeta is a hardass father who forced his only son to do nothing but train for his entire life and still abused him for being too weak.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Amendment50

Vegeta punched Trunks in the face as a child for literally no reason. Lol. I don't know why anyone thinks Vegeta is an okay father.

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By JohnnyZ256

"Worse father."

"Worst" is for a comparison of more than two: "Which of these three pears tastes the worst?"

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex887: Gohan liking Goku is PIS. Goku is a terrible father as well lol.

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Alex887

vegeta never speaks polietly with his son!! Never!! Vegeta is a abusive father...vegeta attacked his own son trunks brutally infront of incomplete cell when trunks was trying to stop cell from absorbing android 18!! And goku is the guy who helped his son gohan to be the strongest during cell saga while vegeta always wants surpass everyone even his son lol..gohan has himself said to goku that you are world's best dad before cell games ...and piccolo is also a great father but vegeta no!!!

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Alex887

I like the way vegeta treated his son future trunks this time but its a fact that vegeta is always harsh on his son

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: you dont like both goku and vegeta!! ...then stop watching db series lmao..

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And why we even comparing them ...they are all friends and respect each other..i like all the characters of dbs except villians lol

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither of them are as bad as Balon Greyjoy.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: They are a warrior race. Vegeta was a hardass but at least he was there right trunks and eventually softened up

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Alex887

I like the way vegeta treated his son future trunks this time but overall goku is obviously better father than vegeta...

Vegeta never speaks polietly and is always harsh on his son..vegeta attacked his own son trunks brutally infront of incomplete cell when trunks was trying to stop cell from absorbing android 18!! And during cell saga vegeta left trunks alone in hyperbolic chamber while goku took great care of gohan , goku ate with gohan, goku trained gohan to be the best while vegeta left trunks alone so obviously goku is better father than vegeta

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke is better than both of them

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Alex887

Guess what guys i just watched dbz episode 132..where all dbz were fighting dr gero including future trunks...bulma suddenly came with his one year old present son trunks to the battlefield , dr gero did a ki attack to escape ...

bulma and one year old present trunks were going to die still vegeta didn't save them lmao future trunks saved them then future trunks went to his father vegeta that why didn't you save your wife and one year old son trunks..vegeta told future trunks that i dont care about them (bulma and one year old son trunks) lol..this proves that who is better father..so ofc goku is better father..i like vegeta too but its the truth goku is better father..vegeta didn't even save his 1 year old son and bulma trunks then how can you even say that vegeta is better father lmao?

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex887: ok, listen you have 91 posts. Most of those are coming from this thread alone, so most people won't listen to your obvious rambling. You clearly want to get your point across but you look like a troll now, you should just let it go.

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Alex887

@hypnos0929: lol why you are crying if i told the truth vegeta fanboy..you are a troll , am not talking to you , dont mention me in your replies

Watch dbz episode 132 all of you ...vegeta didn't save his 1 year old son trunks and bulma lmao...futute trunks saved them and when future trunks asked explanation from vegeta that why didn't he save them then vegeta told future trunks that i dont care about them...lmao...what if present trunks would have died at the age of one!!

Thanks to future trunks that 1 year old present trunks was saved as well as bulma ...vegeta didnt even try...he simply told future trunks that i dont care about them lol..so guys watch dbz 132 episode first

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Goku. Piccolo basically became Gohan's dad.

Conor_dbZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Conor_dbZ

@alex887: alex , man you're totally right..i just watched dbz episode 132, vegeta seriously didn't save his 1 year old son trunks as well as bulma , future trunks saved them and when future trunks asked for explanation vegeta told him that idc for them lol

Its a proof that goku is a better father after watching this episode! What if trunks would have died at the age of 1 if future trunks didn't has save him!! Vegeta cared for dr. Gero instead of his wife and 1 year old son trunks

Goku is obviously better father than vegeta

Conor_dbZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: listen , am new here and i have read all the comments of this thread ,you are obviously a troll or a vegeta fan boy..goku is obviously better father than vegeta and dragon ball z episode 132 is proof of that , first watch the episode 132 then come & talk here

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Alex887

@conor_dbz: thanks for watching dbz episode 132 man, its obvious bro that Goku is Better father than vegeta

and epidode 132 of dbz shows that how vegeta's pride is more important than his family , i mean he didn't save his one year old son trunks and wife , i mean how can a father let his 1 year old son die.. thanks to future trunks that bulma and vegeta's 1 year old trunks was saved and when future trunks asked him to explain that why vegeta didn't save them then vegeta simply told him that i don't care about them lmao..

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Hypnos0929

@alex887: @conor_dbz: you guys are acting like Vegeta has made zero progress from that moment. He isn't going to be a totally good guy like Goku because he wasn't raised that way. For a Saiyan elite he's probably the best father ever to exist!

You can't expect him to give up a millennia of Saiyan tradition as soon as he has one son. That'd be like me telling a priest "Hey you just had a new baby boy, I expect you to stop being Christian forever and follow another standard". For the series, and in such a short time on earth Vegeta should be considered the better father because he made a huge sacrifice in the Buu saga!

As for you "conor" you're probably just an Alternative account. I don't believe you'd just stumble on here, jump into the middle of a debate and start criticising using your first two posts.

Edit: Conor you have 3 posts. All agreeing with Alex, and all in DBZ threads. I'm not positive that you're an alternate account but you definitely look like one from a reasonable perspective.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy that abandoned his family for seven years for his own selfish benefit.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: inb4 db fanboys say "but Goku did it for the safety of the planet!!" :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solid_snake97: I bet Goku secretly wanted to make Cell stronger so he could get off to the idea of his kid having a worthwhile fight.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: and even then some fanboy will have some crazy counter arguement for that ^_^ lol. I mean he brings kid Gohan to all these dangerous fights so one more isn't so bad :p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solid_snake97: I bet I could make a compelling argument that Cell was really the hero, and Dragon Ball Z was a story where the villains ultimately won.

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelestashley: lol you should make a blog centred on that subject and tag me:p you should also include why DBS isn't canon and that DB GT is the true canon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solid_snake97: I'll get right on that once I finish this issue of Supergirl.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both suck at parenting ,chichi is the only decent parent in dragonball

Chichi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>18+Killen+vegeta+goku+mr/ms.breafs+ox king

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Alex887

@hypnos0929: wow lol...i mean how low will you go to make up your point lmao..now you are saying conor and me are same just because he thinks goku is better father than vegeta...you are such a big troll or mad vegeta fanboy lmao...

What are you saying vegeta should be considered as good father cause he made a sacrifice in buu saga?? Haha oh my god ...if thats the case then goku is the guy who has sacrificed himself the most..you know cell saga happened before buu saga and goku sacrificed himself to destroy cell to save gohan and the earth..now lets way back before the cell saga..goku sacrificed himself to kill raditz too and it happened way before buu saga.. so dont talk about sacrifices lol , goku is the one who has sacrificed himself the most..goku is obviously better father than vegeta

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Alex887

@hypnos0929: get over this fact that goku is better father than vegeta..vegeta can progress but currently goku is surpassing him in every aspect whether as a father or as a fighter...vegeta didn't save his own son that was only 1 year old lmao...vegeta gave preference to his pride more than his 1 year old son and bulma..watch episode 132..i mean how can you even say vegeta is better father when he didn't even try to save his 1 year old son and wide lmao...

I think you are new to dragon ball series troll and you have just watched dragon ball super but guess what i have watched all db , dbz ,dbs ,dbgt all..goku is obviously a better father than vegeta atleast he always saves his family from danger unlike vegeta who didn't save his one year old son trunks and bulma , thank god future trunks saved them (episode 132 of dbz)!!

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alex887: I'm saying Vegeta should be good because he's adapting to earth's definition of a good father. For all we know Saiyan father's could be just as cold as Vegeta was, so by Saiyan standards he would be a great father. Obviously Goku should be better because he was raised around good people but he does mess up a lot and a ton of people understand that.

At least I've Acknowledged Vegeta's short comings as a father. You haven't once said anything about Goku's mistakes. Vegeta wasn't raised to watch and protect his children, he was raised to have strong children who can protect themselves. And by Saiyan standards Vegeta might not have known Trunks until he was 7-14 years old because he'd be sent away to conquer a planet.

As for Conor i said he could be an alternate account because he's brand new, under 100 posts, like you, and seems to follow you around. That doesn't mean he's an alternate it means that he looks suspicious.

My point overall is that Vegeta is doing a good job of adapting while Goku has literally let Piccolo raise his son for him. Gohan even went through a faze where he dressed exactly like Piccolo. As for Goten no one, not even you, can argue Goku was good at raising him because Chi Chi raised him alone.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Hypnos0929

@alex887: also Goku could have Instant Transmissioned away from Cell but he stayed like an idoit. That's not a sacrifice that's stupidity

Edit: It really seems like you only have 3 points for why Vegeta is a bad father but nothing else and you feel highlighting any of Goku's mistakes will negate Vegeta's actions.

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Alex887

@hypnos0929: look , i like vegeta too infact i like all dbz characters, but on overall basis goku is ofc better father than vegeta..goku has been raised alone in woods after his grandpa died for your information..in your previous reply you made a point that vegeta sacrificed himself in buu saga so he is a better father so if you are talking about sacrifices then all the dbs fans here know goku is the guy who has sacrificed himself the most (cell saga , saiyan saga and many more )

Whenever gohan is in danger , goku has always saved him while vegeta didn't save his one year old son trunks (dbz episode 132) lmao !! vegeta is always harsh on his son and punches his son for no reason..while goku trained gohan to be the strongest during cell saga and gohan himself says that goku is world's best dad..Tell me if one year old trunks would have died during android saga then what!! thank god future trunks was their to save 1 year old trunks and bulma..and now you are talking about goten lmao...vegeta cant even take care of his only one son lol while goku has two and stil takes good care of them...goku was away from goten because he sacrificed himself during cell saga to save the earth and goten is a kid..now goku always stays with him and also trains him side by side...goku is obviously a better father than vegeta...

Alex887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Alex887

@hypnos0929: vegeta would have no son by now lmao if future trunks wouldn't have saved his one year old present trunks and bulma during android saga ..i mean how can a father let his 1 year old son die and after future trunks saved vegeta's 1 year old son and bulma then he asked vegeta to explain that why didn't he save his 1 year old son and wife then vegeta simply said that he doesn't care about them lol..

if you are saying vegeta is a better father then you are vegeta's hardcore fanboy or new to dragon ball series nothing else...your all tals are based on hypothesis while my points are based on facts...vegeta did't save his 1 year old son and bulma (episide 132 of dbz series) , vegeta punches his own son without any reason (db super episode 2) , vegeta attacked his own son trunks during cell saga ( episode 157 and 158 of dbz) i have all facts that why goku is better father than vegeta while you have nothing fanboy...goku is obviously better father than vegeta

Realzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gokus worse

Conor_dbZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Conor_dbZ

@hypnos0929: did you mention me , ?? dont mention me recently ,i dont care about fanboys like you...you have no valid points that why vegeta is a better father... you're all points are biased and doesn't make a sense at all, goku is better father than vegeta and i have proved that in my earlier replies

Conor_dbZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: : do u even know why goku decided not to come back after cell saga? After Cell, Goku is dead and wants to stay dead. His reasoning is he inadvertently puts the Earth in danger (I can see why because the Androids and Cell were created by a grudge against Goku). I can't say Goku is bad dad for that.

Why risk (in his mind) the Earth to go through something like that again? Enemies were stronger than he was and his son (the only person who is significantly stronger than him) doesn't want the challenge of a strong opponent. He stays dead, the Earth is at peace, his family gets to live in peace and he gets to train in Otherworld...goku is way better father than vegeta..goku has always sacrificed himself for his family , friends and mother earth

Conor_dbZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: During Android saga, Bulma's plane was shot down by an android and Vegeta made no move to save her. She and present trunks were saved by Future Trunks. I don't care if she were surrounded by Z fighters. You save your wife/girlfriend and toddler. Minus a father point for Vegeta.

During the Cell saga, Vegeta and Trunks were training int the ROSAT. Vegeta neglected Trunks training and Trunks ended up being weaker as a result (too slow to fight effectively even if he were stronger). While goku trained gohan to be the best , ate with him played with me unlike vegeta who neglected his own son in hyperbolic chamber..

So goku is obviously better father than vegeta..i have proved so many valid points here that why goku is better father and i have also told you the reason why goku didn't come back after cell saga in my previous reply before this one , if you still thinks vegata is better father than you are just a hardcore fanboy nothing else..