Which Horror circumstances would you most likely survive?

• 88 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

3 Stages of Hell

Simple.

If you had to survive 1 of the following horror film ideas; which do you believe would have the higher success rate?

1. You take Bobby's place in Saw 7.

No Caption Provided

Same circumstances.

You must complete the obstacles and traps ahead of you in order to save a loved one. Same traps and Jigsaw has kidnapped a loved one as motivation. Much like bobby's wife in Saw 7.

2. The Myers House

No Caption Provided

You must survive a night (8 pm - 5 am) inside the Myers House.

You enter the house without Myers knowing. He has no idea you're there. You are given a baseball bat to protect yourself.

Can you survive through the night?

3. Marked for Death

No Caption Provided

Very Simple.

You must survive 24 hrs with you next on Death's list.

(This will probably be my next scenario if anyone is interested. The Elder Scrolls is time consuming but fun)

Catch is, you may not remain in a single location - within 1/2 mile of said location, for longer than 4 hrs but you are fully aware of the situation you're in and know that you are next.

------

If you were forced to pick, which would you select?

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Zetsu-San
  1. I haven't seen Saw 7 so I can't really comment. As far as the hooks go, I am not sure. On the 1 hand I have a mild bleeding disorder, though it's so mild that I probably wouldn't have gotten diagnosed if it weren't for certain other circumstances. That said I have a really good pain tolerance. By pain tolerance I mean that whenever there is too much sensory input my senses end up shutting off entirely.
  2. Definitely the easiest to survive, if you aren't a drunk teenager. I'd say a lot of viners can survive. With a little meta knowledge some of the viners here would probably prevent the majority of deaths in that movie.
  3. Straight and simple. If you aren't psychic or being helped by a psychic; you are dead. The end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: For 2 I am expecting many people here to just dismiss it without fully reading the circumstances.

3. You dont think you could just sit in your house for 4 hrs then walk while on high alert elsewhere for another 4 hrs?

TricksandToys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: For 2 I am expecting many people here to just dismiss it without fully reading the circumstances.

3. You dont think you could just sit in your house for 4 hrs then walk while on high alert elsewhere for another 4 hrs?

Why, so your house can randomly collapse into a sinkhole?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 for sure, with my incredible paranoia nobodies getting the drop on me & I can totally kick the shit out of Billy & Stu.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: lol you would hear it. Death usually gives you warnings and with the full knowledge in your situation...

That should help

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: When has death ever given anyone warnings? 1 girl opened the door and randomly got hit through the face by a puck shot from a lawn mower...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: when?

The elevator scene. Man with hooks. FD2

The seagulls. FD2

Todd's death via newspaper clipping FD1

And more

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: Soulda done a Collector scenario instead of Scream, That dude would make Billy & Stu piss there pants.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: Too related to Jigsaw

And all those who said they would survive Ghostface would definitely die

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: when?

The elevator scene. Man with hooks. FD2

The seagulls. FD2

Todd's death via newspaper clipping FD1

And more

Meh, probably just for suspense purposes. Clearly there isn't a rule that he "has" to give a warning because not everyone has gotten one. I am sure if you manage to survive 2 death traps by yourself with no psychic help; he'll just off you with no warnings whatsoever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: Too related to Jigsaw

And all those who said they would survive Ghostface would definitely die

What makes you say that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

I like how you speak about Death like ot has emotion and will become annoyed with your actions

And the biggest warnings are the premonitions themselves

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

2. I'd have fun at the party for a short while, then just be on my phone in the bathroom the entire night. No one would find me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: because those who believe they will survive a killer just because they know he is there is ridiculous.

They have no idea who he is nor do they know that there is 2 of them.

I accept it as maybe the more manageable to survive, but the dismissal of their potential threat is mistakingly evident

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto:

I like how you speak about Death like ot has emotion and will become annoyed with your actions

And the biggest warnings are the premonitions themselves

Who said death is the one giving the premonitions? Clearly Death DOES get annoyed or he wouldn't give everyone exceedingly gruesome deaths simply because they survived the first accident.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: the thought of death getting emotional over survivalists has crossed my mind but meh...

Trying to kill people that are actively evading you must be a challenge. Humans are an intelligent species so the "gruesome" part might just be a side effect of his opportune attacks. I think if he could get them to choke on an apple he would do that too

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks said:

@killerforhire: because those who believe they will survive a killer just because they know he is there is ridiculous.

I accept it as maybe the more manageable to survive, but the dismissal of their potential threat is mistakingly evident

Unless they naturally assume everyone's a killer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: How and why would that work?

If you always assume everyone's out to get you & your always prepared for the worst is makes it difficult for 'em.

& you didn't say I couldn't be armed & IRL I always am. I never leave home without my .38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerforhire: I said same situation as Scream 1. So no one has firearms

And just being suspicious of everyone immediately isnt in character for anyone here lol

So many things wrong with it

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't need to know "who" they are as they always dress up as Scream before killing people. They are also incompetent as hell. Usually it's the victim that randomly trips and falls, but Ghostfaces do that too. The first party victim completely kicked his ass, and only died because instead of finishing him off she decided it would be a good idea to try to escape through a small little panel. Anyone with some decent fighting ability who doesn't react to the situation like a moron, can survive. Find a decent melee weapon and a proper barricade, and you are good to go.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Zetsu-San

And just being suspicious of everyone immediately isnt in character for anyone here lol

If you find a dead body at a party, "suspicion of everyone" is COMPLETELY in character lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine no gun but still I don't even let people stand behind me because I fully expect them to try & stab me in the back, I don't even trust people I've known for most of my life.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. I think I could last it or even take them out. I don't drink so I'm not going to be drunk, the second someone is dead everyone is a suspect. Then I'd either stick around in a group of at least 5 people, and carry a weapon. The kitchen is likely to have knives, or a blunt weapon that is bound to be lying around.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• 2 very easy choice..The rest i'm quite literally chopped meat.
  • I,m pretty good at reading facial expressions, body language ques and picking up signs when somethings doesn't quite smell or feel right in the air..So out of all three of those scenarios two is my best bet for surviving.
Wispymatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would survive 2 because I would be suspicious that I was invited to a party in the first place.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. This is the most challenging, however if continued to stall and not keep a cool head your most likely to fail.

• Not this scenario

2. I believe this is by far the easiest to accomplish for the simple fact you really don't need to go anywhere just watch people. Pick out specific people that you want to keep your eye on. etc.

• I pick this.

3. This one is kinda tricky for the fact you have a supernatural entity after you that you can't really see. However, this can be accomplished depending on the setting. So since i'll be in my house knowing my way around it and knowing what little sharp things I have in my house or room or bathroom I can win.

• I pick this second to

The_Valeyard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely 2

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By jumpstart55
  • You just turned this into a complete stomp for everybody..Theres no way most people if anybody is lasting one night with Michael Myers.lmao
  • Why did you change it? At Least Scream balanced things out somewhat..Now its just a complete blood bath.
  • On Topic: I would avoid him for a few minutes by hiding in a closet or the basement.. but i have no doubt that eventually he will find me in those 8 hours..And even with a bat theres no way i,m knocking Michael Myers off his feet especially the Rob Zombie super soldier giant version..Maybe if i had an automattic that could mometrariyl stun him and allow me to escape..But besides that i,m pretty much out of options and likely chopped meat.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely 2.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. Theres a higher percentage of me getting out alive and the bat isn't my only weapon I can use anything in the house.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: Um, you have seen Final Destination, right? Death isn't some kind of Supernatural killer that stalks you around the house or something, he is actual, physical death. You can't "win" against Death. Your strategy would probably have your kitchen explode on you, or you tripping and falling into your sharp things.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By TheDandyMan

Number 2, I prank Myers by jumping out of the closet at him and we laugh about it until 5 in the morning.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. If Paul Rudd can do it so can I.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123 said:

@stormphoenix: Um, you have seen Final Destination, right? Death isn't some kind of Supernatural killer that stalks you around the house or something, he is actual, physical death. You can't "win" against Death. Your strategy would probably have your kitchen explode on you, or you tripping and falling into your sharp things.

Well actually I remember in one of them it was said you can get someone to take your place, but you are left with how much time they have.

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god: Yeah, I know, I was just saying HIS plan would not work.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pick the second scenario. If Myers doesn't know I'm there, I'd just use my years of hide-and-seek training to find the perfect hiding spot and camp there for the night. The worst is probably the Jigsaw scenario. I'm sorry, but regardless of the motivation, I couldn't withstand such torture. There's just no way. The last scenario is also certain death. If death itself is out to get you, you're going to die. Even if you allowed for one just just remain in an ultra safe zone, what's preventing you from succumbing to a random heart attack?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. This scenario still the same. I do not think I will be able to get through Saw 7 traps.

• Not this scenario

2. Hmmm......Y'know I think I have a chance against Myers because he's still actually human after all he's not like Jason. However he has survived a great deal of damage, but again as I said he's NOT like Jason. I think I can take him and outsmart him he is pretty dumb. Going off by his movies I have seen......OH YEAH I can take him.

• I pick this.

3. The scenario is still the same.

• I pick this second

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@full123 said:

I have seen all of them. What does it matter death is a supernatural being it's NOT "physical" as you think it is. You can outsmart death just like the kid did in the first one. My strategy is fine it may not work well for YOU becasue you don't know my house like I do. But it'll work for me.

@full123 said:

Well actually I remember in one of them it was said you can get someone to take your place, but you are left with how much time they have.

If you remember in the first film the Boy outsmarted death by safely replacing things in HIS OWN HOUSE. Why becasue he was familiar with the objects of his own home and was able to keep an eye on the signs. Therefore he was able to cheat death. Which is why my plan would work THAT GUY wouldn't know because he's never been in my house. -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scenario 1: I don't know if I could go through with puncturing my chest with hooks. Bobby's will power seemed almost superhuman/peak human at least, but If I was desperate to save one of my family members/closest friends I'd have to force my self to do it.

Scenario 2: I have no doubt in my mind that I could survive this. All I have to do is do what the teenagers didn't. (Don't have sex/Don't get drunk or drink/Be aware of my surroundings/Watch my back/Etc.

Scenario 3: This one should be pretty easy. All I have to do is isolate myself in a room with no objects/furniture that could kill or harm me.

Honestly, If I have to choose, I'd go with scenario 2. Taking down Myers shouldn't be hard as long as you don't mimic any clichés or lack common sense.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zetsu-San
@normanbates said:

Scenario 2: I have no doubt in my mind that I could survive this. All I have to do is do what the teenagers didn't. (Don't have sex/Don't get drunk or drink/Be aware of my surroundings/Watch my back/Etc.

Michael killed plenty of adults. Following horror rules won't save you when you've already violated rule number 1, don't go into his house in the first place. A baseball bat isn't enough to put Michael down long term. Which means you have to play a game of hit and run/hide and seek for 9 HOURS! No one is winning that. Fatigue kills. Michael knows the house better than you, has better endurance than you, and so on.

If the timer was reduced, we were given better weapons, or the setting changed to something bigger and less familiar to Michael, then maybe it would be survivable but as of right now everyone is screwed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix:

Your comment is Lol

But thanks for putting effort in. No he isnt like Jason. He actually uses his head.

Picking it as the most survivable scenario is understandable but saying you could take him is beyond hilarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god: no you cant. I said baseball bat. It is your only weapon.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morleericks: Wait, he's not allowed to use things he finds in Michael's house?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsumoto: Nope. Limited to that weapon. Not that it would matter. These are about the most possible to survive. I dont expect anyone here to survive any of the 3 but its up to you what you believe which hilds the higher success rate

Side Note: watch that one clip of the chef with the knives that he found in Myers house and attempted to use them against him. See how that turned out.