What's wrong with being colorblind( not seeing race )?

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dragonrampage

I've seen a video and now a person here on comic vine saying that you can't be colorblind. My basic understanding of colorblind means you don't see race. Every one is the same you treat them all equally.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

I came in here expecting this to be a post about reading comics with color impairment. Colorblind has two definitions, seeing the wrong colors/only some of the spectrum and the less used version that you seem to understand. Can you give me some context to that statement, cuz idrk what you're saying lmao.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I usually judge more off on body language and clothing personally

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I actually am colorblind but the Australian government won't even give me disability pay for it. Thanks Obama.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Not seeing race means that you choose not to acknowledge their ethnicity and thus a part of their identity just so you feel more comfortable interacting with them. That's not a luxury anybody should have, and can be quite insulting depending on who you're talking to. Not treating a black person differently because he or she is black and dismissing the fact that they are black to begin with are two completely different things. If you have to do the latter to accomplish the former then that's a problem..

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not seeing race means that you choose not to acknowledge their ethnicity and thus a part of their identity just so you feel more comfortable interacting with them. That's not a luxury anybody should have, and can be quite insulting depending on who you're talking to. Not treating a black person differently because he or she is black and dismissing the fact that they are black to begin with are two completely different things. If you have to do the latter to accomplish the former then that's a problem..

Nothing to add here.

Avatar image for darkprimesovereign
DarkPrimeSovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Pretty much said. ^

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Additionally, then people will say they don't care if you're green, pink or blue. You've never seen people with these colors so why even bring it up. I called someone out on this and they couldn't accept it. You'll also hear people say they don't judge people based on their skin color only character which is also bullshit. Or you'll get people leaving silly comments.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Anyone claiming to be colorblind as per your definition is full of it.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just because you want to treat everyone equally doesn't mean you need to be "colorblind" to do so, just don't make assumptions of people from culture/language/color/religion.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

Additionally, then people will say they don't care if you're green, pink or blue. You've never seen people with these colors so why even bring it up. I called someone out on this and they couldn't accept it. You'll also hear people say they don't judge people based on their skin color only character which is also bullshit. Or you'll get people leaving silly comments.

lol Why exactly is behaving toward someone based on how they behave toward you bullshit? Trying to pigeon hole people based on your own limited experience is a silly comment.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:
@juiceboks said:

lol Why exactly is behaving toward someone based on how they behave toward you bullshit? Trying to pigeon hole people based on your own limited experience is a silly comment.

I'll respond to this later. Do you believe in the "I don't see color".

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut?

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what was the point of your response to me. My main comment was about the people who just see people.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I view everyone as equal, yeah, but I don't think "not seeing " race, is possible.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't give preference to a person, based on their race, if that's what you're asking. To me everyone's equal. But I definitely take into account a person's heritage and ethnicity, when I am interacting with them.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This.

Also, I wonder if the whole "I don't see color" nonsense is used on White people.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 juiceboks  Moderator

@static_shock: As far as I've noticed, it's only used by the same type of people who try to prove they're not racist by bringing up their token minority "friend". "I'm not racist. I don't even see color when I make friends with someone. Look at my homie Hakim over here".

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@static_shock: As far as I've noticed, it's only used by the same type of people who try to prove they're not racist by bringing up their token minority "friend". "I'm not racist. I don't even see color when I make friends with someone. Look at my homie Hakim over here".

Okay. I guess I'm not the only one who noticed.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That's the perpetuated ignorance of what racism actually is. When someone does this it proves nothing lmao, there are degrees to racism that being "friends" with someone of color or whatever doesn't mean you're not racist. Sometimes that alone makes someone seem racist. I'll say I judge people by their color,age,job, physical features, whatever. I don't make it dictate how I treat someone necessarily and if I don't know the person, I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't really like black guy in sexual way or something like that. Does that count as racist?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

I can't really like black guy in sexual way or something like that. Does that count as racist?

Uhhhh this is CV aka a children's site lol.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

@never_give_up: I'm kinda younger than all of you :)

I'm 14

Deathstar is probably 10 years younger than you :)

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel people see others' skin colors, nationalities and their cultures. They just don't dismiss them as white, black, et cetera. People are treated as individual cases for the most part. The colorblind nonsense, though, needs to go away because it was probably started by a culture imitator.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

Not even the great & talented Mr. Jaden Smith.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers