About to watch episode 80 of dragonball super

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@soldierofel: holy shit dude, the amount of people calling CW overrated without proposing a solid argument, if any argument at all, lol.

Its inevitable for every well received item to the get to that point. We'll have it for the next year now. Somehow BVS will get thrown in there somewhere, with people claiming it's a underrated masterpiece with smart social commentary and symbolism.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:

@soldierofel: holy shit dude, the amount of people calling CW overrated without proposing a solid argument, if any argument at all, lol.

Its inevitable for every well received item to the get to that point. We'll have it for the next year now. Somehow BVS will get thrown in there somewhere, with people claiming it's a underrated masterpiece with smart social commentary and symbolism.

Lol yeah.

Logan is next in line to get the "DAE think Logan is overrated?" Treatment. I promise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:

Lol yeah.

Logan will get the "it's overrated" treatment. I promise.

Yeah. Or it'll be called a Last of us clone or something.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:

Lol yeah.

Logan will get the "it's overrated" treatment. I promise.

Yeah. Or it'll be called a Last of us clone or something.

It will be called a Last of us clone? Dude, I've already heard people use that as a reason for not being excited, haha.

Also, the amount of people I hear saying "Avengers is overrated" is astounding. I mean, if you already didn't like it, or just don't like it in general, that's fine, but it surprises me to hear people say "The Avengers was good FOR IT'S TIME, but now it's shit because of poor story and cinematography", yet you rarely EVER hear anyone categorise A New Hope as "good for it's time" even though that movie has cheesy acting, dialogue and a bit of pacing issues.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I've seen it a lot on reddit with people saying it's basically the last of us. Like you barely know what the plot is and you're trying to make a guess. I doubt it'll have that much in common but still it'll be labeled as one.

That's true and I think it's mainly the nostalgia shield protecting ANH. I didn't get the hate for the first Avengers. One reviewer said it was too much like a Saturday morning cartoon but that sounds fine for film with that much crazy in it. I still love rewatching the last battle for New York and the Iron Man/Thor fight. For me, it was amazing but it was well received so the overrated comments had to come up sooner or later. Plus it was released the same year as TDKR so of course it had to draw some flack for that.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I've seen it a lot on reddit with people saying it's basically the last of us. Like you barely know what the plot is and you're trying to make a guess. I doubt it'll have that much in common but still it'll be labeled as one.

That's true and I think it's mainly the nostalgia shield protecting ANH. I didn't get the hate for the first Avengers. One reviewer said it was too much like a Saturday morning cartoon but that sounds fine for film with that much crazy in it. I still love rewatching the last battle for New York and the Iron Man/Thor fight. For me, it was amazing but it was well received so the overrated comments had to come up sooner or later. Plus it was released the same year as TDKR so of course it had to draw some flack for that.

Do you like the first Avengers to this day?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Yes indeedy. I kinda thought I wouldn't but when I did my MCU run through a last year, I absolutely loved it. I'll never claim it's objectively perfect because film is subjective, but in my eyes its fantastic and a true achievement. People are welcome to think it's the worst thing ever but I don't. I won't apologise for it being as crazy and fun as it was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this break has been much needed. I got to finish off some college work at the start of the week, which gave me a boost, and spent some time with family. Helped my little cousin with her English book report. Saw John Wick 2 and played Halo Wars 2. Brilliant.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

LOL.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Happy 31st birthday, fellow Aussie!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She looks like Kristen Stewart there.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they ARE doing another Arkham game, I hope Blur Studios does the cutscenes.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You've just been watching too much Twilight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a distinct resemblance there.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note to self: Free by Rudimental is one of the best songs I've heard.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I bought Nutella for the first time today because it was on sale.

BB

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only seen two films with Paxton in them, maybe three but I'm not sure if I saw the first Terminator fully. I should watch the rest Paxton movies.

BB

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566370  Edited By GIliad_

@billy_batson: You won't pay for Nutella unless it's on sale? O_o you're either tight or broke af ;)

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I hope Blur Studios make every cutscene for every game from now on XD

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_:

I've only eaten it once years ago. The sale made me try it again.

BB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's only February and it comes out in December but I really want a Last Jedi trailer now. Even if it's just a teaser with a small amount of footage, I don't care. I need it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566374  Edited By MonsterStomp

@giliad_ said:

@monsterstomp: I hope Blur Studios make every cutscene for every game from now on XD

Na, their talent shouldn't be wasted on C list games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched the first three episodes of Legion...

Pretty much my current thoughts but sign me up!
Pretty much my current thoughts but sign me up!

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, Santa Clarita Diet. What a cool tv show. Portia de Rossi's acting in the last episode killed me with laughter.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:
No Caption Provided

Can you really imagine this with Donald's voice?

Loading Video...

BB

lol.

Mickey voice was a little off though

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oscars in a few hours.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm either clumsy or @***ded given how I'm constantly hurting myself at work.

I'd like to think the former, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of the latter.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha, OH WOW

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people existence are pointless

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imagine trying to listen to music underwater with a decent sized **** in your ear.

That's exactly how music sounds with these shit earphones.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about Shawn Carter the man, but Jay Z the figure, is as awesome as it gets.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last minute predictions for the Academy. The highlighted being the one of the two/three I want most to win.

Best picture:La La Land or Moonlight. Please don't do what you did last year and give to a film which doesn't even utilise cinema as a medium ei. Spotlight.

Best director: This is a tough one. Either Denis Villeneuve or Damien Chazelle. Definitely not Manchester or Gibson (the former being praised for it's script and the latter being... y'know, Mel Gibson).

Best actor: Casey Affleck or Denzel Washington. I wanted Garfield to win, but his chances of winning are like, 5%. Casey on the other hand has been praised for his performance endlessly, but Denzel could surprisingly swoop in and win, which would be disappointing. Definitely Affleck or Denzel.

Best actress: Emma Stone. Please be Emma Stone. Then again, the Academy could surprise/disappoint by picking Meryl Streep or Meryl Streep. I can even see Isabelle winning.

Supporting actor: Mahershala Ali will likely win. And by god, he deserves it. Such a fantastic performance. Lucas Hedges even BEING nominated is a travesty, so is Dev Patel seeing as he isn't a supporting actor, and Jeff Bridges was just being Jeff Bridges. I wouldn't mind if Shannon wins though. It was a very good performance.

Supporting actress: I'm predicting Michelle Williams. She did great though, so I won't be disappointed at all.

Best original screenplay: Hands down, Manchester has this award locked in. Even if I wish La La Land would win.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I agree with most of your Oscar picks. Except I liked Fences more than Moonlight so I want Denzel or Viola Davis to win an award.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmic_templar said:

@theamazingspidey: I agree with most of your Oscar picks. Except I liked Fences more than Moonlight so I want Denzel or Viola Davis to win an award.

I didn't watch Fences (I only watched 6 out of the 9 best picture nominees), but it just looked like Denzel deciding to shoot a play. I like movies that take use of the medium as opposed to filming a screenplay.

Also, Denzel has two oscars. Give it to someone who hasn't had an Oscar before!

EDIT: I just realised that if Denzel wins today, he'll be up there with DDL as one of the only actor to have won three oscars.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people actually care about award shows?

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566388  Edited By Yassassin

As a fan of animation I sure as hell don't. They way they choose Best animated film is basically "Who gives a shit, I think I heard something about this Disney movie"

and yes, of course La La Land is gonna win, it's a movie about Hollywood and Hollywood loves self fellating. That's what the Oscar's are all about.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I ain't watching the Oscars I don't care...

I saw get out...gonna write a non spoiler review later

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

As a fan of animation I sure as hell don't. They way the choose Best animted film is basically "Who gives a shit, I think I heard something about this Disney movie"

and yes, of course La La Land is gonna win, it's a movie about Hollywood and Hollywood loves self fellating. That's what the Oscar's are all about.

That's like saying if Moonlight wins, it's because the Academy loves movies about gay, black characters who are struggled with poverty >_> Or if Fences wins, the oscars love movies about black people based on plays.

Even if the Oscars have bias for La La Land being "about Hollywood" (which I disagree with. This movie is a love letter to people aspiring to their dreams, not hollywood), I still think it deserves it.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, they're fun to talk about and watch (to some people) but yeah, they don't mean a lot at the end of the day.

I mean, they didn't nominate The Lego Movie for best animated movie, or Jake Gyllenhall for best actor. SMH.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

#566392  Edited By KrleAvenger

What the hell Rick Jones has to do with Genis Vell?

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

AHAHAHAHHA

6 gorrilion, goys

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

As a fan of animation I sure as hell don't. They way the choose Best animted film is basically "Who gives a shit, I think I heard something about this Disney movie"

That's like saying if Moonlight wins, it's because the Academy loves movies about gay, black characters who are struggled with poverty >_> Or if Fences wins, the oscars love movies about black people based on plays.

Even if the Oscars have bias for La La Land being "about Hollywood" (which I disagree with. This movie is a love letter to people aspiring to their dreams, not hollywood), I still think it deserves it.

Movie about about Hollywood takes precedent in Oscar bait. . .ness

Same way The Artist beat out Black Swan or Birdman beat Boyhood, or how Spotlight beat. . . anything

I'm not saying these are necessarily bad films in anyway most are good to phenomenal, but there's clearly a formula in work here.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@tvc-15 said:

Same way The Artist beat out Black Swan or Birdman beat Boyhood, or how Spotlight beat. . . anything

I'm not saying these are necessarily bad films in anyway most are good to phenomenal, but there's clearly a formula in work here.

Eh, I preferred Birdman to Boyhood. I liked Boyhood, thought it was fascinating: but it was boring overall. I think Whiplash should've won.

But yeah, I agree, the Academy has a bias for films about Hollywood.

Why Spotlight, though?!

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@tvc-15 said:

Eh, I preferred Birdman to Boyhood. I liked Boyhood, thought it was fascinating: but it was boring overall. I think Whiplash should've won.

But yeah, I agree, the Academy has a bias for films about Hollywood.

Why Spotlight, though?!

Sorry I had a massive brain fart, I meant Argo. Don't know how in God's name I confused the two.

Btw, when I say "about Hollywood" I mean about making a film.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez the man's been Blacklisted for almost 10 years.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. But nowadays it's more of an empty award and quite meaningless. Just for bragging rights. Because most of the judges don't even watch all the movies. They just go with the mainstream audience's opinion.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#566399  Edited By removekebab

@tvc-15 said:

Jeez the man's been Blacklisted for almost 10 years.

(((They))) don't care. Thin skin tbh.

Whatever, I hope he gets either best picture or best director just to piss 'em off.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching Swiss Army Man.

Well, that's an ODD movie.