deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

Synder did a interview with Comicbook.com today, saying that Superman will have a large role in Justice League. My eye hasn't stopped twitching for the last half an hour. Does that mean he's coming back in the last half an hour or maybe half way through the film? Will he be able to string more than two sentences together? Toon in next time to see what happens!

I'd love to get ecstatic about Snyder saying Superman plays a huge part in the film, but here's the full quote by Snyder:

"His presence and lack of presence are big story points..."

Meaning when Snyder says "Superman will play a big role in the story" he means that Superman will have an impact on the story ei. Wonder Woman is inspired by him, they're searching for his body, Superman gave Batman hope, not necessarily that he will be in the film a lot :( Key phrase is "lack of presence" is big story point.

You see what you're doing to me TAS!

Actually it's a good job I reread the interview and you cleared it up. I know the other Leaguers, like flash, Wondy, Aquaman and Cyborg are important but I want more Superman. Even after his own origin film and the sequel, I still feel like I don't know him. If he's back for like ten minutes, with four lines of dialogue, that being him arguing with Batman and doing some stuff, it'll be a waste. I also feel though, that bringing him back too early and people will complain that his death meant nothing. Which it slightly does but that's something for another time.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Affleck nailed the role, though. I know it's been said a million times, but he's awesome in it.

Love the scenes of Clark investigating Batman.

Junkie XL and Hans Zimmer's score is still great as usual. I love how Lex's theme is just Superman's in reverse.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gal Gadot is... perfect...

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

Synder did a interview with Comicbook.com today, saying that Superman will have a large role in Justice League. My eye hasn't stopped twitching for the last half an hour. Does that mean he's coming back in the last half an hour or maybe half way through the film? Will he be able to string more than two sentences together? Toon in next time to see what happens!

I'd love to get ecstatic about Snyder saying Superman plays a huge part in the film, but here's the full quote by Snyder:

Meaning when Snyder says "Superman will play a big role in the story" he means that Superman will have an impact on the story ei. Wonder Woman is inspired by him, they're searching for his body, Superman gave Batman hope, not necessarily that he will be in the film a lot :( Key phrase is "lack of presence" is big story point.

Actually it's a good job I reread the interview and you cleared it up. I know the other Leaguers, like flash, Wondy, Aquaman and Cyborg are important but I want more Superman. Even after his own origin film and the sequel, I still feel like I don't know him. If he's back for like ten minutes, with four lines of dialogue, that being him arguing with Batman and doing some stuff, it'll be a waste. I also feel though, that bringing him back too early and people will complain that his death meant nothing. Which it slightly does but that's something for another time.

I feel you, man. I want Superman to get more love. I can't stress this enough... I'm rewatching BvS (guilty pleasure, I know ^_^) and they literally zapped every ounce of charisma out of this otherwise charismatic, fun, likeable actor. What a shame. The ending of BvS is the perfect starting point for Superman to be less down on himself and give Cavill the opportunity to showcase his charisma, it'd be a shame if it's only for 30 minutes.

Let's say the movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes long. I think the first hour should be w/o Superman, so we'd be left with 1 hour and 20 minutes of the guy. What do you think?

You also hit the nail on the head in terms of people complaining if they resurrect him too soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

I feel you, man. I want Superman to get more love. I can't stress this enough... I'm rewatching BvS (guilty pleasure, I know ^_^) and they literally zapped every ounce of charisma out of this otherwise charismatic, fun, likeable actor. What a shame. The ending of BvS is the perfect starting point for Superman to be less down on himself and give Cavill the opportunity to showcase his charisma, it'd be a shame if it's only for 30 minutes.

Let's say the movie is 2 hours and 20 minutes long. I think the first hour should be w/o Superman, so we'd be left with 1 hour and 20 minutes of the guy. What do you think?

You also hit the nail on the head in terms of people complaining if they resurrect him too soon.

Guilty pleasure, my right foot! I'm joking. But it's true. Cavil actually loves the character and did a lot of prep for the MOS role by reading up on stuff. But he was constantly constrained in both MOS and BVS that he wasn't given a chance to shine.

Come on, this is a Snyder film, the theatrical release will be at least 2 hours 30 and the extended edition day one dlc will be at least six hours. Again, joking, hopefully. But 1 hour 20 seems enough to give him some focus but it's still difficult since you've gotta sell the other characters. Hopefully the previous hour spends it's time on character development.

Right? All those saying it was a gutsy move will be moaning and there's a chance it will be seen as a joke of a move.

Question for you. The director of 'A Monster Calls' has recently said that he'd like to direct the next Superman film. What do you think?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 films to go.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

Guilty pleasure, my right foot! I'm joking. But it's true. Cavil actually loves the character and did a lot of prep for the MOS role by reading up on stuff. But he was constantly constrained in both MOS and BVS that he wasn't given a chance to shine.

Come on, this is a Snyder film, the theatrical release will be at least 2 hours 30 and the extended edition day one dlc will be at least six hours. Again, joking, hopefully. But 1 hour 20 seems enough to give him some focus but it's still difficult since you've gotta sell the other characters. Hopefully the previous hour spends it's time on character development.

Right? All those saying it was a gutsy move will be moaning and there's a chance it will be seen as a joke of a move.

Question for you. The director of 'A Monster Calls' has recently said that he'd like to direct the next Superman film. What do you think?

sigh discussions like this get my cynical and worked up again, Lol. I'm trying my absolute best to be positive about the Justice League movie, but when you take into consider:

• the DCEU's track record
  • Zack Snyder's previous directorial efforts
  • The fact that Snyder struggled to handle three characters and now we're expecting him to do six
  • Superman will likely only be in the third act
  • The fact they still need to set up multiple characters...
  • ... On top of Amy Adams and Jeremy Irons being in it
  • As well as rumours of Deathstroke and Green Lantern being in the movie
  • Warner Bros being in panic mood and trying to create a "fun" product to cater to the haters
  • The villains and stakes have to be established...

I'd be incredible if they beat the odds and Justice League is actually great.

I know it's growing redundant to say, but you should know why :)

Can't say I've seen A Monster's Call, but I will say I'm acquainted with the tone of the movie and I honestly think Brad Bird / JA Boyona type directors should stay far away from the DCEU.

I love Patty Jenkins and Snyder's visuals and direction for the universe. I'm more concerned about the writers :)

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of Injustice 2 news coming out today. Finally.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of Injustice 2 news coming out today. Finally.

Oooh, where?!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Wonder Woman gets shit reviews I won't be going to the cinema. No point watching it. Going to start treating CBMs like normal films.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

If Wonder Woman gets shit reviews I won't be going to the cinema. No point watching it. Going to start treating CBMs like normal films.

Same applies for Justice League?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw Dawn of Justice once more. This is the umpteenth time and it might be my last for a while. This is the first time I watch it for ages though. When the Ultimate Cut came out, I'd literally watch it every day, on rare occasions twice a day. This is probably my 10th time watching, quite literally.

Simply put, this is a bad movie made watchable by it's redeeming aspects. The dialogue is convoluted, and confusing character motivations is the outcome. The story is unpolished and clunky, and the result is a story of little coherence. Character development is often told as opposed to shown, making it feel worthless and of little weight. However, this film is filled to the brim with imagery, unique direction and creative vision, unconventional creative decisions, controversy, and set up which brings me back to the movie again and again. This doesn't make it a good movie though. I was surprised to find myself only enjoying particular aspects of the movie such as the warehouse scene, the openings, and every Wonder Woman scene.

Speaking of which, I hate to say it but I'm still not entirely sold on Gal Gadot as Diana. I don't know if it's just me being a harsh critic being the fanboy I am, but although her presence was welcomed here as her presence was fleeting, I don't know if she can channel the charisma and kindness of Wonder Woman yet. We'll see, perhaps under Jenkins's direction she can do just that.

Oh, and the 3+ hour runtime for this film is inexcusable. The story is still padded, burdened by set up, sparse interaction between Batman and Superman, and a confusing narrative.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I suddenly have the impulse to write something that was partly influenced by George Orwell's "1984", "Star Wars", "Star Trek" & "Neon Genesis Evangelion"

This project might actually work.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563965  Edited By MonsterStomp

@theamazingspidey: Well I managed to avoid the Avengers until DVD release so yeah.

Was actually disappointed with all the hype.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Well I managed to avoid the Avengers until DVD release so yeah.

Was actually disappointed with all the hype.

Ah, okay. Well, I admire you if you're able to do this. Although, I'm wondering what the standard for "shit reviews" is. Say Justice League scores 50% on RT... would you watch it in cinemas?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: That'd be a tough one. Might wait it out. Is this a strady 50%? Because I saw Suicide Squad when it was 60% and that shit dropped drastically.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: was Suicide Squad ever 50%? Lol.

Say it was a steady 50%. Would you consider watching?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: Yeah I will see it. I really enjoyed Man of Steel and TASM 2 which most consider unworthy for Valhalla.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: On www.twitch.tv/netherrealm at 14:00 American time. For me that's around 22:00, so I'll definitely be asleep by then LOL. I'll catch it on Youtube tomorrow.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League Dark was actually a well done DC Animated Film. After that I definitely need John Constantine to appear and Zatanna to return in Injustice 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

sigh discussions like this get my cynical and worked up again, Lol. I'm trying my absolute best to be positive about the Justice League movie, but when you take into consider:

• The fact that Snyder struggled to handle three characters and now we're expecting him to do six
  • Warner Bros being in panic mood and trying to create a "fun" product to cater to the haters

Can't say I've seen A Monster's Call, but I will say I'm acquainted with the tone of the movie and I honestly think Brad Bird / JA Boyona type directors should stay far away from the DCEU.

I love Patty Jenkins and Snyder's visuals and direction for the universe. I'm more concerned about the writers :)

All of these make me hella nervous when it comes to JL. It's insanely difficult to do that many heroes at once. You can make the argument that GOTG was the same but what I think worked with GOTG was that the characters aren't really that fleshed out within the comic universe. Barely anyone knows who they are or were but with the JL most people have some minimal knowledge of who's who. Especially with the Flash tv series proving popular with audiences. But like we've said, gotta keep rising it up. I'm cautiously optimistic. In fact, I'm slightly more optimistic for JL then I was with BVS.

Ah, see I'm not gonna see A Monster Calls mainly because it'll make me cry like a little b!^#h but the director did seem enthusiastic about doing a Superman film. If he proves good with the new Jurassic World film then maybe he can do a MOS sequel. Who knows?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League Dark was actually a well done DC Animated Film. After that I definitely need John Constantine to appear and Zatanna to return in Injustice 2.

How's Batman's involvement with the JLD? Does he end up as the main character or is he a definitive supporting character?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite all this premature hate towards the DCEU's future. Its only birthed from the fact that you have some optimistic hope that they'll be good.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo, Juelz Santana killed Beamer, Benz or Bentley.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: He's a definitive supporting character. I like how they made him take the back seat and let the professionals do their own thing while he helped whenever he could.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

I honestly don't expect to like The Last Jedi as much as Rogue One.

Because you enjoyed Rogue so much or you don't have high expectations of The Last Jedi

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563979  Edited By Super_ninja
No Caption Provided

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@giliad_ said:
@xwraith said:

I honestly don't expect to like The Last Jedi as much as Rogue One.

Because you enjoyed Rogue so much or you don't have high expectations of The Last Jedi

The first one. I don't want to say "Rogue One is the Star Wars movie I've been waiting all my life for", but it's close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Fuller House Season 2

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite all this premature hate towards the DCEU's future. Its only birthed from the fact that you have some optimistic hope that they'll be good.

Damn right, man.

Suicide Squad is dreadful and Man of Steel and BvS were OK, but the DCEU still holds a special place in my heart. I only used to read Spider-Man comics, and by the time BvS came out, I didn't read anything, but those movies piqued my attention in DC, urging me to explore characters beside Spider-Man and get a bit more "serious" about my comics.

It's why I'm reluctant to write the DCEU off as a failure. I'm a bit biased.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:
@theamazingspidey said:
@soldierofel said:

All of these make me hella nervous when it comes to JL. It's insanely difficult to do that many heroes at once. You can make the argument that GOTG was the same but what I think worked with GOTG was that the characters aren't really that fleshed out within the comic universe. Barely anyone knows who they are or were but with the JL most people have some minimal knowledge of who's who. Especially with the Flash tv series proving popular with audiences. But like we've said, gotta keep rising it up. I'm cautiously optimistic. In fact, I'm slightly more optimistic for JL then I was with BVS.

Ah, see I'm not gonna see A Monster Calls mainly because it'll make me cry like a little b!^#h but the director did seem enthusiastic about doing a Superman film. If he proves good with the new Jurassic World film then maybe he can do a MOS sequel. Who knows?

That is true. Guardians of the Galaxy executed it well, but as you mentioned they were obscure characters with little expectations from audiences, and Snyder is no Gunn. The good thing about Guardians is that he didn't waste time explaining the backstories of the characters. That's where Suicide Squad misplaced it's foot, overestimating the importance of backstories. We don't need to know anything about Flash's origins with the exception of a throwaway "I was electrified, so I'm really fast" line. But y'know, as you mentioned, people will complain because these are characters we have expectations for.

GoTG was also less demanding as it was a standalone movie. On top of establishing the characters in this movie, they also need to build on the development of the characters from BvS which does them more favours than good. Especially resurrecting Superman. GoTG was only concerned with being a good standalone movie, while I can see Justice League concerning itself with setting up future films.

Lol, I'll wait for the DVD release. The only setting point for me being that Jyn Erso is in it :P

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yaaas. Got my tickets to meet Kojima early next month.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna be releasing 3 review this week.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield got nominated for Hacksaw Ridge? My man!

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Garfield got nominated for Hacksaw Ridge? My man!

Yeah man, I'm so proud and so hyped for him. Can't wait for Garfield to finally be an OSCAR W- *sees that Casey Affleck is nominated* ergh, maybe some other year, Garfield.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
deactivated-5b5405244e89c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Walk away.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

Yaaas. Got my tickets to meet Kojima early next month.

You're so lucky.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdirector786: I guess, thank you. Never thought Kojima would come to Australia, so you never know.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: can't nominate the same actor twice and His performance for Hacksaw Ridge got more buzz. I'm eager to see Silence, though.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Another day of dodging the rain.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It always rains on Tuesday.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got Deepwater Horizon on DVD.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564000  Edited By MonsterStomp

Amber Heard is hot. Loved her in Never Back Down.