What would the world be like if?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you could alter history what would you change could be small or large. How do you think it would turn out?

I'd like to see what the world would be like if European's never made it into Africa. I doubt the western hemisphere would be the way it is. The true people of the land might still be around in larger groups and Europe would probably be very, very, very, very poor. The African content would probably be very, very, very, very, very rich.

Blood_Red_Rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Blood_Red_Rage

I'd like to see what would have happened if Hannibal had conquered Rome. The Roman influence on the development of the western world was huge, could be quite the change.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

Electricity was never discovered. I realize how hypocritical that sounds as I type this over a computer but I've always wondered.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

If England had won the Revolutionary War and America always remained a British colony.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By INLIFE

The true people of the land might still be around in larger groups and Europe would probably be very, very, very, very poor. The African content would probably be very, very, very, very, very rich.

I want to comment, but I am keeping quiet.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would like to see what would happen if America had kings instead of presidents.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By dngn4774

@nelomaxwell said:

If you could alter history what would you change could be small or large. How do you think it would turn out?

I'd like to see what the world would be like if European's never made it into Africa. I doubt the western hemisphere would be the way it is. The true people of the land might still be around in larger groups and Europe would probably be very, very, very, very poor. The African content would probably be very, very, very, very, very rich.

Sure that might limit the damage but it wouldn't have prevented the slave trade or reduce warfare on the continent. In the early situations where Europe did not outright dominate African territories, they still traded their technology (Firearms) for slaves. Even in a world were Europe didn't colonize Africa they would still have exploited them during the industrial revolution. They would have simply bought off large portions of Africa's resources and refined them into more intricate products (example rubber into tires, gold and ivory into jewelry, etc.) for a greater profit. This would still be a form of economic exploitation similar to what the English did to India. The whole continent was doomed the moment that Portugal found a way to sail around the Sahara.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Oh, I got one! If the South won the Civil War and the United States were divided in half, then Russia wins WWII and one half of America becomes communist.

Not sure where that would put us, but doesn't it sound interesting.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the Chinese never built the great wall.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What if Brazil kept the expansionist designs during the Imperial days? What if we conquered all of South America?