What Powers and Gadgets Are Possible With Real World Tech

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By algorhythm511

What superpowers or gadget from the comics could be replicated by tech in the real world? Doesn't have to be exact. I'll start:

Daredevil's Enhanced Hearing and Radar Sense

Tech: High gain microphones embedded into the cowl. Overly loud sounds are attenuated to prevent hearing damage. The suit also contains other sensors: infrared, UV, and motion detection. This is fed into a logic board and, using machine learning software that feeds to Google Glass like technology gives the wearer a 360 view of their surroundings. With the right software this could also be used to look for signs of possible danger and alert the user. Giving the user a spider sense.

Here is another:

Batman's Gliding Cape

Tech: The closest thing to that would be a Wingsuit.

No Caption Provided

So, it doesn't have to be overly technical. I just know a lot about AI, so that's why I posted that long technical description for Daredevil.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Iron mans suit

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump...going through some old posts and found this one collecting dust in the closet.

QuitHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enhanced strength via exoskeleton

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Bruxae

Exoskeleton for strength, mount lasers to head and a fire extinguisher, add thermal vision and you got a budget superman I guess.

There are already handheld lasers sold to the public that are capable of lighting things on fire, and people doesn't seem to have a problem finding liquid nitrogen to amp that extinguisher.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to get some wings like Falcon had in the movie. I figure they're possible to build.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Falcon's wing suit.