What Power Would You Get? (Not which one you'd want)

Bruiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Bruiser

Many stories have been surfacing, from Heroes to Twilight to the Incredibles to Gen-13, that now attribute appropriate powers to the character in relation to their personality.  E.g. Human Torch: temper, need for thrill and excitement ---> Pyrokinesis. 

My theory is that you can find your power by analyzing yourself.  Find your best quality, your worst quality, and a neutral-yet-significant quality. 

For example... 
Best:  I'm compassionate, and always willing to provide counselling and advice to friends and strangers. 
Worst: I'm quick to judge people, and have a tendency to want to change others' behaviour. 
Neutral:  I can understand people well, what motivates them and brings them down. 

Power: Telepathy. 

Now, if you do try this, do not pick your favourite power, then try to match it to your personality.  Find what power would match your personality, whether you want it or not.  And feel free to pick a few if you can't decide. 

Have fun learning about yourself in the geekiest way possible.

Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Retnex

Best: I'm really really patient and hard to annoy.
Worst: A lot of the decisions I make tend to back fire.
Neutral: I have good common sense, but hardly ever use it. 

I can stop time, I guess.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Best : Funny, Outgoing, Forgiving, Outrageous
Worst: Jealous, Overthinking, Self- Centered
Neutral: Intense, passionate

Don't know what power matches that....

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Lunacyde said:
" Best : Funny, Outgoing, Forgiving, OutrageousWorst: Jealous, Overthinking, Self- CenteredNeutral: Intense, passionate  Don't know what power matches that.... "
Sounds like a fire or energy based kinda power to me. Something out of control.
RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RedK

takes alot to get me angery, very patient, can keep a level head
negative: can be very apethic, don't like showing emotion, have a load of friends but i'm not bothered if i don't see them for months on end like over the summer so i guess you cpuld say i'm a loner with friends, talk about an oxymoron

maybe ice control

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

Good: I'm fully willing to admit when I'm wrong and I'm not easy to anger(most of the time)
Bad: When I am angered, it's not pretty. I'm also very sarcastic and sometimes mean. 
Neutral: I'm very creative and I actually think of unique ways to use abilities in my free time. 

I don't know what I'd get.

Bruiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bruiser
@NexusOfLight: Agreed.  The words "outgoing", "jealous", and "passionate" stick out a lot.  I'd say Pyrokinesis (fire generation/control), would be a great match.   Fire represents raw emotion, passion, and energy. 
You could have also been electrokinesis (electricity generation/control), but because fire is raging and strong, yet also very productive, I think that's a good fit.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Decoy Elite:  Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde kinda thing or Bruce Banner/Joe Fixit.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Decoy Elite:  Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde kinda thing or Bruce Banner/Joe Fixit. "
Hulk powers? Lame >:(
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Decoy Elite said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
Hulk powers? Lame >:( "
"When I'm angered, it's not pretty" sounds a lot like "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Decoy Elite
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
Hulk powers? Lame >:( "
"When I'm angered, it's not pretty" sounds a lot like "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." "
Son of a- Hoisted on my own petard! Or however that phrase goes.
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By DH69

i get nothin good from my personality...

Darkseid Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Darkseid Elite

Best: I'm a hard worker and think before I do most things.  
Worst: I have a short temper and have a hard time concetrating on stuff.  
Neutral: I try not to judge others and try to stay positive
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NexusOfLight
@DH69: Empathic based ability 

@Darkseid Elite: Super thinker. You can see a bunch of scenarios play out in your head based on everything you know and don't know, making it so you always choose the best possible thing for any given situation.
Bruiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bruiser
@Decoy Elite: Now, this power is not very common, but I have a pick. 

You can be a little vulnerable and open (admitting your mistakes, very noble), and somewhat passive emotionally.  However, when you get emotionally "overloaded", you can take it out without a lot of ration (tell me if I'm wrong, please).  And if you're creative, you can take a situation and manipulate it to your liking. 

With these characteristics you gave me... 
Energy absorption and release. 
This power is very interesting because it's somewhat complex, but if you know how to use it (someone creative, like yourself), it's spectacular. 

Think Bishop from X-Men.  Passively or actively absorbing any and all forms of energy, and releasing it at will.  However, if overloaded, it will erupt in a radius unless channeled.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Bruiser: Sounds about right, and I do like the power a lot more than Hulk powers.
Bruiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bruiser
@Darkseid Elite: No disrespect to NexusOfLight, but, as an avid reader of humanistic psychology, I feel that terms like "thinking" and "intelligence" should never be superpowers, because we all think in extraordinary ways, just all different. 
I'd say if you think ahead all the time, have a hard time conentrating, and try to stay positive, I'd say precognition. 
Now, I know some media have given the power a "lame" rep, but I'm not referring to they type of precognition where you sleep and get a long, heavy flash, then get pissed and paranoid. 
Yes, some uncontrollable visions would occur (lack of concentration), but you can see into 5 seconds to years in the future.  You could avoid troubles, and figure out ways to change little outcomes to your favour.  If you know how to use it, it's a pretty amazing ability.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@NexusOfLight said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" Best : Funny, Outgoing, Forgiving, OutrageousWorst: Jealous, Overthinking, Self- CenteredNeutral: Intense, passionate  Don't know what power matches that.... "
Sounds like a fire or energy based kinda power to me. Something out of control. "
Maybe a nuclear power....I don't want to be lame and say Pyrokinesis like probably a billion other peeople.
Bruiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bruiser
@DH69: Don't be so hard on yourself.  There's got to be something you like about yourself.  Not trying to play Freud here, but if give me some things about you (random order), I can match one up with you. 

And I'm surprised how many people are in this forum.  I made this for the Quest, but also thought it was cool.  I guess, as comic fanatics, we all imagine having super powers, but now we get to think of it in a more realistic way (in a sense), because in comics, characters RARELY ever choose their powers.
Bruiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bruiser
@Lunacyde: Nice thinking with the nuclear power.  Pretty cool.  But it seems more passive, emitting radiation SLOWLY... 
With pyrokinesis, it's a BURST of energy, and it's very intense, like passion.
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DH69
@Bruiser said:
" @DH69: Don't be so hard on yourself.  There's got to be something you like about yourself.  Not trying to play Freud here, but if give me some things about you (random order), I can match one up with you.  And I'm surprised how many people are in this forum.  I made this for the Quest, but also thought it was cool.  I guess, as comic fanatics, we all imagine having super powers, but now we get to think of it in a more realistic way (in a sense), because in comics, characters RARELY ever choose their powers. "

yeaaaaaah i dont like anything about myself, thats the beauty of depression. at best i would come off as a bleeding heart goth jackass and nobody wants that, especially not me
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By spiderpigbart

Best: Genius level IQ, funny 
Worst: I have little patience with morons. 
Neutral: Sarcastic 

So, I guess I would have a computer built into my brain.  Cool.

NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NexusOfLight
@Bruiser said:

" @Darkseid Elite: No disrespect to NexusOfLight, but, as an avid reader of humanistic psychology, I feel that terms like "thinking" and "intelligence" should never be superpowers, because we all think in extraordinary ways, just all different. I'd say if you think ahead all the time, have a hard time conentrating, and try to stay positive, I'd say precognition. Now, I know some media have given the power a "lame" rep, but I'm not referring to they type of precognition where you sleep and get a long, heavy flash, then get pissed and paranoid. Yes, some uncontrollable visions would occur (lack of concentration), but you can see into 5 seconds to years in the future.  You could avoid troubles, and figure out ways to change little outcomes to your favour.  If you know how to use it, it's a pretty amazing ability. "

http://www.comicvine.com/midnighter/29-2196/ Was actually what I was going for. I couldn't think of a thing to call that other than super thinking. I understand where you're coming from, though.  
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spiderpigbart said:
" Best: Genius level IQ, funny Worst: I have little patience with morons. Neutral: Sarcastic  So, I guess I would have a computer built into my brain.  Cool. "
Everyone wants to be Midnighter all the sudden. Although I have a feeling others would give you a different power. 
I'd say Technopathy.
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" Best: Genius level IQ, funny Worst: I have little patience with morons. Neutral: Sarcastic  So, I guess I would have a computer built into my brain.  Cool. "
Everyone wants to be Midnighter all the sudden. Although I have a feeling others would give you a different power.  I'd say Technopathy. "
I don't mean like Midnighter, I mean I would basically have Windows 7 in my brain.  
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
Everyone wants to be Midnighter all the sudden. Although I have a feeling others would give you a different power.  I'd say Technopathy. "
I don't mean like Midnighter, I mean I would basically have Windows 7 in my brain.   "
I still say Technopathy is a better fit.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NexusOfLight
@spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
I don't mean like Midnighter, I mean I would basically have Windows 7 in my brain.   "
Isn't that technopathy anyway?
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
I still say Technopathy is a better fit. "
Maybe.  
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Decoy Elite
@NexusOfLight said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
Isn't that technopathy anyway? "
Kinda, Technopathy would allow him to communicate with machines, while a computer brain would allow him to calculate things at an inhuman rate.
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite said:

" @NexusOfLight said:

" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
Isn't that technopathy anyway? "
Kinda, Technopathy would allow him to communicate with machines, while a computer brain would allow him to calculate things at an inhuman rate. "
I think that my suggestion would allow me to hack into stuff reallllly well.  I would steal billions from multinational companies.  On the other hand, with technopathy, I could go to a bank machine and make it give me money.  Either is good.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spiderpigbart: Pick Technopathy, with it you can control anything that has something resembling an AI. And if everyone has superpowers in this little world, then there should be robots and junk like that! :D
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cascadeking09

This is lame cause I dont even know who I am.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Bruiser said:
" @Lunacyde: Nice thinking with the nuclear power.  Pretty cool.  But it seems more passive, emitting radiation SLOWLY... With pyrokinesis, it's a BURST of energy, and it's very intense, like passion. "
True, but who says the nature of my power is only slowly emitting radiation. Perhaps I can cause uncontrollable explosions of nuclear fission/fusion. The splitting of atoms to create nuclear energy seems to be a very volatile and intense process to me :)
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite: Technically, if I had software built into my brain, I would have all the advantages of technopathy, along with amazing calculation and the ability to download stuff into my mind.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NexusOfLight
@cascadeking09 said:
" This is lame cause I dont even know who I am. "
The very fact that you know that puts you ahead of so many people already.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite: Technically, if I had software built into my brain, I would have all the advantages of technopathy, along with amazing calculation and the ability to download stuff into my mind. "
Good point, you could make your own robots.
MetatronDaDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MetatronDaDon

super speed and durability!!!

spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite: Technically, if I had software built into my brain, I would have all the advantages of technopathy, along with amazing calculation and the ability to download stuff into my mind. "
Good point, you could make your own robots. "
Or hack into anything.............................. MONEYZ!!!!!!!
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
Or hack into anything.............................. MONEYZ!!!!!!! "
Why do I have the feeling that you'd use your powers for personal gain?
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cascadeking09
@NexusOfLight said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
The very fact that you know that puts you ahead of so many people already. "
U mean me not knowing who I am?
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ARMIV

Good:I'm willing to listen to people's problems,I'm always there to be shoulder for someone to dry on,(from what I've been told) I'm a nice guy,I try to avoid sensless conflict and I know when to keep my mouth shut.
Bad: Short-fuse,weak willpower in areas where it should be stronger,can be very hypocritical and brash and stubborn at times. 
Neutral: I get people and have a decent capactiy for understanding motive. That and I can hold a high note for about...3 seconds.

...I don't know what this would get me...What do you think?

spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
Why do I have the feeling that you'd use your powers for personal gain? "
Why would you think that?
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NexusOfLight
@cascadeking09 said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
The very fact that you know that puts you ahead of so many people already. "
U mean me not knowing who I am? "
No one knows who they are, and usually spend half their life searching. Once they find, or at least think they find out who they are, they try to find out what they're supposed to do with themselves, and that's the other half of their life. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spiderpigbart said:

" @Decoy Elite said:

" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
Why would you think that? "
Not sure maybe it was the things about stealing money. Not that I wouldn't abuse my powers, energy manipulation can be a powerful thing. >:)
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:

" @Decoy Elite said:

" @spiderpigbart said:
" @Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
Why would you think that? "
Not sure maybe it was the things about stealing money. Not that I wouldn't abuse my powers, energy manipulation can be a powerful thing. >:) "
If we teamed up, we would be the most kick ass people since........... for a little while.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NexusOfLight
@ARMIV: You sound like Peter Parker, but I don't think spidey-powers fit your description. You take the burden of others, sounds like a durability thing to me.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ARMIV said:
"

Good:I'm willing to listen to people's problems,I'm always there to be shoulder for someone to dry on,(from what I've been told) I'm a nice guy,I try to avoid sensless conflict and I know when to keep my mouth shut.
Bad: Short-fuse,weak willpower in areas where it should be stronger,can be very hypocritical and brash and stubborn at times. 
Neutral: I get people and have a decent capactiy for understanding motive. That and I can hold a high note for about...3 seconds.

...I don't know what this would get me...What do you think?

"
Hydrokinesis.....can be smooth and calming, or powerful and raging.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Decoy Elite
@spiderpigbart:  We'd be epic until we ran into a Superman like person. Unless they're solar powered, in which case I could take him down.
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ARMIV
@NexusOfLight said:
" @ARMIV: You sound like Peter Parker, but I don't think spidey-powers fit your description. You take the burden of others, sounds like a durability thing to me. "

You mean like being invincible?
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By spiderpigbart
@Decoy Elite said:
" @spiderpigbart:  We'd be epic until we ran into a Superman like person. Unless they're solar powered, in which case I could take him down. "
I would put you in to keep him busy until I made something to kill him.  See?  Maybe we should make an RP.....