What do other country's think of Americans?

• 51 results
dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Do just not care? Do like this country? Do dislike it? I would love as many views as possible.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

They must love us if so many of their citizens want to come here illegally.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By mysticmedivh

I am not American.

Despite all the shit it gets, I see America as a prosperous and mighty nation. From its technological and scientific contributions to the world, to it being the hallmark of Western civilization and freedoms. No country is perfect, but the US is pretty damn good.

It's a country you can be proud of.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat and stupid

Sorry.

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50: I said I wanted all views possible , you simply gave me one. What country are you from?

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Insertnewname

America is, based on its people, really cool. What they politically do.. not so much. They economy also doesn't look that well, I would never trust American banks.

All in all I would rather spend my holidays there than to live there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonrampage: Sweden, scandinavia is know for its very leftish policies

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Stupid, evil, full of shit... More or less the same as every other country. The difference is that she is in the position to show how bad and evil of a country it is.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Maybe I am understating it, but I imagine other countries look to us as the ancient Greeks looked to the Olympians on Mount Olympus.

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best in the damn world.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Murica

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insertnewname: What in your opinion makes the people really cool as you put it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't think. They just stew in their jealousy.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fat slobs most of whom will never set foot outside thier own country.....

Jokes aside America is a great country. It has its problems but what country doesn't.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@laflux said:

Jokes aside America is a great country. It has its problems but what country doesn't.

It has a lot of problems other first world countries don't.

In any case, yeah, they're cool and have some sexy women. America is a nice place to visit.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge true but as a Britian considering how much we appropriate American culture I feel we are less able to point out our cousins faults than say Japan or France...

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I'm american , why would I want to go to another country? We have Yellowstone park, mountains, swamps , deserts, plains , salt deserts,sand dunes,beaches, forests- you name it. Why spend all that time and money on a plane / boat and go through all that hassle to get a passport?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonrampage

To learn about different cultures and customs other than your own perhaps :p?

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I'm doing that right now. Just kidding I can see that point as well. Do Americans in general leave their country on factions less than others?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

Fat and stupid

Sorry.

You forgot lazy, it's " fat, stupid and lazy", I mean if you're gonna dis us at least be thorough and get it right. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dewin50 said:

Fat and stupid

Sorry.

You forgot lazy, it's " fat, stupid and lazy", I mean if you're gonna dis us at least be thorough and get it right. ;)

No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I'm doing that right now. Just kidding I can see that point as well. Do Americans in general leave their country on factions less than others?

I guess they do so less than other developed countries. My Family is relatively travel shy but we've been abroad on quite a few occasions. I have friends who seem to travel to every other week. But I see your point and I have mentioned it to others, America is a huge country with a wide range of flora and fauna. Also Americans have less time off than other Western Nations so have less time to travel abroad.

Avatar image for mr_nofunallowed
Mr_NoFunAllowed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mr_NoFunAllowed

@dragonrampage: The Philippines love the U.S.A. I saw a poll back in '14 that showed we loved USA the most compared to other countries, including the USA itself!

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

They don't think. They just stew in their jealousy.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I like the USA and I have always been interested in it's culture and people. One of my dreams is one day to move there and spent my life there.

However, people in my country, most of them at least, do not like the USA at all. They hate their politics, their ideology and how they are always part of every problem in no matter what country around the world.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insertnewname: What in your opinion makes the people really cool as you put it?

Americans are really nice and caring. They are actually up to talk with you about your problems.. and they are not as ashamed of their feelings as other people. That sounds like I got love glasses on, on that's because I have, don't worry, I know not everyone there is like this. I was only in NY so far

lynx_animation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of American pop culture first and foremost, the advancements in every field in technology is another reason I absolutely love it. I love New York (as a city), same with L.A, but there it ends for me personally. I mean just look at who is running for president and whos supporting them. In general, I don't like most of its populace but there are so many people I know that are truly outstanding in every way.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

They're adorable! ^_^

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonrampage: I don't think so, at least my country isn't. I live in Germany and we people rather suck it up and use our feelings as a drive to achieve things. If you show emotions you are seen as lazy because you don't focus 100% on your work.. It's ok though, that also makes us a bit more united because we have the same drive.

Haha love your example, man if that's one of the problems you hate the most you must be living a dream^^ I'm glad you do

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By VashtaNerada88

This here speaks for itself about America and its people

The United States is the only country to rank in the Top 10 for all three kinds of giving covered by the World Giving Index: helping a stranger (1st), volunteering time (joint 5th) and donating money (9th). Myanmar has improved on its joint second place reported in 2013, with an increase from 58% to 64% in the World Giving Index. As highlighted previously, Myanmar’s lead ranking is mainly due to an extraordinarily high incidence of donating money, which has seen a further uplift this year to stand at 91% from 85% reported in last year’s report. (2014 rankings)

Care to read further? here,

https://www.cbd.int/financial/charity/g-worldgiving.pdf (2013 results)

https://www.cafonline.org/docs/default-source/about-us-publications/caf_wgi2014_report_1555awebfinal.pdf (2014 results)

http://www.cafamerica.org/wp-content/uploads/1755A_WGI2015_Report_WEB_V2_FINAL.pdf (2015 results)

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never disliked any country and America is an awesome country, also Americans created most of my favorite characters, movies, TV shows and gadgets and many other things so yeah I like them a lot, more than many other countries.

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonrampage: and I answered regarding that. I don't understand you now?

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insertnewname: Sorry I reread it and now see that you answered that directly. One last question do most Europeans look the same as Americans? Or do French/German/Czech s look different in small ways?

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Insertnewname

@dragonrampage: Well I would say no, we all look differently from each other, but that can only be said when the countries (are big enough to) have different geographic features in i.e. height, Climate etc.. So two smaller countries who are next to each other like Serbia and Croatia have people who basically share the same traits.

zackisme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I know is that our government is putting a target on its citizens' backs.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i imagine fat blond people with burgers and fries when someone mentions america

Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By VenomousDragon

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of America, it is the world's sole superpower.

Personally I blame the French, not only are they responsible for the countries existence if they just swallowed thier pride and played second fiddle to the German empire the world wars wouldnt have happened and you would have a world with at least 2 leading powers but possibly as many as 4.

To be on point however the country is terrible, the people themselves however are alright.

EdBeatle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That they should get other name that doesn't speak for the whole continent.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never met one personally that wasn't perfectly friendly.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HeroUp2112

I've traveled the world and have enjoyed every country I've visited, except one, but since it was asked, yes I'm a very big fan of America.

I'm a little surprised to find that more people think we're at least okay, I've run into so much of the opposite opinion. Though, to be honest, that was years ago I guess it's changing some so that's good to know.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By silent_bomber

In England I would say it would be different combinations of these traits depending on who you were asking

• Friendly
  • Stupid
  • Bombastic
  • Fat
  • Optimistic
  • Naive
  • Exciting
  • Arrogant
  • Fun
  • Patriotic

Actually there's a guy who does videos on Youtube where he goes to different countries asking people about this.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not American.

Despite all the shit it gets, I see America as a prosperous and mighty nation. From its technological and scientific contributions to the world, to it being the hallmark of Western civilization and freedoms. No country is perfect, but the US is pretty damn good.

It's a country you can be proud of.

No Caption Provided

'Murica! F*ck Yeah!

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_ said:

Maybe I am understating it, but I imagine other countries look to us as the ancient Greeks looked to the Olympians on Mount Olympus.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

When I went to visit my Grandma in France (we also went to Switzerland and Greenland), they seemed amaze. First off, for some reason people think the only city in America is New York (as soon as I told someone I was from America, he said "ehh, New York?", lol). Secondly, they don't think Americans are any dumber or smarter than anyone else (though they think we're more arrogant). Also, they think because you're from America, you must be from a big city (well, I do live in Atlanta, but that's besides the point!). They also think "Americans work too hard", whatever that means. They think we take our amateur sports too seriously (HS and College football, for example. On a similar note, they actually know a lot about football).

EDIT: They also think everyone is either in tip top shape or a fat slob.