YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I can never get over how awful these people are. : /

Fun story about the WB Church:

My school is VERY active regarding social rights. Which is awesome. Of course, the Westboro Baptist decided to picket the school. Buuuut....they forgot to check our schedule. They were going to picket our school during Spring Break. A bunch of kids made signs and stuck them in the windows, then left. WBC picketed for a bit anyway even though there was no-one there.

I think some kids then sent them fake invitations to the local drag ball.

Where do you live xD

That's just too funny.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By willpayton

@sithlantern93 said:

I don't know why your government still lets these people roam free and say whatever offensive and provocative they want.

Freedom of speech and all that.

Also, how are we to know what stupid and dangerous things people think if we dont allow them to speak them?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By TheHulk

God would never do that. God is a nice person.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By nefarious
Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Jorgevy

@jorgevy said:

I dont get it. what does picket mean? and this westboro church... I know they're homophobes but aren't they American? how can they be happy with such an event?

PS: just saw some pics in that twitter and....

I freaking despise people who use the word God and Hate together. Seriously? A God literally made of love is gonna hate people? how dare they take on God's word and use it to exclaim he hates anyone? wth really

That's a rather uninformed things to say. I'm not even remotely American, never even been there and I sympathise with the victims. It concerns me and I find it disgusting. You don't have to be American to care. Just putting it out there. I agree with the rest of your post though. Those people don't rep Christians very well

that's not what I meant at all. normally extremist groups that are happy with americans dying and being hurt are either anti american or non christian. them being both is extremelly strange, even for super hyper homophobes

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jorgevy

@sithlantern93 said:

I don't know why your government still lets these people roam free and say whatever offensive and provocative they want.

Also, how are we to know what stupid and dangerous things people think if we dont allow them to speak them?

yeah but I dont know how it works in the US, but there's some limitations to freedom of speech when they end up being sattured with hate or threats in other countries

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By willpayton

@jorgevy said:

@willpayton said:

@sithlantern93 said:

yeah but I dont know how it works in the US, but there's some limitations to freedom of speech when they end up being sattured with hate or threats in other countries

No doubt some countries like Germany have many more limitations on freedom of speech based on the content of that speech. Sadly all it demonstrates is that they dont understand the purpose of freedom of speech. They've simply traded one form of tyranny for another.

Either someone's speech can make you do something against your will, or it cant. If it cant, then why limit it? Are the ideas really that threatening? Should we start censoring ideas and thought? If it can, then why would anyone committing a crime such as a bombing be held responsible? All they have to do is claim that someone else made them do it by simply telling them they should do it.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I don't think WBP actually believes anything they say. their just trying to get assaulted and sue the assaulters, you guys are feeding the Trolls

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Suppose that is what Anonymous are here for :D

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: actually, by that conclusion, none of us are truly free, in any way, even in speech. freedom is not omnipotence. some stuff you just can't do. there are physical limitions for humans, and thus we can't do some activities even if we desire, so either we aren't truly free and thus the word freedom should be used with " " and carefully planned or there's another definition of freedom.

the second option is what I believe in and that definition seems correct to me; freedom is not being able to do anything you want, it's being able to do what you want without going over the border of other people's freedom. since each individual could have it's own definition of where his/her own freedom ends, it's up to society according moral norms to limit under the agreement of it's members that same freedom.

so yeah, basically, you can say and do whatever you want, but you have the responsability of those actions. if you say someone is X, then you should present proof for that when that person sues you for it. under better laws, if you tried to go picket someone's funeral with threats and exclamations of joy over the death of those people, you should know that you are getting banned from the service/memorial and probably sued or worst.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By willpayton

@jorgevy said:

@willpayton: actually, by that conclusion, none of us are truly free, in any way, even in speech. freedom is not omnipotence. some stuff you just can't do. there are physical limitions for humans, and thus we can't do some activities even if we desire, so either we aren't truly free and thus the word freedom should be used with " " and carefully planned or there's another definition of freedom.

the second option is what I believe in and that definition seems correct to me; freedom is not being able to do anything you want, it's being able to do what you want without going over the border of other people's freedom. since each individual could have it's own definition of where his/her own freedom ends, it's up to society according moral norms to limit under the agreement of it's members that same freedom.

so yeah, basically, you can say and do whatever you want, but you have the responsability of those actions. if you say someone is X, then you should present proof for that when that person sues you for it. under better laws, if you tried to go picket someone's funeral with threats and exclamations of joy over the death of those people, you should know that you are getting banned from the service/memorial and probably sued or worst.

Well, freedom is never omnipotence. Even an omnipotent being would not be free to break the laws of logic, so even omnipotence in a sense just means "can do anything that you can do"... which applies to any being.

Regardless, I dont see any issue with stating an opinion, certainly nothing that would warrant the government to create laws to stop people from doing so. Like I said, some countries like Germany have many laws to prevent people from stating their thoughts... which is ironic since ostensibly those laws are there to protect people, but they serve only to harm them. Ignorance is not a virtue, and certainly ignorance wont protect you from danger. And in the worst case, ignorance can be used by those in power to control you. It's not a coincidence that religions have historically been anti-science, anti-progress, and anti-diversity. The best way to control people is to keep them ignorant and dependent.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gungunw said:

@kuonphobos said:

#NOTCHRISTIANS

#NOWAY #AREYOUEVENBEINGSERIOUSRIGHTNOW #ITHOUGHTTHEYWERETHEAVERAGECHRISTIAN #WOWTHISPOSTREALLYENLIGHTENEDME

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By laflux

@innervenom123: Just more proof that InnerVenom123 feeds on the negative emotions of a thread in order to attain more power.

Yes I said it before, but it doesn't stop it from being true..........................

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

These guys are tres terrible

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow the truly f*** up part is ...I'm not even surprised.That's sad I'm not even remotely shock that these people would say something like that.

They're that terrible so terrible that...If I had to sit at a KKK meeting or Their Meeting I'd take my chances with the Triple K...and I'm Black

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Can someone blow them up? I doubt anyone would mind.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That we can point at them and declare them monsters is the silver lining here. Like someone mentioned earlier, hopefully there will be a group effort in blocking anyone who appears at any funeral on behalf of Westboro and take away what they really want, which is attention.

Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to high five these people. In the face. With a crowbar.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I were a Red Lantern, all I would have to do is think about the WBC and I'd be all powerful!

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Akindoodle

@akindoodle: Ah. I see then, I take back my criticism.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy said:

Well, freedom is never omnipotence. Even an omnipotent being would not be free to break the laws of logic, so even omnipotence in a sense just means "can do anything that you can do"... which applies to any being.

Regardless, I dont see any issue with stating an opinion, certainly nothing that would warrant the government to create laws to stop people from doing so. Like I said, some countries like Germany have many laws to prevent people from stating their thoughts... which is ironic since ostensibly those laws are there to protect people, but they serve only to harm them. Ignorance is not a virtue, and certainly ignorance wont protect you from danger. And in the worst case, ignorance can be used by those in power to control you. It's not a coincidence that religions have historically been anti-science, anti-progress, and anti-diversity. The best way to control people is to keep them ignorant and dependent.

once again you entirely bypass my argument.

I'll simplify as much as I can. as soon as an opinion or statement encourages illegal and imoral actions set by society, it should be seen as the responsability of those who stated those things to present proof and defend their opinion or handle the consequences. groups who support the dead of several others obviously should be accounted for that position, even if they have actually not killed anyone. just like groups of people in South Africa who claim lesbians should be raped to "turn" them straight, or the groups of people in Asia that support the mutilation of people for traditional or religious purposes.

Ignorance is a problem, but it's not the only one. some people act fully aware of what they are doing and what their actions are. just because it's a fundamental right to be able to speak your mind, doesn't mean that you can do it when it diminishes the value of other people's lives. while not a severe crime on itself, it obviously should suffer some type of repercussion, even if it's just the banishment of certain individuals from certain cerimonies or the payment of a certain ammount of money to the people hurt by those statements.

because yeah, it's just not physically that you can hurt someone. who knows how deep these statements and others could affect someone? the traumas that could incite or feed, and the ramifications of such psychological attacks?

it's fairly easy to say you want full freedom, but freedom is a coin, with two faces. rights and duties, and you are only allowed your rights if you accomplish your duties, and you should only complete such duties if your rights are respected.

if you don't respect other people's mourning of their families and their religious cerimonies, why should your own religion be respected for stating it's opinion?

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@queen_s_halo said:

I would mind.

Avatar image for dishonestsnakecharmer
DishonestSnakeCharmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These people have got to be trolling. There's no way anyone is that stupid. I'm pretty sure it's psychologically impossible to be that stupid. These people should get deported to North Korea, where there is no freedom of speech and this stupid s**t wouldn't be tolerated. Not saying I like North Korea, I'm just saying that the WBC deserves to be there.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By InnerVenom123
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Xanni15

@innervenom123: I just don't think one terrible act should cause another. These people are clearly misguided, and as others have stated, they seem to be doing this for attention(as there is no legitimate reason to do this). I don't feel like they should be killed for expressing their views (which I disagree with), as that would set a bad precedent.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These people have got to be trolling. There's no way anyone is that stupid. I'm pretty sure it's psychologically impossible to be that stupid. These people should get deported to North Korea, where there is no freedom of speech and this stupid s**t wouldn't be tolerated. Not saying I like North Korea, I'm just saying that the WBC deserves to be there.

No they actually do believe in what they preach.I know its hard for any person with some intelligence to wrap there heads around,but it is what they actually think.Wish they were trolling too.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By kuonphobos

@gungunw said:

@kuonphobos said:

#NOTCHRISTIANS

#NOWAY #AREYOUEVENBEINGSERIOUSRIGHTNOW #ITHOUGHTTHEYWERETHEAVERAGECHRISTIAN #WOWTHISPOSTREALLYENLIGHTENEDME

Sophistication is not really your strong suit is it?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

@gungunw said:

@kuonphobos said:

#NOTCHRISTIANS

Because using a hashtag to state the obvious is the mark of true intellect.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos said:
@innervenom123 said:

@gungunw said:

@kuonphobos said:

#NOTCHRISTIANS

Because using a hashtag to state the obvious is the mark of true intellect.

See, even after the opportunity to consider it more deeply, you are unable to grasp it.

And you are soooo lucky that since the new CV iteration, I am no longer able to quote the preferred way.

Don't wet yourself.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See, even after the opportunity to consider it more deeply, you are unable to grasp it.

What a deep hashtag you made. Tell me more of its wonders.

No Caption Provided

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An excellent demonstration of a slothful intellect.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Repeatedly calling me dumb instead of explaining the master plan behind your hashtag of doom. And not directly replying on top of that.

Brilliant.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@xanni15 said:

@queen_s_halo said:

I would mind.

Why?

We can't martyr them like that. Not to mention let a perfectly upstanding citizen get charged with multiple homicides.

No. Just let the gas leak blow them up.

That nice, rather hilariously large gas leak. Too bad the repairman missed it, it started justafter he was working down there.

Ah well. Act of God. Couldn't have been avoided.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

@xanni15 said:

@queen_s_halo said:

I would mind.

Why?

We can't martyr them like that. Not to mention let a perfectly upstanding citizen get charged with multiple homicides.

That nice, rather hilariously large gas leak. Too bad the repairman missed it, it started

just

after he was working down there.

No Caption Provided

The hero we needed, but not the one we deserved.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123 said:

@xanni15 said:

@queen_s_halo said:

I would mind.

Why?

That nice, rather hilariously large gas leak. Too bad the repairman missed it, it started

just

Oh, don't get the conspiracy nuts started. x.x

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@innervenom123 said:

@xanni15 said:

@queen_s_halo said:

I would mind.

Why?

just

Brilliant plan...er...I mean what a tragedy...

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By isaac_clarke

@xanni15 said:

@queen_s_halo said:

I would mind.

Why?

It's unnecessary, as awful as they are they are entitled to certain rights in the United States. However nothing stops us as citizens from exercising that same right and simply getting between them and the media - completely removing their power and wasting their time. You can easily get enough people together to do this, get some sings or something of the sort to block out their hateful rhetoric.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos said:

Repeatedly calling me dumb instead of explaining the master plan behind your hashtag of doom. And not directly replying on top of that.

Brilliant.

You read too little into my original post then overcompensate by overthinking my obviously snarky (and not at all serious) retorts oh anonymous internet persona....

are your meds nearby perchance.....?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

dicks

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By InnerVenom123

@kuonphobos said:

You read too little into my original post then overcompensate by overthinking my obviously snarky (and not at all serious) retorts oh anonymous internet persona....

You keep insulting me instead of explaining the meaning behind your glorious hashtag. You've had like six chances to spill it already and make me look stupid, doofus. I thought you would've jumped at that chance.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos said:

You keep insulting me instead of explaining the meaning behind your glorious hashtag. You've had like six chances to spill it already and make me look stupid, doofus. I thought you would've jumped at that chance.

Perhaps...if that were my intention...or if I cared....

This is fun isn't it?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By InnerVenom123

This is fun isn't it?

"My post has so much meaning. It really does. I'll just keep saying that over and over."

If it wasn't fun, I would've stopped posting.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos said:

This is fun isn't it?

"My post has so much meaning. It really does. I'll just keep saying that over and over."

If it wasn't fun, I would've stopped posting.

Good. You have amused me. Well done.

*pats head of metaphorical kneeling submissive internet stranger*

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kuonphobos:

So you've run out of ways to say how super-intelligent you are, (when you speak in hashtags), and how much you don't care, (after replying a number of times), and the best you can come up with is "LEL YOU AMUSE ME, IM THE MASTER TROLL XDDD." Cool.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By kuonphobos

@kuonphobos:

So you've run out of ways to say how super-intelligent you are, (when you speak in hashtags), and how much you don't care, (after replying a number of times), and the best you can come up with is "LEL YOU AMUSE ME, IM THE MASTER TROLL XDDD." Cool.

Hmmm...perhaps gaining meaningless amusement to kill time is a form of caring...

sometimes I stir ant piles as well....