Were you satisfied with the way Breaking Bad ended?

Avatar image for negativecreep94
Negativecreep94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Were you satisfied with the way Breaking Bad ended? (37 votes)

Yes 84%
No 8%
meh 8%

If not, what would you have wanted to have happenend?

• 
Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

Yes, yes I was.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

It was damn near perfect.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yup.....

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not really.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

It was perfect.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Heck. Yah.

Though I wish I could have seen what had happened to Saul. Better Call Saul is going to be a prequel right? So I guess we'll never know what happens to him after Breaking Bad

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By longbowhunter

Spot on!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By Pokeysteve

Absolutely! near Flawless. Wrapped up everything and very satisfying.

The fact that the Dexter finale was a week before this really helped boost it's awesomeness too.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending was great and up to the standards of the rest of the show.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A lot of things were left broken but in no way incomplete or unfinished.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, I have only seen bits and pieces of the show, but the ending went down pretty much how I expected. With that being said I was not impressed at all. Maybe because it was the series finale, but I didn't feel wowed.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeathandGrim

I absolutely loved the ending and how it ended. Walts series long goal was finally realized, he avenged Hank, freed Jesse to live a newer life, ended his meth empire.

The writers understood that all good things have to end and didn't leave anything up in the air. Walt finally can rest and so can the series

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest, I have only seen bits and pieces of the show, but the ending went down pretty much how I expected. With that being said I was not impressed at all. Maybe because it was the series finale, but I didn't feel wowed.

Well of course you can't appreciate the ending if you haven't seen the entire show.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It was a fitting ending.

I'm curious to know why someone wouldn't be satisfied with it.

BB

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

It was a fitting ending.

I'm curious to know why someone wouldn't be satisfied with it.

BB

I had a minor issue with Walt's confession to Skylar about getting into the business for himself and not his family. Before Hank found out that Walt was Heisenberg and set that chain of events into motion, Walt had assembled a ton of money, which Skylar herself had kept stored away, and then declared that he was done with cooking meth because he only had six months left anyway, and his family was now provided for no matter what happened to him. So if he quit cooking meth because there was no need anymore, it stands to reason that he did take his family into consideration. Sure, he was a megalomaniac a lot of the time, so he did do it at least partially for himself. But I didn't see it as the only reason he did it.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nova_prime_ said:

Well of course you can't appreciate the ending if you haven't seen the entire show.

I've seen plenty of series finales without watching the majority of the series and still liked the ending. Just a few that come to mind Cheers, MASH, Seinfeld.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Jesse had had more than 2 lines, and I would have liked some more concrete closure for Saul. Other than that, it was solid.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I voted no cus I didnt want it to end in the first place.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Spideysense44

ending was great I liked that he died where it all started

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nova_prime_: That's great, but the ending of Breaking Bad is mostly satisfying because of your attachment to the characters above all else.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watching seasons 3-5 again.........it wasn't a happy ending, but it was a much happier ending than Walt deserved.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Killemall

I had a minor issue with Walt's confession to Skylar about getting into the business for himself and not his family. Before Hank found out that Walt was Heisenberg and set that chain of events into motion, Walt had assembled a ton of money, which Skylar herself had kept stored away, and then declared that he was done with cooking meth because he only had six months left anyway, and his family was now provided for no matter what happened to him. So if he quit cooking meth because there was no need anymore, it stands to reason that he did take his family into consideration. Sure, he was a megalomaniac a lot of the time, so he did do it at least partially for himself. But I didn't see it as the only reason he did it.

I saw that mostly as Walt doing stuff so that Skylar wouldnt blame herself. He still feels he did it for the family of course, he has said that again and again throughout the show, even when he is alone to himself.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

I saw that mostly as Walt doing stuff so that Skylar wouldnt blame herself. He still feels he did it for the family of course, he has said that again and again throughout the show, even when he is alone to himself.

That's what he tells his family, sure, but it's not necessarily true or the only reason he did it. Episode six of season five has a conversation between Walt and Jesse, where Jesse essentially pleads with Walt to take the $5 million offer that's both for his share of the stolen methylamine as well as a guarantee to the purchasing competitor that Heisenberg's blue meth will no longer be available. He points out that Walt himself stated at the beginning of their collaboration that he only needed $737,000 to ensure his family would be provided for after he was gone. $5 million is just under 7 times that amount, and more than enough for Skyler and the kids to live comfortably. Walt refuses and justifies his position with the story of how he was screwed out of Gray Matter before it became a company with an annual revenue of $2.16 billion. That quote about how he's "in the empire business"? To me, that's as clear as you can get to Walt admitting that he was doing it for himself.

Come to think of it, I should reverse my previous position. It's possible that Walt did take his family into consideration when he quit cooking. He only went back after discovering Skylar had given away the $600,000 he made to Beneke, so he likely felt betrayed and decided to start doing it for himself at that point.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Does Jesse have any change at a happy life?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it. Perfect, is all I can say.