Was Squidward Really The Jerk

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Back when I was younger and watched Spongebob Squarepants(I don't anymore ...for obvious reasons)the entire time when I watch those episode I always Squidward was a jerk for how he treated Spongebob and Patrick.

Now,after re watching a few episode featuring Squidward relationship with SB and Pat I realized something,it Wasn't Squiddy's fault.After watching those episodes I realized that Pat and SB were the most OBNOXIOUS neighbors of all time. The two of them would have drove any one to Jerkiness.

So my Question is do you think Squidward's meanness toward Spongebob and Patrick was justified?

also Do you think you could have lived by those two ?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I never thought of Squidward as a jerk to be honest. In fact, he's one of my favorites. Though I call my brother Squidward mostly because I annoy him (in a friendly way) as if I were SpongeBob. =D

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I never considered Squidward a jerk -- I mean, anyone who appreciates interpretive dance and can play a mean clarinet is chill, man.

But yeah -- living next to SpongeBob and Patrick would have drive me insane. :)

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I never thought Squid was a jerk (I mean who would not be angry living next to morons who love to nag you lol) I like Squidward he always was one of my favorite characters. On a side note when Squidward did leave Spongebob and Patrick to say in Tentacle Acres(where the recidents of said place was just like him) he decided the place was boring and returned back to his old place lol I guess he like Spongbob and Pat after all :D

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

He's not a jerk, he's just a pretentious victim of Spongebob's antics.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

yes. he is a jerk. but spongebob and Patrick are both still pains in the ass.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always sympathized with Squidward, I am too surrounded by idiots. :)

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AweSam
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squidward is not a jerk. but when he lived around people just like him, he got bored and started acting like SB and Patrick

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nope just a poor "cultured" SOB who has the unfortunate luck of being neighbors with a psychotic sponge, and brain damaged starfish

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By longbowhunter

I am Squidward.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By umbrafeline

squidward isnt a jerk, rather he was the victim of an obnoxious, enfemminate [no offense to the enfems] invertebrate frycook and a mentally-challenged starfish with an eating disorder. spongebob and Patrick were the joiks

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Squidward never seemed that bad of a guy to me

I remember Can You Spare a Dime? was one of my favorite episodes, because we finally see Squidward annoying Spongebob

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Depends on the time period. If you count the current episodes (about 2006-present), squidward is the victim and spongebob is the jerk. For the older episodes that's not always the case, its about half and half or a little more squidward's fault. Spongebob was somewhat mature during the older episodes but the spongebob of today is borderline retarded.

It's squidward's fault when he gets annoyed at anything spongebob and patrick do like when they're playing the in the imagination box. Spongebob and patrick are happily playing inside their box not bothering anybody but squidward feels jealous and tries to ruin their fun. Squidward also takes advantage of spongebob's innocence a lot like when tells him to pointless tasks at the krusty krab. A perfect example is when squidward becomes manager and leaves spongebob alone for the entire day leaving him to do all the work while squidward has a spa day. Spongebob didn't notice why squidward was leaving but happily took over his role because spongebob's a nice guy. I probably could go on an on

It's spongebob's fault when he unintentionally hurts squidward or accidently annoys him. When squidward goes into a full body cast, Spongebob tries to take care of him but makes things worse for squidward. Spongebob wasn't trying to be annoying but he was annoying and hurting squidward. On opposite day spongebob tries to be the opposite of himself which is squidward thinking he should go into squidward;s house. This is the worst timing because the lady trying to sell squidwards house ends up getting freaked out ruining his chance of leaving. Spongebob was being annoying trying to be squidward and ruined his chances of moving which hurt squidward(partially squidward's fault for telling spongebob it was opposite day).

TheJester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheJester

Squiddy was always my favourite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squidward is not a jerk. Spongebob and Patrick annoys the heck out of him most of the time.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

He's not a jerk, he's the "normal" character. The one who the audience can relate to, he adds sanity to the rest of the cast's madness.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By joshmightbe

If he is a jerk SB and Patrick made him one, also if those two were real people they would be ruled incompetent and probably not be allowed to live by themselves.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ximpossibrux

In the old episodes they annoy Squidward as a by-product of their wacky adventures.

In the new episodes Nickelodeon ran out of ideas, so they just make Spongebob annoy Squidward for no reason.

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funny thing is spongebobs trying to be nice to him when he annoys squidward

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funny thing is spongebobs trying to be nice to him when he annoys squidward

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Depends on the time period. If you count the current episodes (about 2006-present), squidward is the victim and spongebob is the jerk. For the older episodes that's not always the case, its about half and half or a little more squidward's fault. Spongebob was somewhat mature during the older episodes but the spongebob of today is borderline retarded.

It's squidward's fault when he gets annoyed at anything spongebob and patrick do like when they're playing the in the imagination box. Spongebob and patrick are happily playing inside their box not bothering anybody but squidward feels jealous and tries to ruin their fun. Squidward also takes advantage of spongebob's innocence a lot like when tells him to pointless tasks at the krusty krab. A perfect example is when squidward becomes manager and leaves spongebob alone for the entire day leaving him to do all the work while squidward has a spa day. Spongebob didn't notice why squidward was leaving but happily took over his role because spongebob's a nice guy. I probably could go on an on

It's spongebob's fault when he unintentionally hurts squidward or accidently annoys him. When squidward goes into a full body cast, Spongebob tries to take care of him but makes things worse for squidward. Spongebob wasn't trying to be annoying but he was annoying and hurting squidward. On opposite day spongebob tries to be the opposite of himself which is squidward thinking he should go into squidward;s house. This is the worst timing because the lady trying to sell squidwards house ends up getting freaked out ruining his chance of leaving. Spongebob was being annoying trying to be squidward and ruined his chances of moving which hurt squidward(partially squidward's fault for telling spongebob it was opposite day).

this for the most part. its easier for me to forgive Spongebob and Patrick because they almost never mean to hurt anyone physically or emotionally. Squidward on the other hand can be pretty low and is just generally mean/unpleasant to anyone he meets

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By joshmightbe

If you really think about it everyone on the show aside from the squirrel are horrible people

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you really think about it everyone on the show aside from the squirrel are horrible people

yup. ether that or just crazy. i'm beginning to hate Mr.Krabs with a passion

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By joshmightbe

@avenging_x_bolt: None of them are likable at all, Sponge Bob and Patrick are dangerously stupid, Mr. Crabs is obsessively greedy and a thief, Squidward is a pompous a$$, the general citizenry of the town are self centered panicky wierdos also the show itself seems to openly advocate stupidity.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: You do realize it's a kids cartoon right? Stop taking it so seriously and enjoy its humor or don't watch it expecting a masterpiece from again, a kids cartoon.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: If you're not a parent then you don't understand being forced to watch annoying crap, I don't choose to watch the show, I don't expect it to be anything but from where I sit its just a f**king dumb show, but still not as awful as that Annoying Orange abomination.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@norrinboltagonprime21: If you're not a parent then you don't understand being forced to watch annoying crap, I don't choose to watch the show, I don't expect it to be anything but from where I sit its just a f**king dumb show, but still not as awful as that Annoying Orange abomination.

lol, i guess that just shows how different people can be. my mom adores the show, as do most of the adults in my family. gotta agree with you on annoying orange though. whoever thought that sh(t was a good idea is a horrible person.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is mayonnaise an instrument?

No, Patrick, mayonnaise is not an instrument.

Horseradish is not an instrument either.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't like this show. I also have always wondered how he played the clarinet under water, if it's a plastic clarinet okay, but his reed would be to wet and his ligature would rust (if metal) or be ruined (if indian).

_Cerberus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually yes he was, if SB and P were my neighbors I wouldn't mind lol.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just surprised he hasn't tried killing the two yet lol. I know, I know, kids show but still.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There have been a few times where Squidward's gone and made himself kind of a big jerk, but as a whole I don't really see him as this loath-able character, especially in the new God-awful episodes.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still want to see that forbidden episode where Squidward kills himself.

If I had to deal with Spongebob and Patrick, I would have done that long ago.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sideslash
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wolfrazer

@jezer said:

I still want to see that forbidden episode where Squidward kills himself.

If I had to deal with Spongebob and Patrick, I would have done that long ago.

Forbidden episode?

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Squidward is a jerk. He's not a really good person when dealing with people. But Spongebob and Patrick are annoying as hell. When he's just being his asocial, snobby self, there's nothing wrong with him. But when dealing with people, he's kind of a douche. They are, however, problematic.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just surprised he hasn't tried killing the two yet lol. I know, I know, kids show but still.

he tried to run them over with a steam roller at the end of "Opposite Day"

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

he tried to run them over with a steam roller at the end of "Opposite Day"

True, but I dunno if really was wanting to kill them but meh. Was more saying like actually kill kill them.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_stegman  Moderator

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@avenging_x_bolt: Perfect example of Squidward's personality.

No Caption Provided

So true.

To be fair, if I was in his shoes, working in fast food as an adult with goals that he will never fufill while living next to an annoying sponge and a dumb starfish, I'd be like that too...hell, I'm already like that.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Basically this... Excellent post.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well squiddy works at a krusty krab dealing with bad customers dealing with a cheap boss and he's stuck there for maybe the rest of his life. His dream of being a world famous musician is all but gone. His rival from college or high school squilam is more sucessful than squiddy. With all of that he has to deal with sponge and Patrick on a constant bases and that can be annoying BUT u can also look at it from the view point that squidward'a life didn't go according to plan BUT atleast he has a neighbor in sponge he wants to make him happy and tries to make him smile. Sponge is young and still immature so he can't really see what he does can be obnoxious. So long short answer depends on your point of viwe