Trying to broaden my horizon.

Muirkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Muirkat

I'm a DC comics junkie (mainly batverse), but I'm trying to broaden my comic book interest. I've contemplated getting back into the Marvel verse but I've been hearing the stories have been really weak resently. What are some good titles right now, also let me know about different verses as well (dark horse, image, etc)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

From Marvel I'm particularly enjoying Indestructible Hulk, Avengers and Superior Spider-Man, I'd recommend those. Also, Saga from Image is very good.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By SavageDragon

Man Pick up Fatale or Saga from Image comics. Saga is this adult sci fi epic. Its a sci fi fantasy tale of these two species that are in an inter galactic war but two young individuals fell in love and now their respective governments are hunting them and their baby. The writer is Brian K Vaughan who is pretty much one of the best writers in comics (Y the Lastman and EX Machina among others) and Fiona Staples does the art. Think Romeo and Juliet in space except with hilarious sharp dialouge and crazy badass bounty hunters, robots, starships magic and some violent action. I cant recommend it enough. Fatale is a crime noir bookw ith some super natural elements. Ed Brubaker wrote for Marvel and DC for many years and is also a comic icon. He writes it and Sean Phillips who hes worked with for many years does the art. Its a great series about a woman in the 50s in SF and then later in teh 70s in LA. Like i said beautiful crime noir book and I dont wanna give anymore away. Those two books are both excelent comics that arnt super hero books. Both 1st trades are around ten bucks so really cheap. If you want to stay with cape books Id recomend Invincible by Kirkman (Walking Dead). That book is one of the best super hero books on the shelves for any company. Then theres always my personal favorite Savage Dragon... But yeah man really check out some of the books I mentioned. I guarantee you will like em.

Muirkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Muirkat

I'll check those out I'm more looking for caped books and maybe a bit of sci-fi also does anyone know anything about Ironman comics of late?

Avatar image for michaelthemighty17
michaelthemighty17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

saga invincible STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!!!!!!walking dead

marvel-avengers arena, superior spider man ,avengers,new avengers,x force,infinity iron man (isnt a real comic but it will be,just you wait marvel............)

try justice league or GL

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

I'll recommend Invincible from Image. All of it.

Every single issue.

Every single page.

Every single PANEL. Oft repeated though they are.

From Marvel I can recommend the current Iron Man comics, highly recommend Indestructible Hulk, and I've been quite fond of the Avengers of late.

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FalconPuuunch

The Walking Dead, Invincible.

Invincible can be kind of corny though, so if you don't like light humor then don't even bother. (The story is really good though)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Muirkat said:

I'm a DC comics junkie (mainly batverse), but I'm trying to broaden my comic book interest. I've contemplated getting back into the Marvel verse but I've been hearing the stories have been really weak resently. What are some good titles right now, also let me know about different verses as well (dark horse, image, etc)

Uncanny X-Force