Thoughts on dating Trans Women

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#101 vance_astro  Moderator

@joygirl said:

Technically you're calling both spades and coal-shovels spades.

Not at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@farkam said:

A gay person is someone who is interested in having sexual/romantic relationships with the same gender exclusively. Bi-sexuals are interested in both genders, instead of exclusively just one. That's not that hard to grasp.

No.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 vance_astro  Moderator

@farkam said:

@vance_astro said:

@farkam said:

A gay person is someone who is interested in having sexual/romantic relationships with the same gender exclusively. Bi-sexuals are interested in both genders, instead of exclusively just one. That's not that hard to grasp.

No.

Yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

@vance_astro said:

@farkam said:

No.

Yes.

Concession accepted.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 vance_astro  Moderator

@farkam said:

Concession accepted.

I didn't concede to anything but whatever...

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think that a Trans gender women has the responsibility of telling their potential partner/suitor of their medical history?

not really something she should bring up on the very first date, but ...at some point

If you were in a long relationship with a trans person and figured out about the op later, what would be your thoughts and what would you do?

Would you continue dating them if this fact was established early on in the relationship? Even if you really liked them

hmmm/... She lied. were done simple as that, lying is something I do not accept under any circumstances. Also Trans aren't really my...thing.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@thatguywithheadphones: thanks for getting us back on topic

again the op's questions were:

1) Do you think that a Trans gender women has the responsibility of telling their potential partner/suitor of their medical history?

2) Would you continue dating them if this fact was established early on in the relationship?Even if you really liked them

3) If you were in a long relationship with a trans person and figured out about the op later, what would be your thoughts and what would you do?

(yeah, i switched the order. why? because it's flows a little better and allows the mind to option out being told early about the situation -as opposed to the harshness of being lied to in a long term relationship)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 vance_astro  Moderator

@thatguywithheadphones said:

Would you continue dating them if this fact was established early on in the relationship? Even if you really liked them

hmmm/... She lied. were done simple as that, lying is something I do not accept under any circumstances. Also Trans aren't really my...thing.

I agree, but not just on the grounds that she lied, because there are lies that to me are forgivable..but this isn't one of them.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: oh vance- that's why I changed the order of the questions a post ago... he didn't even answer that particular question, that answer applies to the one before it.. the one that says: If you were in a long relationship with a trans person and figured out about the op later, what would be your thoughts and what would you do? He skipped the question that asks if the truth were established early on would he keep dating that person.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By lykopis

@mynamewasdeleted:

I agree about changing up the questions -- makes a difference. I wish I was aware of this thread sooner -- but what I have read up to now has been enlightening.

1) Do you think that a Trans gender women has the responsibility of telling their potential partner/suitor of their medical history?

I wouldn't call it a responsibility -- no one should feel they HAVE to share something so intimate with a potential partner/suitor. Outside of the first few dates, I wouldn't think so and it if turns out there is a real connection happening, then maybe? For me, personally -- they wouldn't have to tell me -- I hate to think they would feel they needed to. There is enough gamble when starting a relationship -- do you tell someone everything about you asap -- just to avoid potential pitfalls? Some people feel they should and so they do, expecting the same in return and that's fair I suppose. For me, not at all. Something about that person was attractive to me, something about that person made me want to get to know them better. That's all that matters to me.

Again, I wouldn't expect them to tell me. This goes for trans gender men as well. I would be more focused on making the first few dates enjoyable and not awkward.

2) Would you continue dating them if this fact was established early on in the relationship? Even if you really liked them.

If I really liked them, then I would absolutely keep on dating them. This question is a bit weird to me because if you do really like them, then why would you stop liking them? Did something dramatically change? They are still who they are, they are still the person you were attracted to and someone who you developed feelings for. Maybe it's just me but when someone shares intimate information about themselves to me, I am very touched and humbled and grateful I was found to be someone who they felt safe enough with to be so open and forthcoming about themselves -- whether they were trans gender or anything else of which they felt hesitant to reveal.

So yes, I would continue dating them. I would be more excited about finding someone I really liked to be honest.

3) If you were in a long relationship with a trans person and figured out about the op later, what would be your thoughts and what would you do?

This is what I find some difficulty with. A long relationship with someone translates to me a mutual trust and a shared sense of safety between two people. If someone I am involved with for a long time genuinely believed them being trans gender is of no consequence -- then reacting as though it IS a big deal would be wrong on my part. It's not wrong of me to ask a million questions, it's not wrong of me to express my disappointment in that I would have wanted to have known about the difficulties they may endured because of being trans gender but I wouldn't leave them? I still love them (I am assuming) so I wouldn't want to lose them. I am not saying it would be simple but knowing who I am, I am comfortable stating I would be very open with my long time partner so a discussion about it would happen. It wouldn't determine the outcome of whether or not the relationship ends -- at least on my part.

Where it gets tricky is if this was hidden from me specifically because they felt I would react negatively. How do you recover from that? If someone who cares about me believes it possible I would stop loving them because of them being trans gender, it would really, really hurt me. I would question myself for not making them feel safe enough to be able to share it with me -- that I would judge them and reject them -- this is what will hurt me, maybe irrevocably. I would still be their friend and be in their lives, but it would be a huge blow to our relationship romantically. I would be open to attempting a fix of some sort -- there is so much to consider which could explain why it was never shared with me, like a previous experience where someone they loved rejected them and so it scarring them. Much like say an abused person may flinch or react with genuine fear when someone raises their voice -- or begs someone to not hurt them despite there never being evidence to substantiate such a response? We are all not clean slates -- most of us anyway -- so revealing anything about yourself can be potentially nerve-wracking.

Sorry for the non-answer, I really thought about this and the above is pretty much how I approach this. I can understand how people might feel deceived -- especially if a relationship turns romantic and/or sexual. Hopefully those who are trans gender don't find themselves attracted to only superficial people and seek instead true connections with another person. I think there would be less chance of this being an issue than if you are pursuing a relationship with someone you feel only a physical attraction to and nothing else.

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lykopis said:

@mynamewasdeleted:

I agree about changing up the questions -- makes a difference. I wish I was aware of this thread sooner -- but what I have read up to now has been enlightening.

I wouldn't call it a responsibility -- no one should feel they HAVE to share something so intimate with a potential partner/suitor. Outside of the first few dates, I wouldn't think so and it if turns out there is a real connection happening, then maybe? For me, personally -- they wouldn't have to tell me -- I hate to think they would feel they needed to. There is enough gamble when starting a relationship -- do you tell someone everything about you asap -- just to avoid potential pitfalls? Some people feel they should and so they do, expecting the same in return and that's fair I suppose. For me, not at all. Something about that person was attractive to me, something about that person made me want to get to know them better. That's all that matters to me.

Again, I wouldn't expect them to tell me. This goes for trans gender men as well. I would be more focused on making the first few dates enjoyable and not awkward.

2) Would you continue dating them if this fact was established early on in the relationship? Even if you really liked them.

If I really liked them, then I would absolutely keep on dating them. This question is a bit weird to me because if you do really like them, then why would you stop liking them? Did something dramatically change? They are still who they are, they are still the person you were attracted to and someone who you developed feelings for. Maybe it's just me but when someone shares intimate information about themselves to me, I am very touched and humbled and grateful I was found to be someone who they felt safe enough with to be so open and forthcoming about themselves -- whether they were trans gender or anything else of which they felt hesitant to reveal.

So yes, I would continue dating them. I would be more excited about finding someone I really liked to be honest.

This is what I find some difficulty with. A long relationship with someone translates to me a mutual trust and a shared sense of safety between two people. If someone I am involved with for a long time genuinely believed them being trans gender is of no consequence -- then reacting as though it IS a big deal would be wrong on my part. It's not wrong of me to ask a million questions, it's not wrong of me to express my disappointment in that I would have wanted to have known about the difficulties they may endured because of being trans gender but I wouldn't leave them? I still love them (I am assuming) so I wouldn't want to lose them. I am not saying it would be simple but knowing who I am, I am comfortable stating I would be very open with my long time partner so a discussion about it would happen. It wouldn't determine the outcome of whether or not the relationship ends -- at least on my part.

Where it gets tricky is if this was hidden from me specifically because they felt I would react negatively. How do you recover from that? If someone who cares about me believes it possible I would stop loving them because of them being trans gender, it would really, really hurt me. I would question myself for not making them feel safe enough to be able to share it with me -- that I would judge them and reject them -- this is what will hurt me, maybe irrevocably. I would still be their friend and be in their lives, but it would be a huge blow to our relationship romantically. I would be open to attempting a fix of some sort -- there is so much to consider which could explain why it was never shared with me, like a previous experience where someone they loved rejected them and so it scarring them. Much like say an abused person may flinch or react with genuine fear when someone raises their voice -- or begs someone to not hurt them despite there never being evidence to substantiate such a response? We are all not clean slates -- most of us anyway -- so revealing anything about yourself can be potentially nerve-wracking.

Sorry for the non-answer, I really thought about this and the above is pretty much how I approach this. I can understand how people might feel deceived -- especially if a relationship turns romantic and/or sexual. Hopefully those who are trans gender don't find themselves attracted to only superficial people and seek instead true connections with another person. I think there would be less chance of this being an issue than if you are pursuing a relationship with someone you feel only a physical attraction to and nothing else.

Ha ha I said I agreed with what bumpy boo said which is different to what you said but then I can see where you are coming from. Uh I might just have to think about this more :).

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By tupiaz

1. She would have to tell about sooner or later. Plans like children would be changed by it.

2. I don't know how I would react but I wouldn't be happy.

3. Don't know.

PS. You are not gay you are still turned on by the female body not the male body. That she in the past was a he doesn't make you gay.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

No. They should be comfortable with who they are and disclose that information whenever they see fit with whomever they choose.

Love's love. If they're comfortable with me enough to trust me with that information, then they're good enough to stick around with.

There must have been a good enough reason for them not telling me about it. Realistically I would be hurt if they weren't comfortable telling me about it despite the long-term relationship, but it's one of those things that I could probably get over if we loved each other enough.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115  Edited By charlieboy

I think you should always be honest in relationships but I can understand the fear behind the lies. I am gay so in my case would I date a trans boy? I am not sure. I definitely wouldn't freak out on them. I guess I really wouldn't know until I was put in the situation.

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@joygirl said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Whoopsie.

are they all trans?

leych

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By leych

Male, Female, Transgender, Transvestite. I don't care what gender they are, if they're cool and i like them then we'll date.
The only problem that I have is if they lie to me.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Yup, they are. That's why I posted them.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl: @shadowx:

they look amazing, and I'm usually usually weirded out by model's faces

from what I understand, it is very difficult for anyone to pull that kind of thing off

have all of them had the big operation?

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ShadowX

@betatesthighlander1: well therr isnt one " big operation" there are many, and i can't say what these girls status ares, not everybody shares there genital status publically.

Also its really not that hard. Hormones can do amazing things for people.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: not as easy to make yourself look like that if your born with really thick wristbones

MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx said:

Also its really not that hard. Hormones can do amazing things for people.

tru-DAT!

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mynamewasdeleted: I can't wait to start hrt.

@betatesthighlander1: okay you lost me at wristbones. Out of all the trans girls i've talked to, and all the research I've done as a trans woman I have rarely ever heard of them getting "wrist" surgery.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: I don't think you can have surgery on the wrist

I have a friend going through some gender...stuff; and the person's mad about how their wristbones are huge and gender-revelaing

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@betatesthighlander1: ohhh i guess I minterpreted what you were saying the first time. I'm sorry. I wish her the best of luck. >.<

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowx: this isn't really even a transition to female, guy (says he's fine with just whatever pronouns) leans towards female, but doesn't really want to have a gender in a strong direction

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By SheenLantern

1. Yes, I personally wouldn't mind but I know a lot of people would.

2. If I really did love them, then why would I care?

3. Of course.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear god....I think I'm gonna be sick with this thread.....This is scary, damn now its like you gotta question if the women you know are really even women at all.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Dear god....I think I'm gonna be sick with this thread.....This is scary, damn now its like you gotta question if the women you know are really even women at all.

Why would you question it? Does it really matter if they were born different?

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

I'm a man. I want to date a female BORN with the female biological DNA and parts. I don't care how much they look like an attractive girl they are still a man.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go with ur Heart most of the time its right, listen to ur Brain & in the long run ur be kicking yourself for not doing something u wish u would have.

Like i mentioned in the Trans thread, my fiance/GF best friend is a transexual & she gets hit on by guys all the time.She knew she was really a girl from a young age & having a family who supported her made the transition more easy.

Believe me when i say u wouldnt know the difference,even her voice sounds like a girls.

Shes a great cook,well educated & a nice person.

Goodluck to whoever ends up dating her i say :)

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

ITs just so scary to think that women you saw could really be men....

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By SandMan_

1. It has to be told.

2. I would never date one.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

ITs just so scary to think that women you saw could really be men....

How is that scary though?

And referring to a transwoman as a man is very impolite by the way.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they had an operation to become a woman...wouldn't they be a woman?

I'm ignorant to the whole sex-change operation.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By martyyy15

@hbktimhbk:

No because they'd still have the male or female chromosomes they were born with

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

Scary by you don't know what is what when your dating someone. THat is a scary thought.

And you gotta be kidding lol. I have ADHD but I don't care if you call me retarted or not.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they had an operation to become a woman...wouldn't they be a woman?

I'm ignorant to the whole sex-change operation.

Pretty much. I don't think they can do womb transplants yet though. Hormone replacement causes the body to change shape in certain places, redistributing fat, slows or stops facial/body hair, changes emotional things.

The "sex change operation" is just genital surgery as far as I'm aware, but I think some people get other surgery for certain things.

I think I'm right, but there'll be people on here who know these things better than I do, so someone else may be able to answer in more detail.

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@v_scarlotte_rose:

And you gotta be kidding lol. I have ADHD but I don't care if you call me retarted or not.

Saying your impolite is not stating you have mental retardation.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

1. It may be rough, but it must come out.

2. Nothing,Love: it's not in the pants, it's in the heart

martyyy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@martyyy15 said:

@hbktimhbk:

No because they'd still have the male or female chromosomes they were born with

Yes, but that's just on the genetic level, not something you'd have to see.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose:

All this political correctness stuff is ridiculas lol

It's not political correctness, it's just good manners.

Being transgendered can be very stressful, so it's best not to make it any more stressful. Please consider peoples feelings when commenting on this kind of subject.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I have been thinking about doing gender reassignment program for 3 years now...

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@martyyy15: ADHD and Mental Retardation are different from what I understand.