This is Snake. Do you have any questions Otacon?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Samimista

If so feel free to ask! Unlike Nationwide, Samimista is on your side. =D

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Thoughts on this Playstation All stars ?

<3

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Samimista

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

<3

I'm very surprised they haven't announced a Final Fantasy character yet. I'm hoping it'll be Cloud or Tidus. I was kinda hoping instead of Raiden it would of been either Grey Fox, Big Boss, or even The Boss to be the Metal Gear character in the game. Even though it's a generic version of Super Smash Bros. I'm looking forward to this as I've always been more of a Sony fan.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista:People have been wanting Cloud since SSB lol

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Samimista

@Samimista:People have been wanting Cloud since SSB lol

Fun Fact: There was a poll for fans to choose between who they wanted to see Cloud or Solid Snake in SSBB.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Samimista:Cool.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By MrDirector786

How would you rank all the Metal Gear games you've played in order from favorite to least favorite?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Samimista

@MrDirector786 said:

How would you rank all the Metal Gear games you've played in order from favorite to least favorite?

I like this question. =D

Favorites:

Metal Gear Solid 3 - I really enjoyed playing as a Snake who was more human like. I think, if someone were to look back in the 80's with the original Metal Gear games, no one would of though of giving Big Boss a past story of his life to conclude on his change from good to bad. Solid Snake, would probably be my favorite Snake but, I always felt he was more of the loner who tried to stray away from people and focus on his mission when meanwhile, Naked Snake, was trained by the best of the best yet it was a struggle to hide his emotions on the battlefield.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Four years ago, I never played Metal Gear Solid nor heard of what it was until I saw my older brother play this. Even back then, my mind was blown away on how hopeless and realism the scenes were with the gritty war and emotional soap opera style that Hideo incorporated into this masterpiece.

Even though, I've heard of this game when it came out, I didn't play it until almost a year ago after playing the rest of the main titles. I enjoyed how we saw old faces from the previous title returns and that Snake found out who his biological mother was. We also learned what Snake's real name was in the game.

I've also enjoyed the nods in the previous games such as Shadow Moses. Revisiting there was a very haunted place to me after what happened with Grey Fox who's my favorite character in the series. I also liked how you could switch the pixel graphics to the original Metal Gear Solid in that scene.

Truth be told, I've cried probably more than I should of during this game and I can't watch the scene where Naomi's recording of FOXALIVE plays or else my eyes get watery.

Metal Gear Solid - The game that revived Metal Gear to the newer generation with a cinematic story. I found some of the twists to be a bit clique such as the evil twin brother thing but, I enjoyed this due to Solid Snake's character development, on the outside he seemed to be a ladies man who was a happy go lucky guy with his charisma but really, he was a loner who didn't have anyone. Meryl in my opinion wasn't in love with him but was in love with the idea of him being this mysterious hero when really he consider himself to be a cold blooded killer.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - At first, this was my favorite Metal Gear Solid game but, that changed after playing the rest. Looking back, I liked how from a rookie's point of view we saw Snake in a mentor kind of light but, I couldn't take this game too seriously. I felt Hideo was trying too hard to make Raiden into a Grey Fox 2.0 with his physical looks and similarities in history but more sassy. Even though I may not be the biggest fan of him, I felt very bad about the Rose situation. I mean come on, he asked her not to refer to him as his real name on the mission for privacy reason yet she does anyways and nags him on what day tomorrow is when meanwhile the guy should be focusing on his mission that needs to be complete in a 48 hour limit?

Also, this week I will be doing a blog on what the series means to me so that'll be more detailed than this. =)

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Collect action figures?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrDirector786

@Samimista: I almost have the same order only I like 4 more than 3. I don't actually hate any of the Metal Gear games I've played - I just prefer some over others is all. Like, MGS2 is also my least favorite but I still like the game - I just prefer the other three over it. I didn't really like playing as Raiden and the story was the most confusing of the 4. I did like the swordplay near the end of the game, though. Of course, I think all the games have stories which are confusing at first, but I just had to play through them once more to understand what happened. Though, now that I think about it, the stories weren't really confusing - they just had a lot of content to them so during a first playthrough you're going to forget a few things.

Also looking forward to the blog. That kind of reminds me of how I had planned a while ago to make a blog where I gave my thoughts on every Transformers series I've ever seen, but I have yet to do it because I want to rewatch some of the shows I haven't seen in a while so I can better state some of my thoughts when I do it.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Samimista

@MrDirector786 said:

@Samimista: I almost have the same order only I like 4 more than 3. I don't actually hate any of the Metal Gear games I've played - I just prefer some over others is all. Like, MGS2 is also my least favorite but I still like the game - I just prefer the other three over it. I didn't really like playing as Raiden and the story was the most confusing of the 4. I did like the swordplay near the end of the game, though. Of course, I think all the games have stories which are confusing at first, but I just had to play through them once more to understand what happened. Though, now that I think about it, the stories weren't really confusing - they just had a lot of content to them so during a first playthrough you're going to forget a few things.

Also looking forward to the blog. That kind of reminds me of how I had planned a while ago to make a blog where I gave my thoughts on every Transformers series I've ever seen, but I have yet to do it because I want to rewatch some of the shows I haven't seen in a while so I can better state some of my thoughts when I do it.

I still like the 2nd too. In my opinion each Metal Gear game is supposed to be different so you gotta look at it with a new perspective. Lol! I wonder how on Earth the story was done for the 4th. I mean it was a great game for the characters but, it's like the staff of it added new and deleted old things of the history to see what would work the best. My favorite would also be with the sword. I think that was foreshadowing Raiden to be a ninja. I usually play each title three or four times.

I'm looking forward to your blog too! =) You should also do one on Sonic if you haven't yet. It's cool how he appeared in the Progressive commercial.~

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Collect action figures?

No but I would love too! I would like to get video game action figures of Master Chief, Samus, Lara Croft, Cloud, Aerith, Nightwing, and Catwoman. Just wish the prices would drop lower. Dx

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By nickthedevil

I'm guessing you are a Playstation man all the way?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista: Do you like Big L?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Samimista

@nickthedevil said:

I'm guessing you are a Playstation man all the way?

Lol! I'm a girl but I like and have the other consoles but more of a Sony fan yeah. =) Mostly due to the Metal Gear and Final Fantasy games though.

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Samimista: Do you like Big L?

I'm not really into rap so no but, I do think it's funny there's a Lil B and now a Big L. Soon we'll have a Medium M. xD

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista: What is your favorite movie off all time?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Samimista: What is your favorite movie off all time?

Hard to say. I love the animated Alice in Wonderland that I used to watch over and over as a kid. Even now I still enjoy it as I wish there was a fantasy world to escape from the stress and problems in the real world. But, I also love Beauty and the Beast and Pretty Woman as I'm a sucker for how well told those stories were so it would really be between those three.

As you can tell, I love Disney. =D If it was up to me, I would be having a tea party with Belle and Aurora. =D xD

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickthedevil

I'm sorry. Playstation babe. Sony girl. Cool beans.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Samimista

@nickthedevil said:

I'm sorry. Playstation babe. Sony girl. Cool beans.

Lol! Not a prob. =) I also like Naughty Dog due to the awesomeness of their name and the Uncharted and Bandicoot series. Microsoft I never was a fan of until last year as I appreciate that they have more titles on their console. Nintendo, I like certain titles. Nowadays I feel they're trying to hard to earn money from the older fans but it's not working.

But, Sony for me holds a lot of nostalgia as I grew up on Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. So that plays a factor in my choice.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

Great! I own all the (good) Crash Bandicoots 1-3 and Spyro's 1-3. Abe's oddessey was among my favorites and FFVII. OH, and I had a geekasm when I saw that Sir Dan Fortesque was included :D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Samimista

@nickthedevil said:

Great! I own all the (good) Crash Bandicoots 1-3 and Spyro's 1-3. Abe's oddessey was among my favorites and FFVII. OH, and I had a geekasm when I saw that Sir Dan Fortesque was included :D

I almost forgot about Spyro. =O Never played it but it was all the talk about years ago. What ever happened to that series anyways? Is there still games of it.

VII was my first and favorite Final Fantasy that I played five years ago. I know it's a bit overrated but honestly, it was the first game to get me emotionally attached to the characters. Even to this day I love the game. Replayed it over the summer. I'd recommend IV, VI, VIII, and X if you haven't played those. Especially X.

Hahaha! xD I'm taking you're looking forward to All-Stars? That's gonna be a fun game.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nickthedevil

@Samimista: yes, yes I am... Sorry, over excited XD Medievil was the game of my childhood, if they were to include Abe, then I'd just.... just...

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Samimista

@nickthedevil: Lol! If Abe was included your mind wouldn't be able to handle all that awesomeness at once! xD If it makes you feel better I'm over excited for Ground Zeroes and Pokemon B&W2. =D I would say Versus but, face it, that game is another Dukem Nukem Forever. >_<

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Samimista said:

<3

I'm very surprised they haven't announced a Final Fantasy character yet. I'm hoping it'll be Cloud or Tidus. I was kinda hoping instead of Raiden it would of been either Grey Fox, Big Boss, or even The Boss to be the Metal Gear character in the game. Even though it's a generic version of Super Smash Bros. I'm looking forward to this as I've always been more of a Sony fan.

They already anounced Cloud,as I'm a XbOX player I'm waiting for XBOX stars,it will have a lot of characters btw:

• Master Chief
  • Marcus Fenix
  • Banjoo & Kazooie
  • Master Chief
  • Master Chief
  • Master Chief
  • Master Chief
  • Master Chief-DLC
  • Master Chief-DLC
  • Master Chief-DLC
  • Master Chief-DLC
Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Samimista

@deadpoolrules: =O They announced Cloud already? Yes!

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Samimista said:

From what I heard Crash Bandicoot will be in it as well,always liked him.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Samimista

@deadpoolrules said:

@Samimista said:

I've only played the first Bandicoot game but he is awesome. Just wish more Metal Gear characters will be in it. At least one more or two.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista: Who is your favorite comic hero?

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Samimista said:

@deadpoolrules said:

@Samimista said:

I've only played the first Bandicoot game but he is awesome. Just wish more Metal Gear characters will be in it. At least one more or two.

It would be nice to see one or more,I would like to see someone new,the characters of the game are just...common

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011: Batman, Nightwing, Cassandra Cain's Batgirl, Oracle, Kyle Rayner, Black Widow, She-Hulk, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Aquaman, Wally West's Flash, Ted Kord's Blue Beetle, Static Shock, and Sue Storm.

Batman would be my favorite hero of all time as he's the first one I knew as a kid and how he's a symbol of the world. He's the hero that's needed in today's dark times. Look at Gotham for instance, Batman is their hope through the bad times with such a high crime rate. From growing up with Batman & Robin to Nolan's trilogy there was certainly a big difference between those two things.

I didn't start reading comics until a few weeks before I joined the Vine so Nolan's insight on Batman is what made my admiration for the character grew.

The reason why I listed others is because those are the ones I mostly look up to and love due to their personalities and growth.

Jean Grey I absolutely love and adore on all ends despite how many hate her. Personally, if someone has something against the actual character, that's fine but if it's because of her deaths? Blame the writers and not the character. Even though she's not actually coming back from the dead I'm looking forward to her past self learning about her present self and what happened between her and Scott even though it'll be heartbreaking to read.

Barbara Gordon is the perfect role model for anyone disabled and for women out there. Librarian at day, fighter at night. It was a tragic seeing her get shot by the Joker but, it was triumph to watch her overcome her struggles of learning how to deal with being handicap and using her intelligence for the better good.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Samimista

@deadpoolrules said:

@Samimista said:

@deadpoolrules said:

@Samimista said:

It would be nice to see one or more,I would like to see someone new,the characters of the game are just...common

I agree. I mean, I understand why Raiden was chosen since Rising is a hack and slash title and since All Stars is a fighting game it fits but, I feel like he's more well known and doesn't need to be in this game. The Boss, Grey Fox, and Big Boss I would of chose instead as those three fit the games theme of war better.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista: Favorite Food?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011: Sweet potato with roasted marshmallows on top drizzled with caramel! =D I'd recommend if you haven't tried that. It taste like candy for dinner.~

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista said:

@dccomicsrule2011: Sweet potato with roasted marshmallows on top drizzled with caramel! =D I'd recommend if you haven't tried that. It taste like candy for dinner.~

Mmmm sounds good:D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Samimista said:

Have a Shirley Temple with that and you're in business. =D I just recently discovered both as Texas Roadhouse. Now every two or three weeks I get my parents to take me there.~

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deadpoolrules

Favourite game?

Did you bought Gears of War 3? :P

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Samimista

@deadpoolrules said:

Favourite game?

Hmm that would be between Final Fantasy VII, EarthBound, or Metal Gear Solid 3....I'll go with Final Fantasy VII as that holds many memories and it never gets old.

Luckily my older brother has the whole series so I borrow it from him. =D Just gotta beat Peacewalker and finish up the Gears trilogy. Think there's gonna be a new Gears game?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Samimista said:

Have a Shirley Temple with that and you're in business. =D I just recently discovered both as Texas Roadhouse. Now every two or three weeks I get my parents to take me there.~

I love Texas Roadhouse I used to go there every sunday(:

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Samimista said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Samimista said:

I love Texas Roadhouse I used to go there every sunday(:

Lol! I wish it was more cheap though. xD It's always packed at the one I'm close to so we always gotta make reservations. Always been tempted to go there and say it's my Birthday even when it's not just for the free cake. xD

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Samimista said:

@deadpoolrules said:

Favourite game?

Hmm that would be between Final Fantasy VII, EarthBound, or Metal Gear Solid 3....I'll go with Final Fantasy VII as that holds many memories and it never gets old.

Luckily my older brother has the whole series so I borrow it from him. =D Just gotta beat Peacewalker and finish up the Gears trilogy. Think there's gonna be a new Gears game?

There will be another Gears,but it'll be Baird's story,I don't think it will be great.

Did you saw the vids I showed you of Dom and...you know..?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Samimista

@deadpoolrules said:

@Samimista said:

@deadpoolrules said:

Favourite game?

There will be another Gears,but it'll be Baird's story,I don't think it will be great.

Irony Baird looks like Cid Highwind from Final Fantasy VII. xD

Yes, you did. v_v I must erase those sad scenes from my brain. Dx To be honest I still didn't beat the first so I gotta do that first and move on to the second.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By Deranged Midget

Favourite Marvel character? DC?

Favourite fruit?

Pokemon Silver or Gold?

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Samimista said:

@deadpoolrules said:

@Samimista said:

@deadpoolrules said:

Favourite game?

Irony Baird looks like Cid Highwind from Final Fantasy VII. xD

Yes, you did. v_v I must erase those sad scenes from my brain. Dx To be honest I still didn't beat the first so I gotta do that first and move on to the second.

I always cry when I see those T.T

Favourite Marvel character?

Favourite DC character?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Samimista

@Deranged Midget said:

Favourite Marvel character? DC?

Favourite fruit?

Pokemon Silver or Gold?

Jean Grey for Marvel! =D She's my girl.~ I know she gets lots of hate but, I love her anyways. <3 If she ever comes back from the dead though, I want her to come back as a strong willed girl who's moved on from Scott and Emma. Less focus on Phoenix Force and more focus on Marvel Girl. I would also like a title featuring her as a leader of a team with Storm, Rogue, Jubilee, Kitty, and Psylocke. It's such a shame though Marvel never knows what to do with her.

Batman for DC as I grew up with him and he was the first hero I was introduced to. =)

Kiwis! =D Even though I get scared to cut their skin off as I don't wanna lose my fingers or hand like Aquaman I still love how juicy they are. =D

Silver. Gotta love Lugia. Also, not sure if you know this but here's a Fun Fact:

In the manga Silver (rival) is Giovanni's son. In the original games they didn't have this connection but at the remakes of the 1st and 2nd gen Nintendo made this more clear.

Watch your mind now be blown.

@deadpoolrules: Jean Grey and Batman. =D

Also, to anyone out there, I apologize if I reply after you ask a question. I may not see it afterwards til I post. >_<

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista: Who is your favorite Pokemon?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Samimista

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Charizard hands down. =) My second would be Lucario.

Fun Fact: Pikachu originally wasn't supposed to be the mascot. It was gonna be Clefairy.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Samimista: O_O

Do you like The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Fun Fact: Pikachu originally wasn't supposed to be the mascot. It was gonna be Clefairy.

My favorite was always Mewtwo:D

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Samimista

@Deranged Midget said:

@Samimista: O_O

Do you like The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra?

Yup! I actually watched The Last Airbender when it first aired til the very last episode. =) I was so surprised there was ever gonna be a sequel or spinoff of it to be honest with all of the years that passed by since Airbender last aired.

I like how Korra has spunk in her. She reminds me of a mixture of Tidus and Lightning from the Final Fantasy series.~ Sad though with Katara. Least we know what happened between her and Aang after the first show ended. Seems like season 2 can't come out soon enough.

Not exactly related to the question but, Doctor Who just started again yet it's going on break after Saturday's episode. What the heck? Moffat sure knows how to be a tease. D= Even more than Dinkleberg.

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Samimista said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

My favorite was always Mewtwo:D

I always liked how even though he's a Pokemon he can comprehend human nature with his intelligence. I still get upset during the first Pokemon movie. ;___;

I don't watch the anime anymore as I stopped after Misty left but from time to time I still check in. It's a shame Nintendo won't invest the time to make another separate Pokemon anime for the veteran fans or even start repairing the current anime.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@Samimista: I stopped watching after Diamond and Pearl, it got real old and tiresome.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MrDirector786

@Samimista said:

I still like the 2nd too. In my opinion each Metal Gear game is supposed to be different so you gotta look at it with a new perspective. Lol! I wonder how on Earth the story was done for the 4th. I mean it was a great game for the characters but, it's like the staff of it added new and deleted old things of the history to see what would work the best. My favorite would also be with the sword. I think that was foreshadowing Raiden to be a ninja. I usually play each title three or four times.

I'm looking forward to your blog too! =) You should also do one on Sonic if you haven't yet. It's cool how he appeared in the Progressive commercial.~

I think every game in any series should be different enough from the others so that they feel like their own game, but still stay true to the roots. I think the MGS series did a pretty good job with that. They all felt different from each other but they were all still about stealth and using whatever equipment you could find to complete the mission. I never thought about doing one for Sonic, but I'll consider it. I also liked his appearance in the Progressive commercial.