• 173 results
Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chazz85

OK THIS IS JUST THE UK THREAD COS THERES ALREADY A EUROPE THREAD.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Europe is a nice place to live :p

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't you make this thread earlier today? lol

I did. I just don't want to sound like a douche claiming I already made a thread like this. :P

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one can be the UK thread

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chazz85

@rocketraccoonthingy: I'll rename this to the UK thread.

Also while iam here did anyone vote conservative if so please explain why.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

Okay

I didn't vote for anything

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

Didn't vote, why anyone would vote conservative is beyond me though

Did you vote?

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

Did you vote?

Are you talking to me or him?

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

I didn't bother voting in the end

Honestly I felt like I had a choice between heartless pricks or incompetent crooks

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quinnofthestoneage: Iam 16 i registered i can vote but by the time it happened a week had passed since the election.

@silent_bomber You should of david cameron is ruining everything.

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What is it?! Dinosaur? Monster? floating refuse?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jesusthesefanboys
Jesusthesefanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Sweden has enough problems with immigration. Hopefully twatty cameron can lower it a bit. I have nothing wrong with immigration, its just if its too much of unskilled immigrants that don't want to intergrate, then i have a problem. Otherwise feel free and welcome to the UK!!, UK!! UK!! UK!! UK! UK!! UK!..

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By silent_bomber

This didn't last very long in comparison to the US thread :(

EDIT: Here's a montage I made of 2000AD characters (its somewhat on topic lol)

No Caption Provided

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#22 BumpyBoo  Moderator

*waves hands excitedly* Yma! :D

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the stereotype in places like America still that british people are either all really posh or say things like "how ya doing govna'?"

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By silent_bomber

@bumpyboo said:

*waves hands excitedly* Yma! :D

Ah! its Welsh.

Initially I thought it was yet another acronym that I was too out of date to understand, after a search on Google I decided that it was either a typo, or a call out to the Young Muslim Association, which seemed unlikely :(

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy said:

@quinnofthestoneage said:

@chazz85 said:

Did you vote?

Are you talking to me or him?

Him

For how long will Europe be nice? anyone check Sweden, Belgium, France, German news?

Here's an interesting vid, I'm not sure how accurate his channel is the guy seems to be rightwing conservative but its an interesting watch

Loading Video...

seems incest, cousin marriage, child rape, marrying someone at 9 is ok in Islam since the warmonger prophet called Mohammed had sex with nine year old and married a six year old girl

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fablecounty: Seeing Europe go under Islamification is just depressing. I mean you've seen how Middle East crumbled under the wars and Islam.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fablecounty: Seeing Europe go under Islamification is just depressing. I mean you've seen how Middle East crumbled under the wars and Islam.

Europe is starting to self-censor, the EU passed new laws to take over facebook, twitter, youtube

Loading Video...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Lvenger

It's actually quite unfair that critique and scrutiny of the problems behind mass immigration and refugees from Islamic countries can't be had in a fair and equally balanced discussion of both sides of the argument. I have a great personal dislike of the Islamophobia shield that has been erected by the far Left to conflate valid critiques of the backwards barbaric side to Islamic culture under the pretenses that all refugees are precious snowflakes who want to fit in with everyone else.

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It's actually quite unfair that critique and scrutiny of the problems behind mass immigration and refugees from Islamic countries can't be had in a fair and equally balanced discussion of both sides of the argument. I have a great personal dislike of the Islamophobia shield that has been erected by the far Left to conflate valid critiques of the backwards barbaric side to Islamic culture under the pretenses that all refugees are precious snowflakes who want to fit in with everyone else.

One thing the EU referendum debate has helped show is that people in general really aren't fair and balanced or their approach to the debate aren't even when MP's and people in positions of power should have a responsibility to inform honestly about the referendum but instead people are too busy arguing for their side that best suits their own personal agendas. And that voting "guide" for the EU was a joke it was just excerpts from the remain and leave campaign websites instead of actual balanced information. And just the lack of balanced information been presented is a complete joke.

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

One thing the EU referendum debate has helped show is that people in general really aren't fair and balanced or their approach to the debate aren't even when MP's and people in positions of power should have a responsibility to inform honestly about the referendum but instead people are too busy arguing for their side that best suits their own personal agendas. And that voting "guide" for the EU was a joke it was just excerpts from the remain and leave campaign websites instead of actual balanced information. And just the lack of balanced information been presented is a complete joke.

Italians

Loading Video...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That's what I keep seeing as well, this referendum has been a complete mess when it comes to providing information and facts about each side's arguments. Remain keeps harping on about the economy whereas Leave is too focused on immigration. Neither side is being candidly honest about what they're preaching and are really inserting their own political agendas as arguments instead. Honestly the outcome of this referendum is not going to be a concrete one as not everyone voting knows what's really at stake.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@mrdecepticonleader said:
@lvenger said:

That's what I keep seeing as well, this referendum has been a complete mess when it comes to providing information and facts about each side's arguments. Remain keeps harping on about the economy whereas Leave is too focused on immigration. Neither side is being candidly honest about what they're preaching and are really inserting their own political agendas as arguments instead. Honestly the outcome of this referendum is not going to be a concrete one as not everyone voting knows what's really at stake.

Yeah pretty much.

Are you in or out in regards to the EU?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrdecepticonleader: In but only just, I'm still uncertain about the EU being totally bureaucratic, possibly undemocratic and enforcing a biased censorship agenda towards satire and criticism of Islam or the real dangers of mass immigration. Even so, voting in is more sensible to me than out due to the dangers there. How about you, what are you voting in the referendum?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogueshadow  Moderator

I'm having serious trouble accessing any impartial data concerning a potential Brexit to be honest, the statistics are often misleading and entirely disingenuous, it's a real quagmire of politicking from all corners, it's very annoying, both sides try to paint the situation as entirely black and white and it's just frustrating. The economics of the situation are entirely unclear and there doesn't seem to be anything near a consensus. I'm still leaning in but not by any large margin.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The mainstream TV debate has been awful all in all. There's been some good stuff on Andrew Neils show but that's about it.

Some dribs and drabs on BBC Parliament and Sky News here and there but not a helluva lot.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mrdecepticonleader: In but only just, I'm still uncertain about the EU being totally bureaucratic, possibly undemocratic and enforcing a biased censorship agenda towards satire and criticism of Islam or the real dangers of mass immigration. Even so, voting in is more sensible to me than out due to the dangers there. How about you, what are you voting in the referendum?

Yeah it is hard balancing things up. I think I am going to vote in but only just. I reckon the majority will vote to leave though. Just my guess though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out before this gets here

Loading Video...
Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm having serious trouble accessing any impartial data concerning a potential Brexit to be honest, the statistics are often misleading and entirely disingenuous, it's a real quagmire of politicking from all corners, it's very annoying, both sides try to paint the situation as entirely black and white and it's just frustrating. The economics of the situation are entirely unclear and there doesn't seem to be anything near a consensus. I'm still leaning in but not by any large margin.

Hello friend - If I could take a minute of your time to read a wall of text, from a chap over at Taki's:

Here are a few things the EU has done for the UK economy:

Jaguar Land Rover stops making its Defender in the UK because of EU laws on fuel emissions. It is now set to be built abroad outside the EU.

In 2007 the Peugeot factory in Ryton, Coventry closed down (2,300 job losses) and moved to Slovakia with the help of £78m EU funding.

Britain's remaining ferry service to Scandinavia (DFDS Harwich to Esbjerg) ended in 2014 after 140 years service because of an EU Directive.

'3000 police cars foreign made'. Police say they are powerless to offer contracts to British car factories because of EU procurement rules.

Before the UK entered the EEC/EU, unemployment stood at 2.6%. It is now 5.6% (1.85 million - May, 2015).

Norway, Iceland and Switzerland are thriving because they are not encumbered by Euro bailout costs and extortionate EU membership fees.

There were 25 EU Free Trade Agreements in force in 2012 while the Swiss (non-EU) had independently negotiated 26.

The EU's Landfill Directive has been responsible for some councils ending their weekly bin collections.

EU specified light bulbs cost 500% more than filament bulbs. Some people complain that the EU specified light bulbs produce a lesser quality of light and cfl's contain mercury, a poisonous neurotoxin and phosphors. Health issues affecting those that suffer from light sensitivity.

It's been suggested that VAT on domestic fuels should be cut from 5% to zero. But 5% is the minimum allowed under EU law.

Less than 10% of Britain's GDP represents trade with the EU yet Brussels regulations afflict 100% of the UK economy.

Britain will pay £100 million a year more to the European budget over the next five years. (Telegraph: 03/12/2014)

Article 42 3. gives the EU the power to begin the process of standardising the military forces of the member states via the EDA.

Britain receives just 49p of every £1 paid to the European Union. (Sunday Express & Business for Britain, 12/07/2015)

TTIP will undermine data privacy by making it easier for companies to gain access to individuals’ personal details for commercial purposes.

EU Commission will block public access to all documents related to TTIP negotiations for 30 years. (EU/US negotiator Ignacio Garcia Bercero)

TTIP will downgrade food safety rules (including restrictions on GMOs), regulations on the use of toxic chemicals and data protection laws.

TTIP will allow corporations to sue the UK under the Investor-State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) clause.

European crime gangs are operating here with impunity due to EU open borders. Gov't estimates there are 13k trafficking victims in the UK.

The UK may withdraw from the obligations of any (EU) treaty under Articles 56,65,66,67 of the 1969 Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties.

The EU isn't in the top five issues people are most concerned about. But those five issues are affected by the EU - like immigration.

HoC library's 13% UK laws made in Brussels figure doesn't include EU reg's which are transposed into law without passing through parliament.

The House of Commons library say 13.3% of UK laws now come from Brussels. European Commissioner Viviane Reding says it's 70%.

Our future does not depend on our membership of the European Union, it rests on our abilities to progress in the world outside of it.

Net EU contributions together with the adverse impact on business here of EU regulations will cost the UK more than £20billion in 2015.

There's no economic benefit in the UK remaining in the EU. EU regulations cost our businesses alone over £9.4bn, according to the BIS.

There was NO 'free movement' for Brits to the EU (EEC) before we joined in '73. Yet we lived, studied, worked, holidayed and retired there.

The EU is NOT "Europe". It's 56% of Europe's countries, 68% of the continent's population and just 43% of its land mass.

UK membership of EU: "Perhaps surprisingly, it's virtually impossible to find hard proof of any net benefit" — Carsten Volkery, Der Spiegel

UK has LOWER GDP per head than:

Australia

Canada

HK

Iceland

Norway

Singapore

Switzerland

Taiwan

USA

Countries THRIVE outside the EU!

Britain’s future outside is bright, while the ‪#‎EU‬ is anti-democratic, anti-growth, and holding Britain back | via E21 http://t.co/fuFrsSuDHs

EU commits €267.6m for Denmark, €129.6m Estonia, €284.6m Germany, €172.9m for Sweden to boost fisheries & aquaculture. Nothing for the UK.

Top importers into the EU, by proportion of total EU imports:

18% China

12% USA

11% Russia

None have Free Trade Agreements with the EU!

'Britain had regular manufacturing & service trade surpluses with the rest of W Europe before joining the EEC (EU) in 1973' — Lewis Abbott

Well over a third of EU citizens reaching the UK in the year to March 2015 (39%) had no job arranged prior to their arrival here. ONS

In the past four quarters the EU exported £84.935bn more goods to the UK than we did to it. The EU cannot afford to stop trading with us!

The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th biggest economies can survive and prosper outside the EU. So can the 5th: the UK.

Switzerland, Canada, South Africa, Chile, Mexico and South Korea have free trade agreements with the EU. So would the UK when we leave it.

UK Net Contributions to the EU budget:

£11.3bn 2015 (OBR estimate)

£11.0bn 2014

£ 8.6bn 2013

£ 8.5bn 2012

£ 8.1bn 2011

£ 7.4bn 2010

Elected MEPs cannot initiate legislation, propose legislation or even repeal legislation. All that is done by the unelected EU Commission.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@stupid1 - Thanks, I'll take this data into consideration, but... I'm fairly set that I'm voting leave anyway after some quite extensive research in the past couple of days, lol. Some of this information I certainly wasn't aware though, and much of it only further cements my decision. Still, I'm always wary of stats in general, I know how malleable they can be.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Yeah it is hard balancing things up. I think I am going to vote in but only just. I reckon the majority will vote to leave though. Just my guess though.

Funny that's my guess for the Referendum as well. This shouldn't be nearly as easy to decide as some people seem keen on doing.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@mrdecepticonleader said:
@lvenger said:

Funny that's my guess for the Referendum as well. This shouldn't be nearly as easy to decide as some people seem keen on doing.

Yeah but then people tend to like to simplify things, us vs them mentality

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed how Britain seems to consider itself "different" from the rest of Europe when it comes to European/EU politics.

hudyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makkyd said:

I noticed how Britain seems to consider itself "different" from the rest of Europe when it comes to European/EU politics.

That's because we are....

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hudyman said:
@makkyd said:

That's because we are....

The " means I'm referring to more than the usual country differences. Every country in the EU is different to each other, obviously.