The Supernatural In Us

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

You have seen and heard of people do amazing things before on TV and in magazines. Do you believe that people have the ability to actually lift a car ? That people can really move things with their minds ? Or even use magical spells to curse someone ? Or is all this just a hoax ?

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

i believe that this is all bullcrap

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

I don't believe

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Nighthunter says:

"I don't believe"

I believe certain things are possible, such as certain forms of magic such as casting spells.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Copy

The part with lifting a car I believe its possible. I mean do we really know the true limits of our bodies? Especially when under extreme stress. I'm not saying I believe in it. I'm just saying it might be possible.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nighthunter

King Saturn says:

"Nighthunter says:
"I don't believe"

I believe certain things are possible, such as certain forms of magic such as casting spells."

nah I'll stick with science

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

Darkchild says:

"i believe that this is all bullcrap"

agreed

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Nighthunter says:

"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"I don't believe"
I believe certain things are possible, such as certain forms of magic such as casting spells."
nah I'll stick with science"

LOL. It maybe hard for you to believe but I have actually seen some spells work on people.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nighthunter

King Saturn says:

"Nighthunter says:
"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"I don't believe"

LOL. It maybe hard for you to believe but I have actually seen some spells work on people."

those people were acting :P

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Copy

Crimson Orchid says:

"When it comes to lifting cars and what not, I believe that it's adrenalin. It can make you do amazing things when there's enough need for it."

Agree.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are people with extreme abilities, such as that girl that can shoot electricity out of her fingers. And I am a believer of the picking up car thing because I seen a show about it where a woman lifted a car. Not above her head, but it's still pretty impressive for a person who is pretty old, doesn't work-out, and that is on the heavier side.

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crimson Orchid

When it comes to lifting cars and what not, I believe that it's adrenalin. It can make you do amazing things when there's enough need for it.

I don't believe in spells and curses, however I do believe that if you believe it, it will happen. It's all psychological.

Now, as for people moving things with their minds... with the people that go on TV, I think it's a hoax looking for fame. However, I have seen way too much weird sh*t in my life to not believe that some people may have the gift.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Sparda

Adrenaline can make you do insane stuff (Fun fact-if you're hopped up on large amounts of adrenaline, you can take upwards of 10 bullets to the chest and still be active. It's been known to happen to soldiers in the heat of battle), so I believe lifting a car.

Magic-No, not really.

Psychic stuff-Um, I guess it's possible, but like Orchid, I don't believe in the people who go on TV to do it. Except for that one guy who bended the stop sign, that was just freaky.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Nighthunter says:

"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"I don't believe"
LOL. It maybe hard for you to believe but I have actually seen some spells work on people."
those people were acting :P"

No, I dont mean on TV Nighthunter. I have seen people that use to live next door to me use Voodoo. Man that stuff is real.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sparda says:

"Fun fact-if you're hopped up on large amounts of adrenaline, you can take upwards of 10 bullets to the chest and still be active. It's been known to happen to soldiers in the heat of battle"

Where did you hear that??

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"Sparda says:
"Fun fact-if you're hopped up on large amounts of adrenaline, you can take upwards of 10 bullets to the chest and still be active. It's been known to happen to soldiers in the heat of battle"

Where did you hear that??"

It was in EGM. It was their "true or false section" (back when they had it). They talked with a doctor or something about whether it's possible for a human to take so many bullets, like in many FPS's. And that was the answer.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By NiteFly

King Saturn says:

"Nighthunter says:
"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"I don't believe"

No, I dont mean on TV Nighthunter. I have seen people that use to live next door to me use Voodoo. Man that stuff is real."

No, you are simply very, very gullible.

@Legendary Bio Vishanti

You can find similar phenomenon all over the place (similar to Sparda's example, anyway). For instance, because of the highly anesthetic effects of PCP there have been many urban legends about PCP causing superhuman strength in abusers giving them the equivalent strength of ten men. This of course is not true. You would be surprised how much your body can do and handle when you cannot feel pain.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

NiteFly says:

"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"King Saturn says:
"Nighthunter says:
"I don't believe"
No, I dont mean on TV Nighthunter. I have seen people that use to live next door to me use Voodoo. Man that stuff is real."
No, you are simply very, very gullible. @Legendary Bio Vishanti
You can find similar phenomenon all over the place (similar to Sparda's example, anyway). For instance, because of the highly anesthetic effects of PCP there have been many urban legends about PCP causing superhuman strength in abusers giving them the equivalent strength of ten men. This of course is not true. You would be surprised how much your body can do and handle when you cannot feel pain."

LOL. I am not gullible buddy. To say that the supernatural doesnt exist is hogwash. Magic is real, so are Angels and Demons buddy. You can bank on that.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gloom

NiteFly says:

"King Saturn says:
"No, I dont mean on TV Nighthunter. I have seen people that use to live next door to me use Voodoo. Man that stuff is real."

No, you are simply very, very gullible."

Well, it's all really a matter of faith (or lack thereof), so it's sorta pointless being so matter-of-fact about it.

I, for one, believe in some degree of supernatural, not all of it.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NiteFly

I will continue to be matter-of-fact about it until the status quo changes. Actually I believe the true issue here is the profession of the truth of such items in a matter-of-fact manner. Objects of faith (note the word faith) are based on faith and nothing more. I don't mind other people believing it, I just find it silly when people profess the truth of these objects as if they were scientific fact. The fact of the matter is (while perhaps fun to believe) these items are unverifiable, unreproducible, and unrepeatable. There is no more proof for the existence of such things than there is proof against them, so professing their obvious existence hinges on no more than the argument that "since you cannot prove that they do not exist must mean that they do". This conclusion is a fallacious misuse of the law of excluded middle, or false dichotomy, to prove a point that cannot logically be proven.

Having said that as a matter of moral imperative I will continue to allow myself to be as stubborn in the profession that such things do not exist as those who would blindly profess they do.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zee crusher

Well lift a car they do it all the time on worlds strongest man lol magic its real its only considered doing something amazing while tricking the mind so a card trick that you don't know how its done its considered magic lol. As for with the mind they did show a guy on tv once two of them that learn to keep their bodies in the air while in indian position for a few good seconds using their mind and jumping power with a little more training they said they could stay their a little longer.

Gloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gloom

NiteFly says:

"I will continue to be matter-of-fact about it until the status quo changes. Actually I believe the true issue here is the profession of the truth of such items in a matter-of-fact manner. Objects of faith (note the word faith) are based on faith and nothing more. I don't mind other people believing it, I just find it silly when people profess the truth of these objects as if they were scientific fact. The fact of the matter is (while perhaps fun to believe) these items are unverifiable, unreproducible, and unrepeatable. There is no more proof for the existence of such things than there is proof against them, so professing their obvious existence hinges on no more than the argument that "since you cannot prove that they do not exist must mean that they do". This conclusion is a fallacious misuse of the law of excluded middle, or false dichotomy, to prove a point that cannot logically be proven.Having said that as a matter of moral imperative I will continue to allow myself to be as stubborn in the profession that such things do not exist as those who would blindly profess they do."

Okay.

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crimson Orchid

Just thought I might bring up a couple of other supernatural items. I've always been interested in these items and have studied and used all of them. So this is what I believe for all of them.

Ouija Board: My first experience with one of these was creepy to say the least. I had bought it for Halloween to play with. It started moving without me even touching it, my fingers were a good centimeter away from the slider. I had always been a little skeptical of these things, so I started asking some simple questions, then questions only I knew the answer to, then a couple questions on matters to happen in the near future. It got all of them right. Every single one. Even the mark I got on a project that I didn't get back until 3 days later.

Pendulum: There is a very common misconception about these items. THERE IS NO SUPERNATURAL FACTOR. The way these things work is very simple and actually quite handy. The pendulum will move one way for 'yes', another for 'no', and some other way for 'maybe'. Here is how a pendulum works: You ask a yes or no question that has to do with yourself, your brain send pulses to your fingertips, making the pendulum move. Different answers create different pulses which make the pendulum move in different patterns. IT ONLY WORKS WITH QUESTION YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO. So it sounds a bit useless, but in some cases, it is not. Ever get in a situation where you're really just sitting on the fence and have no idea what to do? Pendulums can help solve those problems. Just don't waste $20 on one. They're easy to make.

Healing Stones and Crystals: Now these, I do believe to an extent work. It is all psychological. You may not be able to cure cancer with them, but it really is all mind over body. For example, Rose Quartz is a stone that helps the heart. It's most common purpose is to heal heartache. This is how it works: You can either hold it in your hands or lay down and place it on your heart, or even turn it into a pendant and wear it for a day (should be purified after every use). When using it, focus on the stone and feel it's weight. Picture it sucking the pain out in your mind. Keep focusing on it, after a while you can feel it. Once you're done, you feel lighter and better about whatever you were healing. I realize that many think that this is bs, but if you don't believe, it doesn't work. IT'S MIND OVER BODY.

Tarot Cards: I've never had a reading be true from an actual reader. Most of the time, that is bs. But I have had some true experiences with cards, and usually they seems quite random at first. Like I'll have dropped the deck by accident and all cards will be face down except 2, and the combined meaning of those card happens to tell something that actually happens not long after. It may be a coincidence, but coincidence or not, it's still a little creepy.
Post Edited:2008-02-03 16:12:53

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Gloom says:

"NiteFly says:
"King Saturn says:
"No, I dont mean on TV Nighthunter. I have seen people that use to live next door to me use Voodoo. Man that stuff is real."
Well, it's all really a matter of faith (or lack thereof), so it's sorta pointless being so matter-of-fact about it. I, for one, believe in *some degree* of supernatural, not all of it."

Its faith but its also fact when it is revealed in the end. When I say I have seen magic worked on someone or I believe in angels and demons, its not just on faith. But its actually witnessing theses actual acts. But if you dont have any faith or dont believe, or you believe in science and relativity more. How can you really expect to see anythnig supernatural ?

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NiteFly

King Saturn says:

"Gloom says:
"NiteFly says:
"King Saturn says:
Well, it's all really a matter of faith (or lack thereof), so it's sorta pointless being so matter-of-fact about it. I, for one, believe in *some degree* of supernatural, not all of it."

Its faith but its also fact when it is revealed in the end. When I say I have seen magic worked on someone or I believe in angels and demons, its not just on faith. But its actually witnessing theses actual acts. But if you dont have any faith or dont believe, or you believe in science and relativity more. How can you really expect to see anythnig supernatural ?"

Faith is precisely what it is. Witnessing a supposedly supernatural occurrence and accepting it at face value is completely irrational. When I was a child I was a big fan of illusionists and magicians. I would go to their shows and try to figure out how their tricks are done. Most of the time they would beat me (I was a child after all). What you are talking about is watching the illusionist and presuming that what he is doing is "real". Besides, you didn't actually cover any of the issues I mentioned earlier. Just as well, this isn't an issue of self fulfillment. I don't care one way or another. It is about the lack of evidence, verification, or reproducibility. Without these you might as well be arguing for the validity of astrology or alchemy.

Actually I believe the fact that you point out my beliefs in "relativity" as being directly opposed to your belief in the supernatural points out that you understand less about the fundamental tenants that I study than I do about the supernatural world that you feel so strongly about. Whether you are talking about Einstein's relativity or Galilean relativity (or any other relativity for that matter) it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand). Unless, of course, you believe that you can magically suspend the laws of physics for me. That I'd actually love to see.

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By silli bill

yeah there's supernatural in us,his name is jesus christ

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

NiteFly says:

"King Saturn says:
"Gloom says:
"NiteFly says:
"King Saturn says:
Its faith but its also fact when it is revealed in the end. When I say I have seen magic worked on someone or I believe in angels and demons, its not just on faith. But its actually witnessing theses actual acts. But if you dont have any faith or dont believe, or you believe in science and relativity more. How can you really expect to see anythnig supernatural ?"
Faith is precisely what it is. Witnessing a supposedly supernatural occurrence and accepting it at face value is completely irrational. When I was a child I was a big fan of illusionists and magicians. I would go to their shows and try to figure out how their tricks are done. Most of the time they would beat me (I was a child after all). What you are talking about is watching the illusionist and presuming that what he is doing is "real". Besides, you didn't actually cover any of the issues I mentioned earlier. Just as well, this isn't an issue of self fulfillment. I don't care one way or another. It is about the lack of evidence, verification, or reproducibility. Without these you might as well be arguing for the validity of astrology or alchemy. Actually I believe the fact that you point out my beliefs in "relativity" as being directly opposed to your belief in the supernatural points out that you understand less about the fundamental tenants that I study than I do about the supernatural world that you feel so strongly about. Whether you are talking about Einstein's relativity or Galilean relativity (or any other relativity for that matter) it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand). Unless, of course, you believe that you can magically suspend the laws of physics for me. That I'd actually love to see."

I understand fundamental tenants its just that I know they can be overrode by the Supernatural. How can a man say he know all what superior life can do or limit him to the basis of what fundamental science teaches ? You cant, if it is a higher being and did create this universe who is to say what he can do ? But what I do know is that the supernatural can overode the logic and facts of science.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

silli bill says:

"yeah there's supernatural in us,his name is jesus christ"

Jesus isnt in everyone silli bill.

silli bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By silli bill

King Saturn says:

"silli bill says:
Jesus isnt in everyone silli bill. "

he is in me

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

silli bill says:

"King Saturn says:
"silli bill says:
Jesus isnt in everyone silli bill. "
he is in me"

ME 2
Post Edited:2008-02-03 17:39:10

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NiteFly

King Saturn says:

"NiteFly says:
"King Saturn says:
"Gloom says:
"NiteFly says:
"King Saturn says:
Faith is precisely what it is. Witnessing a supposedly supernatural occurrence and accepting it at face value is completely irrational. When I was a child I was a big fan of illusionists and magicians. I would go to their shows and try to figure out how their tricks are done. Most of the time they would beat me (I was a child after all). What you are talking about is watching the illusionist and presuming that what he is doing is "real". Besides, you didn't actually cover any of the issues I mentioned earlier. Just as well, this isn't an issue of self fulfillment. I don't care one way or another. It is about the lack of evidence, verification, or reproducibility. Without these you might as well be arguing for the validity of astrology or alchemy. Actually I believe the fact that you point out my beliefs in "relativity" as being directly opposed to your belief in the supernatural points out that you understand less about the fundamental tenants that I study than I do about the supernatural world that you feel so strongly about. Whether you are talking about Einstein's relativity or Galilean relativity (or any other relativity for that matter) it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand). Unless, of course, you believe that you can magically suspend the laws of physics for me. That I'd actually love to see."

I understand fundamental tenants its just that I know they can be overrode by the Supernatural. How can a man say he know all what superior life can do or limit him to the basis of what fundamental science teaches ? You cant, if it is a higher being and did create this universe who is to say what he can do ? But what I do know is that the supernatural can overode the logic and facts of science. "

Very convincing.

Modi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Modi

The concept of people lifting cars of trapped kids etc is meant to down to the brain releasing us from self imposed limits on what our body can do (for our own safety). When you see someone go flying after an electric shock, it is not the electricity, its the muscle contraction (our muscles are strong enough to easily break our own bones).

This means that when we hear about people lifting up cars to save people who are trapped they are using a lot more of their muscles true potential, however in doing so they wreck our bodies by ripping tendons, muscles and fracture bones.

As for me, I’ve experienced some strange stuff.
Post Edited:2008-02-03 18:34:08

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sparda

Modi says:

"The concept of people lifting cars of trapped kids etc is meant to down to the brain releasing us from self imposed limits on what our body can do (for our own safety). When you see someone go flying after an electric shock, it is not the electricity, its the muscle contraction (our muscles are strong enough to easily break our own bones).This means that when we hear about people lifting up cars to save people who are trapped they are using a lot more of their muscles true potential, however in doing so they wreck our bodies by ripping tendons, muscles and fracture bones.As for me, I’ve experienced some strange stuff.
Post Edited:2008-02-03 18:34:08"

Makes sense.

Welcome to the Vine, BTW.

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jax

I believe in some supernatural stuff. It's possible to lift cars but that voodoo stuff creeps me out.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Jax says:

"I believe in some supernatural stuff. It's possible to lift cars but that voodoo stuff creeps me out."

Voodoo creeps me out to.

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crimson Orchid

King Saturn says:

"Jax says:
"I believe in some supernatural stuff. It's possible to lift cars but that voodoo stuff creeps me out."

Voodoo creeps me out to. "

It only works if you believe it works though. If you don't believe, like so many other 'supernatural' things, it doesn't have any effect.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Crimson Orchid says:

"King Saturn says:
"Jax says:
It only works if you believe it works though. If you don't believe, like so many other 'supernatural' things, it doesn't have any effect."

Well some forces of Voodoo are bent on playing tricks on your mind too.

Crimson Orchid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Crimson Orchid

King Saturn says:

"Crimson Orchid says:
"King Saturn says:
"Jax says:
It only works if you believe it works though. If you don't believe, like so many other 'supernatural' things, it doesn't have any effect."

Well some forces of Voodoo are bent on playing tricks on your mind too. "

I suppose, but I really do think it's just psychological.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Crimson Orchid says:

"King Saturn says:
"Crimson Orchid says:
"King Saturn says:
"Jax says:
Well some forces of Voodoo are bent on playing tricks on your mind too. "
I suppose, but I really do think it's just psychological."

Thats how it starts. You think its just someone trying to mess with your mind and then $HIT starts happening and you cant logically explain it.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sling Shot

The Supernatural is more real than the natural. Christ came that we would be reconciled to God Almighty. Believe or don't believe you choose your fate.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Saturn  Online

Sling Shot says:

"The Supernatural is more real than the natural. Christ came that we would be reconciled to God Almighty. Believe or don't believe you choose your fate."

True