The official Harry Potter Thread

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Hello everyone, looking at the different boards, I see that there is no thread dedicated to this great franchise by the author loved by us all, J. K. Rowling. As one of the most memorable books I've read, and definitely the most enjoyable, and a host of nearly as enjoyable movies adapting them, the franchise is one of the most successful in the fantasy genre, and will always have a special spot in every fan's heart.

I have to say, I haven't felt emotional like the time I read the final word of harry potter ('well') after ending any franchise, from books, comics, manga, anime, movies, series and sitcoms.. And I've seen a lot of people sharing the feeling.

Honestly, how many of us haven't thought once in our lifetimes.. "What if my invitation got lost in the mail last year?"

I'd say it's mandatory for Comicvine to have at least one thread for it, and appalled that no one has made one yet.

Books:

No Caption Provided

And a lot of other supporting books, including a rumored encyclopedia to come.

Movies:

No Caption Provided

Brought to us by:

No Caption Provided

And an amazing soundtrack from the movies:

A tribute to harry potter:

This theme was literally made for Harry potter. That name.. that soundtrack..

Discuss, complain, and share your feelings, potterheads!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Isnt it a little to late to start this thread..... I think I never got past the 4th movie.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_rog_el: Better late than never. I'm more a fan of books than movies though. They are a lot better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love HP. Well written and massively entertaining, they deserve all the hype they get. I like the movies, though they are a bit boring and slow. My main problem with the series is that the main 3 characters annoy me and the main villain is way too cliched. The movies make Voldy worse; he comes off as effeminate and weak, and seems hardly a threat at all. But yeah, loved those books.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@darkbiscuit: @rbt: @buttersdaman000: @chibi_cute: @kingjohnrocks: I feel that you wouldn't like not being tagged here.

@farkam:

The movies make Voldy worse; he comes off as effeminate and weak

I have to agree. I found the book voldemort a lot more threatening. The movie took out a lot from him, which is the reason he gets underestimated on the forums..

Loading Video...

lol. Just sad.

The cast was quite different from what I was expected, like rufus skimgeor.. he turned from a battle hardened old lion to a wimpy snape reject..

Expectation:

No Caption Provided

reality:

No Caption Provided

lol.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I have seen the movies, never touched the books...

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The seventh books seems to have a lot in common with the holocaust...

Darkbiscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Darkbiscuit

Child actors are never good: ruined the movie. Even now I dont find Daniel good. Great bools though. I would read them while I waited for my ride to come at 5pm everyday afterschool. I resd them in the Winter, so it was a nice feel: snuggling up with myself amd reading.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbiscuit: Yeah, the actors weren't really that good in the first two or three movies. And the special effects were really bad at first, even for the time. I normally don't care that much about special effects, but they are trying to recreate the fantastical world from the books.
Remember this guy:

No Caption Provided
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually introduced to the franchise by the movies. Prisoner of Azkaban was my first HP movie. Didn't understand half the movie. Everybody kept saying "You-Know-Who" and I was like, no I don't.

And I don't think movie Voldie was that bad. They kept him loyal to book in most of the appearance(except the red eye). But that's better treatment he got compared to others. As much as I like Emma, she's nothing like Hermione. And Bonnie ruined Ginny for me. Best portrayal for me was Maggie Smith's Minerva McGonagall, Alan Rickman's Snape, Evanna's Luna and Phelp's twins. Rest was okay.

Favorite Movie- DH 2. They finally gave Ron some spotlight.

Least Fav. Movie- Prisoner of Azkaban.

Favorite Book- Deathly Hallows.

I don't think I disliked any book. All were pretty awesome. Its the only franchise whose fanfictions I still read and write.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Everybody kept saying "You-Know-Who" and I was like, no I don't.

lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rogueshadow  Moderator

I hate Rolf Scamander.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I feel like this has been done already, has it? I'd be very surprised if it hasn't.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this has been done already, has it? I'd be very surprised if it hasn't.

don't think so..

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rogueshadow  Moderator
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By russellmania77

Bloody brilliant

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: its a quote from the movie character called Ryan or Ron or something like that

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkbiscuit: @rbt: @buttersdaman000: @chibi_cute: @kingjohnrocks: I feel that you wouldn't like not being tagged here.

@farkam:

The movies make Voldy worse; he comes off as effeminate and weak

I have to agree. I found the book voldemort a lot more threatening. The movie took out a lot from him, which is the reason he gets underestimated on the forums..

Loading Video...

lol. Just sad.

The cast was quite different from what I was expected, like rufus skimgeor.. he turned from a battle hardened old lion to a wimpy snape reject..

Expectation:

No Caption Provided

reality:

No Caption Provided

lol.

I agree voldy is severly underestimated in battle forums.. i have repeatedly heard arguments like voldy would loose someone with a gun voldy is a little bitc* because he screamed during their fall with potter.. but hes menacing and completely different in the books..

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

To this day I still hated how the movies gave Ron hardly anything to do when Rupert Grint was the best darn actor there.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Harry Potter is awesome. Always has been, always will.

No Caption Provided

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A phenomenal series done, completed and shared by a phenomenal author! Also awesome thread!

Yokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoiler alert! Snape kills Dumbledore

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loved the books (the first 5 I actually read), The movies were great too except the last two got a little bit milked. I hate two parters.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay said:

To this day I still hated how the movies gave Ron hardly anything to do when Rupert Grint was the best darn actor there.

This. Rupert is the best actor out of trio. I especially hated when I was rewatching PoA. Standing before Sirius with a broken leg, that was one of the best Ron moments. And they gave it to Hermione! Like she's already not a Marie Sue.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrinceAragorn1: Top 10 strongest wizard, IMO

Albus Dumbledore, Tom Riddle, Minerva McGonagall, Grindewald, Snape, Moody,Kingsley, Bellatrix, Harry, Slughorn.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Albus Dumbledore, Tom Riddle, Minerva McGonagall, Grindewald, Snape, Moody,Kingsley, Bellatrix, Harry, Slughorn.

I would agree

Would put Riddle above Dumbledore. Dumbledore is a genius but even he said he couldn't beat Voldemort if he returned to full power.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@rbt said:

That's a lot of credit to McGonagall

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 Love HP, love this thread.

@jnr6lil

I disagree. Dumbledore is the only Wizard Voldemort ever feared, and when Dumbledore was even attempting to go for a kill, he had Volemort on his heels.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@rbt: @hbktimhbk: @kingjohnrocks: @jnr6lil:

1. Albus dumbledore: Fought voldemort quite casually, and was winning, till he decided to hide behind harry.

2. Gellert Grindelwald: Apparently just a shade apart from Albus.

3. Voldemort: Obviously. No need to explain.

4. Filius flitwick: Dueling champion of hogwarts, beat Dolohov.

5. Antonin Dolohov: Floored mad-eye and killed Lupin-tonks (no!!)

6. Mad-eye Moody: Arguably the toughest auror of all times.

7. Serious Black: Laughting in face of Bellatrix. Cost him the duel though.

8. Bellatrix Lestrange: Apparently the best lieutenant of voldemort. Beat both tonks and kingsley flat out.

9. Kingsley shacklebolt: Best known working auror, working security for the PM.

10. Hermione Granger: Better hexing skills than aurors in fifth year, tagged antonin twice. Arguably McGonagall should be here, considering she would've supposedly taken on four aurors at once. Or harry, depending on plot, he's sometimes fast enough to react to voldemort..

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This reminds me of the love i had for Cindy (For Some reasons)

*Hide myself*

Loading Video...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: @hbktimhbk: @kingjohnrocks: @jnr6lil:

1. Albus dumbledore: Fought voldemort quite casually, and was winning, till he decided to hide behind harry.

2. Gellert Grindelwald: Apparently just a shade apart from Albus.

3. Voldemort: Obviously. No need to explain.

4. Filius flitwick: Dueling champion of hogwarts, beat Dolohov.

5. Antonin Dolohov: Floored mad-eye and killed Lupin-tonks (no!!)

6. Mad-eye Moody: Arguably the toughest auror of all times.

7. Serious Black: Laughting in face of Bellatrix. Cost him the duel though.

8. Bellatrix Lestrange: Apparently the best lieutenant of voldemort. Beat both tonks and kingsley flat out.

9. Kingsley shacklebolt: Best known working auror, working security for the PM.

10. Hermione Granger: Better hexing skills than aurors in fifth year, tagged antonin twice. Arguably McGonagall should be here, considering she would've supposedly taken on four aurors at once. Or harry, depending on plot, he's sometimes fast enough to react to voldemort..

Its Sirius Black. And I won't put him in top 10. Laughing in face of Bellatrix is a feat of arrogance and stupidity. He did loose the duel.

Aurors who weren't even trying. Kinglsely could've broken that hex with a flick if he wanted. Tagging someone makes you fast. Harry is a better duelist.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Its Sirius Black. And I won't put him in top 10. Laughing in face of Bellatrix is a feat of arrogance and stupidity. He did loose the duel.

My mistake. But no one else had the skills to be that casual with her. she was flooring everyone who fought her like nothing.

Aurors who weren't even trying. Kinglsely could've broken that hex with a flick if he wanted.

There were two aurors in the room. Kingsley and dawlish, the latter had no reason not to break it.

Tagging someone makes you fast. Harry is a better duelist.

In harry potter, speed is always the primary factor in duels. Can't duel someone who can blitz you. Harry is a better duelist depending on plot.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

My mistake. But no one else had the skills to be that casual with her. she was flooring everyone who fought her like nothing.

Again, that was stupid of Sirius to do so. He knew her from before(she was his cousin) and was trying to make fun of her. He paid the price. He was acting casual because he was either overestimating himslef(less likely) or underestimating her(more likely.)

Aurors who weren't even trying. Kinglsely could've broken that hex with a flick if he wanted.

There were two aurors in the room. Kingsley and dawlish, the latter had no reason not to break it.

Tagging someone makes you fast. Harry is a better duelist.

In harry potter, speed is always the primary factor in duels. Can't duel someone who can blitz you. Harry is a better duelist depending on plot.

Dawlish was said many times to be stupid for an auror. He was not a good auror.

Not really. There are many AoE spells. Hermione tagging Doholov says that she's a great aim. Harry has reacted to Voldy on every occasion he faced him. In the Riddle graveyard, in the great hall.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Dawlish was said to be an excellent auror by dumbledore himself. I don't recall anyone calling dawlish 'too stupid to be an auror'

Aoe spells aren't generally used in combat. How many times did anyone use aoe spells in a duel? They always try to tag each other, which hermione does pretty well.

Harry has been blitzed repeatedly by voldemort whenever he was serious, but at all the times voldemort didn't use a killing spell. When the plot demands him, he does. That's why I said better duelist depending on plot.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RBT

@princearagorn1 said:

@rbt:

Dawlish was said to be an excellent auror by dumbledore himself. I don't recall anyone calling dawlish 'too stupid to be an auror'

Aoe spells aren't generally used in combat. How many times did anyone use aoe spells in a duel? They always try to tag each other, which hermione does pretty well.

Harry has been blitzed repeatedly by voldemort whenever he was serious, but at all the times voldemort didn't use a killing spell. When the plot demands him, he does. That's why I said better duelist depending on plot.

Same Dawlish was brought down by Neville's Gran. A lady in her 90s or something.

I'm pretty sure Voldy was serious when he sent a killing curse at Harry in the graveyard. Priori Incantatem would not have happened if Harry couldn't have reacted to him. Harry once again reacted to Voldemort in the Final Battle.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

Same Dawlish was brought down by Neville's Gran. A lady in her 90s or something.

And..?

I'm pretty sure Voldy was serious when he sent a killing curse at Harry in the graveyard. Priori Incantatem would not have happened if Harry couldn't have reacted to him. Harry once again reacted to Voldemort in the Final Battle.

Which is the result of plot. Doesn't change that voldemort has repeatedly shown to be faster than him without the plot armor.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By 14NC3

Anyone watch Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire on ITV last night ?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 Love HP, love this thread.

@jnr6lil

I disagree. Dumbledore is the only Wizard Voldemort ever feared, and when Dumbledore was even attempting to go for a kill, he had Volemort on his heels.

And vice versa

CombatKung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, an eighth book? (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/02/10/j-k-rowling-announces-8th-harry-potter-book/)

I have no idea how I feel about that, especially since they are calling it a play in book format...

CombatKung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

Can't wait for the new book!

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Overrated. Long drawn out plot, one dimensional villain, aesops that fall flat, annoying drama, and a wasted setting.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By ComicStooge

Overrated. Long drawn out plot, one dimensional villain, aesops that fall flat, annoying drama, and a wasted setting.

I'd like to see you write better.