The Official E3 2013 Thread

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#151 JediXMan  Moderator

Sony has made a smart move though by anouncing their online fee after Microsofts reveal.

Playstation's online feature has been free for over 7 years. Now it's 5 dollars a month, had they gone first Sony would have had a balklash about this of people complaining. Now with everyone complaining about Microsoft, no one even notices or minds it.

This is true. However, the Xbox will also charge for online support, and the PS4 system is much cheaper than Xbox to begin with. So it's not too bad. Just really, really irritating.

On the plus side, it's an excuse to get PS Plus, I suppose.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Emperorb777
Loading Video...

One of the games I'm most exited about.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@jedixman: true. And you get free games with PS Plus. It's an understandable and reasonable change, just like you said: annoying.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: true. And you get free games with PS Plus. It's an understandable and reasonable change, just like you said: annoying.

Indeed.

I wonder if the PS3's online store will transfer to the PS4. I imagine so, since they said that the PS3/Vita/PS4 Plus accounts are all one. I'm just wondering if I'll be able to download Demon's Souls for free on the PS4.

Also, is there any word on backward compatibility?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@jedixman: No backward compatibility until their cloud is up & running.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: No backward compatibility until their cloud is up & running.

So no PS3 games on the PS4? I'm talking discs right now, not online.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@jedixman: I think it a ploy by both companies to keep ps3/XB360 games off next gen consoles with the rising chance that next gen games are higher priced.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if they showed gameplay for GTAV?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: I think it a ploy by both companies to keep ps3/XB360 games off next gen consoles with the rising chance that next gen games are higher priced.

Hope not. $60 (without tax) is enough.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Emperorb777

I hope that isn't true.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 JediXMan  Moderator

Didn't see anything. I think I saw some minor cinematic clips during the IGN post-show before the Sony conference. But I don't know if there's any full-length footage.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@immortal777: @jedixman: Best chance for it not to happen if they slash current gen prices, give the same price all or day one download that is cheaper than physical copies.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: That sucks GTAV comes out in like 3 months and we haven't seen much of actual gameplay for it.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_ingenuity: Download would be cheaper but I don't really trust it I prefer to have a physical copy of a game.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

@immortal777: Yeah this is just a lot of speculation but here is something we do know Microsoft is being licensed blu ray to manufacture XBox-One discs somthing few noticed.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

FF XV :D

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Division. That is all.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is going to be some good gaming for the next 2 years man I'm so exited =D.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm happy Sony doesn't have any of Microsoft's anti-consumers, charging me for internet that used to free is bull****.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Emperorb777
Loading Video...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wish Rainbow 6: Patriots was announced (officially). I've seen some gameplay back in 2010 and it looked compelling and something I could get into. Now with superior graphics, the game would sell tons!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

While I'm happy Sony doesn't have any of Microsoft's anti-consumers, charging me for internet that used to free is bull****.

They have to that's why they can sell the PS4 a lot cheaper, that was always the reason PS3 was more expensive then the Xbox 360, beacuse you had to pay online for Xbox and that's how they made the cash back

Mutated_jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i'm pretty sure that Sony has plans for digital ps3 games, and I think as a incentive they'll probably offer a few games that were linked to your ps3 account to be downloaded for free.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

They have to that's why they can sell the PS4 a lot cheaper, that was always the reason PS3 was more expensive then the Xbox 360, beacuse you had to pay online for Xbox and that's how they made the cash back

I get the reasoning, but I still hate internet paywalls, it was the main reason why I didn't buy a Xbox 360.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

No, RockStar is known to generally despise E3 in recent years and release content on their on terms.

I just wish Rainbow 6: Patriots was announced (officially). I've seen some gameplay back in 2010 and it looked compelling and something I could get into. Now with superior graphics, the game would sell tons!

I was disappointed as well as Rainbow Six Vegas was one of my favourite IP's of this current generation. I'd say The Division more than made up for the lack of Rainbow Six as it adds a nice open world tactical flavour to the Tom Clancy license!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Thank the heavens I wasn't dreaming last night. :,) My throat still hurts thinking about it but so glad my beloved Versus--I mean XV is alive. KH III too being in development! =D So happy that I don't even care about anything else right now!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#182 k4tzm4n  Moderator

I can't take the narrator in KI seriously. I get it's going for a classic arcade vibe, but.... that ultra combo scream makes me laugh every single time.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

I can't take the narrator in KI seriously. I get it's going for a classic arcade vibe, but.... that ultra combo scream makes me laugh every single time.

You love it, you only wish that someone did the same for Injustice!

"Superman counters with an uppercut and... OH MY GOD, HE'S SENDING THAT POOR MAN INTO THE ATMOSPHERE! OOOVVVVVVEEERRRRRRKILLLLLLLL!!!!"

Let that soak in. :)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@jedixman said:

So, what's the schedule for the panels right now, and where is a good place to watch them?

G4, AMIRITE?

@monsterstomp: Nah, I don't mean they should release a brand new console or upgrades every four years, but only have the show less often as to actually impress people. It's become so standard to what we can expect from the show on an annual basis.

ULTRA UPPERCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@jedixman said:

So, what's the schedule for the panels right now, and where is a good place to watch them?

G4, AMIRITE?

Nah bro, Spike TV all the way! Or you know, an internet streaming service :P

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@jedixman said:

G4, AMIRITE?

Nah bro, Spike TV all the way! Or you know, an internet streaming service :P

Y U NO PLAY ALONG

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

E3's what I honestly look forward to the most every year. Just love how it brings gamers together. It's practically Christmas for us with all the games announced.

Yes, lots of pointless fights and gift disappointments.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Y U NO PLAY ALONG

HIPSTER BRUH! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#189  Edited By danhimself

Destiny looks amazing....I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 at launch but I'm kind of leaning towards it now

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Deranged Midget

Destiny looks amazing....I wasn't planning on getting a PS4 at launch but I'm kind of leaning towards it now

Destiny definitely looks ambitious! Can't wait to see more but I can't help but feel that it's a little more... generic in terms of gameplay. I hope I'm wrong once I get my hands on it but they gameplay did little to impress me and I was more intrigued by the world(s) itself and the capabilities of the MMO feel they're going after.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Y U NO PLAY ALONG

HIPSTER BRUH! GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

A true hipster wouldn't even know what Spike is :P

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

PS4 dominated. However, I'll have to wait to see the prices of the games as well. If it goes past 60, there's just no way.. I can't afford that. Even if I do have the money, it's just not worth spending 70+ on games. I think the current price of 60 is even pushing it, but damn.

PS+ isn't really bad. Just kinda irritates me. It was the reason I ever chose PS3 over 360. Guess things change, and five dollars isn't bad.

Elder Scrolls, and KH does get me pumped for the system as well.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

Destiny definitely looks ambitious! Can't wait to see more but I can't help but feel that it's a little more... generic in terms of gameplay. I hope I'm wrong once I get my hands on it but they gameplay did little to impress me and I was more intrigued by the world(s) itself and the capabilities of the MMO feel they're going after.

the gameplay looks a lot like Borderlands only nicer....the MMO aspect and the fact that it's Bungie is what's really got me excited

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n said:

A true hipster wouldn't even know what Spike is :P

Son please, hipsters repped that shiznit before the rest of the peeps even knew what it was!

PS+ isn't really bad. Just kinda irritates me. It was the reason I ever chose PS3 over 360. Guess things change, and five dollars isn't bad.

Unfortunately, it was bound to happen. With everything the next-gen is boasting, it'd be incredibly hard to support all those online services, servers, etc without a price point for Sony to make profit.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By danhimself

@sideburnguru said:

Unfortunately, it was bound to happen. With everything the next-gen is boasting, it'd be incredibly hard to support all those online services, servers, etc without a price point for Sony to make profit.

I wasn't really bothered by it....being able to play online for free was always nice but you can get a year of PS+ for $50 and you get a ton of free games with it

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo had the best stuff at e3. Smahs bros, mario kart 8, X, donkey kong, bayonetta 2, dbhdhdhdbhdhd

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Deranged Midget

@danhimself: Definitely not a bad thing for sure but people should've expected it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the gameplay looks a lot like Borderlands only nicer....the MMO aspect and the fact that it's Bungie is what's really got me excited

Which is cool since I loved Borderlands but as I said, it's predictable and does nothing that impressed me. I love Halo and what Bungie did with the franchise so I'm sure they can surprise me with this but so far, the gameplay has been the least exciting aspect of the game to me.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

Which is cool since I loved Borderlands but as I said, it's predictable and does nothing that impressed me. I love Halo and what Bungie did with the franchise so I'm sure they can surprise me with this but so far, the gameplay has been the least exciting aspect of the game to me.

gameplay is always an issue when it comes to MMO's....they focus so much on making this huge world and making it look nice that there really isn't all that much room for them to do anything new when it comes to gameplay...even with the nextgen systems the tech just isn't there yet to make anything really different...it sucks but for the time being we just kind of have to deal with it...until we get virtual reality

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loading Video...

This looks great.

Your opinion?