The Official Boxing Thread

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#651  Edited By King_Saturn
maybe Ward will fight Golovkin next... that guy seemed like he was ready to take on the best. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#652  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn said:

Andre Ward is the Best Boxer Pound 4 Pound in the World right now... Floyd Mayweather dropped to Second... Ward just dominated the Light Heavyweight Champion like he was a Amateur... Dawson was completely clobbered by Andre Ward.

btw, you folks should keep a lookout for a boxer named Gennadiy Golovkin... this guy is a Beast.

Are you saying you place him at #1 because Ward was around 7th and now he's ranked 5th p4p behind Donaire.

@blur99 said:

Dawson needs to get back with coach Steward and fast. He also needs to stay at 175 lbs. At 175 no one is going to drop him 3 times. Especially someone without power much like Ward.

Good win for Ward. Maybe Sergio and Ward could fight. Ward is way bigger though.

"It was very frustrating watching Chad, who I think has an enormous amount of talent.. I see greatness in Chad Dawson."

-Steward

I think Martinez should be challenging Ward instead of barking at Mayweather, he's closer to his size than Floyd is anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R.I.P. Hector "Macho" Camacho.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654  Edited By King_Saturn
@_slim_ said:
R.I.P. Hector "Macho" Camacho.
yeah good call... 
that was messed up how them n!ggas over in PR shot him up...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655  Edited By King_Saturn
Wow... did anyone see the Berto-Guerrero fight ? What a Battle  !
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I honestly can't stand watching MMA but for some reason I like watching Boxing, weird...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657  Edited By King_Saturn
@Crom-Cruach said:

I honestly can't stand watching MMA but for some reason I like watching Boxing, weird...

perhaps you are not a huge fan of the grappling arts... more of one who likes purely striking arts.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@King Saturn said:

perhaps you are not a huge fan of the grappling arts... more of one who likes purely striking arts.

I don't know. I do try to make it a point to watch greco-wrestling in the olympics as one of the few events I can like (schedule willing).

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659  Edited By King_Saturn
@Crom-Cruach said:

@King Saturn said:

I don't know. I do try to make it a point to watch greco-wrestling in the olympics as one of the few events I can like (schedule willing).

that's interesting... 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Maybe it's just the culture and mentality that MMA fosters that gets on my nerves too much to allow me to enjoy it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661  Edited By King_Saturn
@Crom-Cruach said:

Maybe it's just the culture and mentality that MMA fosters that gets on my nerves too much to allow me to enjoy it.

What about some of the more humble elite fighters ? Like Georges St. Pierre or Anderson Silva ? You like to watch those guys ?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662  Edited By King_Saturn
I really had high hopes for Lucian Bute... but I don't know if he could ever handle Mr. Majestic of Boxing aka Andre Ward. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I wasn't referring to the fighters themselves so much as my experiences with the fans of the sport. I've little to say about the fighters themselves since I don't watch right now and haven't since the last time whence the fight was such a massive bore to me that I just turned off the tv. It's just weird that I can enjoy a good boxing match but regardless can't enjoy mma

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664  Edited By King_Saturn
@Crom-Cruach said:

I wasn't referring to the fighters themselves so much as my experiences with the fans of the sport. I've little to say about the fighters themselves since I don't watch right now and haven't since the last time whence the fight was such a massive bore to me that I just turned off the tv. It's just weird that I can enjoy a good boxing match but regardless can't enjoy mma

Okay... but I still take it you have not seen much of Anderson Silva because it's really hard to associate boring with his fighting style... I mean he is a finisher and usually finishes his opponents in very exciting fashion... now GSP tends to wrestle his opponents for 25 minutes to a decision and that does get boring at times... but some of the other fighters do create some interesting fights. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665  Edited By Crom-Cruach

I guess. Maybe I'll muster the time and energy to check it again some time in the future. For now I guess my interest is pretty dead for MMA.

Moving back to boxing. I'm glad Lucian Bute defeated Grachev. I was disapointed with the outcome of the fight against Froch. Hopefully we might get a rematch worth watching

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666  Edited By King_Saturn
I wonder what is next for Andre Berto ?
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667  Edited By mikethekiller
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668  Edited By King_Saturn
Gamboa is gonna be something special... hopefully.
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#669  Edited By Nerx

RIP Duk Koo Kim

That was a great match
That was a great match

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By Chibi_cute

Just watched the pacquiao vs bradley fight it was... Boring.