Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ragdollpurps said:

@Jnr6Lil: The fact that bloodbending can only be done during the full moon has nothing to do with a bender's physicality, and although you can heal with it, water benders can heal without using bloodbending. Healing is a sub-skill of waterbending. Also, Korra may not love Mako, but she obviously has a crush on him, and I was joking about the avatar state being triggered by jealousy. Also, watch for spoilers.

Yes it does. Because it can only be done in a full moon which gives benders more strength, has to do with physicality. And I see no crush.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#202  Edited By ragdollpurps

@Jnr6Lil: It gives their bending more strength, but has nothing to do with how strong their bodies are. If bloodbending depended on how strong the bender's body is, then the full moon wouldn't be a factor and the strongest waterbenders would be able to do it regardless of the moon. Think of it as the moon affecting the tides, that is the reason why waterbending is at it's strongest during the full moon, which has nothing to do with their bodies. There is an obvious love triangle forming.

And Korra was obviously jealous when she was introduced to Asami.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ragdollpurps said:

@Jnr6Lil: It gives their bending more strength, but has nothing to do with how strong their bodies are. If bloodbending depended on how strong the bender's body is, then the full moon wouldn't be a factor and the strongest waterbenders would be able to do it regardless of the moon. Think of it as the moon affecting the tides, that is the reason why waterbending is at it's strongest during the full moon, which has nothing to do with their bodies. There is an obvious love triangle forming.

And Korra was obviously jealous when she was introduced to Asami.

Exactly, bending comes from the body therefore making it more strong. And that's not necessarily true, because the no one in Avatar is at peak human condiiton so even if they were strong, the Moon still gives them more strength.

No love triangle, She probably just didn't know who the girl is.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By ragdollpurps

@Jnr6Lil said:

Exactly, bending comes from the body therefore making it more strong. And that's not necessarily true, because the no one in Avatar is at peak human condiiton so even if they were strong, the Moon still gives them more strength.

You know that's pretty much what I said, right? I'll say it in simpler terms... No matter how strong the waterbender initially is, duh, of course the full moon is going to make them stronger since it increases the strength of their bending. But the moon is not located in nor part of their body, it's an outside influence that increases waterbending strength regardless of the initial strength of the bender. The effect has nothing to do with their physicality or how skilled they are at bending, nor is it in any way dependent on it, it only increases it.

And yes there is, it's just had one episode to develop. Love triangles were present in ATLA, they're going to be present LoK. It brings in viewers. Deal with it.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ragdollpurps said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

You know that's pretty much what I said, right? I'll say it in simpler terms... No matter how strong the waterbender initially is, duh, of course the full moon is going to make them stronger since it increases the strength of their bending. But the moon is not located in nor part of their body, it's an outside influence that increases waterbending strength regardless of the initial strength of the bender. The effect has nothing to do with their physicality or how skilled they are at bending, nor is it in any way dependent on it, it only increases it.

And yes there is, it's just had one episode to develop. Love triangles were present in ATLA, they're going to be present LoK. It brings in viewers. Deal with it.

I saw no love triangles present in ATLA, and I don't see any in this series.

But the Moon makes their physicality stronger therefore their bending stronger.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By ragdollpurps

@Jnr6Lil: There is no evidence that suggests that the moon makes a bender physically stronger in addition to enhancing and strengthening their bending. It's effects aren't magical, but attributed to it's lunar affinity.

And yeah, there were, even if only implied. Like Katara/Aang/Jet, for example. It's just part of how those shows work, it brings drama, drama brings ratings.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@ragdollpurps said:

@Jnr6Lil: There is no evidence that suggests that the moon makes a bender physically stronger in addition to enhancing and strengthening their bending. It's effects aren't magical, but attributed to it's lunar affinity.

And yeah, there were, even if only implied. Like Katara/Aang/Jet, for example. It's just part of how those shows work, it brings drama, drama brings ratings.

It enhances bending, which enhances strength. Throw a tired waterbender in the moon and they'll come out rejuvenated

That love triangle was only 1 episode and really couldn't be considered a triangle since Aang's feelings for Katara weren't fully developed, nor were Katara and Jet in a true relationship.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I think this is gonna be better than the Last Airbender. Its a great series so far. Love Tenzin's kids

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Sissel

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel: How?

You're right. The kid in Zuko Alone isn't attacked by Firebenders but interrogated by Earthbenders.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Sissel

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ragdollpurps said:

It enhances bending, which enhances strength. Throw a tired waterbender in the moon and they'll come out rejuvenated

That love triangle was only 1 episode and really couldn't be considered a triangle since Aang's feelings for Katara weren't fully developed, nor were Katara and Jet in a true relationship.

I'll list some.

Sokka/Suki/Yue

Aang/Katara/Zuko/Jet - Love Square?

Toph/Zuko - Some hinted crushes.

Sokka/Toph - Hinted crushes.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By ragdollpurps

@Sissel: Thank you.

DrRenekton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By DrRenekton

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ragdollpurps said:

I'll list some.

Sokka/Suki/Yue

The Avatar cast are almost all teenagers of course hormones are going to cause these things.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#213  Edited By InnerVenom123
No Caption Provided
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ragdollpurps said:

I'll list some.

Sokka/Suki/Yue

Sokka/Suki/Yue-Never a love triangle. Sokka just happened to like both girls. He was never officially with Suki because he had to leave Kyoshi Island but then went to Yue. But Yue left to be the Moon Spirit. This was never really a love triangle. Just Sokka jumping from girl to girl.

Aang/Katara/Zuko/Jet-Okay take Zuko out, He didn't like Katara, never did. Zutara never happened. That leaves Aang/Katara/Jet which might've not been a love triangle for reasons stated before

Toph/Zuko- No crush

Sokka/Toph-No crush

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By RogueOracle

I think Korra and Asami should become life partners.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#216  Edited By Deranged Midget

AMAZING SHOW! Mako and Bolin aren't exactly on par with Katara and Sokka yet but I love the other characters. Tenzin and his kids are hilarious. I'm not sure if I want to say I like Korra better than Aang and while the setting is growing on me, one of the greater appeals of the original show was the more cultural era. Nonetheless, the animation is brilliant and it's easily my favourite show on air.

I loved that little "flashback?" of Aang, Sokka and Toph from the last episode although I'm tempted to see the mysterious man was Amon before his accident.
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By difficlus

@InnerVenom123: there are comics of the legend of korra?

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget said:

AMAZING SHOW! Mako and Bolin aren't exactly on par with Katara and Sokka yet but I love the other characters. Tenzin and his kids are hilarious. I'm not sure if I want to say I like Korra better than Aang and while the setting is growing on me, one of the greater appeals of the original show was the more cultural era. Nonetheless, the animation is brilliant and it's easily my favourite show on air.

I loved that little "flashback?" of Aang, Sokka and Toph from the last episode although I'm tempted to see the mysterious man was Amon before his accident.

I don't know. I think ATLA was late 1800s mixed with some things from the 40s while Korra is kind of 1920s-40s.

One thing though I want from this new episode is adventures. Aang and his group traveled the world to all 4 nations. With Korra, it's just too stagnant. Republic City seems so average.

Lin is so unlike Toph though. I wonder who Toph married.

But I think if Amon gave Korra, flashbacks of Katara, Sokka, & Aang then Amon has to be either one of their children (Bumi), or the son of the Cabbage Merchant.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#219  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I don't know. I think ATLA was late 1800s mixed with some things from the 40s while Korra is kind of 1920s-40s.

One thing though I want from this new episode is adventures. Aang and his group traveled the world to all 4 nations. With Korra, it's just too stagnant. Republic City seems so average.

But I think if Amon gave Korra, flashbacks of Katara, Sokka, & Aang then Amon has to be either one of their children (Bumi), or the son of the Cabbage Merchant.

I do agree about wanting to see the characters explore the rest of the world and allow us to see how much has changed. But the main reasons Aang and the gang had to travel the world was to find someone to teach Aang the three elements he needed to learn, so they had a reason. Right now though Korra and her friends have no reason to leave Republic City as everything is happening there and not around the world. But one idea I had that could give them a reason to travel the world is Pro-Bending. It's possible that Pro-Bending is played not just in Republic City and that it would be a global sport played all around the Four Nations. I could see them using that as their reason for going to different parts of the world in Book 2 as they would have to travel to different cities and towns for Pro-Bending tournaments and during their adventure come across new villains and allies.

Well to be fair, we've only seen Lin twice and she does give off that whole "I don't take crap from anyone" vibe Toph had.

I really don't see how Amon caused her to have those flashbacks, I get the feeling it was her link to Avatar Aang that caused them. After seeing the flashbacks, I get the feeling that someone to defeating Amon Korra is going to have to explore Republic City's past to learn more about Amon, and in doing so we will slowly learn what happened to characters like Toph, Sokka, Zuko, Suki, etc.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#220  Edited By Primmaster64

Jesus, i haven't been able to see it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I personally thought Amon was related to the family that Zuko stayed in the Earth Kingdom while he ran away from Iroh. The kid of that family seemed to really hate Zuko after he revealed that he was a fire-bender.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Deranged Midget said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I personally thought Amon was related to the family that Zuko stayed in the Earth Kingdom while he ran away from Iroh. The kid of that family seemed to really hate Zuko after he revealed that he was a fire-bender.

But you have to remember that during that time the Fire Nation had been trying to take over the world for over a 100 years, Fire Benders were feared and hated because of this, and the reason the boy hated Zuko was because his older brother had already been forced to fight in the war. I don't think that Amon is related to that family because their hatred wasn't towards all benders, just Fire Benders. Amon seems to think all benders, of all four elements, are bad.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I do agree about wanting to see the characters explore the rest of the world and allow us to see how much has changed. But the main reasons Aang and the gang had to travel the world was to find someone to teach Aang the three elements he needed to learn, so they had a reason. Right now though Korra and her friends have no reason to leave Republic City as everything is happening there and not around the world. But one idea I had that could give them a reason to travel the world is Pro-Bending. It's possible that Pro-Bending is played not just in Republic City and that it would be a global sport played all around the Four Nations. I could see them using that as their reason for going to different parts of the world in Book 2 as they would have to travel to different cities and towns for Pro-Bending tournaments and during their adventure come across new villains and allies. Well to be fair, we've only seen Lin twice and she does give off that whole "I don't take crap from anyone" vibe Toph had. I really don't see how Amon caused her to have those flashbacks, I get the feeling it was her link to Avatar Aang that caused them. After seeing the flashbacks, I get the feeling that someone to defeating Amon Korra is going to have to explore Republic City's past to learn more about Amon, and in doing so we will slowly learn what happened to characters like Toph, Sokka, Zuko, Suki, etc.

Lin isn't as rebellious as Toph though

And still...they could've done that with Korra instead of her already learning 3 elements.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I just wanna interject and say how adorable Tenzin's children are, I freakin' love them.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Primmaster64
@The Stegman: Just saw the last 3 episodes..awesome. And you're avi and mine totally match lol!
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Primmaster64:  

@The Stegman : Just saw the last 3 episodes..awesome. And you're avi and mine totally match lol!

The series is seriously impressing me, I'd go as far to say that it's beginning is more impressive than Avatar's which is saying A LOT 

and yes are avis match, Flame-0 Hotman!
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Primmaster64
@The Stegman: We're both smiling.

Who do you think the bad guy is?
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Primmaster64: Amon..honestly I don't know...maybe Tenzin's mysterious brother that was mentioned in the first episode...
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Primmaster64
@The Stegman: He said his parents where killed by firebenders.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Primmaster64: Oh yeah, forgot about that...then I really have no clue, lol
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Primmaster64
@The Stegman: ....Or...it could be a descendant from...cabbage man!
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@The Stegman said:

@Primmaster64:

@The Stegman : Just saw the last 3 episodes..awesome. And you're avi and mine totally match lol!

The series is seriously impressing me, I'd go as far to say that it's beginning is more impressive than Avatar's which is saying A LOT and yes are avis match, Flame-0 Hotman!

You gotta be kidding me.....@Primmaster64 said:

@The Stegman: He said his parents where killed by firebenders.

Parents killed by firebenders....what if this has something to do with the Harmony Restoration Act.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil: Nope, so far, the first four episodes of Korra have entertained me more than the first four of Avatar..but like I said, that's no small accomplishment. 
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@The Stegman: Let's forget that Korra rushes the series more than ATLA, And the first four episode of ATLA barely have a large cast. LOK is just a rushed series and they'll be left without a plot by the beginning of season 2, Good show but producers need to watch what they're doing.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Sissel

@Jnr6Lil: If that's what you think about those love triangles, then go on. It's your interpretation anyway.

Also, take your nostalgia glasses off. You're giving ATLA's episodes too much credit. I agree that LOK's episodes so far have been in a paced movement .

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil: Korra is a mini series, it's only going to have about 24 or so episodes, that's why it seems to be moving at a faster pace, it's not gonna have three books like ATLA did.
Mark_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Mark_XV

I have this weird feeling that the guy that got Korra into hunting the anti-benders is Amon himself/in league with him. I don't know, but its just this weird thing I've been getting, he seems shady.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil: If that's what you think about those love triangles, then go on. It's your interpretation anyway.

Also, take your nostalgia glasses off. You're giving ATLA's episodes too much credit. I agree that LOK's episodes so far have been in a paced movement .

Nope, that's the truth, You have no argument so I win.

Because LOK is rushed.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By _Zombie_

Finally watched an episode, it was pretty good.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@The Stegman said:
I just wanna interject and say how adorable Tenzin's children are, I freakin' love them.
Same. They crack me up every episode, they all have a little Aang in them. xD 

@Mark_XV said:
I have this weird feeling that the guy that got Korra into hunting the anti-benders is Amon himself/in league with him. I don't know, but its just this weird thing I've been getting, he seems shady.
I got the feeling he was in league with him, the guy obviously is corrupt and out for power. Plus seeing how easily the city's council gave into his idea despite Tenzin's objections only makes me believe that sooner or later we're going to see Korra take on the corruption in Republic City.

I would also like to mention how I found it odd that there wasn't any non-benders from what I could tell on the council either. It only makes benders appear as if they're better than non-benders so I can see why the public are starting a revolution against benders.
Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Knightly1

@Mark_XV: Agreed. He's definitely a shady character.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Knightly1

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ragdollpurps said:

What are you talking about??

1) The moon does not make a waterbender physically stronger. If you're going to make a claim, back it up with evidence.

2) It only makes their bending stronger.

3) How do you propose a water gets thrown into the moon?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Deranged Midget

@War Killer: True, but it was a fire-bender who murdered his parents and scarred his face. Also, his family were poor farmers who were also constantly extorted by fire-benders, similar to the family Zuko briefly stayed with.

@The Stegman: Haha as do I. "Meelo that is not a toilet!" I re-watched that at least 5 times over.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer: True, but it was a fire-bender who murdered his parents and scarred his face. Also, his family were poor farmers who were also constantly extorted by fire-benders, similar to the family Zuko briefly stayed with.

All true, but the main difference is that the family Zuko stayed with we're being harassed by Earth Benders, not Fire Benders. So while the idea is possible, that is the only thing that I can find to argue against it, but really at this point I think it's too early to tell, but from how Korra flashed back after her confrontation with Amon, he does appear to have some ties to the characters from the first series in some form or another.
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Deranged Midget

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget said:

All true, but the main difference is that the family Zuko stayed with we're being harassed by Earth Benders, not Fire Benders. So while the idea is possible, that is the only thing that I can find to argue against it, but really at this point I think it's too early to tell, but from how Korra flashed back after her confrontation with Amon, he does appear to have some ties to the characters from the first series in some form or another.

Indeed, if it was really him and we have no idea how old he really is. I'm assuming the fire-bender who murdered his parents and/or scarred his face is related to Zuko somehow or possibly Zuko himself.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Deranged Midget said:

@War Killer said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Indeed, if it was really him and we have no idea how old he really is. I'm assuming the fire-bender who murdered his parents and/or scarred his face is related to Zuko somehow or possibly Zuko himself.

I don't know, you would think that after all of the crap Zuko's been through, they wouldn't add more to his plate of mistakes and problems than they already have.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#247  Edited By Deadcool

@Deranged Midget: @War Killer:

I love your current avatars my fellow Avatar Fans...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Deadcool said:

@Deranged Midget: @War Killer:

I love your current avatars my fellow Avatar Fans...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Deranged Midget said:

@The Stegman: Haha as do I. "Meelo that is not a toilet!" I re-watched that at least 5 times over.

That family was extorted by Earthbenders@OblivionKnight said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ragdollpurps said:

1) The moon does not make a waterbender physically stronger. If you're going to make a claim, back it up with evidence.

It makes their bending stronger which comes from physicality

3) You don't literally.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@OblivionKnight said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@ragdollpurps said:

It makes their bending stronger which comes from physicality

3) You don't literally.

The moon, like with Sozin's Comet and Fire Benders, boosts Water Benders ability but even then that doesn't mean Benders live longer or is there really any proof that they do. Sokka wasn't a bender and seemed to live just as long as Aang and Toph who were both benders.