Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn:don't like it lol I like more up tempo rap that slow down talk over the track is  ehhh for me. "
well I tried... lol 

"

many people have lol

My favorite rappers or people I can listen to without skipping some songs are

1. Big L
  2. Eminem
  3. Big Pun
  4. DMX
  5. Jadakiss
  6. Old Papoose
  7. Biggie
  8. Mase
  9. 2 pac
  10. Ice Cube
  11. KRS 1

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By King_Saturn
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn:don't like it lol I like more up tempo rap that slow down talk over the track is  ehhh for me. "
well I tried... lol 

"

many people have lol

1. Big L
  2. Eminem
  3. Big Pun
  4. DMX
  5. Jadakiss
  6. Old Papoose
  7. Biggie
  8. Mase
  9. 2 pac
  10. Ice Cube
  11. KRS 1

"
when you say Mase... you mean before his Double Up album in 1999 right ? cause that album was Horrible...  
KRS One is an interesting choice... even though I think he is a legend in hip hop... some of his albums do suck ass... IMO 
everyone else I agree with wholeheartedly... lol  
well maybe DMX too... cause some of his later sh!t hasnt been up to par as his stuff he put out in the late 1990's and early 2000's... 

SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
well I tried... lol 

"

many people have lol

1. Big L
  2. Eminem
  3. Big Pun
  4. DMX
  5. Jadakiss
  6. Old Papoose
  7. Biggie
  8. Mase
  9. 2 pac
  10. Ice Cube
  11. KRS 1

"
when you say Mase... you mean before his Double Up album in 1999 right ? cause that album was Horrible...  
KRS One is an interesting choice... even though I think he is a legend in hip hop... some of his albums do suck ass... IMO 
well maybe DMX too... cause some of his later sh!t hasnt been up to par as his stuff he put out in the late 1990's and early 2000's... 

"
yea I should have place (old next to thier names)
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By King_Saturn
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
well I tried... lol 

"

many people have lol

1. Big L
  2. Eminem
  3. Big Pun
  4. DMX
  5. Jadakiss
  6. Old Papoose
  7. Biggie
  8. Mase
  9. 2 pac
  10. Ice Cube
  11. KRS 1

"

"
yea I should have place (old next to thier names) "
indeed
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@King Saturn:
what are some of your favorites a top ten.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By King_Saturn
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn:what are some of your favorites a top ten. "
as of right now ? lets see... 

Active Rappers 

1. Lupe Fiasco 
2. Jadakiss 
3. Nas 
4. Joe Budden 
5. Eminem 
6. Ludacris 
7. Royce da 5'9' 
8. Ghostface Killah 
9. Cassidy 
10. Joell Ortiz 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#107  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Lupe is good but people treat him like he is the second coming. He aint that good he really carries himself on his delivery his lyrics are average covered by pretty delivery

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Lupe is good but people treat him like he is the second coming. He aint that good he really carries himself on his delivery his lyrics are average covered by pretty delivery "
His lyrics aren't at all average.I find his delivery to be what's average.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" Lupe is good but people treat him like he is the second coming. He aint that good he really carries himself on his delivery his lyrics are average covered by pretty delivery "
His lyrics aren't at all average.I find his delivery to be what's average. "
It's like they say I guess it is all personal his lyrics do not impress me as much as other stuff in his songs or other MCs out there
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By King_Saturn
@Son_of_Magnus said:
Lupe comes hard on his albums and mixtapes... he is the shiznit for me... though Jadakiss is a close second for me
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

This is literally my favorite music video ever
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
His lyrics aren't at all average.I find his delivery to be what's average. "
It's like they say I guess it is all personal his lyrics do not impress me as much as other stuff in his songs or other MCs out there "
His lyrics may have gone over your head. 

@Son_of_Magnus said:
"  
  This is literally my favorite music video ever "
This is the worse Jay-z video since Sunshine.
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By shanana

I loved Sunshine the song, but that's what happens when your from Brooklyn and you mess with cats from Harlem lol.

I don't like Nas though. That was to KS

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: I just do not like his lyrics like I like other rappers so I guess it is more bias taking over. I am very picky with my lyricists. As the video goes the imagery and choreography is bad @$$ I think it is all opinion
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Vance Astro: I just do not like his lyrics like I like other rappers so I guess it is more bias taking over. 
No Worries. 

@Son_of_Magnus said:
. As the video goes the imagery and choreography is bad @$$ I think it is all opinion "
The imagery in the video is gothic and random.It's not the best time to make a video like this when people think you're in the Illuminati and that you worship the devil.He denied it but...There are so many things he's done or he is involved with that link him to that.
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
@Vance Astro: There is no doubt in my mind he is involved in that crap I mean he has connections with Obama and other people in Washington and all of them are involved in that stuff. Then if you cut through it MAD rappers our in the occult these days allot of them admitting to it. Like Necro, everyone in La Coka Nostra, Three Six Mafia, and others plus the symbolism in Jay's stuff is a dead give away especially in this video. I like the video though just because I like goth stuff. I have also read stuff online on Bridge Nine and stuff about Swizzzy being into all that garbage. But goth is not satanism.
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By shanana

They Both say Illuminati

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118  Edited By _Sojourn_

I like good hip-hop...the mainstream stuff really pisses me off though, old school, well up to maybe 2004 or 5 then it just went to sh!t
Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119  Edited By Agent Buttons
@Slight said:
" I like good hip-hop...the mainstream stuff really pisses me off though, old school, well up to maybe 2004 or 5 then it just went to sh!t "
LOL why does it piss you off?
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120  Edited By _Sojourn_

@Agent Buttons said:

" @Slight said:
" I like good hip-hop...the mainstream stuff really pisses me off though, old school, well up to maybe 2004 or 5 then it just went to sh!t "
LOL why does it piss you off? "

Because, it's not saying anything....That is important...Every song is either about the latest greatest dance craze, money, gettting some, or making yourself look like your the Sh!t, or putting someone else down...none of which really mean anything. 

Music, should be about more than said topics, it should say something about life, the good bad, and or the ugly.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By whacknasty
@Slight said:
"

@Agent Buttons said:

" @Slight said:
LOL why does it piss you off? "

Because, it's not saying anything....That is important...Every song is either about the latest greatest dance craze, money, gettting some, or making yourself look like your the Sh!t, or putting someone else down...none of which really mean anything. 

Music, should be about more than said topics, it should say something about life, the good bad, and or the ugly.

"

Right. I think music is one of the most important art forms, and also one of the most powerful tools of expression, whether it be personal or cultural. The state of hip-hop in general for me is upsetting because of the effects (which i think at this point are negative) that it has on any culture it is a part of. Like said above, most of the lyrics and artistic content are reduced to nothing but hedonistic garbage. This gives a very distorted and negative representation of the people who love hip-hop, and the positive impact it should be having on the population overall (but especially children/young people) is being destroyed.....by the stanky-leg, rhymes about hallucinogenic groupie orgies, and flaunting killing/robbing...when these are the very things that the music sought to remedy/get away from....

I used to love her too, Common... now I just hope she doesn't say/do anything to embarrass me when I have friends over... : (

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By shanana

No one really battle rap any more

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By whacknasty
@Sha said:
"No one really battle rap any more "

That's true too.  I would pay just as much money to see people battle as i would a cd or concert, depending on their skill of course.  Probably not enough people who feel that way though, so if it isnt making dollars...
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By shanana

True.

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By drkhwk2001
@Sha:
I live in the "D" (detroit), and they have battle raps here all time still. I mean rap battles.....lol
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@whacknasty said:
" @Sha said:
That's true too.  I would pay just as much money to see people battle as i would a cd or concert, depending on their skill of course.  Probably not enough people who feel that way though, so if it isnt making dollars... "
What are you guys talking about.They have rap battle leagues all of the country and even in Canada.
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By shanana
@Vance Astro said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @Sha said:
That's true too.  I would pay just as much money to see people battle as i would a cd or concert, depending on their skill of course.  Probably not enough people who feel that way though, so if it isnt making dollars... "
What are you guys talking about.They have rap battle leagues all of the country and even in Canada. "
Thank you Mr. know it all =]
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sha said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @Sha said:
What are you guys talking about.They have rap battle leagues all of the country and even in Canada. "
Thank you Mr. know it all =] "
You never heard of Grindtime? King of the Dot? Fight Klub? URL (Ultimate Rap League)?
shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By shanana

Nope

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By whacknasty
@Vance Astro said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @Sha said:

Lol. I am laughing at the "know it all" from Sha up there.. 

You mean the ones you see on Youtube?  I have watched a few of those, and most of them are pretty decent.  Not the same for me as going to a show and watching Black Thought or Rass Kass battle for an hour.  I want to see some of these more popular guys show that they still have the skills that got them to where they are (if they do)... 

Do those battle leagues have pretty good attendance overall? Like large enough that a door fee would convince the label guys that still being nice outiside of writtens is profitable?  i can only see about 20-25 guys in the background of those Youtube clips...
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@whacknasty said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @Sha said:
Lol. I am laughing at the "know it all" from Sha up there..  You mean the ones you see on Youtube?  I have watched a few of those, and most of them are pretty decent.  Not the same for me as going to a show and watching Black Thought or Rass Kass battle for an hour.  I want to see some of these more popular guys show that they still have the skills that got them to where they are (if they do)...  Do those battle leagues have pretty good attendance overall? Like large enough that a door fee would convince the label guys that still being nice outiside of writtens is profitable?  i can only see about 20-25 guys in the background of those Youtube clips... "
Oh...signed rappers don't battle no more.Yea,you're right.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By King_Saturn
@Sha said:
" I loved Sunshine the song, but that's what happens when your from Brooklyn and you mess with cats from Harlem lol.   I don't like Nas though. That was to KS "

I dont see why... but to each his own I guess...
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#133  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Sha said:

"   They Both say Illuminati

"
a metaphor means they're apart of something? cool I forgot hip hop wasn't about metaphors
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By King_Saturn
producers hardly get any love when you talk about Hip Hop and they are the ones who make the beats... 
Big Ups to 9th Wonder and DJ Toomp... 
whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By whacknasty
@King Saturn said:
"producers hardly get any love when you talk about Hip Hop and they are the ones who make the beats... 
Big Ups to 9th Wonder and DJ Toomp... 
"

Yep. 9th is nice. I like Ant, Blockhead, El-P, and Premier a bunch too...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By King_Saturn
Cassidy vs Joe Budden...
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Why is Akon on every rap track I hate his voice

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By shanana
@geraldthesloth said:

" @Sha said:

"   They Both say Illuminati

"
a metaphor means they're apart of something? cool I forgot hip hop wasn't about metaphors "
I'm really starting to dislike you...

-_-
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
" Cassidy vs Joe Budden... "
Cass fell off.....
Baron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Baron

Anyone here know when Relapse 2 is coming out?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vance Astro said:

" @King Saturn said:

" Cassidy vs Joe Budden... "
Cass fell off..... "
thats in terms of his career though... I was thinking in terms of flow and lyrics... 

@Baron said:

" Anyone here know when Relapse 2 is coming out? "

Eminem keeps pushing the release date back so who knows... expect it out by Summer 2010... 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
 I was thinking in terms of flow and lyrics... 

That's what I was talking about....
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By King_Saturn
@Vance Astro said:
" @King Saturn said:
 I was thinking in terms of flow and lyrics... 

That's what I was talking about.... "
last mixtape I heard with Cassidy on it... Cass was still fire... now the material on it itself could be from like 06 or 07... but the date on the mixtape said 2009... lol 
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By King_Saturn
reminds me of MF Doom a little...
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#146  Edited By iLLituracy
@Son_of_Magnus said:

"  

"
That was sick.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By King_Saturn
where is Busta Rhymes ?
Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Travis McCoy vs Pharrell Williams freestyle battle

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#149  Edited By Night Thrasher

BIG improvement over BP 2

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By King_Saturn
got damn... everyone is pushing back their albums to March and April now...