The Gaming Thread

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am 10 hours into Shadow of Mordor. I am liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Like Yathzee said, it manages to out-assassin-creed Assassin's Creed and I totally agree. I haven't had this much fun with a game like this since AC 2

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You should. If not for the story, then for arguably some of the finest controls put to a video game.

I will, one of these days. I'm waiting for the price to drop a little more. I don't want to give Konami too much of my money.

cruelwinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cruelwinter said:

You should. If not for the story, then for arguably some of the finest controls put to a video game.

I will, one of these days. I'm waiting for the price to drop a little more. I don't want to give Konami too much of my money.

I was none the wiser.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man I loved MGV, The story was brief but solid but the diversity and significance of gameplay was ace

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Battlefield One!!!! Anyone pre-ordering it?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Battlefield One!!!! Anyone pre-ordering it?

I was excited for Battlefield, but typical EA bull**** is beginning to creep in and dampen my spirits.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_panther18: my friend did and I am just gonna ask him for the CD .why waste money when you can get it free right guys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma said:

@black_panther18: my friend did and I am just gonna ask him for the CD .why waste money when you can get it free right guys

Borrowing it for a few days from a friend is not the same as owning it for as long as you desire.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9109  Edited By touma

@black_panther18:

@toumasaid:@black_panther18:my friend did and I am just gonna ask him for the CD .why waste money when you can get it free right guysBorrowing it for a few days from a friend is not the same as owning it for as long as you desire.

can always get a pirated version (and serious don't tell this to any one)

bro once I complete a game I am not able to play even for 1 min after that, and 3 days are enough for me to do so,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma: Wow, I didn't even know that you could do that. For me, it takes forever to complete a game's story mode. Don't worry, aside from the viners here who can read this lol, no one will know. But I prefer to buy games the right way. I got the finances to cover it. You'll be missing out on the multiplayer though with just the pirated version.

touma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9111  Edited By touma

@black_panther18: Don't worry, aside from the viners here who can read this lol, no one will know.

well that's a relief , wait what Oh my God I am doomed (all right comic vine boy you know how much I love you guys , so don't tell this to anyone)

Wow, I didn't even know that you could do that. For me, it takes forever to complete a game's story mode

bro it depend on what game you playing as from experience battlefield is gonna be a pieces of cake , unlike dark souls and GTA games which take weeks to complete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@touma: Battlefield One will be my first battlefield game, so I don't expect to complete it in a matter of days like you can. Could take weeks or even months, but I got a busy life so I can only play on a limited basis.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The season pass for Battlefield 1 has been revealed. Probably gonna get that, too.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people still pre-order games? Especially from EA/Ubisoft? Did people forget BF4, Hardline, Battlefront? Lmao. Just enabling more corporate bullshit.

The_Drifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-Ordering Titanfall 2. So much hype. Last but not least of Fallout 4 dlc, Nuka world!!!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I recently bought Yu-Gi-Oh: Legacy of the Duelist on the PS4, and so far it's very enjoyable and well worth the $20.

I was originally going to wait until Konami released that Yu-Gi-Oh PC game (which is supposed to be out around this winter), but since we haven't heard anything about it in several months, I decided why not, lol.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do people still pre-order games? Especially from EA/Ubisoft? Did people forget BF4, Hardline, Battlefront? Lmao. Just enabling more corporate bullshit.

Because I like the pre-order bonus? I get Goldberg for pre-ordering WWE 2K17..I've never had a game that I preordered that I felt disappointed by as I make sure it's a game I actually want to have before doing it

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

Because I like the pre-order bonus? I get Goldberg for pre-ordering WWE 2K17..I've never had a game that I preordered that I felt disappointed by as I make sure it's a game I actually want to have before doing it

Loading Video...

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup said:
@darthaznable said:

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9120  Edited By DarthAznable

@manmadeofketchup: Pre-ordering is bad and keeps these devs shoveling out mediocre and/or broken products. There are exceptions to the rule but they don't justify it.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup: Pre-ordering is bad and keeps these devs shoveling out mediocre and/or broken products.

Except the products I pre-ordered weren't bad. Generalizations don't work unless every issue has been a bad one.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9122  Edited By DarthAznable

@manmadeofketchup: Weren't bad in your opinion* Ftfy.

Generalizations work for the majority not every single one. Lmao But hey, keep supporting anti-consumer nonsense.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generalizations work for the majority not every single one. Lmao But hey, keep supporting anti-consumer nonsense.

Fallout 4, Witcher 3, WoW Legion, Deus Ex, and such were all recent games..None of them were disappointments and some have been well received, especially Witcher 3. Don't try to downgrade my opinion just because you don't agree with pre-order. Not all companies pull the anti-consumer nonsense you're whining about

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@darthaznable said:

People are eager to be ripped off and pay $30 dollars more for that cut content.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

Fallout 4, Witcher 3, WoW Legion, Deus Ex, and such were all recent games..None of them were disappointments and some have been well received, especially Witcher 3. Don't try to downgrade my opinion just because you don't agree with pre-order. Not all companies pull the anti-consumer nonsense you're whining about

The only whining is the guy who commented on my almost two week old post to justify himself. lmao. Not worth a conversation. Bye Felicia.

@darthaznable said:

People are eager to be ripped off and pay $30 dollars more for that cut content.

But it's okay because the pre-order gives me this cool 5min mission or outfit!

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:
@manmadeofketchup said:
@darthaznable said:

The only whining is the guy who commented on my almost two week old post to justify himself. lmao. Not worth a conversation. Bye Felicia.

@beaconofstrength said:

@darthaznable said:

But it's okay because the pre-order gives me this cool 5min mission or outfit!

You're right..It's not worth conversing with someone who feels the need to be an obnoxious smartass than having an actual conversation, so I accept your concession. Just another person who can't handle someone's opinion differing from his own. Run along now. Btw I'm not whining, you're just full of shit...There's a difference

Don't ask a question then get whiny about it when someone bothers to answer it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played that BF1 beta for about a total of 12 hours and I did really like it. I just thought they made it a bit too casual in some areas. They adopted the vehicle spawns from SW Battlefront and the entire UI. This disappointed me because anything associated with the shit turd that was Battlefront makes me cringe. There's a couple other things I didn't like, but I can't remember them right now. The gameplay was great and I thought Sinai was a good map. And I get the feeling while playing that the matches are too short in conquest. I remember them being longer in BF:BC 2 and BF3. But that may be just me.

I liked the tanks and planes. And the calvary class was noice. I did think it was a bit weird to have their own separate classes. But I guess that's because of the vehicle spawning. The Scout and Assault classes are good and balanced for the most part. But Medic is missing a little something imo and Support is pretty much dog shit. Support definitely needs an upgrade of some kind. The flamethrower pickup is fun, but I think there's a bit of a hit detection problem if you're on the opposite side.

Overall, I loved what I played and I am a decent player at this game. I'm just worried about the inevitable bullshit EA will put this game through with the season pass and all that. I don't buy season passes. So what will determine if I buy this game or not will be the number of multiplayer maps at launch, reviews, and if the launch is another bugged failure. I'll probably wait a month before making my decision, but that number of maps is key. I want at least 10-12 maps in the base game.

If DICE and EA mess it up, then oh well. I have been waiting on a good multiplayer shooter for a long while though. I won't be ripped off like I was with Hardline again.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

BF1 beta is pretty terrible so far. Guess the hype is all for nothing.

This. It's honestly pretty pathetic. I've encountered a lot of people on Reddit and other gaming communities who claim to despise corporate practices, yet still pre order and purchase in-game microtransactions.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9129  Edited By Static Shock

@silkyballfro94: I was hating on Battlefield 1 at first. Then, I played the beta. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I might end up buying it and Premium, too.

@darthaznablesaid:

LOL. Ouch.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

I've encountered a lot of people on Reddit and other gaming communities who claim to despise corporate practices, yet still pre order and purchase in-game microtransactions.

Witcher 3 was the last game I've pre-ordered, which to me was worth it. I haven't pre-ordered a game since then, I don't purchase micros, and I opt-out of buying most DLC add-ons. Can't keep falling for the same nonsense over and over.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

I've encountered a lot of people on Reddit and other gaming communities who claim to despise corporate practices, yet still pre order and purchase in-game microtransactions.

Witcher 3 was the last game I've pre-ordered, which to me was worth it. I haven't pre-ordered a game since then, I don't purchase micros, and I opt-out of buying most DLC add-ons. Can't keep falling for the same nonsense over and over.

Witcher 3 is a slight exception. Although it was heavily downgraded, didn't have quite the mod support they promised, and was buggy at launch earning it the title "Glitcher 3". Hell I'd argue the expansions are better than the base game.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: Yeah. CDPR did a great job and other devs should take example.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new Metal Gear looks like Konami's begun wanting to drag that franchise through the dirt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They revealed Neo last night and it's official name is actually called the PlayStation Pro. These upgraded versions of these consoles have me worried tbh. I've read articles where an executive or spokesperson of both Sony/PlayStation and Microsoft/Xbox have said they're not sure or don't think there'd be a next generation of consoles after PS4 & Xbox One. So with these upgraded consoles that have recently been revealed, that makes me think they'll be releasing newer/upgraded versions of each console every few years or maybe even every year in the future. That's not something I'd want. They'd basically be going the route of smart phones and cars.

It also makes me wonder how this will affect developers. They'll need to now add yet another two versions of their games for the Pro and Scorpio. I think this is going to make things even more difficult for them. Will the quality of games drop or will prices go up, or possibly both? If what I'm describing happens, then bye bye video games lol. Or maybe Nintendo would be able to capitalize on this? But they've already done the same themselves with the NX, haven't they? This would only leave me with the option of becoming a pc gamer.

I think the video game industry is about to change real hard within the next couple years.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94: Sony stated that an HDR update will be released for all vanilla PS4s. That could do away with the need to develop two different versions of every PS4 game. But, I don't know if such an update will be effective. Most TVs, even at 1080p, don't support HDR.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9137  Edited By MonsterStomp

I bought Lords of the Fallen today. Any thoughts?

Edit: Traded it in. I appreciate its intensions (much like Dark Souls for being relatively difficult), however its just not appealing to me.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New info from Bioware recently confirms that the male and female main characters in Mass Effect Andromeda are both canon and are brother and sister

cruelwinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New info from Bioware recently confirms that the male and female main characters in Mass Effect Andromeda are both canon and are brother and sister

That's insane. I'm looking forward to the game.

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9140  Edited By removekebab

Instead of making games to run at 1080p/60fps, consoles want to push developers to make games run at 4k/""""30""""fps

This industry is dead. It was killed by the normies.

Hopefully consoles die out soon and all the dudebros who can't build a computer to save their own lives can go back to football or whatever they did beforehand.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of making games to run at 1080p/60fps, consoles want to push developers to make games run at 4k/""""30""""fps

I also don't understand this at all. Or rather, I do know why they do this, they make use of the fact most gamers don't know shit about hardware, resolution, upscaling, etc.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup said:

That's insane. I'm looking forward to the game.

I'm surprised they haven't done such a move earlier.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher 3 is actually pretty mediocre in terms of storytelling. You're basically trying to track a woman down, who's on the run from someone else. You're doing this by trading favours with those who might've seen or heard of her around different parts of the world. Its become pretty predictable.

>Goes to talk to someone about girl

>Person with information ask for favour

>Complete errand

>Person with information leads you to someone else with information, who also wants a favour

I wish I gave The Witcher 2 more of a chance (since its regarded as the best in the series).

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cpt_nice said:

I am 10 hours into Shadow of Mordor. I am liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Like Yathzee said, it manages to out-assassin-creed Assassin's Creed and I totally agree. I haven't had this much fun with a game like this since AC 2

Shadow of Mordor compares to Assassin's Creed like apples compare to oranges.

SoM is extremely fun, but lets face it, its a complete rip off of the Batman Arkham style combat and is helming a mediocre plot.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UNDERTALE IS MASSIVELY OVERRATED

*runs and hides*

removekebab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@removekebab: Based on ratings and sales. Plus, a lot of people recommended the game to me, so I bought it. Never gave it a chance though.

ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher 3 is actually pretty mediocre in terms of storytelling. You're basically trying to track a woman down, who's on the run from someone else. You're doing this by trading favours with those who might've seen or heard of her around different parts of the world. Its become pretty predictable.

>Goes to talk to someone about girl

>Person with information ask for favour

>Complete errand

>Person with information leads you to someone else with information, who also wants a favour

I wish I gave The Witcher 2 more of a chance (since its regarded as the best in the series).

Not that it's mediocre, more that it's a cut and paste of Witcher 2. Geralt chasing Ciri around is pretty much the same as when he was chasing Letho around

IceTagLands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Site cool. I play halo. Mom hate it.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manmadeofketchup: I haven't played The Witcher 2 but yeah... I'd say the plot of that game is also mediocre.