Avatar image for beautifulrevery
beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By beautifulrevery

I was kind of mad they changed why Jon Snow said he wanted to join Mance. Seriously, "I want to fight on the side of those who fight for the living." isn't as cool sounding as "Did you see where they sat me? Did you see where they put the bastard?".

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xaos said:

Mmmh, G.R.R.Martin hasn't finished his book before begining this show, smell like retirement planning to me.

Either way, I was kinda disappointed, for I've read the novels and they were AWESOME, problem is, the show overall visual didn't match my imagination.

I'm sure someone who's invested twenty years of his life into this fantasy world isn't just going to stop now. Winds of Winter is probably at least half written by now, anyway.

And the show's production value is top notch. It's as good as any adaption can realistically expected to be. In fact, I've been more than impressed.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was kind of mad they changed why Jon Snow said he wanted to join Mance. Seriously, "I want to fight on the side of those who fight for the living." isn't as cool sounding as "Did you see where they sat me? Did you see where they put the bastard?".

The line he used in the books just makes him sound like a less vindictive Theon.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Pyrogram

I need to watch this >_>

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery said:

The line he used in the books just makes him sound like a less vindictive Theon.

Difference is people actually like Snow and he actually HAD an issue. Theon garnered more respect than Jon Snow mainly due to Catelyn being an insufferable wench all the time. Thank you red wedding btw. Theon on the other hand was perfectly happy being another brother to Robb, Bran, Rickon, Arya, and Sansa but as soon as he got back to the Iron Islands as an ENVOY for Robb he started having daddy issues and became a jack$#!. There's your difference. Theon didn't have a reason to be a jerk but Jon did except Jon isn't a jerk. He's probably the most honorable person on this show besides Ned and Robb

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Arianne Martell by Elia Fernandez
Arianne Martell by Elia Fernandez

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

No Caption Provided

Like a BOSS!!!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stmichalofwilson: I've seen that on your page earlier...... That should be a tattoo.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By judasnixon
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

@beautifulrevery said:

Difference is people actually like Snow and he actually HAD an issue. Theon garnered more respect than Jon Snow mainly due to Catelyn being an insufferable wench all the time. Thank you red wedding btw. Theon on the other hand was perfectly happy being another brother to Robb, Bran, Rickon, Arya, and Sansa but as soon as he got back to the Iron Islands as an ENVOY for Robb he started having daddy issues and became a jack$#!. There's your difference. Theon didn't have a reason to be a jerk but Jon did except Jon isn't a jerk. He's probably the most honorable person on this show besides Ned and Robb

I agree, which makes what Theon did even more abdominable.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never kept up with a show that I suspect has unnecessary sex scenes like True Blood. If someone can reasure me of this I could get into it.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I caught a glimpse of Ramsay Bolton in the second episode of the third season...

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Oh man I know! I think HBO is teasing us with him. Every one is waiting for the Bastard of Bolton to be a bastard!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Diana Rigg was so F-ing awesome as Lady Olenna Tyrell...... "When a Tyrell farts it smells of roses..."

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to get into this show and really just couldn't. It just seems like there is two episodes in the season that really matter and everything else is just build up. They introduce a new character about every other episode when some of the existing characters arcs haven't even been fully explored.

I am sure that it works brilliantly in the book series where there can be a great amount of details, but as a tv show....it seems cluttered at times.

I don't want to sound like I am hating, they have great acting, dialogue, and it just a well made show. I just find it arduous to follow. The show had a main protagonist and he he died like 8 episodes in.....now there isn't one....I don't if thats ground breaking or stupid.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By _Grifter_

I tried to get into this show and really just couldn't. It just seems like there is two episodes in the season that really matter and everything else is just build up. They introduce a new character about every other episode when some of the existing characters arcs haven't even been fully explored.

I am sure that it works brilliantly in the book series where there can be a great amount of details, but as a tv show....it seems cluttered at times.

I don't want to sound like I am hating, they have great acting, dialogue, and it just a well made show. I just find it arduous to follow. The show had a main protagonist and he he died like 8 episodes in.....now there isn't one....I don't if thats ground breaking or stupid.

There is no main protagonist in the series, and if a character that your rooting for starts to fit the bill then something nasty is about to happen to said character.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Oh man I know! I think HBO is teasing us with him. Every one is waiting for the Bastard of Bolton to be a bastard!

Yeah, for sure. Joffrey is practically a saint next to him. I expected a different entrance for him in the series, since he was introduced much earlier in the books.

Also I really, really like Lady Olenna and the Brotherhood without Banners.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: She was a badass this episode lol As for the guy they got to portray the infamous Bastard of Bolton. Well he doesn't exactly fit the book's description. But the guy's got those cold, cruel, eyes that the Boltons are notoriously known for.

No Caption Provided

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grift3r said:

There is no main protagonist in the series, and if a character that your rooting for starts to fit the bill then something nasty is about to happen to said character.

Yeah, such an odd move. Usually any and every story has a protagonist...its writing 101. The fact that there isn't one or the fact that if one seems interesting he will die makes it hard to really care. I suppose the Starks could be all be considered the main characters but sometimes there is episode where none of them appear. As I said, in the books there is likely room for tons of more detail and story, on the show its just hard get into...you have to really follow it to get enveloped.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@dragonborn_ct: I think Lord Walder Frey is going to be the new King Joffrey...... Nasty mother F-er with all his gross ass kids, all seventy something of them.....

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Well you see in the books each chapter is told through the eyes of a different character. You know, their point of view. And it doesn't just focus on the Starks, it focuses on Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, and a few others. And each book adds a couple of new POV characters to it. So in a sense the reader decides who their own protagonist is. And at times you can go a few hundred pages before you get to a Stark character, or the character's story your wanting to follow.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

@grift3r: At first I felt the same way, but if you study his face I can see it..... It's his nose and lips that won me over. I think it the hair that everyone doesn't like. They should of gave him longer hair......

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grift3r said:

@cattlebattle: Well you see in the books each chapter is told through the eyes of a different character. You know, their point of view. And it doesn't just focus on the Starks, it focuses on Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, and a few others. And each book adds a couple of new POV characters to it. So in a sense the reader decides who their own protagonist is. And at times you can go a few hundred pages before you get to a Stark character, or the character's story your wanting to follow.

See, thats awesome. I can understand how as a book series its so amazing, it just sounds cool As a TV series though it has a tough time translating IMO.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By _Grifter_

@judasnixon: Huh....actually you have a valid point. He lacks the long hair and he's not big boned like he is in the books.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Nah man, I understand. Actually they've withdrawn several characters from the books to be introduced later on in the show.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you think they will show the Jaime and Brienne Vs House Bolton fight, or cut to the aftermath of the battle?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By judasnixon

I like threw the series how I switch my favorite character. First it was Arya Strack, then Osha, then Bronn of Blackwater, and now Asha Greyjoy aka Yara(on the show).... Have this happen to anyone else?

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By beautifulrevery

I like threw the series how I switch my favorite character. First it was Arya Strack, then Osha, then Bronn of Blackwater, and now Asha Greyjoy aka Yara(on the show).... Have this happen to anyone else?

With the books it was Ned at first(R.I.P.) and then it was Arya, then Sansa for some reason, Bronn as well, and now and forever it is Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen the Unburnt, freer of slaves, mother of dragons, and Khaleesi to Khal Drogo's Khalasar and rightful queen of the 7 kingdoms of Westeros.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Anyone else actually like Joffrey?

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

@grift3r said:

@judasnixon: Huh....actually you have a valid point. He lacks the long hair and he's not big boned like he is in the books.

Yeah. Take his father Roose Bolton for instance. He is described as being pale-skinned, almost completely hairless, having a unassuming and average-looking appearence and speaks very low and soft voice. In the TV series, he is more healthy-looking, balding, has a more imposing appearence and his voice is more badassed. Sometimes, some drastic changes in the adaptation had to happen...

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

Oh yeah, I can't believe that got past me in the first episode of the third season. The sole survivor in Winterfell found by the Northerns was Qyburn. Oh sheet...

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So they're making Ramsay a troll hmmm i like it.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By judasnixon
Loading Video...

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else actually like Joffrey?

Joffrey is horrible and you should feel bad for liking him.

Joking, everyone has their own opinions but he's still horrible. Brilliant acting though. I legitimately despise him

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: I'm really scared for that poor kid who plays Joffrey....... I can see some crazy person kicking the crap out of him for what his character does on the show.......

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By judasnixon
No Caption Provided

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: I'm really scared for that poor kid who plays Joffrey....... I can see some crazy person kicking the crap out of him for what his character does on the show.......

Oho man. You don't even know. I can't spoil anything but ohohohohohohoho man

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: I'm talking about the actor in real life. I know what happens to Joffrey and I can't wait.......

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: I feel like after it happens all the heat on him will disappear. I hope it happens this season since they're splitting book 3 into 2 seasons I hear.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

I'm going to be honest, this past episode went right over my head. Just a lot of new stuff.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beautifulrevery: I think it will happen pretty soon.... They set it up already with the whole Tyrells story line. Speaking of the Tyrells, At first I thought that house was a joke. Now I love them.......

beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: It's kind of hard to not view the Tyrells as a joke in the beginning especially when the only one you really get to hear about is Loras "knight of flowers" Tyrell. Mace Tyrell is pretty meh and terrible at playing the game of thrones. Margaery and the Queen of Thorns though are excellent. My favorite character is still Daenarys though.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ssejllenrad

Man.... Is anyone else a little worried about George R. R. Martin might die before he finishing his series? I mean he isn't the healthiest person on the planet...... He look like he could use a salad.

No Caption Provided

Robert Jordan all over again.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon: Adams had numerous unfinished works. He's more like Tolkien.