The Conjuring Hit $140Mill What Does This Mean For Movies?

• 57 results
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@jonny_anonymous: I think I've proved my point here. There are tons of horror films that have done better than The Conjuring, both financially and critically. Its a mediocre film, not the game changer that you're trying to play it off as.

You haven't proved anything, The Conjuring is still the highest r-rated original horror opening to date

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@v_scarlotte_rose: 40% is admittedly higher than I'd personally guess. But its also pretty low considering their are more females than males (at least in the US).

And again, mostly speaking from my own experiences...all females going to a CBM are usually with a male. Its rare I see a single or groups of females going by themselves to a CBM whereas I've seen groups of men likes it no ones business lol.

And as you said anyways. Plenty of good heroines with good stories to exploit anyway and its a bit laughable that we don't all ready have one!

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By RedLantern23

@jonny_anonymous: And that matters why exactly? It may have had the highest opening, but its still not the most successful. The bottom line is all that matters to these movie studios.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Hopefully it means people aren't going to settle for PG-12 Horror crap.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Shrek the Third has the highest opening weekend domestic numbers out of any Eddie Murphy movie.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Vortex13

I also think it's worth mentioning that the two weekends following it's opening weekend (it's only been out for three weeks at this point) it's gross has gone down over 40% from weekend to weekend. So it won't become the highest grossing horror movie by a long shot. I feel like people focus too much on opening weekend numbers, because the opening weekend is the first time it's revealed to the public so those people go to the film first (obviously) solely based on the trailers. Once the public has seen it and is able to comment on it --via the web, just talking about it to friends or whatever-- the amount of money it makes in the weeks following is more important.

I seriously never understood why people care so much about opening weekend numbers. The film can be absolute crap and still have a relatively good opening weekend, but if the ticket sales drop drasitically after it opens, then the studio that made the film has problems.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By QueenCorp15

The conjuring is in my top 3 films of the yr so far. NITE OWL FTW